* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#108241 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8508 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:48 PM

The spheres are supposedly better yes.  They melt less water into your drink. 

I have a couple sets of whiskey rocks and I don't think they work very well tbh.   They don't chill the bourbon enough.  I much prefer regular ice cubes. 

#108242 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

Just store your liquor in the freezer like all the college kids do.

#108243 Evilv6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

Solution=Drink it straight you uncultured swine

#108244 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3564 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

Imagine drinking Woodford unironically.

#108245 oldforerunner  

oldforerunner

Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:51 PM

Solution=Drink it straight you uncultured swine

Always 'neat' here.

#108246 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

I have a couple sets of whiskey rocks and I don't think they work very well tbh.   They don't chill the bourbon enough.  I much prefer regular ice cubes. 

When I was in college, I had these reusable plastic water-filled balls. Those were great for cooling liquids of all types. Liquor and milk were what they usually got used for (often in conjunction).

#108247 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4562 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

Wait, people drink anything other than 100% grain alcohol straight?

And on fire?

#108248 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4583 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:32 PM

Wait, people drink anything other than 100% grain alcohol straight?

And on fire?

tenor.gif

#108249 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Humble Bundle March

Earth Defence Force 4.1 (plus DLC)

Warhammer Vermintide II

Cultist Simulator

PLUS

Tower Unite

Late Shift

Paradigm

Fight N Rage

Slipstream

20 Minute Metropolis (Humble Exclusive)

NEXT MONTH

Northgard

Mutant: Year Zero -  Road To Eden

Absolver Downfall

#108250 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:07 PM

Mutant: Year Zero -  Road To Eden was on my wishlist.  Late shift and Paradigm were my unlocks that I was interested in.  Not great, but not bad either.

#108251 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4937 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

Why? Chilling bourbon dulls the flavor and aroma.

#108252 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8508 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

I have bottles of Limoncello and Yagermeister in my freezer right now.   In fact they have been there several years because they are disgusting and nobody wants to drink them...

My favorite thing to keep in the freezer is Tanqueray Rangpur.  That's the best thing to drink poolside in the summer.

#108253 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8508 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

I use ice cubes in table whiskey, which is what you end up drinking most of the time in groups.  Everything top-shelf is served neat most of the time. 

#108254 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10973 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

But will it still dull the pain of my day to day existence?

#108255 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4937 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

I use ice cubes in table whiskey, which is what you end up drinking most of the time in groups.  Everything top-shelf is served neat most of the time. 

Even so many affordable whiskeys--bourbons and ryes anyway--are perfectly solid if perhaps not as complex as their more expensive brethren.

I mean, I'm not against ice. I'll generally go with a small ice chip that will quickly melt in order to help open up flavors. But it's not enough to chill the whiskey nor enough to discernibly dilute it.

#108256 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

All liquor tastes like ass.  I mean, the whole liquor industry revolves around putting shit in it so you can hide the ass taste while getting drunk.  Just because some of you hipsters are really into ass tasting doesn't mean it stops tasting like ass.  

#108257 blueArcana   Back on my beat CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

All liquor tastes like ass. I mean, the whole liquor industry revolves around putting shit in it so you can hide the ass taste while getting drunk. Just because some of you hipsters are really into ass tasting doesn't mean it stops tasting like ass.

Maybe you've just been eating too much ass lately to tell the difference

#108258 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8508 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

Even so many affordable whiskeys--bourbons and ryes anyway--are perfectly solid if perhaps not as complex as their more expensive brethren.

I mean, I'm not against ice. I'll generally go with a small ice chip that will quickly melt in order to help open up flavors. But it's not enough to chill the whiskey nor enough to discernibly dilute it.

I dunno, you kinda sound like an iceist. 

Spoiler

Check this out.  I got to enjoy this for the first time in my life over Christmas.  My brother-in-law won #2 in a drawing at his local liquor store for a raffle to pick out a bottle to buy.   That's the only time I've ever seen a bottle of Pappy in-person. 

#108259 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14528 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

Spoiler

Check this out.  I got to enjoy this for the first time in my life over Christmas.  My brother-in-law won #2 in a drawing at his local liquor store for a raffle to pick out a bottle to buy.   That's the only time I've ever seen a bottle of Pappy in-person. 

Dude. You're playing cards with pocket change while enjoying a $100 bottle of limited production whiskey that you didn't have to buy. When's the next food stamp roulette over a kobe wagyu beef hot pot?

#108260 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4937 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

Spoiler

Very nice.

I've only had Pappy in the form of beer aged in its barrels.

#108261 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9470 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

Looks like I get to refund Fight n Rage cause of Humble Monthly unlock...yay...and that refund will go directly into me buying more VNs.

#108262 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4937 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

Looks like I get to refund Fight n Rage cause of Humble Monthly unlock...yay...and that refund will go directly into me buying more VNs.

IQSK4Qy.gif

#108263 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10741 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:33 PM

Glad Derp Rock Galactic got a free weekend.  I avoid Early Access like the plague.  Fun enough game that I'd be happy to get in a Humble Monthly.

#108264 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

Does anyone else add hot sauce to condiments or am I the only weirdo that does it?

#108265 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8703 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:34 AM

I feel like that might burn...

#108266 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5708 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:59 AM

Mostly I drink my Bourbon neat, but sometimes you want a cold drink. It fits the bill.

#108267 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4937 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

Mostly I drink my Bourbon neat, but sometimes you want a cold drink. It fits the bill.

Wouldn't a mixed drink work better in that case?

#108268 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:12 AM

Glad Derp Rock Galactic got a free weekend.  I avoid Early Access like the plague.  Fun enough game that I'd be happy to get in a Humble Monthly.

Y no join closed beta to get it free.

#108269 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   902 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:19 AM

I'm not sure why I add 18,000 piece puzzles to my Amazon price watch list when if I bought one, I would literally be unable to assemble it anywhere in  my house.  One of the most important rooms if I can ever afford my "dream house" is a puzzle room big enough to store tons of cubes and other puzzles - and with some sort of surface or a combination of tables big enough to put together ridiculously large jigsaw puzzles.  I used to like putting together puzzles but anything short of 3k is mindnumbingly easy, 5k is a pretty good spot for size but still can be finished too quickly for what they cost.  I actually think $150 for 18k pieces is more reasonable because of the sheer amount of time you could spend working on it.  But where the hell do you put it together?  Meh.  Anyway I finally solved my last cube without looking for a guide and I never have really got into speedcubing so now I need to pester r/cubers or somewhere for advice on what to get next.  

Uh, I mean, something something pineapple, something something bbq pizza.   I cooked up a bunch of ribs the other night, altered a recipe for a Jamaican jerk rub but with Swerve instead of sugar and cayenne instead of whatever peppers the recipe actually called for.  It is pretty good.  I am eating low carb so no real sugar or pineapples for me.  Or pizza.  Gotta turn my holiday Santa body into a beach body for all of those Arkansas beaches that we are going to have when the polar ice caps melt and most of the lower Mississippi valley is under the ocean.

#108270 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8703 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:29 PM

I'm not sure why I add 18,000 piece puzzles to my Amazon price watch list when if I bought one, I would literally be unable to assemble it anywhere in  my house.  One of the most important rooms if I can ever afford my "dream house" is a puzzle room big enough to store tons of cubes and other puzzles - and with some sort of surface or a combination of tables big enough to put together ridiculously large jigsaw puzzles.  I used to like putting together puzzles but anything short of 3k is mindnumbingly easy, 5k is a pretty good spot for size but still can be finished too quickly for what they cost.  I actually think $150 for 18k pieces is more reasonable because of the sheer amount of time you could spend working on it.  But where the hell do you put it together?

I didn't even know they had jigsaw puzzles that large...  I should rethink my priorities... I don't really need a kitchen... I could just make a walkway and have the rest of it be a table.  HOLY CRAP... I just saw a 32,000 piece puzzle... 18'x6'... I don't think I have a room 18' long... I could always knock out a wall...

My inner 12 year old wants those awesome dragon/wizard puzzles they used to have at Spencers.  I always look for them at thrift stores, but the only dragon/wizard puzzles I find are newer ones that always have glitter on them.