* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#100021 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10386 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

The first two posts of this thread have 92.8% of the links you'd need to find 91.6% of the available deals on your own. Complaining about not being provided with direct links for the remaining 8.4% of the deals out there is 86.7% of the problem with people in this world. And that's 99.9876% of the reason we can't have nice things.

#100022 blueArcana   Too fast for freedom CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

The first two posts of this thread have 92.8% of the links you'd need to find 91.6% of the available deals on your own. Complaining about not being provided with direct links for the remaining 8.4% of the deals out there is 86.7% of the problem with people in this world. And that's 99.9876% of the reason we can't have nice things.

something something [certain % of statistics are made up quote here]

Spoiler

#100023 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14166 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:58 AM

back to topic, random crappy deal

http://cdon.fi/pelit...-souls-26876237

Would love to buy this, but it seems like I need a Finnish SSN to register to make the purchase? :(

#100024 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:11 AM

Here are some threads you might like, they are also all about PC game deals!!!!  There have also been several amiibos threads including one that was well over 2000 pages, I made some good cash selling those pieces of crap.  

PC Deals 2
PC Deals 3

PC Deals 4
PC Deals 5

LaJ9Kmo.gif

#100025 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2819 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

0dba2182baaf567abd272100817df53f3169d744

(says the one with a degree in Aerospace Engineering; i.e. actually I *am* a rocket scientist)

#100026 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:15 AM

I guess in my mind, I think everyone on CAG owns multiple platforms including a gaming PC. Is that the case, or no?

I play on strictly the PC, these days and age.

Haven't bought a console since PS1.

#100027 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:45 AM

I think everyone on CAG owns multiple platforms including a gaming PC. Is that the case, or no?

For most, yes. Worth it for games like RDR. Man, do I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't played that

#100028 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:15 AM

For most, yes. Worth it for games like RDR. Man, do I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't played that

gun-1.jpg

#100029 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:24 AM

Eww.

#100030 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8443 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:18 AM

If you're just looking for a fun arpg narrative then play the other two games.

Thanks for the feedback, like most people I play arpgs for the narrative

gun-1.jpg

This is Gun, right? Actually a really fun game that holds up surprisingly well. I played it for like 6 hours earlier this year, but unfortunately the longer I played the buggier it got. My game crashed and I had forgotten to save for a bit and lost a good 1.5-2 hours of gameplay and rage quit. 

#100031 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

I don't think you would come off any worse than anyone else if you had posted there. That said, I tend to buy games on whatever platform that they are the cheapest. My PC is probably considered low end at this point, but it runs most of the indies that I would want to play. I don't really care about AAA games much at this point. Between Humble Bundle, Steam sales, and the occasional free game drop, I have plenty to play on PC. But I'd be lying if I said I don't stroll into GameStop every now and again for their buy 4 used games for $10 sales to beef up my 360 and PS3 physical collections or do my Bing searches each morning before I leave the house so I can get free Xbox Live credit to buy games for free for my Xbox One. I guess in my mind, I think everyone on CAG owns multiple platforms including a gaming PC. Is that the case, or no?

I’m sure that most own multiple platforms and I also think that everyone’s gaming experience and gaming life is unique. In the case of Best Buy’s Gamer’s Club Unlocked - I remember how stuck I was on it - like it was the best thing ever for the time especially since I was a console only gamer - like I would peep in this thread and other PC gaming deal threads and was taken aback by how cheap PC games were in comparison to console games and as a result, GCU was that justification for not getting a PC and sticking with consoles.

Now, I feel like I don’t have to do so much work to actually find good deals for games, I don’t have to run around flipping used games for credit just to get consoles and games for cheap. I don’t have to price match, argue with employees about their policies when I’m trying to stack coupons, etc. My whole gaming life has been care free since I purchased a PC.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have a PS4 Pro because I love their exclusives but discontinuing GCU does not effect me either way because I would rather have those games digital than physical.

#100032 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:10 AM

I used GCU strictly for Nintendo games.

I'm on your side when it comes to buying games on PC. I even purposely chose to not buy some games cause I feel like they'd get ported to PC (obviously not first-party Nintendo). But for those games that are guaranteed console-exclusive, that 20% off was nice. especially when it would stack with a B2G1 deal

#100033 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5287 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

Would love to buy this, but it seems like I need a Finnish SSN to register to make the purchase? :(

I don't think you need, date should be ok, unless you purchase using paying later.

#100034 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

This is Gun, right? Actually a really fun game that holds up surprisingly well. I played it for like 6 hours earlier this year, but unfortunately the longer I played the buggier it got. My game crashed and I had forgotten to save for a bit and lost a good 1.5-2 hours of gameplay and rage quit. 

Yes, it sure is. I liked GUN quite a bit actually. It was pretty good, back around when it came out and all.

Still have it in my retail box on discs.

#100035 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

So, I have about 4 hours into Dishonored: Death of the Outsider so far. Some thoughts incoming.

It's basically more Dishonored 2 with some twists. I'm right now (still) on the second level. Yes, I've spent a decent about of time in each level, so far. Good amount of lore (written books, letters, etc) and there's some audio-logs here & there too.  There's some side quests here and there, in which you have to either assassinate someone or do something (steal something, kill someone, or whatever they ask of you) in often a certain way - which is probably one of many reasons this game dropped the Chaos System.

Since I'm on that topic, the Chaos System is gone here, probably since story-wise both Billie and Daud are pretty much on a revenge path here. It's not really about stealth here, it's about revenge. You really should know your Dishonored lore here, having played everything so far in this one - i.e. Dishonored 1 (base-game) & its two main DLC's (The Knife of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches) and Dishonored 2. Otherwise, you might not get the references here and there...and you might get lost here. It seems like this, so far, is trying to fill in some of the blanks and stuff that was leftover from the last few games, which feels like it's playing (fan) service directly to their fans.

Since the Chaos System's gone: you can go non-lethal stealth if you like, but you won't get penalized by the game if you do go full blown lethal on anything and/or everyone. The Chaos System usually was there for getting better endings, if you play non-lethal - which seems completely gone. Even in Tutorials showing you how to play the game, they do emphasize on lethal and non-lethal play: do what you like. You still get scored & gain stats like Dishonored 1 & 2, though...in case you are challenging yourself here or trying to top others. There might be Achievement and things just for going non-lethal and not killing anyone, if you go the non-lethal route.

Billie's version of Blink - which is called Displace, by the way - actually displaces an image of her to a location before she teleports, which you can use to set enemies up and get them chasing either the real Billie or the image of Billie (depending on who they see) - and you can command when to then make the switch between the two. Another skill lets Billie ghost around the area for a short time and see the lay of the land like an X-Ray mode, where you can mark items and enemies, and whatnot so you can take care of business. Also, Billie can steal now another person's face and walk around with their face to try to get into certain special locations, do special events, and whatnot. This skills are an absolute blast to use, as you'd expect with the typical cool skill sets you often see in Dishonored games. Oh, and Billie can understand rats and talk to them, to try to get information and hints about...well, who knows what.

Basically, this is more Dishonored 2. If you liked or loved the Dishonored series, you'll probably like this too. So far, I'm really liking this.

#100036 Jeebus81   CAG in Perpetuity CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

WWE 2K18 (w/o Season Pass) for $15:  https://www.wingames.../7952/WWE-2K18/

Pretty sure that's the best it has been, by far, because I bought it for freaking $22.50 last week from GMG.

#100037 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10685 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

It would be great if there was a real discussion on good PC game deals without the noise.  This is the perfect forum for it.

"Good deals" do get mentioned here when they come up.  The Razer Game Store deals have been discussed, the notable GMG deals during their birthday sale, etc.  Humble & Fanatical have their own threads but the exceptional deals get crossposted to here.  But no one is going to get jazzed up about posting "Frostpunk is 15% off!" because no one really cares about 15% off sales.  Some people act as though all the chatter is pushing out the deals talk but it's more like the chatter is what keeps this thread afloat between the deals worth mentioning.

#100038 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

Some people act as though all the chatter is pushing out the deals talk but it's more like the chatter is what keeps this thread afloat between the deals worth mentioning.

This thread would never be found if it wasn't for the chatter and we all would be looking through all the posts in CA general looking for deals. (Or not at all on this forum.)

#100039 d8onausa   Hornet CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

d8onausa

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

Anyone seen any current or upcoming deals on Steam Wallet cards?  We're closing in on the Summer Sale, and I'd like to add another ~10% discount on top of it.

#100040 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20428 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

Look, here's what it is.  Every week, fraskytunakey posts an entire list of what's on sale on PSN and Wii U and formats and hyperlinks it and then when there's flash sales he'll pre-post and reserve his peendom to make that list and if anyone dare post a sale other than fruskytanaoki they consolebros get mad.  

So I assume the consolebros would like for there to be a PC froskytinocho to post a nice organized hyperlinked list of every PC game on sale.  Of course, that is impossible because of the way Steam and every other site runs deals it would be 100s of games long and useless and plus, unlike fryskotynashe, we have lives.  I guess clicking on a link to a landing page of all deals you can browse on your own is too much of an inconvenience for the relics who still use CAG exclusively for their deals.   

RIP GCU

#100041 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5287 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

WWE 2K18 (w/o Season Pass) for $15:  https://www.wingames.../7952/WWE-2K18/

Pretty sure that's the best it has been, by far, because I bought it for freaking $22.50 last week from GMG.

Soon Humble Monthly :P

#100042 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20428 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

HeRE Is A DeAl On GAmeZ:

https://www.fanatica...iller-bundle-xi

spongebob.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

#100043 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4326 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

RIP GCU

Never Forget

#GamersClubUnlockedHappened

#GamersClubLocked

#GamersToo

#GT

#OG

#ICE-T

#100044 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5222 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

That bundle lists 10 games, but there are trailers for 11 games; there's a trailer for Stories: Path of Destinies, but it's not listed as one of the games. If someone buys it, please post here if it actually includes the game.

#100045 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20428 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

That bundle lists 10 games, but there are trailers for 11 games; there's a trailer for Stories: Path of Destinies, but it's not listed as one of the games. If someone buys it, please post here if it actually includes the game.

Confirmed by the DIscordbros, though that game was free last week. 

#100046 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1286 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

The Technomancer is easily worth the $4.99 asking price for the bundle.

That being said I already own it and the only other game I'd care about trying is that Forward to the Sky game.  And I'm not buying the bundle just for that.  LOL

#100047 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14166 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

The Technomancer is easily worth the $4.99 asking price for the bundle.

That being said I already own it and the only other game I'd care about trying is that Forward to the Sky game.  And I'm not buying the bundle just for that.  LOL

I already own Forward to the Sky if you'd want to split it (and I own Stories too if anyone wants that). It's a good bundle, barring the Pewdiepie game.

Also, I always use https://isthereanyde...options:pending to check deals and bundles.

#100048 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Confirmed:  Stories: Path of Destinies is included.

#100049 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5287 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

bb2.pngoel63ys4d8z01.png?width=1442&height=688

#100050 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   691 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

I played about a half hour of Stories: Path of Destinies last night. Roughly five minutes was spent in combat, ten minutes was spent walking around between combat, and the remaining fifteen minutes was boring cutscenes with annoying voice acting.

As for actual good games, I figure I'll mention that Super Mega Baseball 2 has been out for three weeks now and I'm comfortable saying that it's the best baseball game ever released on PC. Improves upon the original in practically every way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free