If you can swing $40 more, I'm seeing 1060 6GB models going for around the $300 mark. I'm not a big fan of "Here's an option more expensive than what you wanted" but doubling your memory and a faster GPU would seem like the way to go for 15% more over $260 if you can make it happen. Might be worth holding for a week or so and watching 1060 6GB prices, hoping to grab a deal.
Don't taunt me with Microcenter deals! Oh, there's Newegg, too. I think I'll just wait another couple of months and see if there's a better picture of when 1100's are coming out. I don't think there will be another spike in GPU prices unless our esteemed President's trade wars play a role.