* * * * * 82 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#103771 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2921 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

WTF kind of game is Shadow Warrior 2 and why do I feel like I've never heard of it before? That trailer was batshit insane.  I think I want that to win!

#103772 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:01 AM

Already posted in the GOG thread but I'll add it here:

To celebrate its 10th anniversary, GOG will be giving away a free game on October 4th. You can help decide that game by voting here. Choices are:

Shadow Warrior 2

SUPERHOT

Firewatch

I... I already have all of those.

#103773 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:20 AM

WTF kind of game is Shadow Warrior 2 and why do I feel like I've never heard of it before? That trailer was batshit insane.  I think I want that to win!

"No it's better if Superhot wins."

- The End

#103774 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Okay, voted SUPERHOT.

#103775 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:32 AM

Iqrn7ie.gif

#103776 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:43 AM

Shadow Warrior 2 is the sequel to the Shadow Warrior 2013 reboot.

SW 2013 is an old-school style FPS, for the most part - https://en.wikipedia...013_video_game)

SW 2 is a looter-shooter w/ some ramdomized missions/areas with some open-world stuff and less linear stuff going on, this time around:

https://en.wikipedia...rior_2#Gameplay

Shadow Warrior (1997) was the original, developed by 3D Realms. It was on the Build Engine (i.e. DN3D Engine) and was a fun, humurous & very crass old-school FPS - https://en.wikipedia...997_video_game)

#103777 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10925 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:58 AM

I understand that we're all supposed to vote for SuperHOT?  Ok, done.

#103778 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:05 AM

I wanted/voted Firewatch...

#103779 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:48 AM

I understand that we're all supposed to vote for SuperHOT?  Ok, done.

bDnPcxV.gif

#103780 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:04 AM

We all have Superhot, don't we?

#103781 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:09 AM

We all have Superhot, don't we?

Yep, I already have it.

#103782 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:37 AM

Yep, I already have it.

Have on Steam from that G2A bundle from forever ago and from Twitch. I don't also need it on GOG. 

Stop being noobs, noobs. 

#103783 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4358 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:50 AM

So it sounds like Superhot is what people are after here? I don't really have any interest in any of these, so I'll vote for that.

#103784 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:10 AM

I already have Superhot, but haven't played it. So it got my vote, obviously

#103785 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:30 AM

r63rP3a.png

#103786 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4358 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:52 AM

So why is GOG having their tenth year anniversary thingamabob in October, when they started business in February?

#103787 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:55 AM

So why is GOG having their tenth year anniversary thingamabob in October, when they started business in February?

because its been 2 weeks since their last sale and they needed to make up an excuse?

#103788 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5474 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:06 AM

Damn! Didn't make the list. . . .

Waters of Mars.

And some sort of egret?

I had mixed feelings about Waters of Mars. It had its good bits, but water aliens?! Ugh. Also, I have no idea how to count those weird 90 minute things Tennant did leading up to the whole "suddenly Rassilon is somehow still around and crashing Gallifrey into Earth because The Master" swan song. 

Midnight and Blink are two of the best Doctor Who episodes ever, old series or new.

I'm going to say no to that. But it was Blink. What is everyone's obsession with Midnight over here? It was one of the worst bottle episodes in the history of the new series. Well, it's probably a toss-up between that one and 42. They were both fairly awful. 

Well, Blink might. 
In terms of single episodes, I'd go with Eccleston's best was Dalek, John Hurt's best was Day of the Doctor, Tennant's best was Blink, Smith's best was Vincent and the Doctor, Capaldi's best was "Heaven Sent".

Interesting choices. I would not disagree too vehemently with any of these except that Capaldi's best was really "Listen." And Smith's may have been "The Lodger," but really, the whole of Series 5 was quite good (except for "Victory of the Daleks"--that was just silly). 

So I haven't done this in a while, and I'm bored and tired after driving most of the day today, so here's the deal: the first individual who virtually pinky-swears that he'll claim it for personal use only and provides the correct answers to the following four items by PM gets a free whatever-the-hell-kind-of-link that Humble gives you for Overwatch:

• Name the type of onsite sewage treatment and disposal system most commonly installed in coastal areas.

aerobic treatment unit

• Name the best single-episode David Tennant Doctor Who story [shut up, that is not subjective!]. 
Blink
  • Are gharials more closely related to alligators or crocodiles?
Crocodiles
  • Identify the species of this bird. 
Anhinga

Have fun. 

EDIT: Huh. This may have been harder than I thought. Keep 'em coming, folks.

So, <shrug>? won with 3 out of 4 correct answers. Above are the answers. Fox was the only person to correctly name that bird. We may have a closet birder in our midst. 

Just got back from a work trip out of town to find a massive tree branch fell and smashed the back glass on my 2007 VW Beetle. Ugh. More messes to clean up tomorrow.

Edited by warreni, 02 October 2018 - 04:10 AM.

#103789 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4358 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:49 AM

I'm going to say no to that. But it was Blink. What is everyone's obsession with Midnight over here? It was one of the worst bottle episodes in the history of the new series. Well, it's probably a toss-up between that one and 42. They were both fairly awful.

I'd say Girl in the Fireplace, myself, though to be fair I haven't watched the show in years.

But obviously the best single episode in the new series in general is Dalek.

#103790 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1337 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:04 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but besides the individual games on sale during GOG's 10 Anniversary Sale they also have some themed bundles. 

The biggest one is probably their Modern Classics Bundle.  It includes Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and Battle Chasers: Nightwar for $25.  I don't think Kingdom Come: Deliverance has ever gone that low on sale and you get two other games with it.

https://www.gog.com/.../collection_iii

#103791 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

something something steam keys... but yeah, taking a real hard look at it. a real hard look.

#103792 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24545 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but besides the individual games on sale during GOG's 10 Anniversary Sale they also have some themed bundles. 

The biggest one is probably their Modern Classics Bundle.  It includes Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and Battle Chasers: Nightwar for $25.  I don't think Kingdom Come: Deliverance has ever gone that low on sale and you get two other games with it.

https://www.gog.com/.../collection_iii

Mentioned the sale in GOG Thread:
https://www.cheapass...ead/?p=14060736

Talked about pricing, hours, etc of KCD Bundle in GOG Thread:

https://www.cheapass...ead/?p=14060759

Thing is - I own some things for these GOG Bundles, so a lot of these give me repeats I have on Steam, GOG, or elsewhere.

GOG Bundle 1 - Missing only Dungeon Keeper 2.

GOG Bundle 2 - Missing Owlboy and Homeworld: Remastered version (I own Homeworld 1+2 old editions from retail).

GOG Bundle 3 - I am missing KCD.

#103793 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5474 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

I'd say Girl in the Fireplace, myself, though to be fair I haven't watched the show in years.

But obviously the best single episode in the new series in general is Dalek.

You know, The Girl in the Fireplace was rather good. My wife loved it.

Interesting nugget, because you guys probably want to talk about games or something. Anyway, this one should get the hairs on the back of MysterD's neck erect. There was a question about Red Dead Redemption 2 on Saturday's episode of "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." Apparently, the devs have modelled realistic genital shrinkage for horses fording cold rivers in the game.

Edited by warreni, 02 October 2018 - 12:04 PM.

#103794 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4358 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Anyway, this one should get the hairs on the back of MysterD's neck erect. There was a question about Red Dead Redemption 2 on Saturday's episode of "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." Apparently, the devs have modelled realistic genital shrinkage for horses fording cold rivers in the game.

I needed to know this.

Said no one, ever.

#103795 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14410 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

Can't wait to watch shriveling horse ballsacks in 4K...

#103796 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   855 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:56 PM

Blink was scary, original and a well crafted episode in general.

Midnight had some dialogue and pacing issues but it was scarier/creepier than Blink because the threat was human nature and more so than in any other episode I can think of, the Doctor was powerless.  No outsmarting his foe at the last minute, no talking his way out of a situation.   We never needed to see the alien lifeform because it was never the real threat.  I also consider it one of the more unique/clever episodes because of that. 

#103797 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5474 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Blink was scary, original and a well crafted episode in general.

Midnight had some dialogue and pacing issues but it was scarier/creepier than Blink because the threat was human nature and more so than in any other episode I can think of, the Doctor was powerless.  No outsmarting his foe at the last minute, no talking his way out of a situation.   We never needed to see the alien lifeform because it was never the real threat.  I also consider it one of the more unique/clever episodes because of that.

Well, we can agree to disagree, but the Doctor is frequently powerless and, in many if not most of the shows, he's battling against human nature. You can't really say that there was no external threat because the threat was the alien that was taking over people. I'm leery of any of these shows that lean too heavily on concepts like "mental energy" that are basically nonsense. Doctor Who works best when it either completely glosses over the science behind its fiction or on the rare occasions when it gets it right. Look at something like "The Invisible Enemy." It's basically Fantastic Voyage with a robot dog, and it's entertaining because, well, Tom Baker, but the story is fundamentally nonsense, and that's one of the key reasons it's not going to make anyone's top ten list of best serials ever.

Can't wait to watch shriveling horse ballsacks in 4K...

I just assumed this would be a reason for people to fork over $1,000 for a GTX Googolplex. I mean, horse dongs, am I right?

Edited by warreni, 02 October 2018 - 01:30 PM.

#103798 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

Interesting nugget, because you guys probably want to talk about games or something. Anyway, this one should get the hairs on the back of MysterD's neck erect. There was a question about Red Dead Redemption 2 on Saturday's episode of "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." Apparently, the devs have modelled realistic genital shrinkage for horses fording cold rivers in the game.

Please, you had me at erect...

...then lost me at shrinkage.

#103799 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

"Yo, Shadow Warrior 2 hasn't gone beyond 50% off and not in a humble monthly or anything yet. let's just fucking give it away"

well ok... assuming SW2 wins. you guys do love me, right?

It was -90% on Steam shortly after release for couple of hours.

#103800 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

I'm confused about the push to vote for superhot when it's the only one of the three games that's been bundled