* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#107851 Fatality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

KCJC9qG.png

probably poop anyways

#107852 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

Hollow Knight: Silksong revealed:

Sequel to HK, not just DLC. Free for anyone who backed the original on Kickstarter. No release date yet but that's a Day 1 purchase if there ever was one.

I'm super sad that I cannot seem to gel with Hollow Knight and I have no idea what it is.  I mean, right now it is Celeste because that game is hot shit, but before that, I dunno what it was.

#107853 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:20 PM

Well, at least one of tomorrow's big releases is good.

https://opencritic.c...47/metro-exodus

https://opencritic.c...ar-cry-new-dawn

https://opencritic.c...515/crackdown-3

https://opencritic.c...7160/jump-force

#107854 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20771 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

Metro also got decent scores along with New Dawn so it's two good games tomorrow. 

#107855 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, the Far Cry 5 DLC scored okay too I guess.

#107856 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8582 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:10 PM

KCJC9qG.png

probably poop anyways

I got mine from IG (well... Tremor) and it's still there...  Didn't even know I had it actually. :D

Looks like it was an accident anyways.

https://steamcommuni...40738624917537/

#107857 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10904 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

I'm not getting New Dawn any time soon but the couple reviews I read seemed shocked to find that the $40 half-sequel was, uh, more Far Cry 5.  Like it says on the tin.  I mean, the question seems as simple as "Do you want another 12 hour FC5 campaign?" and if you say "Yes" then this game will do that for you.

#107858 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4805 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:17 PM

I got mine from IG (well... Tremor) and it's still there...  Didn't even know I had it actually. :D

Looks like it was an accident anyways.
https://steamcommuni...40738624917537/

Not revoked here, also from IG.

And I'd be really hesitant to give the developer any benefit of the doubt.

#107859 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1994 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:09 PM

In case anyone wants to give these a try (don't judge :) ) :

Spoiler

#107860 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4276 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:23 PM

Well, at least one of tomorrow's big releases is good.

https://opencritic.c...47/metro-exodus
https://opencritic.c...ar-cry-new-dawn
https://opencritic.c...515/crackdown-3
https://opencritic.c...7160/jump-force

Did you forget to list it?

#107861 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24449 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

Wait. I don't see Cyberpunk 2077 listed there...

#107862 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

I was hoping Jump Force would be good.  At least I did not preorder it.

#107863 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8576 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:25 AM

Hollow Knight: Silksong revealed:

Sequel to HK, not just DLC. Free for anyone who backed the original on Kickstarter. No release date yet but that's a Day 1 purchase if there ever was one.

was pumped to see this, hollow knight was the best game i played last year, and i'm not typically super high on metroidvanias. just a fantastic game. wonder what the price will be since 15 dollars for hollow knight was a complete steal...15 bucks for a top tier game that had like 60 hours of content if you completed the vast majority of stuff in it

#107864 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5478 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:36 AM

I was hoping Jump Force would be good.  At least I did not preorder it.

I had never even heard of it... I've subscribed to the PSN Deal thread which seems to be a catch all for PS4 talk (no pizza talk so it's no must read or anything) and haven't seen anyone mention it either. Seems right out of the blue.

Crackdown I've always thought was a series that would review poorly... but looking back it seems like the first did review well. Anyhow, I'm sure I'll take a look at it when it's on sale as I enjoyed the other two even if others didn't enjoy CD2. I suspect CD1 will still be my favorite.

#107865 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:46 AM

It had some hype when it was announced since it has such a crazy roster and a lot of those characters have few or no decent games.  Most of the discussion about it here might have been in the niche Japanese games thread, I honestly do not remember.  I'm subbed to quite a few threads that I rarely if ever post in, I just remember some excitement when it was announced.  

I wish they had handed it over to Arc System Works.  I'll still buy it when it is sufficiently discounted unless the reviews from fighting game fans end up being really awful. 

#107866 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4276 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:52 AM

Shounen Jump releases a crossover fighting game with its various IPs every few years. In general, they're only ever good for fanservice (though the Nintendo DS game that was never even released outside of Japan several years ago generated a bit of praise). This one had a higher hurdle than most for generating excitement, too, due to its somewhat odd visual choice with that gritty quasi-realism, so that's probably why you haven't heard much about it—it already alienated a sizeable chunk of its potential audience from the get-go based on visuals alone.

#107867 FinderKeeper   Eternal n00b CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

FinderKeeper

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:42 AM

Stopped in to see if any good deals and just have two things to say

SWTOR still sucks!!!!
Prequels are the best of the bunch, Attack of the clones is the best star wars movie ever!!!!

Reported.

#107868 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3150 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

Stopped in to see if any good deals and just have two things to say

SWTOR still sucks!!!!
Prequels are the best of the bunch, Attack of the clones is the best star wars movie ever!!!!

I mean, the first part I agree with.  It took me forever that first day to get on and score the name "Bob" for my Jedi.  It was a bad game.  :(

The second part though....

Spoiler

#107869 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:07 PM

Valkyrie Chronicles 4 is $4.20 on D2D.  I got a huge string of unusable characters as my key, since it is a glitch I will not hold my breath on getting a replacement key rather than a refund but who knows.  Friend who pointed it out to me got a valid key so YMMV.  *shrugs*

#107870 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:16 PM

Valkyrie Chronicles 4 is $4.20 on D2D.  I got a huge string of unusable characters as my key, since it is a glitch I will not hold my breath on getting a replacement key rather than a refund but who knows.  Friend who pointed it out to me got a valid key so YMMV.  *shrugs*

Thanks for sharing.  Also got an invalid code though.

At least d2d got me to log in for the first time since 2014? 

#107871 spoderman  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

When did your friend order?

#107872 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:23 PM

I wonder if they are out of keys now and the system doesn't know what it is doing so we are getting random garbage.  D2D  has always had some issues.  

Edit:  Like ten minutes before me, I ordered right at 8:00 central

#107873 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10904 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

I got a huge string of unusable characters as my key

Maybe it's an Epic key!

#107874 spoderman  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Didn't someone order Wreckfest a while back from D2D and get a dupe key? Did they get a replacement? I think that was a glitch too, can't remember what happened to that person

#107875 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:42 PM

Just found this as well and purchased.  I'm not even seeing an unusable key.  Fingers are crossed though.

Edit - just found the unusable code.  Needless to say, it does not redeem.

#107876 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:43 PM

Didn't someone order Wreckfest a while back from D2D and get a dupe key? Did they get a replacement? I think that was a glitch too, can't remember what happened to that person

Heh, I had forgotten that.  It was actually me.  They sent me a replacement key that time.  

#107877 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

Heh, I had forgotten that.  It was actually me.  They sent me a replacement key that time.  

Should one email immediately that the key received does not work?  Or better to wait?

#107878 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:55 PM

I emailed immediately this time, I think I did last time as well.  But I think most people got good keys last time as well.  

#107879 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5453 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:33 PM

Two questions, one of which is way OT (not that anyone is likely to notice here):

• Did anyone watch the launch trailer for Dead or Alive 6? For some weird reason, and I don't know why I'm surprised after the drunken screenwriters' party that was the story of 5, but it has dinosaurs in it. Looking forward to more zaniness on 3/1.
  • So I thought this was a thing I wasn't supposed to be able to do, hence my confusion earlier this week when I tried to launch a couple of games on my XBONE (disc games) when I had the disc for Fallout 4 sitting in the optical drive, and they actually loaded. (If it matters, it was the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game and Forza Motorsport 5.) Is this something I never knew about Xbones before and everyone else did or is something anomalous going on here? 

#107880 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20771 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

Two questions, one of which is way OT (not that anyone is likely to notice here):

• Did anyone watch the launch trailer for Dead or Alive 6? For some weird reason, and I don't know why I'm surprised after the drunken screenwriters' party that was the story of 5, but it has dinosaurs in it. Looking forward to more zaniness on 3/1.
  • So I thought this was a thing I wasn't supposed to be able to do, hence my confusion earlier this week when I tried to launch a couple of games on my XBONE (disc games) when I had the disc for Fallout 4 sitting in the optical drive, and they actually loaded. (If it matters, it was the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game and Forza Motorsport 5.) Is this something I never knew about Xbones before and everyone else did or is something anomalous going on here? 

https://www.theverge...e-game-installs