* * * * * 80 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#106981 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3467 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:07 AM

Capicola is the best pizza ingredient that no one ever mentions.

Oh, you mean canadian bacon?

#106982 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:08 AM

I had to go to the bowels of the internet to figure out what that is.  AKA Urban Dictionary.

I'd highly recommend watching.

#106983 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24281 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Epic Game Store is changing its refund policy:

https://www.polygon....policy-steam-pc

To get a refund, you must meet these requirements of Epic's:

- 14 days from or less from the game's first launch date.

- And less than 2 hours played.

Basically, that's Steam's refund policy.

#106984 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3352 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Walked that shit back pretty damn quick

So Epic Game Store is a less featured Steam where dev's get a bigger cut of sales on their unfinished betas?

#106985 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Epic Game Store is changing its refund policy:

https://www.polygon....policy-steam-pc

To get a refund, you must meet these requirements of Epic's:

- 14 days from or less from the game's first launch date.

- And less than 2 hours played.

Basically, that's Steam's refund policy.

Expect no refunds for DLCs and no refunds for microtransactions unlike on Steam.

#106986 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10402 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

I'm more of a prosciutto and soppressata fan. Not for pizza, just in general. And if you're not getting these meats from an authentic Italian deli you're doing yourself a disservice. Like getting a corned beef sandwich with mayo on wheat from Arby's disservice. 

#106987 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

I do not see Epic becoming more customer service friendly.  They are catering to the Devs.  The new change to refunds was expected.  The amount of data from sales mined from Steam gave them valuable information.  It is easier to set up a new(er) service if you learn from observing what has worked and not worked from the competition.  While I can applaud the amount that they are giving Devs to go through Epic platform, I still have not seen how Epic is making their platform better than Steam.  I admit that I will grab whatever free game, but why else even go to Epic?  Even people that got Subnautica on Epic for free are using Steam for support.  Support page on Epic for each game?  haha.  I also am scratching my head about why Ubi decided to having Division 2 on Epic.  Why not just have Division 2 on Uplay only?  Even when buying a newer Ubi game on Steam, you have to log into Uplay.  For Epic; it is the same.  Sorry, but Uplay is better than Epic.  Ubi could keep the "cut" that they are giving Epic and have Division 2 be Uplay exclusive.  The only thing I could think of is more volume sales for Fortnight type gamers going on the Epic site.  

#106988 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

I also am scratching my head about why Ubi decided to having Division 2 on Epic.  Why not just have Division 2 on Uplay only?  Even when buying a newer Ubi game on Steam, you have to log into Uplay.  For Epic; it is the same.  Sorry, but Uplay is better than Epic.  Ubi could keep the "cut" that they are giving Epic and have Division 2 be Uplay exclusive.  The only thing I could think of is more volume sales for Fortnight type gamers going on the Epic site.  

Every seller takes 30% or more for physical copies. Expect Humble Store and Epic Games, even if for just giving cd key.

Epic paid for Ubisoft to release it on Epic Store instead of Steam and now Ubisoft can pressure Valve dropping their cut while being paid by Epic to do so. Win-Win.

Uplay version is cheapest, at least in EMEA where you can use 20% coupon on Ubistore, so it's not like anyone buying from Ubistore would switch to Epic Store. And if someone buying from other sites switch, it's still a small win.

#106989 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20647 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

I'm more of a prosciutto and soppressata fan. Not for pizza, just in general. And if you're not getting these meats from an authentic Italian deli you're doing yourself a disservice. Like getting a corned beef sandwich with mayo on wheat from Arby's disservice. 

Arby's makes good meats.  Stop being a snob.

#106990 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

Madjoki, I agree that it was a win for Ubi as you detailed; forces Steam to lowering their cut and being paid by Epic.

I was wondering why Ubi has not begun with Uplay only/exclusive, especially considering that EA/Origin has done that.  

GoG is the other player I keep wondering if they will pull the exclusive with Cyberpunk.  I thought the plan with Thronebreaker originally was to be exclusive to GoG and then it appeared on Steam.  Cyberpunk is a big enough title that people are anticipating that I could see it working for GoG if they tried exclusive. (For what it is worth, yes I would rather it be on Steam at this point.)

#106991 Rusty Dakota   Lead singer. Driver of the Winnebago. CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Rusty Dakota

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

You already have this.   PNKRN-AKEEQ-L8RWI

#106992 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10402 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Arby's makes good meats.  Stop being a snob.

They do, I agree. 

But who in there right mind would get corned beef with mayo on wheat? The same person who puts apples on a non-desert pizza, that's who. 

#106993 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5427 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

GoG is the other player I keep wondering if they will pull the exclusive with Cyberpunk.  I thought the plan with Thronebreaker originally was to be exclusive to GoG and then it appeared on Steam.  Cyberpunk is a big enough title that people are anticipating that I could see it working for GoG if they tried exclusive. (For what it is worth, yes I would rather it be on Steam at this point.)

I'm pretty sure that was the plan. It was initially advertised as a GOG-exclusive, so, as I've mentioned before, I was a little miffed when about a month after release, they put it on Steam. My suspicion is that it wasn't getting the sales through GOG alone that they had hoped for. What I think they might start to do with their in-house games is something like a timed-exclusive, the way that Microsoft does with some of its first-party content. I figure they're either going to try that or go back to making their stuff available everywhere all the time.

#106994 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4719 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:13 AM

They do, I agree. 

But who in there right mind would get corned beef with mayo on wheat? The same person who puts apples on a non-desert pizza, that's who. 

Corned beef is perfectly tasty on most any sort of bread and with many different accompanying ingredients. On wheat with mayo would likely be delicious.

That said, why? There's a better way.

(And if for some reason I decided to have a corned beef sandwich using a nice wheat bread and for some reason also wanted to skip mustard, I'd likely go with a nice salted butter over mayo.)

#106995 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2932 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:20 AM

Steam now has 30,000 games

The total does not include DLC or software.

Quietly, softly, some time in the past few weeks, Steam has reached a grand total of over 30,000 games. That sum is just games, mind you, and doesn’t include software, DLC, or videos (That total is about 21,000 more things.) That’s one game for every inhabitant of Kent, Ohio; Hatfield, Hertfordshire; or Dubbo, New South Wales. It’s not an immediately relevant milestone, but it is noteworthy just how much of that total came from releases in the last year or two. According to Steamspy about 9,300 games released in 2018, while about 6,700 released in 2017. That means that over half, roughly 53% of the games on Steam, came out in the two years since the advent of Steam Direct.

BK4x2nv.gif

I'd assume that opening the floodgates was an overall net positive for Valve's bottom line, but I wonder how many of those 16,000 games released in 2017 and 2018 are hentai puzzles.

#106996 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4719 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:13 AM

I'd assume that opening the floodgates was an overall net positive for Valve's bottom line...

I really doubt it. I'd guess a smaller and more exclusive store would result in as much or more money for Valve.

#106997 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10402 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:32 PM

Corned beef is perfectly tasty on most any sort of bread and with many different accompanying ingredients. On wheat with mayo would likely be delicious.

That said, why? There's a better way.

(And if for some reason I decided to have a corned beef sandwich using a nice wheat bread and for some reason also wanted to skip mustard, I'd likely go with a nice salted butter over mayo.)

Corned beef with mustard on rye is the correct way to eat a corned beef sandwich. 

A Reuben would also be accepted. 

Not saying other ways are wrong per se, but I will put my hands over my ears while screaming "lalalalalalalalalalala, I can't hear you" at all other choices.

#106998 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Madjoki, I agree that it was a win for Ubi as you detailed; forces Steam to lowering their cut and being paid by Epic.

I was wondering why Ubi has not begun with Uplay only/exclusive, especially considering that EA/Origin has done that.  

Well, they said Cyberpunk 2077 would release on Steam because "they're doing it for gamers" or something like that rather than forcing GoG.

And Ubisoft actually has couple of uPlay exclusives, like Ode & The Settlers History Collection (dunno if more). Old versions of The Settlers are on GoG tho.

#106999 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4719 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

Corned beef with mustard on rye is the correct way to eat a corned beef sandwich. 

A Reuben would also be accepted. 

I'd swap the order of the two options, but yes, I basically agree with you.

I'm just saying that corned beef is awesome. It would work on lots of other sandwiches. I'm not going to eat those sandwiches, but I'm sure they'd be tasty.

#107000 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Steam is now meteorite proof according to Valve:

We continued to work on our disaster recovery plan so Steam doesn't go under if our main data center is hit by a meteorite.

Also stop idling cards pls:

We deployed new SQL Servers, now with 2.7 petabytes of FAST solid state storage, to keep up with the 1.7 billion trading cards granted, the 488 million trades completed, the 245 million emoticons crafted, and the 218 million screenshots posted in the last year

#107001 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10825 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

and the 218 million screenshots posted in the last year

God damn it, MysterD...

#107002 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4403 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:47 PM

God damn it, MysterD...

It's not completely his fault, he only posted 217.5 million of those personally!

#107003 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

It's not completely his fault, he only posted 217.5 million of those personally!

come back to discord rcsample.  Spoder is a frump. we need moar smarm.

#107004 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4174 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

I'd swap the order of the two options, but yes, I basically agree with you.

I'm just saying that corned beef is awesome. It would work on lots of other sandwiches. I'm not going to eat those sandwiches, but I'm sure they'd be tasty.

Honestly, I feel like if your sandwich needs anything more than meat, bread, and maybe cheese, you probably shouldn’t be eating those ingredients as a sandwich.

I’ll make an allowance for bologna, as that really needs mustard and bread to be any good.

#107005 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

Nothing better than a nice dry sammich.

#107006 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6113 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:58 AM

Get that nice, gummy bread stuck to your mouth. Yum.

#107007 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20647 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:01 AM

Nothing better than a plain bologna and bread sandwich.  If anything that's the only one that you can eat plain. 

#107008 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4719 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:33 AM

God damn it, MysterD...

I have to think I'm responsible for quite a few these days, what with all the pinball score screenshots.

Honestly, I feel like if your sandwich needs anything more than meat, bread, and maybe cheese, you probably shouldn’t be eating those ingredients as a sandwich.

I’ll make an allowance for bologna, as that really needs mustard and bread to be any good.

Simple sandwiches can be great, but so can complex sandwiches. Also, most would call a BLT awfully simple, and it has six ingredients.

#107009 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4174 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

Nothing better than a nice dry sammich.

If your sandwich is dry, you need better meat.

Get that nice, gummy bread stuck to your mouth. Yum.

If your bread is gummy, you need better bread.

#107010 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:35 AM

Steam now has 30,000 games

I'd assume that opening the floodgates was an overall net positive for Valve's bottom line, but I wonder how many of those 16,000 games released in 2017 and 2018 are hentai puzzles.

I have 5% of Steam in my backlog.