* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#107101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

Go Patriots!

p1GhDY0.gif

#107102 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10501 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

Nothing wrong with the OT rules in playoff football... Regular season I feel one could argue otherwise but we had a chances... and just didn't get it done. (Typical Chiefs we beat ourselves.)

Every team has to overcome poor refereeing so I'm not buying that the refs cost them the game. If they had preformed better on 5-10 plays before that play they wouldn't have even needed points... and after that play if Brees hadn't panic in OT and thrown it up for grabs they could have won too.

Although I agree the Saints played a pretty inconsistent game, had that penalty been called there's a 90% chance they would have won the game outright just by running time off the clock (or they would have gone ahead by a touchdown).  And I think the issue is moreso that it was a blatantly obvious PI to the point where the Rams cornerback even said so himself.

#107103 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5420 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

Although I agree the Saints played a pretty inconsistent game, had that penalty been called there's a 90% chance they would have won the game outright just by running time off the clock (or they would have gone ahead by a touchdown). 

Likely more then 90 percent. The loss is still on them as they wasted chances to win. Brady never let the Chiefs have the ball in OT. Brees had the same chance but fucked it up.

#107104 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

Anyhow back to normal postseason behavior. Go Patriots!

giphy.gif

#107105 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8457 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Nothing wrong with the OT rules in playoff football... Regular season I feel one could argue otherwise but we had a chances... and just didn't get it done. (Typical Chiefs we beat ourselves.)

Every team has to overcome poor refereeing so I'm not buying that the refs cost them the game. If they had preformed better on 5-10 plays before that play they wouldn't have even needed points... and after that play if Brees hadn't panic in OT and thrown it up for grabs they could have won too.

Anyhow back to normal postseason behavior. Go Patriots!

Not buying they lost because of the ref call?

That was probably the most blatant Fuck up on refs this year and we need to hold them to a higher standard than people do since they make 100's of thousands a year...

It's their damn job.

But alas, football is joke nowadays anyways.

#107106 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5420 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

That was probably the most blatant Fuck up on refs this year and we need to hold them to a higher standard than people do since they make 100's of thousands a year...

It's their damn job.

They should all be reviewed... Those that seriously fucked it up should be fired.

As for not buying it... No, not really. I'm not blaming the refs for the Chiefs losing though they got fucked over on a roughing the QB call on a incomplete 3rd down that gave New England life on their last drive in regulation.

You have to overcome adversity to win. The refs are adversity.

Amen on football being a joke.

#107107 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20721 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

I'm still looking for Madden bros if anyone has it.

#107108 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10501 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

Likely more then 90 percent. The loss is still on them as they wasted chances to win. Brady never let the Chiefs have the ball in OT. Brees had the same chance but fucked it up.

I agree with that, too. Payton should have run the ball before the PI which would have run the majority (although not all) the time off of the clock. The Saints were fortunate enough to win the toss for OT and could have won right there with a touchdown but their interior offensive line failed and Brees threw an extremely ill advised pass off of his back foot that got intercepted.  They had chances... but still... that no call was so egregiously bad its a black mark on the league.

#107109 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Somebody go buy a "deluxe" mystery game from Fanatical.

#107110 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

The list according to Reddit so far
* Beholder 2 (a lot)
* Dirt Rally
* Candle
* Mafia III
* Witch It
* Injustice 2
* House Party

#107111 Baltore  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

They should all be reviewed... Those that seriously fucked it up should be fired.

As for not buying it... No, not really. I'm not blaming the refs for the Chiefs losing though they got fucked over on a roughing the QB call on a incomplete 3rd down that gave New England life on their last drive in regulation.

You have to overcome adversity to win. The refs are adversity.

Amen on football being a joke.

Chiefs made more mistakes, but were the better team. Patriots were much better coached though.

The Chiefs left 2 mins on the clock for Brady when they scored so quickly. That's a mistake they should have learned from during their first meeting earlier in the year. The big mistake was Dee Ford lining up offside during the interception that probably would have ended the game and sent the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

I've been on the Fire Bob Sutton train for years. The defense has declined under him every year and this year was the worst. He can't make adjustments, his defense is poorly coached and looks confused most of the time. The winning drive in OT that the Patriots had was proof of that. Instead of doubling Edelman and Gronk, he plays his passive defense and allows them to run slants for first downs. Tony Romo up in the booth knew exactly what the Patriots were going to do, but Sutton couldn't figure that out or make adjustments to stop it.

#107112 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Yakuza Kiwami coming to Steam February 19th. Perfect timing after I just put 80 hours into Y0.

#107113 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Somebody go buy a "deluxe" mystery game from Fanatical.

The list according to Reddit so far
* Beholder 2 (a lot)
* Dirt Rally
* Candle
* Mafia III
* Witch It
* Injustice 2
* House Party

I can never believe in the authenticity of mystery bundles anymore until Fox buys half a dozen and reports back.

#107114 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10501 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

Playing Mafia 3 a bit. Good setting but the actual missions are kind of bland. Maybe I'm just tired of GTA-clones but 2K seems particularly bad at them.

#107115 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4757 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Not buying they lost because of the ref call?

In real time it looked like the defender may have gotten there a touch early, or perhaps right on time. After seeing the slow motion It should have been called a penalty, but it was nowhere close to the most blatant error this year. There were errors earlier in that very game that may have been as bad.

And in no way did it compare to 2010 when the Saints needed a parade of "errors" to barely manage to beat the Vikings. The North remembers.

#107116 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20721 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

Hey, the bros got:

Link - Mafia III

Fox - Dirt Rally

#107117 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:37 PM

Here's my review of NFL

You don't have referees in Rocket League, ergo eSports is better and the better player always win.

#107118 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:38 PM

Playing Mafia 3 a bit. Good setting but the actual missions are kind of bland. Maybe I'm just tired of GTA-clones but 2K seems particularly bad at them.

Storytelling, narrative, voice-acting, and presentation is fantastic.

It's a damn shame the game-world is littered w/ UbiSoft side-quest type of grinding w/ repetitive side-missions, conquer-a-thons, collect-a-thons & destroy-a-thons everywhere. The game could've really benefited with the main quest always being scaled so the player can focus on mostly that stuff.

Also, the game needs more variety on the mission types. Thankfully, Faster Baby DLC w/ vehicular-based missions helps quite a bit, even despite its brevity. I wonder if the rest of the Season Pass helps w/ that - but, I ain't got back to M3 in a while b/c of its repetitive nature.

#107119 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Yakuza Kiwami coming to Steam February 19th. Perfect timing after I just put 80 hours into Y0.

If there's ever a game to be the poster child for how to do open-worlds in this modern era, it has to be Yakuza 0 (Y0).

Y0 has side-quests w/ actual stories, character development, and whatnot everywhere - even if it ain't all voice-acted. This game does a great job w/ all the writing, dialogue, and voice-acting (when it's voice-acted, which is mostly in the main quest).

Y0 also really utilizes its small spaces and areas very well. Detailed areas everywhere, with places to go & do things in. It feels like almost around every corner, there's a building, shop, restaurant, arcade, or something that I can walk in...and go do stuff. Y0 is a nice change from the usual assortment of UbiSoft style side-quests w/ collect-a-thons, conquer-a-thons, destroy-a-thons that are everywhere. Each area feels like a neighrborhood I get to know well and get completely immersed in.

If that isn't enough w/ the side quests and all, then there's also Y0's mini-games. You got darts, pool, old-school Sega Classics in arcades, bowling, poker tables, blackjack tables, roulette tables, mahjong tables, kareoke rhythm games, dancing mini-games, and who knows what else that I haven't got to...yet.

Y0 is great so far, some 14 hours in or so...

#107120 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:10 AM

If that isn't enough w/ the side quests and all, then there's also Y0's mini-games. You got darts, pool, old-school Sega Classics in arcades, bowling, poker tables, blackjack tables, roulette tables, mahjong tables, kareoke rhythm games, dancing mini-games, and who knows what else that I haven't got to...yet.

Y0 is great so far, some 14 hours in or so...

You probably haven't reached Chapter 7 yet, but once you do, it opens up the most addictive side activity in the entire game.

Unfortunately Kiwami doesn't appear to be nearly as dense with side activities as Y0 (and is overall one of the weaker games in the series, which I guess can be expected since it's a remaster of a PS2-era game), but I'm still excited to jump back into that world and will probably get it Day 1.

#107121 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24374 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

Here's my review of NFL

You don't have referees in Rocket League, ergo eSports is better and the better player always win.

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-sta

#107122 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:32 AM

Is that the one with the fudge and the giant leaf blower?

No, its the one with the beer bottles vs beer bottles.

#107123 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:44 AM

Good news everybody. The Patriots are back in the Super Bowl again.

finally, they haven't gotten to the super bowl in a whole year, good to see they finally ended the drought

#107124 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3146 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:55 AM

finally, they haven't gotten to the super bowl in a whole year, good to see they finally ended the drought

I feel like Patriots Super Bowl is something like the College Championship without Bama or Clemson.  :P

In all seriousness, that ref call was seriously bad.  Like really really bad.

#107125 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:35 AM

Brand new game is free on Twitch prime the next 2 days: https://www.metacrit...switch/pikuniku

• hal likes this

#107126 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:59 AM

People love to hate the patriots being in the Superbowl, but I think every single Superbowl they've been in the games have been really exciting and come down to the wire.

#107127 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:09 AM

People love to hate the patriots being in the Superbowl, but I think every single Superbowl they've been in the games have been really exciting and come down to the wire.

the games can be the most exciting games in the world, i'm just sick of tom brady/belichick/the patriots. i'd rather there have been a blowout snoozer between the chiefs/rams than an overtime thriller involving the patriots

#107128 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

RE2 looking good... Real good.

https://opencritic.c...resident-evil-2

Still redeeming codes.

#107129 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

Yakuza Kiwami February 19th. $19.99 before 10% discount.

https://store.steamp.../Yakuza_Kiwami/

#107130 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

Yakuza Kiwami February 19th. $19.99 before 10% discount.

https://store.steamp.../Yakuza_Kiwami/

And for those it may concern it appears they pulled Denuvo from the game:

https://steamdb.info...ngeid=U:9928093

I was still going to buy it anyways, but just throwing this out there for those who avoid games with Denuvo in it.