* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#106861 Rusty Dakota   Lead singer. Driver of the Winnebago. CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Rusty Dakota

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

I used to see their ads in the computer magazines back in the day...

They had the ads with the young blonde woman in a sweater, right? She must be 70 now.

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

#106862 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20721 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

Have I got some hot juicy PC gaming rumors for you.  Sources close to me tell me that the Division 2 will be exclusive to Uplay and...wait for it... THE EPIC GAME STORE!  I am not kidding you!  This makes Ubisoft the most high profile dev to ditch Steam in favor of the new store from Fortnite sensation devs Epic Games!  Things are getting hot and heated in this war.  No word from Steam yet, but one has to wonder what, if anything, they will do to counter this bold move!

#106863 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5420 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

Fuck this shit.

https://www.pcgamer....tore-not-steam/

#106864 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10858 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Heh, they have a bunch of TV ads and everything.  Shows how much TV I watch

#106865 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20721 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

Have I got some great deals for you guys!  Available exclusively through this link only, Logitech in conjunction with Flash and with Newegg is offering the limited edition Mass Effect Andromeda G810 Mechanical Keyboard for only $70.99!

https://flash.newegg...N82E16823126513

That's a steal of a deal for this amazing keyboard from what some would say is the best Mass Effect game yet!  This keyboard is a 1:1 replica of the official gaming keyboard used by the gamers on the ships in the galaxies in the game!  Only while supplies last!

#106866 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10858 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

Provided the AMD promo copies of Division2 are on Uplay, I don't care what other store gets the "exclusive" pass-through.

#106867 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20721 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

Seems like some people are taking this Division 2 news pretty harshly so I'll bring some levity to the situation by reminding you things could be worse:

#106868 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1746 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

The doctor said the pain that drove me to the ER was actually spasms as the stone was right at the connection between the tube and the bladder.  They gave me all sorts of pain meds but when I got home and filled the prescription for FloMax that helped 1000% -- apparently because it combats spasms.  Wish they would have just given me that first prior to the two IV opiates!  I seem to be fine now so maybe I passed it already.

(You know you're getting old when a doctor prescribes you FloMax)

Mooby, I knew you were hard to please, and preferential to old school things, but down on the IV opiates?  Would you have preferred a dose of Laudanum?  Maybe a nice glass of Absinthe? 

#106869 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4757 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Have I got some great deals for you guys!  Available exclusively through this link only, Logitech in conjunction with Flash and with Newegg is offering the limited edition Mass Effect Andromeda G810 Mechanical Keyboard for only $70.99!

https://flash.newegg...N82E16823126513

That's a steal of a deal for this amazing keyboard from what some would say is the best Mass Effect game yet!  This keyboard is a 1:1 replica of the official gaming keyboard used by the gamers on the ships in the galaxies in the game!  Only while supplies last!

M9VKKGa.gif

#106870 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5445 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

Seems like some people are taking this Division 2 news pretty harshly so I'll bring some levity to the situation by reminding you things could be worse:

Added to my watch later list.

Mooby, I knew you were hard to please, and preferential to old school things, but down on the IV opiates?  Would you have preferred a dose of Laudanum?  Maybe a nice glass of Absinthe? 

Ether's the only way to go. If it's good enough for Michael Caine in The Cider House Rules, it's good enough for me. 

Picked up Tekken 7 during the IG-hurry-the-hell-up-crack-sale yesterday. Took all night to download thanks to weird issues I'm having with my internet (Kbps speeds in the back of my house, 50 Mbps in the front). The story in that game looks like it's even weirder than in Dead or Alive 5.  The levels of customization available definitely put Injustice 2 and MK X to shame, but it looks like it's loaded with paid DLC for this purpose (like DoA). 

I'm also playing Injustice 2 on XBONE now, because I apparently have a problem. It is weird going from having a bunch of characters at or close to level 20 and a few at 30, to not having any at level 10 and from having so many motherboxes that it would take me 3 hours straight of just clicking a button to open all of them to having less than five. 

(*sits back and waits for the inevitable "motherbox" cracks to pour in*)

Edited by warreni, 09 January 2019 - 06:51 PM.

#106871 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10858 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

I like my home internet like I like my drug mules: mega up front and kilos in the back

#106872 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2884 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

I used to see their ads in the computer magazines back in the day... back when people used to read magazines.  I haven't heard much from them lately but since they're more business oriented, I guess that makes sense.

It seems that they're based in the Chicago area so I might be more familiar with them from that as well.  Probably seen their ads in the local papers and stuff.  Anyway, they're not some shady weird pop-up "deals" website.

They run radio ads here in the D.C. area. Of course they are mainly targeted at "IT Professionals" (which we have a startling amount of, particularly in NoVA). I never knew they sold consumer grade products.

#106873 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Provided the AMD promo copies of Division2 are on Uplay, I don't care what other store gets the "exclusive" pass-through.

Its rather baffling that ubisoft would go "exclusive" with epic when it all has to run thru uplay anyway. Somehow I don't see Epic offering any deals that the key sites won't be beating already. Even Uplay is better than the epic store's barebones setup.

#106874 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1233 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:53 PM

Maybe doing a digital rendering of the cute girl at the coffee shop and desperately hoping she notices and falls in love with your artistic soul is the new sketching the girl in your notepad.

"scan me like one of your french girls"

#106875 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

Are kidney stones the ones you piss out or are those gallstones?  One time in elementary school our PE teacher, Mr. Sawyer, came in looking like hell, and he went on to tell us how he had passed a stone through his penis that morning.  Obviously, he wasn't fit to be around children.  One time he got mad at us and tried to throw a dodgeball into the wall but missed completely and hit one of our classmates in the face and made her cry.  It was pretty bad.  But this was the 90s so teachers could get away with that.  He was eventually fired and I saw him like a month later pounding on the door after school. I think he was trying to get his last check or something .

#106876 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1578 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

I actually want this and have been eyeing it for a while.  Link.. does not work.

#106877 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20721 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

I actually want this and have been eyeing it for a while.  Link.. does not work.

Search Flash.newegg.com 

CAG always trashes Newegg links. 

#106878 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1578 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

Search Flash.newegg.com 

CAG always trashes Newegg links. 

Found it, thanks.  I like romer g switches pretty well and even though A wasn't the best game I still like the scheme of this chunk of plastic.

That said, it looks like they still have 99+ of these so I'll wait a bit.

#106879 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1746 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:02 PM

AMD Radeon VII announced - ~30% faster than Vega 64.  Coming February for $699.00

Definitely not at $250.  I know I shouldn't get too excited about this.  It's a step up, but even though 7nm process,  more or less equivalent power draw to Vega 64.  But many VRAMz.

#106880 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

That's a steal of a deal for this amazing keyboard from what some would say is the best Mass Effect game yet! 

giphy.gif

#106881 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10501 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:52 PM

So the Radeon VII is the only new GPU announced by AMD?  Guess I'm not going to be regretting my $190 Radeon 580.  Maybe two Black Fridays from now I'll consider splurging on a decent card.

#106882 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

So for $700 I can buy the Radeon VII and get performance comparable to that of a GTX 1080 Ti, a card that came out two years ago with an MSRP of... $700.

#106883 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:28 AM

So for $700 I can buy the Radeon VII and get performance comparable to that of a GTX 1080 Ti, a card that came out two years ago with an MSRP of... $700.

But...there's 16 GB of damn VRAM there w/ the Rad VII...

#106884 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10501 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:44 AM

I guess those leaked AMD cards were just made up?  Can't believe this is all AMD is going to do here... or maybe they just want to focus on taking on Intel.

#106885 zippybox   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

Icewind Dale + Planescape Torment Pack $4.99

Worth it for Planescape Torment alone.  Both are enhanced edition.

https://www.fanatica...pe-torment-pack

#106886 Jerzeeloon  

Jerzeeloon

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:19 AM

Yeah I really thought the rumors were going to be true and AMD would launch a gtx 1080 performance range card for sub $300 and finally get a footing in the market. Nope good old amd always finding ways to make hard to justify buying from them. Vega series all they had to do was beat Nvidia in the price game not top there performance yet somebody thought it would be a good idea to use scarce and expensive hbm offering less memory and performance for comparable prices. They're lucky they're compute superiority was able to capitalize on the the crypto currency craze but still probably shot themselves in the foot with supply limitations. Intel will be no different they will both play second fiddle to Nvidia. With as long as Nvidia has held more then 70% of the descrete market and there now further reach into other markets they'll be hard to topple unless they willingly shift focus on other markets. The rtx was a debacle imo can't justify the price for a feature that when enabled effectively gives you less performance then the previous cheaper generation. The eyecandy isn't worth the performance hit or price. But with Nvidia holds back and gives you just that little extra performance over the competitors best so they can dictate prices cause people will pay to say they have the most powerful card. But they can at any time put out something better then competition regardless what Intel brings to the table and AMD is almost anemic at this point and might as well enjoy the console market profits cause Nvidia is too far ahead at this point

#106887 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10858 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:24 AM

But...there's 16 GB of damn VRAM there w/ the Rad VII...

So they spent a couple years inventing the 1080ti with 4GB extra memory?

It's also at the same general price point and performance as the 2080 but without the ray tracing or DLSS. I mean, sure, more memory but it's performing the same. It's hard to see how it's supposed to compete in that same space. And that's considering the 2080 to be overpriced, in my opinion.

#106888 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4435 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:46 AM

Yeah I really thought the rumors were going to be true and AMD would launch a gtx 1080 performance range card for sub $300 and finally get a footing in the market. Nope good old amd always finding ways to make hard to justify buying from them. Vega series all they had to do was beat Nvidia in the price game not top there performance yet somebody thought it would be a good idea to use scarce and expensive hbm offering less memory and performance for comparable prices. They're lucky they're compute superiority was able to capitalize on the the crypto currency craze but still probably shot themselves in the foot with supply limitations. Intel will be no different they will both play second fiddle to Nvidia. With as long as Nvidia has held more then 70% of the descrete market and there now further reach into other markets they'll be hard to topple unless they willingly shift focus on other markets. The rtx was a debacle imo can't justify the price for a feature that when enabled effectively gives you less performance then the previous cheaper generation. The eyecandy isn't worth the performance hit or price. But with Nvidia holds back and gives you just that little extra performance over the competitors best so they can dictate prices cause people will pay to say they have the most powerful card. But they can at any time put out something better then competition regardless what Intel brings to the table and AMD is almost anemic at this point and might as well enjoy the console market profits cause Nvidia is too far ahead at this point

giphy.gif

#106889 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:23 AM

Icewind Dale + Planescape Torment Pack $4.99

Worth it for Planescape Torment alone.  Both are enhanced edition.

https://www.fanatica...pe-torment-pack

Great deal. I wasn't a huge fan of IWD, but Planescape is easily worth 5 bucks so getting IWD is a nice bonus

#106890 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8555 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

Click pic for video.

nCfx8kW.jpg