* * * * * 82 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#108181 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1332 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

So I went to a pizza buffet the other day and grabbed what I assumed to be some kind of bbq pizza, nope it was chile pizza.  No idea what the sauce was and deceptively hidden under the cheese was a whole bunch of chile beans.  Now I can understand pineapple on a pizza, I can understand lettuce and tortilla chips and w/e else goes on a taco pizza, but chile beans on a pizza?  That is just cruel and unusual, especially when they lure you in with supposed bbq goodness.

#108182 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:11 AM

A UPS is an absolute must here with the constant brownouts, flickering, and outages. Power went out again yesterday evening and there's still no estimate on when it will be back on. I believe this is the 5th outage so far in 2019.

Dear god, do you live in Venezuela? 

#108183 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

So I went to a pizza buffet the other day and grabbed what I assumed to be some kind of bbq pizza, nope it was chile pizza.  No idea what the sauce was and deceptively hidden under the cheese was a whole bunch of chile beans.  Now I can understand pineapple on a pizza, I can understand lettuce and tortilla chips and w/e else goes on a taco pizza, but chile beans on a pizza?  That is just cruel and unusual, especially when they lure you in with supposed bbq goodness.

Jezus, I live in Kansas City and think BBQ sauce on pizza is a horrible idea.

#108184 aspyrbash   Pub Rep Publisher Representitive   66 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

aspyrbash

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Layers of Fear is on sale for $5, with 100% going to Game Changer

I know we've given away Layers in the past, so if you're down to donate to a good cause, hop in!

#108185 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

So I went to a pizza buffet the other day and grabbed what I assumed to be some kind of bbq pizza, nope it was chile pizza. No idea what the sauce was and deceptively hidden under the cheese was a whole bunch of chile beans. Now I can understand pineapple on a pizza, I can understand lettuce and tortilla chips and w/e else goes on a taco pizza, but chile beans on a pizza? That is just cruel and unusual, especially when they lure you in with supposed bbq goodness.

While beans on a pizza sounds like a travesty, it also sounds more like a pizza than something with lettuce and tortilla chips or pineapple.

Also, what kind of beans do they grow in Chile? Or is that just the name of the variety? Never heard of it.

#108186 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1332 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Chilly Chileans grow chili beans.

#108187 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4852 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Jezus, I live in Kansas City and think BBQ sauce on pizza is a horrible idea.

BBQ sauce on pizza can work. It needs a careful touch, but it can work. It can also be horrible.

Check out The Midnight Cowboy or the Joezilla from The Empire Slice House in OKC.

(My favorite there is the Figgy Stardust. That is a fantastic slice of pizza.)

#108188 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20837 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

Alright, Far Cry: New Dawn is done. I clocked in at 21 hours to 100% every single thing in the game except 2 club challenges that require co-op and 5 achievements.  This included every story mission, side mission, expedition at levels 1-3, outpost at levels 1-3, looted location, collectible, etc.  I even did a few outposts at level 3 several times to get loot since each outposts gives you part of a specific outfit if you replay it at the highest level.  

I was left wanting more!  Always a good thing.  They took FC5 and just improved upon the game mechanics.  Got my money's worth in gameplay even if the hours are way short compared to what I put into FC5.  Highly recommended. 

#108189 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:34 PM

Alright, Far Cry: New Dawn is done. I clocked in at 21 hours to 100% every single thing in the game except 2 club challenges that require co-op and 5 achievements.  This included every story mission, side mission, expedition at levels 1-3, outpost at levels 1-3, looted location, collectible, etc.  I even did a few outposts at level 3 several times to get loot since each outposts gives you part of a specific outfit if you replay it at the highest level.  

I was left wanting more!  Always a good thing.  They took FC5 and just improved upon the game mechanics.  Got my money's worth in gameplay even if the hours are way short compared to what I put into FC5.  Highly recommended. 

riported as a ubi shill

#108190 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:54 PM

BBQ sauce on pizza can work. It needs a careful touch, but it can work.

I mean, ultimately "pizza" is just flat bread with toppings. A BBQ pizza goes so far away from the core idea of pizza that it can work as its own thing, almost like an open face BBQ sandwich: you've got crispy bread, BBQ sauce, meat, and whatever else seems to fit with that. Green onions and/or cilantro? Sure. Peppers? Depends on the type and how they're cooked. Fried onion strings? Absolutely. Cole slaw? If you're into that. Smoked cheese? Ehhh, maybe.

But no, not Fuck ing pineapple.

#108191 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8785 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:44 PM

Down here a local chain sells "Mexican" pizza, which has beans on it. I mean. I'm Mexican, but even I won't touch that.

#108192 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24539 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm in the midst of FC5 and really enjoying it, so I do hope FC: New Dawn is worthwhile. I am not sure if I'll get to New Dawn after finishing FC5 or a bit later.

Is the FC Arcade in FC: New Dawn?

#108193 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4496 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:57 PM

Alright, Far Cry: New Dawn is done. I clocked in at 21 hours to 100% every single thing in the game except 2 club challenges that require co-op and 5 achievements. This included every story mission, side mission, expedition at levels 1-3, outpost at levels 1-3, looted location, collectible, etc. I even did a few outposts at level 3 several times to get loot since each outposts gives you part of a specific outfit if you replay it at the highest level.

I

Ha ha, u didn't finish it...Git gud, noob!

#108194 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8610 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

I don't know why I laughed so much.

#108195 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10612 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

New Dawn definitely looks more interesting to me.  I found Far Cry 3 fairly tedious and empty.  Never played 4 but I expect it's the same.

#108196 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20837 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm in the midst of FC5 and really enjoying it, so I do hope FC: New Dawn is worthwhile. I am not sure if I'll get to New Dawn after finishing FC5 or a bit later.

Is the FC Arcade in FC: New Dawn?

No, there's no arcade in New Dawn or plans for it and that's fine.  All the new elements where the game shines wouldn't be easily implemented in the arcade so I see no reason to add it.  

I found Arcade fun, but frustrating when it came to making maps.  You get a lot of control, but not as much as you want, especially with enemy spawns and controlling where the enemies stay, when they spawn, etc.  

New Dawn definitely looks more interesting to me.  I found Far Cry 3 fairly tedious and empty.  Never played 4 but I expect it's the same.

I liked FC5 a lot, but it dragged in places and I felt the need to take breaks between area.  It was a bigger game, but it also had a lot of repetitive busy work (basically your typical Ubi game).  New Dawn is more compact and with less to do, but the stuff there is to do is a lot more fun.  When you repeat expeditions or outposts the enemies are at a higher difficulty and certain things are randomized (location of alarms/package).  For the outposts you also get more alarms as the difficulty increases.  I got so caught up on the outposts and expeditions at around 33% of the story that by the time I picked up the story again I was way OP and it wasn't really difficult for me, which was fine because that's not really why I play FC games and the story missions are just so so compared to the outposts and expeditions. 

#108197 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4852 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:46 AM

I mean, ultimately "pizza" is just flat bread with toppings. A BBQ pizza goes so far away from the core idea of pizza that it can work as its own thing, almost like an open face BBQ sandwich: you've got crispy bread, BBQ sauce, meat, and whatever else seems to fit with that. Green onions and/or cilantro? Sure. Peppers? Depends on the type and how they're cooked. Fried onion strings? Absolutely. Cole slaw? If you're into that. Smoked cheese? Ehhh, maybe.

But no, not Fuck ing pineapple.

What's the core idea of pizza? Again, look at the menu I posted. Some really out there pizzas on that menu, but they all seem like pizza to me, even the ones that might not have a marinara sauce.

And yes, of course no Fuck ing pineapple.

#108198 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:00 AM

What's the core idea of pizza? Again, look at the menu I posted. Some really out there pizzas on that menu, but they all seem like pizza to me, even the ones that might not have a marinara sauce.

And yes, of course no fucking pineapple.

I guess what I mean by that is pretty typical pizza dough crust, some sort of tomato-based sauce, and at least one or more toppings that are traditionally associated with pizza (including, but not mandating, cheese). I mean, you can mess with that formula a bit, and it'll still seem like pizza (white pizza, for instance), but the further away you get from it, the less "pizza"-like it gets.

There's a circular flatbread I like to get frozen from Trader Joes with onions, prosciutto, and gruyere, but I don't really think of it as pizza, even though it's superficially similar and mostly contains ingredients you could find on something I would think of as pizza. I'm not sure where exactly the line is, mind you, nor would I presume to dictate it; but at some point between a neapolitan and a tostada, you stop eating "pizza" and start eating some other flat food.

#108199 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20837 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:00 AM

Pizza with crushed pineapple instead of marinara, cheese, pineapple chunks, and then drizzled with balsamic/pineapple juice reduction. 

#108200 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:03 AM

Pizza with crushed pineapple instead of marinara, cheese, pineapple chunks, and then drizzled with balsamic/pineapple juice reduction.

Get the hell off my board, you filthy pervert.

#108201 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24539 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:30 AM

What did you think of Far Cry 2?

I liked FC2 - but eh, was disappointed w/ it. Like AC1, it felt like there were tons of cut & paste side stuff everywhere (which hurt the game, IMHO), even though the main missions were quite good.

Personally, I loved Far Cry 3. I never finished FC4, but I did like it quite a bit - just not as much as FC3. There's a lot "more of the FC3 type of same" type of gameplay and whatnot in FC4, TBH. To me, I dunno if they (UbiSoft) will ever re-create the magic that they created w/ FC3 and Blood Dragon.

#108202 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:52 AM

fc4 and fc3 are essentially the same game, although i liked 3 better overall (i liked the environment better, and fc4 is basically the exact same game as fc3 and blood dragon in terms of gameplay loop and overall feel). far cry games in my experience are fine enough/competent, but it's hard to believe people buy those games on launch. the whole game it just feels like you're going through the motions, but different people like different things i guess

#108203 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10921 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:56 AM

I liked FC5 a lot, but it dragged in places and I felt the need to take breaks between area.

I liked FC5 and would recommend it to anyone who likes the formula but I tried New Game+ and found my enthusiasm waning during the first mandatory kidnapping+exposition dump.  "Oh, right, I'll have to sit through these again". 

#108204 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1516 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:57 AM

Blood Dragon still has the best tutorial.

#108205 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:16 AM

Blood Dragon still has the best tutorial.

I wish Blood Dragon was a full fledged game, not an 8 hour spin off. Something about the FC games takes me a few hours to get settled in and start enjoying them, BD was easily the most interesting of the FC games I've played due to its premise/setting, but by the time I got to that point it was almost over. 

#108206 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4852 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:16 AM

That's....

That might work. With the right crust. And the right cheese. Not too much cheese either. The main problem with pineapple on pizza is the way it clashes with the marinara.

Even then, that's likely just too much pineapple to get any other flavor to show at all.

Probably better to drop the idea of pizza, though, and just use the reduction in a different dish. Say, for example, a sandwich with prosciutto, soppressata, tomato, banana peppers, and red onion on crusty Italian bread.

Skewer and grill the pineapple chunks as a side. Use the crushed pineapple in some sort of cake for dessert.

#108207 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11224 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

I wonder how much overlap there is between "No pineapple on pizza" people, "no ketchup on hot dogs" people, and "no ice in wine" people.

Additionally, in those groups are there higher percentages of Oxford comma sticklers?

#108208 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1516 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:06 AM

Pineapple on pizza is fine, ketchup on hot dogs is fine, ice in alcohol of any kind is not fine.

#108209 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:12 AM

I wonder how much overlap there is between "No pineapple on pizza" people, "no ketchup on hot dogs" people, and "no ice in wine" people.

Additionally, in those groups are there higher percentages of Oxford comma sticklers?

Stop reading my diary manifesto, creeper.

#108210 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1713 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:45 AM

giphy.gif