* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#101731 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2848 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:55 PM

Anyone played Distrust?

It's 75% off at $3 in the Fanatical Sale.

Yes. It's ok, but not quite what I was expecting. It doesn't have as much of a The Thing vibe as I would have liked. Worth 3 bux, I would say.

#101732 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:12 PM

EDIT:

I been on that nostalgia trip and started last night River City Ransom: Underground. I'm having a blast w/ it. Combat's a ton of fun and feels like a true sequel to the old RCR USA version NES Classic.

Anyone played Distrust?

It's 75% off at $3 in the Fanatical Sale.

EDIT:

Anyone played Westboro?

I see Inmate bought this - and somehow, I missed this title....and it was already even on my damn (1000+ game) Steam Wishlist. Looks cool.

All three of those seem like they should soon be in bundles I'll probably want anyway.  I passed on them for that reason.

Canabalt

Canabalt is fantastic.  I play it regularly, and have a score just outside the top 20.

What I love about it is that there is no random deaths.  You can survive everything you come upon, provided you don't mess up.  The downside to that is you can only blame yourself when you do die.

#101733 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1172 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:41 PM

Final Steam Summer Sale Haul: Nothing

Games on my wishlist were either too new eg. Yakuza 0 or poorly priced eg. Lego City Undercover 

#101734 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:49 PM

I maybe missed this one...depending on the price and all.

How much was this during the Steam Summer Sale?

EDIT:

I been on that nostalgia trip and started last night River City Ransom: Underground. I'm having a blast w/ it. Combat's a ton of fun and feels like a true sequel to the old RCR USA version NES Classic.

That was one of my summer grabs too. Underground really does feel like a sequel to River City Ransom, although that's a double-edged sword. You forget all the grinding you had to do as a kid to get your character at full strength, but boy does Underground bring all that tedium back into sharp focus. If you get bored with one character and switch to another, the XP doesn't transfer, so you're back at square one.

Still, it's got a lot of heart. The script is even better than it was in the original ("I'm not crying! I'm just secreting liquid sadness!") and there's more variety in the characters. Members of the "NERDS" gang look genuinely like nerds instead of Technos headswaps, and they fight the way an actual nerd might, tossing chemicals from a distance and cowering in fear when you beat their friends. It's way better than other attempts at reviving the RCR gameplay, like Scott Pilgrim... I just wish it weren't so damn grindy.

I didn't buy too much else in this sale... I just grabbed a few titles for my friends, since the discounts were so steep. I think I got some Asteroids clone for myself, and maybe something else. Heck if I can remember. For what it's worth, I didn't think the sale was bad at all... just because they weren't selling new releases at 75% off doesn't mean there wasn't good stuff available. You just had to dig deep, and look for some indie titles. I could have bought a dozen games in the sale if I were more personally invested in Steam... heaven knows there were plenty up for grabs.

#101735 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

I bought stuff, some cheap, some not remotely cheap.  I also leveled my badge up to 13 because I had that many cards and didn't want to bother listing them.  Apparently you get a new badge up until 10 for the sale and then it stops.  *shrugs*

#101736 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8803 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

I bought stuff, some cheap, some not remotely cheap.  I also leveled my badge up to 13 because I had that many cards and didn't want to bother listing them.  Apparently you get a new badge up until 10 for the sale and then it stops.  *shrugs*

Ha. Hahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

(No. Ha.)

#101737 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:51 AM

A badge for 55k?  Well that is insane.

Actually that makes me wonder, how the hell would someone even level a badge into the thousands?  Scripts?

Edited by weretable, 06 July 2018 - 12:53 AM.

#101738 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8803 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:52 AM

I don't bother getting more than one level nowadays. :P

#101739 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:00 AM

I never leveled a sale badge beyond one before this sale.  I wouldn't mind having some more profile unlocks if I ever get bored enough to do something with it but mostly I just didn't care about selling the cards considering they were going for so little. 

Looking at that badge page I just realized that I didn't see a single foil despite usually getting a few every year and having probably 10x the cards that I have had in the past (I never do the pre-sale crafting thing).  Weird.

#101740 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11343 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:18 AM

I had to mentally check out of that when it got to "How can the game design be hostile if playing a game is a consensual agreement, man??" =;

All of the sailors are big you know. 

#101741 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

I maybe missed this one...depending on the price and all.

How much was this during the Steam Summer Sale?

It was $3.49.  I played a lot of double dragon as a kid on the nes so despite the mixed reviews I imagine I'll get my monies worth out of it.

#101742 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25872 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

It was $3.49.  I played a lot of double dragon as a kid on the nes so despite the mixed reviews I imagine I'll get my monies worth out of it.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look forward to the next Steam Sale for that one. Hopefully, it's that price or lower in future sales.

I really liked Double Dragon 1 & 2 in the arcades; and Double Dragon 2 & 3 on the NES.

Double Dragon 1 NES was quite good too. A bit different than the arcade version, but still good.

#101743 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14963 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

A badge for 55k?  Well that is insane.

Actually that makes me wonder, how the hell would someone even level a badge into the thousands?  Scripts?

I'd use that card money for 500+ games, but some people are just really, really, incredibly stupid. Nobody cares about the badges.

#101744 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:02 AM

Nobody cares about the badges.

Same could be said about bundle junk +1s and steam game count but thats still a thing.

#101745 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6231 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:04 AM

So I'm in the process of trying to set up Archi Steam Farm 2FA. In the tutorial for it, it says that I start by creating a "new empty BotName.maFile". What on God's green Earth is a .maFile, and how do I create one?

I get that once I've created it, I'm supposed to name it with my primary account's bot name. But I have no idea how to even create that kind of file.

EDIT: Figured it out.

#101746 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6231 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:10 AM

I'd use that card money for 500+ games, but some people are just really, really, incredibly stupid. Nobody cares about the badges.

About a year ago I realized that it had been almost 4 years since I bothered to look at another user's badge page. With that realization came the further realization that nobody gave a shit about my badge page either. After that I almost completely abandoned crafting badges. Oh, I still do it if I really, really liked a game. But 99% of my cards just get listed on the market these days. Including sale event cards.

#101747 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:14 AM

Are badge levels like VRAMs? 

Like, the more I have, the bigger my dick?

#101748 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11343 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:23 AM

So I'm in the process of trying to set up Archi Steam Farm 2FA. In the tutorial for it, it says that I start by creating a "new empty BotName.maFile". What on God's green Earth is a .maFile, and how do I create one?

I get that once I've created it, I'm supposed to name it with my primary account's bot name. But I have no idea how to even create that kind of file.

It's a mobile authenticator file. 
Based on the quick google search, it looks like you need to have a rooted phone or a desktop app, pull the information out of the appdata and then format the data to fit what's being looked for and then save it as a maFile.  There's probably someone smarter than me that knows a better way to do it, but that's way too much effort and an extra layer of security-defeating that I'm not willing to go through. 

#101749 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14963 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:01 AM

Same could be said about bundle junk +1s and steam game count but thats still a thing.

Can you play badges? No.

/discussion

#101750 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:03 AM

At the last minute I passed on grabbing the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass

Why didn't you buy it? It's probably some of the best dlc around

#101751 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:38 AM

Can you play badges? No.

/discussion

Can you play bundle junk? Yes.

Do you play bundle junk? No.

#101752 Motiv  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:28 AM

Why didn't you buy it? It's probably some of the best dlc around

I was temped, but it seems to always hit regular sales at that $12.49 price point. I've barely touched The Witcher 3 and by the time I need the extra content I figure it'll be on sale again. 

#101753 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:30 AM

I was temped, but it seems to always hit regular sales at that $12.49 price point. I've barely touched The Witcher 3 and by the time I need the extra content I figure it'll be on sale again. 

Ah, makes sense

#101754 Motiv  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:34 AM

Ah, makes sense

Would there by any reason to pick it up early? Or is it best to just play through the game and then venture through Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine later?

#101755 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

I got a few things this sale.  Maybe less than some previous few sales, but not by all that much.  I generally don't grab a whole lot--maybe one major purchase and some big discount stuff.  This sale was mostly light on the big discount stuff as I has most of it already.

Spintires: MudRunner

Thief DLC

Don't Starve Together (extra copy for my wife's account)

Stardew Valley (son's account so it's not limited to family share availability)

Geometry Dash (son's account again)

Portal 2 (wife's account for mp)

Pinball FX3 - Aliens vs Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Universal Classics Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Bethesda Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Marvel's Women of Power

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Upgrade DLC

Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel

Skipped other DLC I had been wanting because it either wasn't discounted enough or I figure I can wait until next sale.

I went into the sale with plans on for sure buying the Pinball FX3 DLC, Don't Starve Together, Stardew Vallew, and Geometry Dash.  I guess I didn't end up getting much more than that.

#101756 wentzelitis   CAG in Training CAG in Training   20 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

wentzelitis

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

I got a few things this sale.  Maybe less than some previous few sales, but not by all that much.  I generally don't grab a whole lot--maybe one major purchase and some big discount stuff.  This sale was mostly light on the big discount stuff as I has most of it already.

Spintires: MudRunner

Thief DLC

Don't Starve Together (extra copy for my wife's account)

Stardew Valley (son's account so it's not limited to family share availability)

Geometry Dash (son's account again)

Portal 2 (wife's account for mp)

Pinball FX3 - Aliens vs Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Universal Classics Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Bethesda Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Marvel's Women of Power

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Upgrade DLC

Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel

Skipped other DLC I had been wanting because it either wasn't discounted enough or I figure I can wait until next sale.

I went into the sale with plans on for sure buying the Pinball FX3 DLC, Don't Starve Together, Stardew Vallew, and Geometry Dash.  I guess I didn't end up getting much more than that.

love pinball fx3!  i started getting all the tables when the 60 fps patch was released for switch but i picked up all the star wars tables on steam during the sale since they're not on switch .   i actually prefer using the shift keys on my keyboard more than a controller now that i've used both

#101757 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

I played about 3 hours of Into the Breach yesterday so here are impressions.

Spoiler

Hopefully this one gets bundled, but it gets a thumbs up from Nitro!

#101758 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10544 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

So I started profile stalking since I was feeling old. While it seems I'm on the upper end of the range compared to many of the regulars, I'm kind of surprised at the overall age range which I would have assumed to be much lower. I guess cheapassedness is a learned trait with age. 

And good job The End. I hope I'm still playing games at your age.

#101759 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5897 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:22 PM

I don't know if its happening on Steam but according to trueachivements.com Lego Hobbit is getting delisted on June 14th.

#101760 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5352 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:45 PM

June 14th was month ago and is still on Steam.