* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#111991 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3074 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:06 AM

What about the remaster of the demake of the original remake?

That's coming after they reboot the series with a spinoff from the second remake.

(Night Dive please stop remaking System Shock games and just find a way to negotiate the rights to a digital release of the Westwood Blade Runner adventure game.)

#111992 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:23 AM

That's coming after they reboot the series with a spinoff from the second remake.

(Night Dive please stop remaking System Shock games and just find a way to negotiate the rights to a digital release of the Westwood Blade Runner adventure game.)

I bought a pristine copy of that at a thrift store a couple years back for like $3. I'm too lazy to plug in a disc drive to install/troubleshoot it to work on Win10/play it, though.

#111993 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3074 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:53 AM

I bought a pristine copy of that at a thrift store a couple years back for like $3. I'm too lazy to plug in a disc drive to install/troubleshoot it to work on Win10/play it, though.

There are some patches out there to help the game run on modern systems, but as of a few months ago it can be played with ScummVM. You'd just need to copy some files from each CD, as specified in the ScummVM wiki.

Get to it if you never played Blade Runner. It truly is an amazing game and one of the best point-and-clicks.

If a Blade Runner game were made today it'd probably be a battle royale set on Mars with each person playing as a replicant. :(

#111994 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6392 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:38 AM

Free key for this +1
https://store.steamp...lines_of_Prima/

Gotta join the discord server and a bot will DM the key.
discord.gg/bop

EDIT:

Someone on steamgifts reported might be dead now...

EDIT2:
I think that guy just doesn't know how to read.

Not dead yet, persay. They're getting more keys.

#111995 UberZerstorer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

UberZerstorer

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:04 PM

Well...

fake.jpg

#111996 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1729 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

Well...

scroll down, or the bot is busted

Their bot gave me 2 keys, one at the top of that message and then I realized there was a long ass scroll and another one at the bottom

#111997 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24823 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

Need For Speed: Heat looks like NFS meets Vice City:

#111998 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:26 PM

I miss NFS just being an arcade racing game with neat scenery.

#111999 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24823 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

More THQ Nordic news than we know what to do with:

• Volition is deep into development of a new Saints Row game
  • DamBuster Studios (Homefront: The Revolution's dev's) is now working on Dead Island 2
  • TimeSplitters' co-creator Steve Ellis joined DamBuster Studios and will work on a new TimeSplitters game
  • Nordic acquired GunFire Games (makers of Darksiders 3)

Sources:

#112000 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5019 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:46 PM

There are some patches out there to help the game run on modern systems, but as of a few months ago it can be played with ScummVM. You'd just need to copy some files from each CD, as specified in the ScummVM wiki.

Get to it if you never played Blade Runner. It truly is an amazing game and one of the best point-and-clicks.

If a Blade Runner game were made today it'd probably be a battle royale set on Mars with each person playing as a replicant. :(

That actually sounds like a game I would want to buy.  Oddly, blade runner is one of my favorite films but I never played the games.

#112001 UberZerstorer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

UberZerstorer

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:04 AM

scroll down, or the bot is busted

Their bot gave me 2 keys, one at the top of that message and then I realized there was a long ass scroll and another one at the bottom

I did scroll all the way down. Nothing.  :cry:

#112002 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:39 AM

More THQ Nordic news than we know what to do with:

• Volition is deep into development of a new Saints Row game
  • DamBuster Studios (Homefront: The Revolution's dev's) is now working on Dead Island 2
  • TimeSplitters' co-creator Steve Ellis joined DamBuster Studios and will work on a new TimeSplitters game
  • Nordic acquired GunFire Games (makers of Darksiders 3)

Sources:

I wouldn't hold out hope for Derp Island 2, that project has been passed off to three or four developers.

#112003 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:45 AM

I wouldn't hold out hope for Derp Island 2, that project has been passed off to three or four developers.

I would imagine they're just going to start from scratch

Deep Silver sounds like they were just absolute Fuck ups and THQ Nordic is fixing it

#112004 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:59 AM

Also just read Borderlands 3 will be using Denuvo.  Take-Two/2K going full scorched earth policy on this one.  Maybe by the time it releases on Steam they'll remove Denuvo.  Probably not, though.

#112005 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:28 AM

i'm surprised they went the denuvo route rather than make it online only, like the division or mmo's, cuz now they have an even bigger bullseye on their backs for groups to crack it asap. hope it doesn't become a shitshow like fallout 76 or anthem.

#112006 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:32 AM

Also just read Borderlands 3 will be using Denuvo.  Take-Two/2K going full scorched earth policy on this one.  Maybe by the time it releases on Steam they'll remove Denuvo.  Probably not, though.

Considering its only releasing on Epic Denuvo being in the game makes perfect sense to me.

#112007 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24823 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:44 AM

i'm surprised they went the denuvo route rather than make it online only, like the division or mmo's, cuz now they have an even bigger bullseye on their backs for groups to crack it asap. hope it doesn't become a shitshow like fallout 76 or anthem.

Let's keep in mind, when Borderlands 1 launched, nobody wanted Securom's Internet activation DRM; nobody wanted that crap either. Even the DLC's had it. Even on the Steam version (which gave it both Steam & Securom-required). At least Securom crap later got removed.

Why does every game need to go always online? I don't want my game's future to be stuck with always online, if it's still built for me to be able finish it solo-style.

We don't need another ARPG (and any other type of game, for that matter) to go always online like FO76, Diablo 3, ESO, The Division series, Destiny series to go always online - especially in games where previous titles didn't pull that crap (except Division and Destiny, as their series launched with always-online requirement). When nobody's playing the game on the servers anymore - this game's going to be a rental and a coaster, if they don't pull the always-online account-based DRM crap off their game.

At least the game (BL3) has on offline mode; and the DRM will likely get cracked by a 3rd party or hopefully they (2K and/or Gearbox) officially removed later (like they did w/ Borderlands 1).

Regardless, I ain't dropping big $ on this game. With likely DLC-City here; Denuvo DRM; all the shenanigans from 2K  & Gearbox over this game; my huge backlog; and still not finished BL2 DLC's and all of BL:TPS & its Season Pass - why should I drop $60 on this game?

#112008 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

Always online is more involved than anything I would ever trust Gearbox (or take2 with) and I think people would demand more...  Like PvP that gets reasonable balanced and that would in my mind destroy a lot of what makes BL so great.  A billion weapon combinations, overpowered character skills, etc. 

#112009 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

SecuRom was on the retail version of BL1 but not the Steam version.  For whatever reason, it was also on the first DLC (Zombie Island), maybe the Moxxie DLC, but not on the General Knoxx DLC.  It was later removed from the Zombie DLC.

#112010 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24823 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

SecuRom was on the retail version of BL1 but not the Steam version.  For whatever reason, it was also on the first DLC (Zombie Island), maybe the Moxxie DLC, but not on the General Knoxx DLC.  It was later removed from the Zombie DLC.

Thanks for the clarification.

I had BL1 base & First DLC Pack from retail; then got GOTY on Steam when it got dirt-cheap from Amazon Tony.

#112011 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1103 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

Would love to eventually see a Saints Row 2 remaster, especially given how much of a mess the PC port is.

#112012 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8432 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

welp I only earned 17/40 apparel caches from Divsion 2's Heat Wave event.  Someone at microcenter told me it started on July 30 so I was a week late getting started on them.  Only played a couple times on each of the final two weeks.  They rejiggered things this time around too so that you only get an event cache key once out of every three player levels.   On previous events it used to be that I'd get two keys every three levels, or one key every two levels at the worst.  You only get 4 keys from each weekly project so they made it much more time consuming to get all 40 apparel cache keys this time around.  I didn't have it in me to try and farm them all.  How about you guys?

#112013 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

I installed Derpvision 2.  Played for an hour.  And then uninstalled.

#112014 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8432 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:02 PM

Destiny 2 Cross Save Gets A Date

#112015 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1886 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

I installed Derpvision after getting it for free but haven't even launched it once.  Bleh.

In other news, a couple of deals from one of my favorite developers grabbed my attention:

Ys VIII is a doing a free weekend.  I played it some on console but decided I really needed better performance to enjoy the arpg.  This ended up being a bad decision since the NISA pc port was butchered at launch and the game has been / still is way too expensive.  But I guess it's a good time for me to check in to see if it's still broken or if they managed to make it playable.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is $9 on fanatical.  Solid game..  it's like taking the arpg gameplay from Ys, putting it in self-contained dungeon areas, and connecting them with a world and social context similar to something found in Trails of Cold Steel  (though in a modern Tokyo setting with paranormal anime nonsense). This one has English subtitles only.

#112016 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5707 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

I'd be down for a Saint's Row 3 kinda game, but Saint's Row 4 just went full-on stupid.

#112017 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8669 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

oh sweet, i was lukewarm on bl3 but now that i know it has denuvo i am IN

#112018 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24823 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:43 PM

I'd be down for a Saint's Row 3 kinda game, but Saint's Row 4 just went full-on stupid.

That's exactly what I liked about SR4.

And for that matter, most of the series in general.

I never played the original SR (never hit the PC), but SR2 felt like an over-the-top GTA game.

SR3 got...even more so ridiculous, over-the-top, and even further into the world of parody & jokes - even further and into the direction GTA would never go (especially as GTA was getting more realistic with GTA4). For me, I think this is where it really found its identity.

SR4...abandoned even more rules. As if SR3 couldn't be any more over-the-top, enter SR4. It took things even further & entirely into another land and galaxy...and into the Matrix basically; and also into Superhero-type of direction - i.e. Prototype 1+2.

#112019 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10723 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:56 AM

Agreed completely.  When you just go full-overboard super powers, the lack of a challenge makes it dull.

#112020 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24823 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:33 AM

Agreed completely.  When you just go full-overboard super powers, the lack of a challenge makes it dull.

giphy.gif