* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#108631 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1332 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:30 PM

GRID 2 is FREE on the Humble Store for the next three days.

https://www.humblebu...d2-spa-bathurst

Includes the Bathurst & Spa Content DLCs which are separate Steam keys.

#108632 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

I discovered Playnite a couple of weeks ago.  It is pretty slick and well worth the download.  It is able to locate and configure games from all of your launchers and list them all with images/covers, descriptions, etc.  Point at your install directories for non-service installed games.  Pretty painless setup and it even allows you to bring in games you have installed to run in emulators; I have Cemu and Dolphin games added into the list as well.  So for those wanting all their games in one place, this is an elegant solution.  Really not sure how much I will actually use it but It's so slick, I won't be uninstalling it any time soon.

#108633 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1492 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

2w1mn9.jpg

#108634 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10914 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

So, yes, everything you say is true. However, there *is* some value of being able to participate in the zeitgeist that surrounds a games launch. Particularly if it's a story based game, part of the fun is being able to engage in conversations about it.

So decide which is more important to you.  Maybe the rest of the community doesn't want to wait on a handful of Luddites reminiscing about the good ole days of retail optical media.  Actually, we know that they don't because people are buying the "incomplete" games at launch.

Edit: I'm saying "you" in the general.  I saw what you said about trade-offs, etc.

#108635 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:06 PM

(Edit: I'm hearing that the chem launcher variant that heals is quite good also.  I'll give it a try when servers come back online.)

Chem Launcher is like first aid...  The Hive healing variant is like the healing station in Div 1.  ( I would recommend the Chem Launcher for solo play.  It likely won't top you off but its a quick boost and a quick recovery time.)

#108636 Rusty Dakota   Lead singer. Driver of the Winnebago. CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Rusty Dakota

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

GRID 2 many.

?HQBK-FC538-GPG4N

? = GRID ?

#108637 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8590 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

(Edit: I'm hearing that the chem launcher variant that heals is quite good also.  I'll give it a try when servers come back online.)

Chem Launcher is like first aid...  The Hive healing variant is like the healing station in Div 1.  ( I would recommend the Chem Launcher for solo play.  It likely won't top you off but its a quick boost and a quick recovery time.)

You hear anything about how the ballistic shield compares to Div 1?

I used the ballistic shield a ton in Division 1, especially once I could use an SMG with it. 

#108638 aspyrbash   Pub Rep Publisher Representitive   58 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

aspyrbash

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

Texas Sale live on Steam

#108639 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8024 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:54 PM

At the end of the day though, it's all video games.  No big deal.  I only share opinions here because that's the topic -- it's not as though I spend Easter dinner stewing about Epic vs Steam. 

Exactly.  I care about about games more than you do, and more specifically, thoroughly experiencing my 6-10 favorite games of the year.

Most of the "When games shipped complete" stuff is easily solved by waiting until the game ships "complete".

uhhhhhhh lol

#108640 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10914 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:04 PM

Exactly.  I care about about games more than you do, and more specifically, thoroughly experiencing my 6-10 favorite games of the year.

uhhhhhhh lol

That's fair that you care more than me.  But you care more than the majority of game consumers which is why you'll either need to learn to adapt or just spend your life unhappy about video games.  Which seems like a foolish thing to spend your life unhappy about but you do you.

Most games are done with updates, DLC, etc within a year.  Developers/Publishers move on to the next project.  So just wait a year instead of whining about it.  The game isn't going anywhere (except maybe to Epic store!)

#108641 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:07 PM

That's fair that you care more than me. But you care more than the majority of game consumers which is why you'll either need to learn to adapt or just spend your life unhappy about video games. Which seems like a foolish thing to spend your life unhappy about but you do you.

Most games are done with updates, DLC, etc within a year. Developers/Publishers move on to the next project. So just wait a year instead of whining about it. The game isn't going anywhere (except maybe to Epic store!)

Totally agree with this sentiment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#108642 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8024 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:30 PM

That's fair that you care more than me.  But you care more than the majority of game consumers which is why you'll either need to learn to adapt or just spend your life unhappy about video games.  Which seems like a foolish thing to spend your life unhappy about but you do you.

Most games are done with updates, DLC, etc within a year.  Developers/Publishers move on to the next project.  So just wait a year instead of whining about it.  The game isn't going anywhere (except maybe to Epic store!)

If that's "whining" and "unhappiness"  to you then so be it.  Some of us enjoy talking about the business side of things. 

I make positive posts in here all the time.

#108643 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8024 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

I've spent the last two weeks casually looking for a cheap Division 2 key around ~$30, but finally got one the other day from a  friend.  Really looking forward to playing The Division 2 tomorrow!

But look at these sketchy Ebay listings from today lol:

https://www.ebay.com...IIAAOSwcGtcgOuc

https://www.ebay.com...qoAAOSw-9hciL4M

#108644 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

the borderlands review bombs are gonna be hilarious

#108645 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:33 PM

I have a handful of games on CD still that are not on GOG or otherwise available, I have long since sold the rest on Craigslist.  I have been thinking about doing that with the bulk of my music collection because while I have some sentimental attachment to discs that I listened to endlessly as a teenager or whatever, the majority of my collection us just taking up a lot of space and outside of my car I do not even have a CD player (not counting my consoles obviously as I never use them for that) and digital is just so much more convenient.  PC games took up a lot more space than music CDs do and this discussion on digital video games and optical media just gave me a horrifying thought.  

Just for a moment, imagine you have your current digital game collection, even if you only count the ones that are actually good games or games you bought specifically rather than being +1s from a bundle you bought for one or two games... all on physical media.  I mean I think that hoarders show is still going so it would be cool that half of us would get to be on TV but still.

Anywho, found a workaround for my Division problem.   Not exactly an Ubi-approved solution but that is someone else's problem if it ever becomes an issue.   :-

They still haven't given me my free copy of ACO for participating in Project Stream or responded to my support ticket asking about it so I am starting to think that might be a lost cause at this point. 

#108646 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:44 PM

via madjoki via lashman via reddit

https://www.resetera...history.105385/

Developing: Epic Games Launcher appears to collect your steam friends & play history

So this comes originaly from Reddit, I found out via lashman Metacounil post.
(This is not endorsement of those findings)

But I tried to replicate those and found out that Epic Games Launcher on start up searches for Steam install
and proceeds to get list of files in your Steam Cloud (this includes mostly game saves for every user that has logged in on your PC)

Steam Cloud is stored under userdata\[account id]\ if you wanna check

It will also create encrypted copy of config\localconfig.vdf.
This file contains your steam friends, their name history (groups you're part of, are considered "friends").

It seems friends might be used for friends suggestions, but I don't even use that feature and it collects more than that.

While it's called "localhistory" it is synced from cloud

It will read, encrypt and then write copy to: C:\ProgramData\Epic\SocialBackup\RANDOM HEX CODE_STEAM ACCOUNT ID.bak
It will also keep historical entries there.

As for contents of file:

Example of friends entry:

MEgXCG2.png

Play history, will contain last playtime
Spoiler

300 = Day of Defeat
"300"
{
"LastPlayed" "1384125348"
}
(1384125348 is unix timestamp near end of 2013). Apparently I have played this then.

To replicate these findings you can use Microsofts Process Explorer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

To replicate these findings you can use Microsofts Process Monitor:

https://docs.microso...wnloads/procmon

It's recommended to add filter: "ProcessName is EpicGamesLauncher.exe" otherwise there will be tons of crap. Also you can set Drop Filtered events to save on memory.

First step is finding out where Steam is:

TYgs6Hg.png

Then it will enumerate everything in Steam Cloud.

It doesn't seem to read anything, but just names of all your saves of games
Spoiler

Then it will read localconfig.vdf
Spoiler

after it's done:
Spoiler

42834588 = steam account id

76561197960265728 + account id = steam id = 76561198003100316 (this is my account)

#108647 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20795 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:55 PM

So?

#108648 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:10 PM

anyone know how long it takes for the AMD bundle codes to show up? shruggie dude hooked me up but it still says the codes are unavailable on the rewards page. I just wanna play Division 2  :cry:  

#108649 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

anyone know how long it takes for the AMD bundle codes to show up? shruggie dude hooked me up but it still says the codes are unavailable on the rewards page. I just wanna play Division 2 :cry:

Mine showed up last night. I got an email too. Preload and ready for tonight. Fucken hyped.

#108650 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8590 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:17 PM

So?

TenCent stealing all your data!

#108651 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3492 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:38 PM

So?

This, but ironically.

#108652 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3405 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

What the Fuck is irony?

#108653 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20795 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:51 PM

Hey tin foil bros, my steam profile is public so epic can go get all that info if they want. I'm not worried about it.

#108654 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:54 PM

Hey tin foil bros, my steam profile is public so epic can go get all that info if they want. I'm not worried about it.

Same lol.

#108655 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1629 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:00 PM

First time doing a Ryzen build and I'm impressed.. my $150 AR combo of a 1700 & cheap b350m board clocks 4.1 stable.  Guess I'm less of an Intel guy and more neutral now.

To my question: Does the AMD Div2 code activate on a 1700 or is it 2000 series only?

#108656 UberZerstorer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

UberZerstorer

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:25 PM

GRID 2 is FREE on the Humble Store for the next three days.

https://www.humblebu...d2-spa-bathurst

Includes the Bathurst & Spa Content DLCs which are separate Steam keys.

Thanks for sharing!

#108657 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1492 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:25 PM

anyone know how long it takes for the AMD bundle codes to show up? shruggie dude hooked me up but it still says the codes are unavailable on the rewards page. I just wanna play Division 2  :cry:  

That's me!

I imagine you should be getting them soon.

#108658 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20795 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:33 PM

First time doing a Ryzen build and I'm impressed.. my $150 AR combo of a 1700 & cheap b350m board clocks 4.1 stable.  Guess I'm less of an Intel guy and more neutral now.

To my question: Does the AMD Div2 code activate on a 1700 or is it 2000 series only?

Only on the 2000 series.  

#108659 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10572 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:37 PM

So, let's assume I'm too lazy to go read up on Derpvision 2 (I am) and never played Derpvision 1.  What do I need to know as far as basics?  Are there 'classes' or anything?

#108660 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:53 PM

You hear anything about how the ballistic shield compares to Div 1?

I used the ballistic shield a ton in Division 1, especially once I could use an SMG with it.

I had early luck with the SMG variant but gave up on it as it didn't last long... My Skill power is always horribly low though.

Normal version last much longer, obviously as it has more hit points, but side arm only is pretty rough in my opinion.

Its certainly not as strong as the end game Shield build from Div1.