* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#110881 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:42 PM

Control looks OK and a wait for $5 on sale game. Still looks OK, but not something i'd pick up on release.

#110882 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3656 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback on the Xbox Game Pass for PC, lads. I ended up getting 16 months of the ultimate pass for $48. Will reassess if I want to resub after that time. Cheers. 

Where is this 16 month for $48 deal?

#110883 fore1337   exquisite diet of hot dogs and coke. CAGiversary!   751 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

fore1337

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:22 AM

Thx for the kudos!

Stoked about firing up some games from the backlog that gave my old PC trouble. ....Borderlands TPS just barely ran, well enough to enjoy it on significantly reduced settings. 

Metro Redux, Deus Ex, FO4, Far Cry 5, Enhanced BL.

#110884 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7847 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:24 AM

Just grabbed the Borderlands: Handsome Collection for $5.12 on Steam.  I don't know when I'll be able to play it, but I feel better knowing that it's in my library.

#110885 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14889 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:32 AM

I'm up to 11/2020 on Gold and have some months of regular Game Pass left. Seriously debating whether or not I want to max it out before converting, since I won't be getting the new Xbox. But, the big exclusive for MS, Halo Infinite, will probably be out in Winter 2021...

Game Pass right now costs $120 a year, so there's a good chance Ultimate will cost the same. So buying Gold now at ~$45 per year until 6/2022 and then converting saves you well over half the cost already. So if you want to play Infinite without shelling out much cash for it, extending your sub before converting is the most cost-effective way.

#110886 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7847 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:53 AM

I'm up to 11/2020 on Gold and have some months of regular Game Pass left. Seriously debating whether or not I want to max it out before converting, since I won't be getting the new Xbox. But, the big exclusive for MS, Halo Infinite, will probably be out in Winter 2021...

Game Pass right now costs $120 a year, so there's a good chance Ultimate will cost the same. So buying Gold now at ~$45 per year until 6/2022 and then converting saves you well over half the cost already. So if you want to play Infinite without shelling out much cash for it, extending your sub before converting is the most cost-effective way.

I like the way that you think and do math.  My favorite part of your post was where you said that you won't be getting the new Xbox since I won't be getting it either.  But I thought that I heard them say that Halo Infinite would be playable on Xbox One as well as Project Scarlett during the E3 presentation.  Then again, I might have heard wrong since this will probably be my last generation.  I don't care about newer hardware since I've barely scratched the surface of the current generation's library.

#110887 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5836 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:29 AM

Exanima, a game on my Wish List and a few other wish lists around here, is on sale for the first time in like 2 and a half years.

https://store.steamp...362490/Exanima/

Also, I got a 50% off coupon for Total War: Warhammer II. (I don't see this a deal but it's free if anyone needs wants it.)

#110888 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:57 AM

Just grabbed the Borderlands: Handsome Collection for $5.12 on Steam.  I don't know when I'll be able to play it, but I feel better knowing that it's in my library.

Don't forget to add the DLC "Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary" to your library.  It's free for owners of Borderlands 2 until July 8th (and once it's added you get to keep it).

https://store.steamp..._for_Sanctuary/

#110889 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11113 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:05 AM

Game Pass right now costs $120 a year

Presumably, once it goes live, it'll be cheaper when purchased in larger time increments like the current services are. Xbox Live Gold is $10/mth or $60/yr.

Edit: I was comparing it to Live Gold but I see that the Xbox Pass (for console) offers no discount for buying in blocks so I guess this won't either.  I'll just buy it monthly the once or twice a year when something comes out that I actually care about rather than spending $45 to play stuff I'm only half-interested in for a year.

#110890 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1433 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:24 AM

I went for it, too. Picked up 3 years worth of Gold for cheap and then converted it all to Ultimate Piss.

Where did you pick up 3 years of gold for cheap?

#110891 Reds303  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:36 AM

Between not delivering anything and delivering a complete game on Epic, I think Epic is the better solution.  Epic isn't going to let whatever money they pumped into the game be used to pay back unhappy early pre-orders.  This is game development, not a ponzi scheme.  

I'll use Epic if they bring back a college football game. Looks like Gridiron Champions is the latest Kickstarter game that will never be. I remember reading about it awhile back and checked on its progress with all the kickstarter talk and it seems as if they don't even have one developer yet.

I had my doubts about them being able to make a game since NCAA Football had a ton of developers working on it and had years to make it what it was... glad I didn't actually give any money to it. Kind of agree with the sentiment that the devs aren't necessarily frauds, but really don't realize how much resources they need to make an actual game. In Gridiron Champion's case, there is no way a small team could make the same game EA made, so even if they do meet their goal someday, I doubt the game ever gets made in my lifetime.

#110892 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9065 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

But, the big exclusive for MS, Halo Infinite, will probably be out in Winter 2021...

Already confirmed for Winter 2020.

#110893 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

Exanima, a game on my Wish List and a few other wish lists around here, is on sale for the first time in like 2 and a half years.

https://store.steamp...362490/Exanima/

Also, I got a 50% off coupon for Total War: Warhammer II. (I don't see this a deal but it's free if anyone needs wants it.)

Eww been in early access a bit too long for my liking. Reminds me of wanting Project Zomboid which seems like it is eternally in EA.

#110894 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2623 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:15 PM

I recently resisted completing my Borderlands collection on steam for $5.xx because I'm cheap and felt that all the 0.99 dlc items were bloating the proportion despite already owning both the base games on my account.

Now it looks like a single steam key for the collection is $3 on gmg: https://www.greenman...3e400cc0a1c0e0b

I guess I'll get it?  Maybe someone could confirm that a single handsome collection key will fill in what I need.  I own:
Borderlands GOTY

Borderlands  GOTY enhanced
Borderlands 2 (missing 50% of dlc)
Borderlands: TPS (missing season pass / all dlc)

#110895 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

Since it hasn't been posted in this thread yet Toonstruck is free on GOG for the next two days.

https://www.gog.com/game/toonstruck

#110896 kemosahbe  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:02 PM

I recently resisted completing my Borderlands collection on steam for $5.xx because I'm cheap and felt that all the 0.99 dlc items were bloating the proportion despite already owning both the base games on my account.

Now it looks like a single steam key for the collection is $3 on gmg: https://www.greenman...3e400cc0a1c0e0b

I guess I'll get it?  Maybe someone could confirm that a single handsome collection key will fill in what I need.  I own:
Borderlands GOTY

The Handsome Collection will fill in what you're missing, it's only missing Borderlands 1 and the new (currently free on Steam) Borderlands 2 DLC Commander Lilith

#110897 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10956 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:23 PM

I'm so cheap, I'm still debating.  I could just use those $4ish steambuckos to BL3 when it finally releases.  The question is do I really see myself playing BL: TPS and the few BL2 headhunter DLC I'm missing that much before next April?

#110898 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:25 PM

Just a heads up that Prey is available to download on PC Gamepass. It was mentioned during E3 but only finally got added within the last 24 hours.

#110899 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14889 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:33 PM

Already confirmed for Winter 2020.

Oh, so I'm all set then. Thanks.

I'm so cheap, I'm still debating.  I could just use those $4ish steambuckos to BL3 when it finally releases.  The question is do I really see myself playing BL: TPS and the few BL2 headhunter DLC I'm missing that much before next April?

TPS is underrated. The voice acting and story are good, and the locations are decent. Combat is mostly the same as BL2, except it adds on Cryo damage (you can freeze shit), BOOSTERS so you can jump further and travel faster, and cool zero gravity mechanics. It's impossible for me to believe that people who liked BL2 can have legitimate gripes about TPS, unless they're exceptionally stupid and can't manage an oxygen gauge in addition to health and shields.

Headhunter packs for BL2 were all meh except the last one. Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax was actually good. Wam Bam Island is a better map than half of the maps in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty. The fight is really challenging unless you cheese it with the rocket launcher trick.

tl;dr just get it dude. TPS is good and at least one Headhunter is worth it. April is 10 months away, you have plenty of time to play the games.

#110900 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25667 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:51 PM

Just a heads up that Prey is available to download on PC Gamepass. It was mentioned during E3 but only finally got added within the last 24 hours.

Prey 2017 is awesome and should not be missed.

If anyone is a fan of Bioshock series, System Shock series, Dishonored series, and any of Arkane's other stuff - you cannot go wrong w/ this awesome title.

#110901 Fatality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2324 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:58 PM

Borderlands GOTY

i have a extra handsome collection key u can have

#110902 Epic_Bean  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:54 PM

KotR2        Czero4CD-zeroPB8E-RXV4A
Tropico 4   3BTDK-F*W8W-DL7F*

Subterra    R73V*-LCRKH-zero6KF4

* = Z

#110903 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2623 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:01 AM

i have a extra handsome collection key u can have

Ha thanks, I had already blown the $3 on gmg, so maybe another regular here could use it.

#110904 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

So I've been playing Steep recently, after getting it free from Uplay last month. It feels a lot like The Crew in terms of progression and design, and it's been an enjoyable free roam experience. The world doesn't feel as alive as something like Amped 3, with a bunch of abandoned villages littering the mountainside, instead of active resorts. And getting the Japan map for free (E3 promo) is nice, although the challenges there are quite difficult compared to the Alps.

#110905 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8811 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:58 AM

Prey 2017 is awesome and should not be missed.

If anyone is a fan of Bioshock series, System Shock series, Dishonored series, and any of Arkane's other stuff - you cannot go wrong w/ this awesome title.

Agreed, Prey was great, one of my favorite games I played last year. Wish it would've sold better. 

#110906 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1433 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:13 AM

TPS is underrated. The voice acting and story are good, and the locations are decent. Combat is mostly the same as BL2, except it adds on Cryo damage (you can freeze shit), BOOSTERS so you can jump further and travel faster, and cool zero gravity mechanics. It's impossible for me to believe that people who liked BL2 can have legitimate gripes about TPS, unless they're exceptionally stupid and can't manage an oxygen gauge in addition to health and shields.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Spoiler

#110907 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7847 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:04 AM

Don't forget to add the DLC "Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary" to your library.  It's free for owners of Borderlands 2 until July 8th (and once it's added you get to keep it).

https://store.steamp..._for_Sanctuary/

That was the main reason for me buying the Handsome Collection.  I've also claimed it on PS4 and Xbox One just because.

#110908 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14889 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Spoiler

You're just exceptionally stupid, since I said that TPS is underrated and didn't make any comparisons between it and BL2 save for the combat. And you also seem to be confusing the poor humor/dialogue and "rip your ears off annoying" (this should be hyphenated) with all the cringe lines Ashly Burch voiced as Tiny Tina--the most annoying character in the entire franchise. Calling everyone "shawty" and stringing random words together before saying butt/badonkadonk/booty is funny to you? Are you 12? You don't seem to appreciate the Australian-style situational irony as comedy in TPS, so now I'm wondering if you need to hear ass-related slang in a high-pitched squeal every minute to be entertained. Would be fitting for your perceived maturity.

It's a humorous Mad Max, set in space with gravity mechanics and fucking lasers. What happened to the guardians from 1? You find out. Who are the villains in 2? You find out. Who is Jack, even? You find out.

TPS is a good game, and it's underrated. But you exceptionally stupid people are entitled to your own opinions. Mooby asked if he should play it, and we both said yes, so that's that.

#110909 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:44 PM

He was just quoting Billy Madison lol.

You're just exceptionally stupid, since I said that TPS is underrated and didn't make any comparisons between it and BL2 save for the combat. And you also seem to be confusing the poor humor/dialogue and "rip your ears off annoying" (this should be hyphenated) with all the cringe lines Ashly Burch voiced as Tiny Tina--the most annoying character in the entire franchise. Calling everyone "shawty" and stringing random words together before saying butt/badonkadonk/booty is funny to you? Are you 12? You don't seem to appreciate the Australian-style situational irony as comedy in TPS, so now I'm wondering if you need to hear ass-related slang in a high-pitched squeal every minute to be entertained. Would be fitting for your perceived maturity.

It's a humorous Mad Max, set in space with gravity mechanics and fucking lasers. What happened to the guardians from 1? You find out. Who are the villains in 2? You find out. Who is Jack, even? You find out.

TPS is a good game, and it's underrated. But you exceptionally stupid people are entitled to your own opinions. Mooby asked if he should play it, and we both said yes, so that's that.

#110910 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11113 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

Let's have a debate over which Borderlands game is less obnoxious and stupid!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic