* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#111511 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1728 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

I will say that the bigger your hands the more you'll lean towards the XB controllers.

This is why I use xbox controllers, to impress the ladies

#111512 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5581 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

wait, are you counting the duke or the redesign of the og xbox controller?

Duke would be 4 generation of controller design and not included while the S Controller would be included. (Sorry, I worded that pretty poorly.)

#111513 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5581 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

Nope.  Not even close.  The only thing XB controller has on the DS4 is connectivity.  The joysticks are better on the DS4, feels better in your hands, etc.  I own both.  I love my Minecraft Creeper controller, but to act like it's vastly superior is just laughable.  I will say that the bigger your hands the more you'll lean towards the XB controllers.

You own both? Wow, that's really freaking amazing as I do too. Unbelievable, huh?

Also own every DS since the first, own the orginal PS controller that didn't have analog stocks... and on the Xbox side *shrug* I own them all too.

Anyhow, if you go look at the history of Sony's design you'll see its inclusion of analog sticks was an afterthought and they just stuck them on there without any redesign. Redesigns came slowly and frankly I wouldn't say it got good till PS4. Hell, I couldn't even play Demon Soul's for longer than a week because of the physical pain of holding the controller... (I could play Uncharted 2/3 MP for hours at a time... but the sticks where just too close and it was easy for thumbs to bump.)

Xbox on the other side thought analog first, it's clear as day in their design, and the controller is far more comfortable for it... It being the primary input in this day and age in gaming.

As for hand size it's quite possible it matters. I can palm a basketball afterall.

#111514 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

welp, with the Torchlight giveaway on EGS i now have it on 3 launchers. and next week i can add Limbo to that list. yay for redundancy, i guess?

#111515 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

For the one or two of you who may care it looks like Spiders' new RPG GreedFall is set to release September 10th.  They're the company who made Mars: War Logs, Bound By Flame and The Technomancer.

Looks neat.  I like that they're going with a different style and setting than their previous works.

#111516 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20931 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:51 PM

You own both? Wow, that's really freaking amazing as I do too. Unbelievable, huh?

Also own every DS since the first, own the orginal PS controller that didn't have analog stocks... and on the Xbox side *shrug* I own them all too.

Anyhow, if you go look at the history of Sony's design you'll see its inclusion of analog sticks was an afterthought and they just stuck them on there without any redesign. Redesigns came slowly and frankly I wouldn't say it got good till PS4. Hell, I couldn't even play Demon Soul's for longer than a week because of the physical pain of holding the controller... (I could play Uncharted 2/3 MP for hours at a time... but the sticks where just too close and it was easy for thumbs to bump.)

Xbox on the other side thought analog first, it's clear as day in their design, and the controller is far more comfortable for it... It being the primary input in this day and age in gaming.

As for hand size it's quite possible it matters. I can palm a basketball afterall.

Goodness, people get so touchy nowadays.  No need to be a snowflake about it.  I mentioned owning both not to imply anything about anyone else, but merely to emphasize that I'm talking from experience and not just being a Sony fanboy.  They are both good controllers.  I like them both.  I just said that hand size is probably a factor so you're just confirming it.  You have big hands so the XB controllers feel better for you.  You can't say anything about the early PS controller designs when the original Xbox controller was the freaking duke.  The world's ugliest, most uncomfortable controller.  

And your gripe about the analog sticks isn't about the analog sticks - it's about the spacing.  DS4 has better analog sticks.  I do think the spacing on the XB controllers feels more comfortable/natural, but I've never had any issues or pain using a PS controller.  

#111517 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24766 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:57 PM

For the one or two of you who may care it looks like Spiders' new RPG GreedFall is set to release September 10th.  They're the company who made Mars: War Logs, Bound By Flame and The Technomancer.

Spoiler

Looks neat.  I like that they're going with a different style and setting than their previous works.

I was impressed with it during the E3 2019 gameplay previews/interviews. One of my sleeper picks from that show.

Mars: War Logs felt like they were on their way and almost there, but still just lacked something in execution somewhere (stilted writing; not as much production values of other AAA's; all over the place voice-acting; too much back-tracking; etc.)

I hope this Greedfall is the Spiders game that finally reaches greatness.

#111518 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8346 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:04 PM

I don't think I've had big gripes or anything about controllers from the major players in over a decade.  They're all fine. 

Spoiler

#111519 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8681 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Chrono has Monster Hunter World for $28.

https://www.chrono.gg/

Since I remember seeing someone got it during the sale and I don't know how much it was at the time.  ITAD seems to indicate it's an all time low.

#111520 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3060 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

Got my free mini slurpee and $1 slice of pizza today.

#111521 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10691 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:42 PM

So when's the Winter sale?

#111522 Baltore  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

So when's the Winter sale?

Can't wait for the Snowmobile Grand Prix game!

#111523 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

In case you missed the Humble giveaway from a while back Age of Wonders III is free on Steam right now:

https://store.steamp...of_Wonders_III/

#111524 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8681 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

I have a 75% off coupon for https://store.steamp...p/251110/INFRA/ if anyone is interested.

#111525 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7649 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

Speaking of Monster Hunter, the digital deluxe edition is currently about ~$25 on Humble if you have the 20% monthly discount. https://www.humblebu...deluxe-edition?

I'm super tempted, but I have a feeling it's going to be a monthly headliner, perhaps to sell some copies before the expansion drops?

EDIT: It's actually cheaper than the base game, so very likely a price mistake.

#111526 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

I can, too, and I gravitate towards smaller controllers. The GameCube pad, pre-analog Playstation pad, and DS4 are the most comfortable gamepads for my money, and I much prefer analog sticks to be level rather than offset.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried the Duke or Xbone controllers, though I’ve used the 2nd gen original Xbox pad and 360 pad extensively.

#111527 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8346 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:53 PM

yeah you don't want to be paying anywhere near those prices for Monster Hunter right now with the expansion ( + full game) coming out on Sept. 6. 

I realize there is no release date for PC yet, but still.  The OG version is heading to the clearance scrap heap.   

#111528 aspyrbash   Pub Rep Publisher Representitive   73 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

aspyrbash

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:53 PM

Speaking of Monster Hunter, the digital deluxe edition is currently about ~$25 on Humble if you have the 20% monthly discount. https://www.humblebu...deluxe-edition?

I'm super tempted, but I have a feeling it's going to be a monthly headliner, perhaps to sell some copies before the expansion drops?

DLC coming soon too

#111529 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4564 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:57 PM

meh....I've been playing it on XBONE 1 DOLLA GAME PASS......TRUTH!!!!!!!  GABEN WHERZ MY $1 MONSTA HUNTER FOR PC?????

#111530 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:02 PM

It’s worth noting that the launch price points for Monster Hunter World Iceborne and the base game + expansion bundle are $40 and $60 on console, respectively, so unless you’re planning to play immediately and/or are going to wait for Iceborne to drop in price before grabbing it, anything over $20 for the base game probably isn’t worth it.

#111531 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9382 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:26 AM

My Steam summer sale haul can be summarized as unnecessary DLC patches that should be provided for free, FPS throwbacks and some random cheap stuff I got with the 5 off points value. I was mainly trying to get some VNs I hadn't bought yet that I wanted to before. I've already beaten Neoverse a few times. Giving my rants before but it's a good game that's not quite up to Slay The Spire's greatness. Still a very solid similar game that I will likely play more on full release.

Spoiler

#111532 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6829 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

Madrobot X is free on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind...dev_id=freebies

It appears to be a shmup.  

And Age of Wonders III is free on Steam.

https://store.steamp...of_Wonders_III/

I had to go on a trip for work and wasn't on CAG for a day, so I don't know if Age of Wonders III is a repost.

#111533 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5581 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

Goodness, people get so touchy nowadays.  No need to be a snowflake about it.  I mentioned owning both not to imply anything about anyone else, but merely to emphasize that I'm talking from experience and not just being a Sony fanboy.   

Do you honestly believe with your post history of stirring the shit that anyone actually believes this?  Especially, when you double down and try to insult when most reasonable folk would have just tried to explain themselves better? 

Yeah, I'm not buying what your trying to sale here...  No that it matters I'm pretty much done here.  I'll go back to ignoring 99% of the shit you post and you can back to your nonsensical spiel...

#111534 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5581 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:15 PM

I can, too, and I gravitate towards smaller controllers. The GameCube pad, pre-analog Playstation pad, and DS4 are the most comfortable gamepads for my money, and I much prefer analog sticks to be level rather than offset.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried the Duke or Xbone controllers, though I’ve used the 2nd gen original Xbox pad and 360 pad extensively.

You don't over want to use the Duke...  I think a lot of controllers get shitted on unfairly as being bad but the Duke isn't one of them.  Its really bad.  Its ergonomics are appalling and the scary thing is MS tried to make a more ergonomically controller...  Unlike Sony who didn't care cared about ergonomics for a surprisingly long time.

That said even the Duke has fans believe it or not.  But that's ergonomics for you...  What works for one will not work for all...   Its why we have 100s of mouse shapes and numerous keyboard layouts.    It's just a shame that neither MS or Sony don't just give a go ahead for controllers to work on both consoles or to allow the other to make their controller for the other system.  (Say MS making a Sony shaped controller for the XBone or Sony making a Xbox shaped controller for the PS4.)

#111535 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9382 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

I played the 3 FPS throwbacks AMID EVIL, Dusk, and Project Warlock for about 30 minutes each yesterday to decide if I'm going to refund any of them. Giving my first impressions for all of them. I played them all on the normal difficulty.

AMID EVIL was easily my favorite. The graphics were really nice, and the gameplay reminded me of Hexen. The challenge was fair and I liked the few weapons I got to use. You can also power up your weapon after collecting some stuff. This is really good for stronger enemies and rooms full of enemies. Very fun and sometimes challenging. I didn't want to stop, but it was near my bed time. 8.5/10 for now.

DUSK was pretty cool as well. This one felt more akin to Quake. The graphics are bit on the simpler side very much like Quake. The levels were constructed pretty well in this. A lot of it felt like a horror game. The game didn't feel unfair in its difficulty. The guns I got so far were more normal such as a shotgun though you start with some wimpy scythes. Really decent and well worth playing. 8/10

Project Warlock I felt was easily the worst of the bunch. The graphics aren't always as clean. This game reminds me of Catacomb Abyss. I died a lot in this. Most of the weapons felt weak and there is a mass amount of enemies in some rooms. You need to dodge bullets so I'd highly recommend using ammo weapons unless you run out (and you will), You then you get stuck with the knife or the axe. This game felt the least polished out of all of them. The hit detection for weapon shots was wonky especially for your magic staff. The first level was somewhat uninspired and i wasn't a fan of some things. This one has you travelling time periods or something so you get a lot of different weapons and fight different enemies. It just shows that I believe a younger guy created this one solo, and you can tell he may have not played the old games as much. It's still fun, but I may request a refund on this. 7/10

Hopefully this helps if you're looking at these FPS throwbacks in the future.

#111536 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1871 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I use a controller 95% of the time while chilling with single player games.  Usually only game with kb/m for fps / rts or a game I want to play at 3440x1440.  I simply find kicking back with a controller much more relaxing than sitting in front of a pc (which i do a lot of already for work).  My go-to is a ds4 + steam big picture set to auto-toggle my primary display.

I have hands on the large side yet I strongly prefer the ds4. I find the xb1 controller angular and cramped.  Also dislike awkward asymmetrical sticks (switch is the worst at this).  I only use an xb1 controller when I need the paddles from the elite or when I'm forced to by a console (apparently this 4k player I have collecting dust also plays microsoft games)

#111537 bers817  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

Do steam codes from humble bundle ever expire?

#111538 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20931 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:51 PM

Do steam codes from humble bundle ever expire?

Some do, but they will say clearly on your key page.  Like I think all the Blizzard ones expire.  I think the Overwatch ones expire at the end of this year. 

#111539 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20931 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:55 PM

Do you honestly believe with your post history of stirring the shit that anyone actually believes this?  Especially, when you double down and try to insult when most reasonable folk would have just tried to explain themselves better? 

Yeah, I'm not buying what your trying to sale here...  No that it matters I'm pretty much done here.  I'll go back to ignoring 99% of the shit you post and you can back to your nonsensical spiel...

I'm not the one that got snarky and touchy about it.  I wasn't trolling.  It's clear when I'm trolling and people rightfully don't get offended by it because that's the point of it, to make fun of trolls, not to actually troll.  Anyway, this isn't the first time you've gotten offended by some innocuous thing that I've posted so you're obviously the one with the issue.  

Last thing I want to do is to get into some stupid Sony vs Microsoft fanboy argument which is the only reason I brought up owning both so people could see I wasn't just fanboying.  You somehow took it personally.  

I appreciate the people who are able to discuss the issue without taking it personally.  

#111540 bers817  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:45 PM

Some do, but they will say clearly on your key page.  Like I think all the Blizzard ones expire.  I think the Overwatch ones expire at the end of this year. 

Cool, thanks.