* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#103591 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

Can you send a link of that for scientific reasons please

tenor.gif

#103592 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1000 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:13 AM

For the Tremor bros, they have Dungeons III and Hidden Folks in stock. Hidden Folks is selling faster, on account of its lower cost and high level of demand. If you have the coins, Hidden Folks seems like a good get even if you end up trading it.

#103593 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5287 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:44 AM

For the Tremor bros, they have Dungeons III and Hidden Folks in stock. Hidden Folks is selling faster, on account of its lower cost and high level of demand. If you have the coins, Hidden Folks seems like a good get even if you end up trading it.

I'm glad they released more games from the monthly...  It made it very easy to pause a month. 

#103594 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5848 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

I hadn't bought anything on the Steam Store in six months, noticed that I had some funds, and bought Dungelot, The Slimeking's Tower, and Press X to Not Die while they were on sale. All were on my wish list and all are relatively low-end friendly. Spent $4.97 total.

#103595 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8850 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

I like Dungelot a bit. Kind of fun and easy to play as a quick run through a dungeon or such. I remember some slight clicking bugs, but otherwise it was fine.

#103596 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1000 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

I'm glad they released more games from the monthly...  It made it very easy to pause a month. 

They have been decent at putting those games on their store lately. Better for early unlocks than for the surprise games, as the latter tends to go out of stuck a lot quicker. Prices are usually decent too. Hidden Folks at 700 coins is already gone but Dungeons III at 2,000 is also decent and still in stock. Overwatch is very overpriced at 10k coins, however. Really perplexing given that Overwatch has not had nearly the same trade demand on Barter and other places as Destiny 2 did. Lowball offers are succeeding at a very high rate.

#103597 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2859 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

Speaking of Tremor, sometime in February I was suddenly unable to login. Couldn't figure out why but there was no ban message, just a username/password error (all I do is trade Humble gifts for coins, no multiple accounts/IPs or anything like that). Password reset e-mail wouldn't arrive, either. I tried logging in every week or two since then to no avail. Fast forward to two weeks ago and I was finally able to receive the reset password email. Now I can login but I can't purchase anything because I never linked my Steam account, and based on their forum other people can't link their Steam accounts either.

It looks like Tremor still does Humble gift trade-ins for coins. I should have probably linked my Steam account back in December or whenever it was they started requiring it for redeeming coins on games. If I can get that to work I have a backlog of ~9 months of random IG fodder to pick up.

• HBX likes this

#103598 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

Forged Buttalion:

HDL3?-JPB?Z-VM0QG

Spoiler

#103599 Red_Lizard2  

Red_Lizard2

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

IMO I liked the older TellTale games, but by the time I'd played TWD2 the shine had worn off. I still haven't play most of their other games (just TWD, TWAU, Borderlands, and Sam & Max), partly because the episodic nature and by the time all the episodes were out I'd forget about the game, and mostly because the Illusion of choice was gone. IMO that was one of their bigger problems, once you play a couple of their games you felt choices really didn't matter and it made it hard to want to play others unless you really liked the story. 

#103600 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:13 PM

Tales from the Borderlands is one of the better games I've played this decade, the humor really hit home with me.  But I agree that the games were very derivative from a gameplay standpoint.  I skipped most of them but really enjoyed the original TWD, Wolf (also very excellent) and obviously Borderlands.

#103601 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

I still haven't play most of their other games (just TWD, TWAU, Borderlands, and Sam & Max),

So, all the good ones then? (TWAU, TWD S1, and TftB)

#103602 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1000 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

I enjoyed Sam and Max Season 3, Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures and Tales of Monkey Island. Don't have any of their new style games besides The Walking Dead Season 1, so I can't comment on those.

#103603 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:33 PM

Tales of Monkey Island and the three seasons of Sam & Max were great, but Telltale's best will always be the two Puzzle Agent games.

#103604 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:52 PM

TWD is when Telltale stopped trying to make actual adventure games. I remember one of the 'puzzles' from TWD required you to fix the battery placement in a flashlight or something because the character who handed it to you put them in backwards.

Tales of Monkey Island and Sam & Max, on the other hand, had actual puzzles.

#103605 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4309 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:10 PM

TWD is when Telltale stopped trying to make actual adventure games. I remember one of the 'puzzles' from TWD required you to fix the battery placement in a flashlight or something because the character who handed it to you put them in backwards.

What you talkin bout? That TWD puzzle is real I tell you. Tebow's mom was just helping MysterD the other day put the batteries in his Fleshlight the right way, he was very puzzled.

#103606 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14113 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:20 PM

What you talkin bout? That TWD puzzle is real I tell you. Tebow's mom was just helping MysterD the other day put the batteries in his Fleshlight the right way, he was very puzzled.

Is the MysterD equivalent of a fleshlight this?

#103607 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20391 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:28 PM

Jim is an awful wrestler.  

#103608 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:39 PM

Uhm, it's pronounced wrassler. 

#103609 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2859 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Not to be pedantic but the BttF game is when Telltale stopped trying to make actual adventure games. BttF was decent overall but marked a detour from doing more "traditional" puzzles like in the Sam & Max games or Tales of MI. I didn't play Jurassic Park but the reception was mixed at best, and that game was basically a test run for the formula that Telltale optimized in TWD.

I've played the first two Sam & Max seasons, and while the games were overall solid in terms of puzzles the writing and pacing bored me. IIRC most people agree season 3 is the best one, so maybe one day I'll play it.

Of the "modern" Telltale formula games, I only played TWD. Overall I really enjoyed it but never bothered with some of their other well regarded titles like TWAU or TftB. That didn't stop me from buying most of the Telltale games in random Humble Bundles, though. In retrospect Telltale was probably quite aggressive with bundles because they weren't making a profit on any of the post-TWD games.

As a longtime point-and-click adventurer I appreciate that Telltale carried the torch for the genre for those few years and arguably played a big role in more people taking an interest in adventure games again. It's a shame they got drunk off the success of TWD and spun out of control.

#103610 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8394 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:13 AM

https://store.steamp...iny_Bang_Story/

Free if you missed it previously.

#103611 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8421 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:05 AM

Eh, tbh it's not exactly something I missed. The "puzzles" in adventure games typically aren't my idea of fun

#103612 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14113 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

I hear it's more fun if you sit around your house idling games like OotP Baseball 18 and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

#103613 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

chrono.gg seems to be down, I hope they don't take away my 20000 coins.  Although I assume I could just pay $3.00 to get all the games in the coin shop.

#103614 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20391 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

Chrono is back up.

Also, I, for one, did not mind, the "simpler" "puzzles" in Telltale Games' "games."  Pixel "hunting" for a clue, or lever, or button, was never, my idea of fun.  Putting a "chicken" into a door knob so it'll lay an egg and crack it and lube up the keyhole so I can open the door was never my idea of a clever puzzle.  Sure, there's something in between and games have done it better, but the TTG games had some charm to them.

#103615 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

Sad to see TellTale Games go under, especially for all those employees that lost their jobs without severance. I loved Sam & Max, Walking Dead, and Wolf Among Us. Really bummed out about the second season of Wolf Among Us. They would be in a better situation if they focused more on fixing their buggy game engine and changed up the formula a bit. All those expensive licensed properties killing their profit margins didn't help either. 

#103616 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

Chrono is back up.

Also, I, for one, did not mind, the "simpler" "puzzles" in Telltale Games' "games."  Pixel "hunting" for a clue, or lever, or button, was never, my idea of fun.  Putting a "chicken" into a door knob so it'll lay an egg and crack it and lube up the keyhole so I can open the door was never my idea of a clever puzzle.  Sure, there's something in between and games have done it better, but the TTG games had some charm to them.

Agree with the Fox on this one. I'm old enough to remember the Babel fish puzzle in Infocom's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and that was just the beginning of this sort of nonsense. I've stopped and started Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened two or three times because I had trouble getting past the first "level," and then when I got to the asylum, it got even more ridiculous from there. Personally, I favor the side of putting relatively-straightforward puzzles that don't require the most circuitous of video-game logics to solve and/or massive quantities of backtracking in your game so that players can enjoy an entertaining story (which that game promised to have) instead of just serving as the electronic equivalent of a discipline [this one]). The experience has made me shy away from any Frogwares games, even though I am a big SH fan. 

Edited by warreni, 25 September 2018 - 07:59 PM.

#103617 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Older adventure games puzzles be like: "What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

#103618 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3234 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

Older adventure games puzzles be like: "What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

African or European?

#103619 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:27 PM

Agree with the Fox on this one. I'm old enough to remember the Babel fish puzzle in Infocom's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and that was just the beginning of this sort of nonsense.

There were certainly text adventure puzzles prior to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, though the puzzles in that one were rather, er, convoluted for a very good reason.

#103620 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23904 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:27 PM

Free Weekend for The Crew 2 is coming up:

https://thecrew-game...s-weekend-on-pc