* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#109591 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:35 AM

Are we talking about the same article?  Because I'm talking about the Dragon Age article that's got MysterD pooping his load about Joplin and in it they clearly try to but the blame on EA and them wanting a game as a service and putting pressure on Bioware for all that.  Sounds like you might be talking about the original Anthem article.

Yeah, we are. My bad I was still thinking about the Anthem article... Frankly, I'm still confused how Kotaku managed to post two honest to goodness interesting articles in the same quarter let alone same month.

#109592 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9161 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:51 AM

Today I googled "should i play trails in the sky or trails of cold steel first" and guess what popped up as the first hit?

How to Get Into Trails, One of the Best RPG Series Out There.  Another informative short article from Kotaku telling me exactly what I wanted to know.  It's neatly tailored, personalized, and completely applicable to my interests.   I'm now a few hours into TiTS 1 even though I thought I was going to be starting Cold Steel this week.  It's pretty fun.  I'm playing it from my PC over Steam Link on the living room TV which is working out pretty well so far.

#109593 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5139 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:54 AM

Was the answer “You should play with TiTS first because, come on, they’re TiTS”?

Because it should have been.

#109594 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:57 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=rDmyGG0YR98

Looks cool.

#109595 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9161 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:59 AM

hmmm this game reminds me of something....I can't quite put my finger on it. 

#109596 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:02 AM

hmmm this game reminds me of something....I can't quite put my finger on it. 

https://www.kickstar...prodeus/prodeus

"Mike and Jason have each worked in the game industry for over 10 years and contributed to many projects including the Call of Duty series, BioShock Infinite,  Doom 2016, UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection, and more."

#109597 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8995 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:12 AM

Can vouch that InnerSpace is goood

tumblr_muwcn9xlCL1qedb29o1_500.gif

#109598 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1393 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:17 AM

https://www.humblebu...ales-remastered

just a heads up, Ducktales Remastered is $1.47 on humble if monthly subber. not sure how much if not monthly. anyways, i'm gonna go to walmart and buy a pizza...

#109599 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3286 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:38 PM

https://www.humblebu...ales-remastered

just a heads up, Ducktales Remastered is $1.47 on humble if monthly subber. not sure how much if not monthly. anyways, i'm gonna go to walmart and buy a pizza...

Someone clearly hasn't read the last couple of pages....

#109600 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

I made mention that I would post thoughts on the Sharpshooter specialization when I had finished it...  I did that a few days ago, had the important stuff done way before then, I've just been lazy.

The Tac-50 Sniper Rifle is better than it was, it was prone to missing the first shot, but it still...  I don't know... Lacks something.  I'm not expecting to one shot kill named enemies but it does lackluster damage to elites.  I honestly feel that non tanked, non named elites should just be put down with this thing.  That would be cool.  As is?  Heh, I'm not too disappointed that special ammo is dropping like it should be.

That said, the top part of the tree.  The Weapon handling, headshot damage, and reload speed works with any class of weapon.  There's also a talent in the bottom right that gives 10% headshot damage to your teammates if they are closer to the target than you.  This makes it a surprisingly good specialization.  I've used an AR and rifle build nearly the entire time leveling it and its worked amazingly well.

Note: I don't like my armor kits jacked with so I don't ever put those three points into that part.  I also rarely (okay, never changed my skills) so those skill changed I've not played around with.

#109601 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2813 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

I'm now a few hours into TiTS 1 even though I thought I was going to be starting Cold Steel this week. 

You'll appreciate them more having playing Sky fc, sc, and 3rd.  But not necessary.  They are amazing games.  I remember getting a little impatient with FC during my first playthough (they've been appropriately described as a "slow burn").  Abuse the turbo function, just don't skip dialogue and don't drop it early.  A lot of the game's strength really shines at the end of fc.

#109602 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11171 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:36 PM

Note: I don't like my armor kits jacked with so I don't ever put those three points into that part.  I also rarely (okay, never changed my skills) so those skill changed I've not played around with.

I've been happy with Survivalist but, yeah, that armor perk is no good.  I don't think I've ever had a time where:

(a) Someone near me was out of armor

(b) I was also out of armor

© They stayed near me long enough for me to replace my own armor including the extended replacement time

The always either move or just replace/repair their own armor (which takes less time than me doing mine) in some way first.  And I'm left with the extra armor repair time.

#109603 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25891 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

Microsoft Windows 10 Store PC Games Sale:

https://www.microsof...ons/pcgamedeals

#109604 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21227 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

Microsoft has 3 Months of Gamepass for $1.  Pretty good deal even if you manage to just play 1 game.  PC gamepass is limited but some good stuff on there - newest Forza game, Crackdown 3, Recore, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4.  

#109605 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9161 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

I made mention that I would post thoughts on the Sharpshooter specialization when I had finished it...  I did that a few days ago, had the important stuff done way before then, I've just been lazy.

The Tac-50 Sniper Rifle is better than it was, it was prone to missing the first shot, but it still...  I don't know... Lacks something.  I'm not expecting to one shot kill named enemies but it does lackluster damage to elites.  I honestly feel that non tanked, non named elites should just be put down with this thing.  That would be cool.  As is?  Heh, I'm not too disappointed that special ammo is dropping like it should be.

That said, the top part of the tree.  The Weapon handling, headshot damage, and reload speed works with any class of weapon.  There's also a talent in the bottom right that gives 10% headshot damage to your teammates if they are closer to the target than you.  This makes it a surprisingly good specialization.  I've used an AR and rifle build nearly the entire time leveling it and its worked amazingly well.

After about 100 hours, I'm pretty burned out on Div 2.  I'm 160 in the grenade launcher, about 145 in the crossbow, and 24 of 30 on the new seasonal loot chests as of a couple days ago.  There are a number of things that need to get fixed.  Special ammo almost never drops, it also resets when you join or leave other players instances.  I keep getting all this 481-495 equipment, and have to spend a bunch of time micromanaging all the worthless drops and useless skill mods.  The skill mod system is still completely borked.  The tradeoff for losing perks and passive abilities in order to equip set items isn't worth it, especially when bonuses like '10% dmg to armor' don't work.   But most of all once you spend a good amount of time playing at the level cap, the sense of rewarding progression becomes all but nonexistent.  I don't find upgrades anymore.   I haven't been finding ARs that are any better than the ones I was using at 450.  Still haven't found the AR extended mag blueprint so AR builds are a little out of the question right now. Another really annoying thing is the 24 hour loot box timer that keeps resetting and giving you empty chests if anyone in your group opens it again. 

Mostly, I'm just not finding many meaningful upgrades.  So I haven't felt motivated to spend all this time maximizing my equipment with a poor rate of return when they are just going to reset the loot treadmill again in a couple months anyways. 

It's a blast of a game;  I love it.   The Division 2 is excellent.  It's really fun opening the seasonal loot chests and acquiring other unique cosmetic apparel.  But the game doesn't respect my time investment right now. I'm putting it down until they can get some of these important fixes implemented. 

#109606 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

Played BioShock... again. Didn't experience any issues with the remaster. We'll see about 2, which seems to be an even worse offender.

#109607 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4092 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

Microsoft has 3 Months of Gamepass for $1. Pretty good deal even if you manage to just play 1 game. PC gamepass is limited but some good stuff on there - newest Forza game, Crackdown 3, Recore, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4.

Nice. Need to check if it's available on my country

#109608 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:51 PM

Microsoft has 3 Months of Gamepass for $1.  Pretty good deal even if you manage to just play 1 game.  PC gamepass is limited but some good stuff on there - newest Forza game, Crackdown 3, Recore, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4.  

Gamepass is awesome, but I keep waiting for them to put more games on PC for it. They've been hinting that they have plans to beef up gamepass on PC for like a year now.

#109609 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9161 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:58 PM

Oh boy.

Star Wars:  The Rise of Skywalker.

#109610 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25891 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:05 AM

Jason West (from MOH:AA, COD series & Titanfall) has signed w/ Epic Games:
https://www.pcgamer....der-jason-west/

#109611 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:04 AM

I'd be more excited about this one if The Last Jedi had never happened. 

#109612 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:57 AM

I'd be more excited about this one if The Last Jedi had never happened.

Yeah its going to take more than rey jumping over a tie fighter to get me interested after the last movie stomped on everything the first one set up.

#109613 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5167 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:53 AM

Yeah its going to take more than rey jumping over a tie fighter to get me interested after the last movie stomped on everything the first one set up.

how about Luke didn't really die, Emperor Palpatine is still alive and Darth Vader is Rey's father?  :-

#109614 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

how about Luke didn't really die, Emperor Palpatine is still alive and Darth Vader is Rey's father?  :-

At this point its about all they've got to salvage the mess they've made.

#109615 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3286 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:35 PM

The new canon books (before Ep VII came out) stated that the Emp sent out these "robots" all over the universe with his face and were programmed to sew chaos.  They were the reason most of the shit fell because the Emperor took his toys and went home.  So it'd be badass if they pulled it all together.  Hell Hux's dad was the one who was brainwashing all the kids in the first place.  I just wish they had made the First Order not act like a bunch of stooges.  These are supposed to be SMART enemies.  They're not dumb.  But they are comically stupid in the new movies.

#109616 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5167 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

tenor.gif?itemid=12465776

#109617 Rehykja   Diggles Gonna Dig CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Leftovers for the lurky boyz (or gurlz).

Hammerfight - IAQI4-9IRPX-NB5HG

Lovely Planet - 08X4T-FGW06-ENVAT

System Shock 2 - 85BKA-9W5D0-4IPHF

#109618 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11345 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:21 PM

The new canon books (before Ep VII came out) stated that the Emp sent out these "robots" all over the universe with his face and were programmed to sew chaos.  They were the reason most of the shit fell because the Emperor took his toys and went home.  So it'd be badass if they pulled it all together.  Hell Hux's dad was the one who was brainwashing all the kids in the first place.  I just wish they had made the First Order not act like a bunch of stooges.  These are supposed to be SMART enemies.  They're not dumb.  But they are comically stupid in the new movies.

I'd have been happy if they didn't just "Boba Fett" Captain Phasma every chance they had. 

#109619 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11345 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

At this point its about all they've got to salvage the mess they've made.

Eh, my guess is that they're all giant turds and think they know better than everyone else so the whole point of the last movie is to set everything on fire, ruin all the best toys so noone can use them ever again, and then piss on the ashes. 

After this next movie, there's probably no more Sith and Jedi, and Rey will become a "Skywalker" and train future "Skywalkers".

Thus, when we get to the next trilogy, it'll be about how the Skywalkers are fighting Darkwalkers.

Disney doesn't care. They've made their money and can keep the entire franchise under lock and key forever, send it to the Disney Vault for 20 years and trot it out when current brats are wanting to feel nostaligic. 

#109620 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

"Boy, some people hated that last movie, huh?"

"How do we put their asses back in the theater seats for the next one?"

"Let's do the Death Star again."

"No, we already did that."

"How about instead of a new Death Star, let's show the remains of an old one."

"Yes... that could work..."

"And we'll bring back Palpatine for good measure."

"Brilliant! The fanboys will be creaming themselves all over again."