* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#101071 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8721 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

My most heartfelt condolences, man. I know how it is to lose a close family member very suddenly... it's not easy, but you can get through this, and we can help you if you let us.

#101072 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4401 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:32 AM

So sorry for your loss Warreni. My deepest condolences.

#101073 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:41 AM

Sincere condolences, thank you for sharing with us.

#101074 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13845 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

So having said all of that, it's still pretty damn fun. BD Wong, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Jeff Goldblum pop up every now and again to offer you nuggets of wisdom (well, to say frequently smarmy things).

#101075 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4587 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:14 AM

So sorry for your loss Warreni. My deepest condolences. Thinking of you and your family.

#101076 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   931 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:22 AM

Warreni, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife.  I think we are about the same age.  I cannot imagine the multitude of feelings and emotions that you are going through.  I echo the same sentiments and thoughts as the other CAGs here - We love  and appreciate you.  We want to be there to support you.  I am sorry for your loss.  Please drop me a pm if you want to chat.  Please let us know what we can do to help.  

Sincerely

Mark

#101077 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2181 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:40 AM

Deepest condolences and sympathies for your loss, Warren.

#101078 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2753 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

Sorry doesn't even cut it, but it's what I have. I cry for you warreni. May you find comfort somehow, somewhere.

#101079 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5253 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

Amusing but it goes on a bit long. I love that movie, even though the science was laughable at best, and most of the animals in it belonged to the Cretaceous Period. It was one of her favorites too. I bought this at Wal-Mart the other day. 

Thanks again, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. I'm going to get through this because I have to and because it's what she would want. She had some physical and mental health problems, so we had occasionally discussed the idea that she might die before I do, and, frankly, that's how she wanted it. She told me on more than one occasion (and I knew she was serious because that was not something we joked about) that she would kill herself not long after I died if I happened to die first. She felt that she literally could not live without me. We aren't kids anymore, but I still always thought that in a worst-case scenario, we would have had more time than this. I try to keep my thoughts focussed because railing against the injustice of it or blaming her for leaving me here are just pointless and stupid rabbit holes to go down. For my part, I'm going to try really hard not to turn into one of those guys who is constantly talking about his wife. But I probably will be one of those guys for a while. I don't know that I can help it. I think I'm officially late for work now. I'll "see" you knuckle-draggers later. 

By the way, I should say that I'm sorry to hear about bah. I didn't know him particularly well, as I didn't really participate in many (I'm up to a total of 1) bro nights, and I'm also still not well-versed in "chat" technology, despite being relatively tech-savvy for an old guy. Nevertheless, he seemed like a decent guy from his posts and the world always needs more of those. 

#101080 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Warreni, go ahead and post about your wife all you want or need to.  It can't be any worse than any of the other nonsense that gets posted here routinely  :D/ .  If it does you some good, I can't think of a single person here who would object.  

We're here for you.

#101081 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

So sorry for your loss, Warreni. I'm going to hug my wife and 6-month son extra long today. And Everyday.

#101082 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5220 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

Warreni, I'm so sorry for your loss...  I know I couldn't comprehend being in your shoes right now...  I would be listless without my wife.  I doubt there's anything I can do for you on my end but if there is don't hesitate to shoot me a PM...  We view this community the same, as extended family, so please don't hesitate to lean on me or others as you need to. 

#101083 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5253 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

So sorry for your loss, Warreni. I'm going to hug my wife and 6-month son extra long today. And Everyday.

Fantastic! Please treasure them as the great boons to your existence that they are. 

#101084 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

Warreni I cannot imagine what you are going through.  I'm sorry for your loss.  I hug my wife, kids and friends I call family and tell them I love them whenever I see them.  I will squeeze them a little extra tight after reading this.  

#101085 cobolatrix  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

My condolences for your loss warreni. :(

#101086 Frithsblessing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Frithsblessing

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Seasonal CAG checking in

#101087 Evilv6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

My deepest condolences Warreni, to you and your family. Just last night I sent a message to my mother telling her I love her, she immediatly asked me wth did I want from her, but needless to say this is such an important and profound reminder to not be jerks, specially with your loved ones. Much love.

#101088 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

Really sorry to hear about your loss, warreni. As a married CAG I can only imagine what that it would be like to experience such a loss. I've always hoped that I'll be the first to go, even after she inevitably leaves me for the UPS guy.

Also, wow, I did not know about bah until today. So sad. I haven't been able to make a brodate in a long time since parenting duties have completely absorbed my weekday evenings but I have lots of fond memories of Rocket League, corn grass, Jackbox Party Pack nonsense, Sensual Jesus, and many others best left unspoken. Really wish now I could have made a few more nights over the past year. He was always a fixture and a big part of what made those nights fun.

#101089 Fatality   Fear Is a Liar CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

Sorry for your loss warreni  :pray:  :cry:  :grouphug:

#101090 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5253 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

Warreni I cannot imagine what you are going through.  I'm sorry for your loss.  I hug my wife, kids and friends I call family and tell them I love them whenever I see them.  I will squeeze them a little extra tight after reading this.  

Glad to hear it. 

My deepest condolences Warreni, to you and your family. Just last night I sent a message to my mother telling her I love her, she immediatly asked me wth did I want from her, but needless to say this is such an important and profound reminder to not be jerks, specially with your loved ones. Much love.

That's funny. Yeah, it's worth a little incredulity to be damn sure they know how you feel. That's one thing I'm glad I didn't have to worry about. Of the thousand things that I feel I will always second-guess myself about, I can say this: my wife definitely knew that I loved her and I know that she loved me as much as it's possible to love another person. I suppose I'm glad of that. 

Really sorry to hear about your loss, warreni. As a married CAG I can only imagine what that it would be like to experience such a loss. I've always hoped that I'll be the first to go, even after she inevitably leaves me for the UPS guy.

So the thing about UPS guys is that being fast is generally considered a disadvantage by women when it comes to bedroom activities--you may be safe. . . .

#101091 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

So the thing about UPS guys is that being fast is generally considered a disadvantage by women when it comes to bedroom activities--you may be safe. . . .

Yeah, but UPS guys always deliver...

#101092 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23672 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

Swords and Soldiers HD is free on Steam to keep forever:

https://store.steamp...nd_Soldiers_HD/

Go grab it now.

#101093 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, but UPS guys always deliver...

dont you always wonder why your child seems to get real happy when ups trucks drive by?

#101094 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   612 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:22 PM

I don't know what else to say except I'm so sorry for your loss, Warreni. I can't even fathom what you've gone through.

#101095 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

No experience w/ Cyberpower PC's - but the specs on both of those are awesome.

Since both are NVidia-based, I will also advise this: go for a 120hz G-Sync ready monitor. I have never experienced anything so smooth in my life, gameplay-wise. As good as playing anything at 60fps is - that feels like crap, when compared to what comes out of a 120hz monitor w/ G-Sync support.

Thanks for this recommendation. My 27" G-Sync monitor arrived today and it's glorious. I took my 27" Freesync monitors and turned them on their sides to give me a triple screen setup. I'm gonna rock some serious solitaire on this thing.

Battlestation pic.

Spoiler

#101096 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23672 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

@Synnarc

OMG @ that above set-up w/ the three monitors. That looks awesome and insanely cool. :)

I really hope you enjoy your new rig. I bet it's insanely awesome!

And I hope you especially enjoy the G-Sync monitor, as I think this is the biggest game-changer for me in playing games. If you don't have G-Sync - even when playing games, even w/ all the power, you can still takes performance hits & feel something...even if it's say 10 frame loss. You'll notice it, even if you normally are at 60fps and have one small hit to say 50fps; especially in fast-paced games.

Playing games at 30fps or 60fps w/ No-Sync, V-Sync, or Fast Sync is no comparison. As good as even 60fps can be - meh, any of that is crap compared to what 120fps w/ G-Sync and taking even nasty 30fps hits (down to say 90fps) does when playing...i.e. you still feel nothing b/c everything moving so fast anyways, no graphical tearing, no stutters, nothing. Smooth as butter and silky smooth as can be, no matter what happens.

I think with your new super-rig and especially G-Sync, you're gonna be in Gaming Heaven.

I seriously need to find a G-Sync monitor for my main desktop PC at a decent sale sometime. 60fps with anything that isn't G-Sync just isn't the same anymore.

Enjoy your PC!

EDIT:

Is that a G502 mouse there I see? That mouse rules.

#101097 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:18 AM

The G502 is such a great mouse. I'd sex it right in its mouth if I could.

#101098 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:15 AM

So is this mystery box going to be useful tomorrow or hugely disappointing?

#101099 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23672 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:34 AM

So is this mystery box going to be useful tomorrow or hugely disappointing?

Both.

#101100 spoo   Wood for your sheep CAGiversary!   5195 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:51 AM

My thoughts are with you Warreni, stay strong.