* * * * * 82 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#105991 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

From what I remember reading, when you install Hitman 2 and run it for the first time, the Legacy Pack won't be immediately playable. I believe you need to run the game once, close it out, and then the Hitman 1 levels will download and install in Hitman 2. [...]

Thanks!

Dropped me right in the same training mission from Hitman S1, I played through it again and definitely noticed much worse performance. And this was the training mission, can't imagine how things would get once stuff starts exploding. I'll fiddle around in the settings a bit and see how it goes. 

Rather than go through the challenges in the training mission, I exited out to the main menu, it said "Thank you for your purchase" (I didn't buy anything new, so I imagine that's referring to Hitman S1 I already own) and told me to quit the game to load new content. Now it's updating in Steam, I suppose that's the Legacy Pack levels downloading. 

#105992 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Seriously though can't we all just get along. I have Google Play Music for streaming, Records for my turnables, CDs that rip to FLAC or MP3 or buy (yes people still buy music) for those guys above and use it all.

I have a Raspberry Pi for unspoken gaming/asf farming, NES classic and NES knockoff with games, Switch, Xbone X and PS4 Pro, N2DSXL, Arcade Cabinet and my custom built PC.

Steam, Origin, Blizz, Uplay, Windows Store and GOG (only free games though) and will buy and pay/play anywhere the games are cheaper or take me.

Never heard of asf before, any comments? How much do you make? 

Yeah, Steam is great and convenient, but I absolutely love some amount of competition between different platforms, just means more free games for me. I can hand in my fakeybro card for saying I like Twitch, but the monthly free games on Twitch Prime have been better than the last two years of Humble. Super stoked for Subnautica free later this week on Epic, since I haven't played it at all yet. It's been on my buy list for a while.

With all the different clients, my ever-growing backlog is now being flooded just with more and more free games that I'm actually genuinely excited about and interested in, on top of tons of support and content for the main titles I've been playing for years. And that's not even including PS Plus titles on my PS4. 

#105993 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

I think I still have a Sansa E200 around here somewhere.  No idea if it works anymore.  It had so little storage that once I got the iPod I never used it anymore.   I still have a couple of even older mp3 players with like 128 and 256 MB of storage.  I should find those and just trash them.  

My non-rootable AT&T Note 4 is basically worthless without my portable dac/amp which really means carrying around a lot of shit just to listen to some tunes.  Fine if I am waiting around somewhere, not so much if I am working outside or jogging.  Another thing with using my smartphone as a music player is that the battery drains way faster than my iPod does and Samsung  does not even sell batteries for phones more than a few years old.  I have tried a couple of generic batteries and both were trash.  No idea what I will get next time I get a new phone but I doubt it will be a Samsung.  And maybe I will get a different carrier as well, at the time nobody else had reasonable coverage for this entire area.  Not sure about now.  

#105994 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1713 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

Never heard of asf before, any comments? How much do you make? 

https://github.com/J...iSteamFarm/wiki

Its just an easy way to grab all cards for everything in your library, so when you add some bundle trash you dont actually have to play it to get the cards to sell. ASF runs on just about anything though so it makes it easy to automate on a server/rpi/etc

#105995 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20837 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:13 PM

I think I still have a Sansa E200 around here somewhere.  No idea if it works anymore.  It had so little storage that once I got the iPod I never used it anymore.   I still have a couple of even older mp3 players with like 128 and 256 MB of storage.  I should find those and just trash them.  

My non-rootable AT&T Note 4 is basically worthless without my portable dac/amp which really means carrying around a lot of shit just to listen to some tunes.  Fine if I am waiting around somewhere, not so much if I am working outside or jogging.  Another thing with using my smartphone as a music player is that the battery drains way faster than my iPod does and Samsung  does not even sell batteries for phones more than a few years old.  I have tried a couple of generic batteries and both were trash.  No idea what I will get next time I get a new phone but I doubt it will be a Samsung.  And maybe I will get a different carrier as well, at the time nobody else had reasonable coverage for this entire area.  Not sure about now.  

Look into the V20.  It's older.  You can find a used one pretty cheap.  Battery life is just so-so but it's one of the few modern smartphones where you can still switch out the camera so you can either get extras or get one of those battery packs with the extended batteries, it just makes the phone bulkier.  Most people nowadays just buy a dedicated powerbank for their phone so that's an option too.  

#105996 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24542 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:50 PM

GreenManGaming:

Mix N Match Bundle - Pick 5 games for $5:

https://www.greenman...om/mix-n-match/

#105997 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:03 PM

I remember my first MP3 player having a whopping 32 MB of storage. I could fit eight songs on it. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang was one of them. Side note: 1999 sucked.

Also, anyone here have one of those hideous jukebox MP3 players?

KN7ooLz.jpg

I always wanted one but the price was just absurd.

#105998 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8610 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:05 PM

I got the little caesars thin crust.

Then when I looked at it I remembered someone here said it was like Domino's thin crust.

I was disappointed.

#105999 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4496 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:21 PM

KN7ooLz.jpg

D0kH.gif

#106000 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8610 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:26 PM

I got into minidisc when MP3 players first became a thing.

#106001 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Valkyria Chronicles 4 at ~$25 after FANATICAL10 code is pretty great.. up there with DQXI as my favorite 2018 game.
https://www.fanatica...ia-chronicles-4

#106002 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10921 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

I think I still have a Sansa E200 around here somewhere.

I have an e260 (?) floating around a desk drawer here.  I'd still use it except that it's easier in my car to use a USB stick or Bluetooth from my phone than to mess with an AUX cable.

#106003 elessar123  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:40 AM

I remember my first MP3 player having a whopping 32 MB of storage. I could fit eight songs on it. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang was one of them. Side note: 1999 sucked.

KN7ooLz.jpg

I had that one (actually, the FM one), a different Archos, and a couple Creative ones after.

My first one was 2000ish with a Kodak camera + mp3 player. The 64 MB was enough to hold one album, so it was completely useless.

#106004 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20837 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:51 AM

I got into minidisc when MP3 players first became a thing.

I had a friend in college who went all in on minidisc when MP3 players were coming out.  Poor fool. 

KN7ooLz.jpg

I didn't have that one, but I had this one:

330px-Archos_605.JPG

Which was actually a bit ahead of its time in trying to push a tablet before tablets were a thing.  Got them on supersale from blockbuster after seeing them posted here on CAG.  Something like $120-$150 when the regular price was like $300.  They had accessories to let you play your files on a TV and even record live TV.  Thing was super innovative.  

They were nice products (and I think I still have it somewhere) but they were buggy and got slower overtime until they just got too buggy.  Might even have had charging issues.  Another great idea poorly executed.  

#106005 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8114 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:55 AM

I used to sell Palm Pilots to customers.  It's funny how that used to be a thing.  Guys with their fully loaded belts holstering both a Palm Pilot and a Blackberry. 

#106006 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

Man, the Sansa Clip+ was such a terrific budget MP3 player. Still use one when running or doing yard work. Excellent battery life. I'll be disappointed whenever it bites the dust because it's been so reliable for so many years.

OG Clip (from 2007) checking in. I don't really use this thing anymore but it was a beast. Anywhere from 12-15 hours of battery life, depending on the bitrate. Earlier today I busted it out and charged it - still works!

XlWQ3Y5.png

#106007 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2921 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:39 AM

One plus two, plus one, plus two...

For the youngsters in the crowd.

#106008 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:53 AM

My Sansa Clip's battery died around the same time everyone stopped making good MP3 players and they started going for $80 on eBay.

#106009 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20837 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:06 AM

I also had a Toshiba Gigabeat which was pretty neat.  After a while I got tired of the stock software and loaded Rockbox on it and it was pretty good.  Still have it somewhere but I'm sure the battery is not very good after all this time.  

#106010 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:13 AM

Just realized I have a card from Celeste worth $5. I'm rich, bitch!

#106011 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14406 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:15 AM

I had the Creative Zen Stone and some of those neodymium Beats ear buds, which was absolutely perfect for working out in my younger years. Y'all look like you walked around with your "portable" ENIAC players listening for German spy messages.

#106012 Lord Hamm   Give me a Dollar! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Lord Hamm

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:25 AM

Jesus, you guys talking about MP3 players like its ancient technology makes me feel like Methuselah

#106013 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:28 AM

Jesus, you guys talking about MP3 players like its ancient technology makes me feel like Methuselah

Mesothelioma?

#106014 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2880 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:35 AM

SeasonalCAG Ultimate Multi-Pass Quote Replier:

I'm still using a 120 gig (I think.. maybe 160?  I dunno) iPod classic.  I need to find a solution that will allow me to play both FLAC and MP3 files.   I'd like the ability to play lossless and I figure my iPod is going to croak out on me one of these days anyway, that thing has had some serious use.  Surprised it is still going, tbh.  Looked a little but I just see a lot of cheap stuff that looks awful and $$$ stuff with super mixed reviews.  And my smartphone is too big/bulky to even consider as an option.

Guess I need to start checking on Massdrop and see if any of the stuff that pops up there seems good.  My music collection is rather ridiculous despite me only vaguely paying attention for years now and lack of storage and irritations with itunes is part of why I haven't been more active in seeking out new stuff.

Here are some DAPs to get you started just know you will go down a rabbit hole: Shanling M0, HiBy R3 and FiiO M7.

giphy.gif

riP! you get a like for that gif.

Rockbox FTW.  I had an old IPod that I got Rockbox loaded on and loved it.  Played anything you could throw at it.

I'm really not much of a mobile listener, so I ended up putting the thing on ebay - (also had an upgraded 240 GB Hard drive).  But I would love a DAP with 1TB+ of storage, bluetooth, no mechanical hard drive and Rockbox compatible.  Or at least plays gapless FLAC/MP3.

What are the specs on that Sony?

NW-A45 comes with 16GB but can take a 2TB MicroSD, Bluetooth, DAC, Touch Screen and Battery life 45 hours probably more I'm missing still learning.

WEPVAnM.gif

You're right my bad.

Man, the Sansa Clip+ was such a terrific budget MP3 player. Still use one when running or doing yard work. Excellent battery life. I'll be disappointed whenever it bites the dust because it's been so reliable for so many years.

Yeah after discovering Rockbox for it years ago it still is a beast and lost mine awhile ago so had to steal my wifey that she hadn't used in years.

#106015 Lord Hamm   Give me a Dollar! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Lord Hamm

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:45 AM

Mesothelioma?

Im always down for three ways

SnM7PiZ.jpg

#106016 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14406 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Im always down for three ways

EiFqjSE.jpg?1

ftfy

#106017 mkaliaz   Scurvy Dog CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

Cleaning out my misc humble bundle keys.  Listed below. 

There are a few games in the first couple listings but the rest of it is random garbage.  Much of the garbage doesn't redeem on Steam, but i've listed as much as i can find about what it is.  

Sniper Elite V2 STEAM - G3K7Z-ZZ6RM-NFXQA

Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key -TYBTW-JI2YZ-GTTQL

Other Garbage:

Broken Age OUYA -EWKWVGK5DG

Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle Desura Key - HIB4A-B74Q9-RQY49-Q2RH2-YKT9A

Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key - HI4R-8FRH-X7J5-K

Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key - D628-CH8X-6W82-V

Total War Battles: KINGDOM – Exclusive Humble Banner Heraldry and Total War Battles: KINGDOM 1000 in-game gold ($10 value) - J9TPMBCUMR

The Elder Scrolls: Legends: 2 Card Packs (Skyrim) 1 Event Ticket 100 Gold 100 Souls BETHESDA KEY - 4U9H-A8FE-B2EU-K9EE-K77R

ESO Vanity pet: Bristlegut Piglet and 15 days of ESO Plus BAM Key - FE5FDKHL6ANRF5NTGL4T

Destiny 2 Planet of Peace Exclusive Emblem - GCK-YFF-KCR

NEVERWINTER BONUS CONTENT - GCK-YFF-KCR

#106018 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

Cleaning out my misc humble bundle keys. Listed below.

There are a few games in the first couple listings but the rest of it is random garbage. Much of the garbage doesn't redeem on Steam, but i've listed as much as i can find about what it is.

Sniper Elite V2 STEAM - G3K7Z-ZZ6RM-NFXQA

Thanks took sniper elite v2 much appreciated. :)

#106019 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3170 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

Cleaning out my misc humble bundle keys.  Listed below. 

ESO Vanity pet: Bristlegut Piglet and 15 days of ESO Plus BAM Key - FE5FDKHL6ANRF5NTGL4T

Thanks man, trying ESO out again.

#106020 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1713 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:11 PM

Destiny 2 Planet of Peace Exclusive Emblem - GCK-YFF-KCR

thanks!