* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#107701 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20724 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

We shouldn't be so hard on the @hackedbros. I do that "Sign In Through Steam" junk so much now I don't even think about it anymore, though I should. This was a pretty clever ruse, after so many random mystery game sales, a free one doesn't sound far fetched. If it wasn't for the fact I stopped caring about the +1 and I do all my game related communicating through Discord I might have been duped myself.

#107702 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4761 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:57 AM

We shouldn't be so hard on the @hackedbros. I do that "Sign In Through Steam" junk so much now I don't even think about it anymore, though I should. This was a pretty clever ruse, after so many random mystery game sales, a free one doesn't sound far fetched. If it wasn't for the fact I stopped caring about the +1 and I do all my game related communicating through Discord I might have been duped myself.

Someone dropping an obvious referral link through Steam chat was a bit farfetched. Most of the people on my Steam friends list aren't crappy like that.

#107703 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

The authenticator API is?

Scroll down to "Steam OpenID provider" https://steamcommunity.com/dev

#107704 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

I can agree with this...  Truth be told I'm a bit surprised that logging into a website can bypass 2 part authentication.  Lucky for me when I see "free games" I just assume its going to be such trash that I can be my extremely lazy self and just ignore it.

I did not pass up the Steam sale...  Truth be told I had a a number of choices in how I got my 30 spent.  Witcher 3 GoTY with its new sale price was a given, but I debated a few other things (including For Honor DLC, Assassin Creed season pass for Syndicate, or the bundle of cheap Assassin Creed games that I knew I had one of but the bundle of three was cheaper, or nearly cheaper, than just getting the two I needed, also debated some DLC for a hunting game that fascinates me but I never break out in play...)  Finally, I settled on the latest all of Steep bundle.  (I've enjoyed it so far but will likely back burner it as a play Spider-Man.

All in all, I like how this sale was handled and hope we see more voucher sales in the future...  Or even Steam competing with websites on preorder prices.

The Division 2 Beta; I liked the majority of what I saw.  The Outcast group is unnerving.  I know we didn't see the whole area but these guys just seem to spawn and attack you at random.  Me and one buddy were in the DZ late last night and had it all to ourselves and we had just cleared a landmark and where looking at our loot.  (If you didn't play the beta most loot in the DZ isn't contaminated and doesn't need to be extracted.)  Anyhow, all of a sudden a few guys are buy my friend and say, "Hi Agent!" and my friend goes down!  (I honestly thought it was other players for like ten seconds or so before I realized it was just NPC.)  Just so crazy... 

The End Game mission they gave us a chance to play I thought it was pretty good.  I tried it by myself and got beat down pretty quickly but a second attempt with weapons I liked better and a teammate made it better.  I sort of worry about solo play with the less ways to heal myself but I saw an gear manufacture set that restored armor on kill so it might be the ticket.  I think the "Health on kill" days are a thing of the past.  Its all about keeping armor up. 

Anyhow, really excited for the release of the game.  I still feel the game solves more issues from Div 1 than it create. 

#107705 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

I bought 2x copies of Portal Knights from the Steam sale.  My child is at that age now and on one hand it is nice that I can co-op, on the other, now I have to play these types of games.

#107706 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20724 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

I bought 2x copies of Portal Knights from the Steam sale.  My child is at that age now and on one hand it is nice that I can co-op, on the other, now I have to play these types of games.

Could be worse:

#107707 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10861 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

I sort of worry about solo play with the less ways to heal myself but I saw an gear manufacture set that restored armor on kill so it might be the ticket.  I think the "Health on kill" days are a thing of the past.  Its all about keeping armor up. 

Anyhow, really excited for the release of the game.  I still feel the game solves more issues from Div 1 than it create. 

Yeah, I didn't have a ton of trouble soloing until level 7 but I didn't have a chance to check out the end game content.  Not a huge fan of the "healing" but I'm getting by.  I'll be the first to admit that the 4,700sq ft Glorious Green Circle of Healing And Status Immunity was cheese but there's got to be a point between that and Derpy Single Target Armor Drone.  I suppose this might give Support style players more to do, with "more" being "Micromanage your drone" versus "Shoot your ineffective gun with 2,900 Firearms skill" or "Fire flashbangs every three seconds".  I'll refrain from forming a real opinion until I'm there, though since I don't actually know what endgame healing/support looks like.

#107708 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, I didn't have a ton of trouble soloing until level 7 but I didn't have a chance to check out the end game content.  Not a huge fan of the "healing" but I'm getting by.  I'll be the first to admit that the 4,700sq ft Glorious Green Circle of Healing And Status Immunity was cheese but there's got to be a point between that and Derpy Single Target Armor Drone.  I suppose this might give Support style players more to do, with "more" being "Micromanage your drone" versus "Shoot your ineffective gun with 2,900 Firearms skill" or "Fire flashbangs every three seconds".  I'll refrain from forming a real opinion until I'm there, though since I don't actually know what endgame healing/support looks like.

We really don't know... Even at end game so many skills were locked out and the agents really weren't built well... and gearing them up would have been rough considering the limited space they let you roam.

In general getting surprised in Div 2 is far more dangerous and I think most people will get downed more cause of it... but I'm not sure that's really a bad think.

#107709 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4761 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

Scroll down to "Steam OpenID provider" https://steamcommunity.com/dev

I don't see where that allows any third party to incorporate steam's mobile authenticator on their own site. All the logging in and authenticating is on Steam's end.

#107710 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20724 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:55 PM

GMG is sending out Far Cry New Dawn for anyone who pre-ordered.  Preload may even be available on Uplay.  getdatpreorderunicorntrike.ru/spinitdaddy

unicorn-trike.jpg

#107711 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10419 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

Can anyone help a poor soul (me) activate an AMD pick 2 code? 

tenor.gif

#107712 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20724 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

Can anyone help a poor soul (me) activate an AMD pick 2 code? 

tenor.gif

You should hit up wavebot. I think my card is on the instaflag list at this point. 

#107713 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1233 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

If you get something from my account ignore it. I fucking clicked the link from Vooyah and got my account hijacked like a moron.

bad pengy! BAD!

i got your spam too

#107714 Pengy99  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

Jeez, they haven't even shut my account down yet? I sent a ticket on it yesterday. I didn't expect them to get back to me quickly but I did kinda think they would shut that down pretty quick.

#107715 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8458 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

Divison 2 = Division 1.5

#107716 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8458 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

Meow

#107717 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

Today I got high for the first time in years and now my account is hacked (thanks Pengy). Don't do drugs, y'all.

Now they're messaging me from your account lol.

#107718 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4761 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

Looks like a bunch of us noticed Keepsake in the sale.

#107719 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1233 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

Today I got high for the first time in years and now my account is hacked (thanks Pengy). Don't do drugs, y'all.

dingus

#107720 GauRocks  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

So with all you people getting hacked, here's a tip that will save you every time.

If you ever get a steam login page asking for your password anywhere, go to store.steampowered.com in the same browser and log in there instead.  If you're already logged in, it's fake.

#107721 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2958 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:36 PM

Haul:

Demon Peak - 90%, $0.49
MegaRace 3 - 84%, $0.49 (in bundle)
Scanner Sombre - 93%, $0.44 (in bundle)
The Fall - 90%, $0.99
The Witcher Adventure Game - 85%, $1.49

Looks like a bunch of us noticed Keepsake in the sale.

Darn, I have that on my wishlist but somehow missed it. The store page still shows 83% off ($0.50) and even has the discount in cart, but at the final checkout page it goes up to $2.99.

Keepsake's price has dropped rapidly in the last year, so I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be removed from the store soon.

#107722 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3147 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:40 PM

I'm amazed by all of these people who should know better.  But.. this is why I trust no one.  

#107723 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

I'm amazed by all of these people who should know better. But.. this is why I trust no one.

conspiracy-quotes-x-Files-Trust-No-One.j

#107724 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7897 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

So with all you people getting hacked, here's a tip that will save you every time.

If you ever get a steam login page asking for your password anywhere, go to store.steampowered.com in the same browser and log in there instead.  If you're already logged in, it's fake.

or just don't click links and then give out account info

#107725 elessar123  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

Same thing with Paypal/Amazon.

#107726 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2879 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

SeasonalCAG Mandatory Coupon User:

Lunar New Year Sale Haul

The Witcher Adventure Game (Lowest price it has been in a long time missed years ago when it was 85%)

Yakuza Kiwami Digital Deluxe Edition (Want them to bring more games like this to pc so bought)

Agents of Mayhem (I know I know)

Lionheart (+1 removed game will never play used to get up to $30)

Nine Parchments (Looked like a nice game in the Trineverse and was cheap in a bundle)

Special Look alright wait until to the end if you have seen this what the Fuck haha:

#107727 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4761 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Not quite. You might also need to check if you're logged in on steamcommunity.com.

or just don't click links and then give out account info

Not quite that simple in that if you aren't logged into the steam store and/or steam community you can possibly need to log in, it's just that any legit use of steam account-based login will send you to steam for anything involving the entry of actual account info.

#107728 spoderman  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

I'm amazed by all of these people who should know better.  But.. this is why I trust no one.  

This is legit why I don't family share with people. If the person you're sharing with gets VAC banned, you'll get VAC banned as well. Who knows what will happen if they get their account hacked

#107729 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4761 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

This is legit why I don't family share with people. If the person you're sharing with gets VAC banned, you'll get VAC banned as well. Who knows what will happen if they get their account hacked

I family share with, well, family. My wife isn't going to get VAC banned. My son has a number of parental restrictions set on his account. But as he gets older and has more access to his account I'm not sure if I'll keep family share active with him. You can try to teach them right from wrong, but one little mistake....

Lionheart (+1 removed game will never play used to get up to $30)

Couldn't pull the trigger on that one. Just didn't seem like it was actually good.

The Fall - 90%, $0.99

Try to play The Fall as soon as you can. That is not a game to backlog and forget about.

#107730 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8458 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

1 VAC ban on record Info

4628 day(s) since last ban