* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#112561 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

Random, but I have been replaying Fallout 4 the last few weeks. I've been enjoying it a lot more than the last time I played it, I think enough time has passed where the disappointment over what it's not has subsided and I can enjoy it for what it is (that being said, I always liked the game). It still leaves me with a desire to just boot up New Vegas, though.

All this just has me really hoping The Outer Worlds is awesome. 

#112562 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11004 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:57 PM

I've found with doing the XB for PC GamePass, I really want to finish stuff up that I start that is in the Pass.

Especially important stuff like Gears 5, Metro: Exodus, Wolf II: TNC, etc. Especially since it feels like a limited time rental, until you stop subscribing.

It's like: "I have to run through this before the month ends!"

The secret is to pre-purchase through 2021 so you still don't feel any pressure to play anything.

#112563 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

PC gaming picked up so much since BL2 came out. BL3 being bigger on PC is obvious.

The question is, would it have been bigger on Steam?

the answer is yes, by a lot. my source is me, i'm awesome

#112564 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:42 PM

Random, but I have been replaying Fallout 4 the last few weeks. I've been enjoying it a lot more than the last time I played it, I think enough time has passed where the disappointment over what it's not has subsided and I can enjoy it for what it is (that being said, I always liked the game). It still leaves me with a desire to just boot up New Vegas, though.

All this just has me really hoping The Outer Worlds is awesome. 

Yeah, I always liked Fallout 4 - but FO4 ain't as great as FO3 in the choices department; and especially NV in the character, story, narrative, writing, dialogue, and/or voice-acting. Seriously, Obsidian is just flat-out better at that stuff; no comparison.

But, yes - FO4 really improved the ARPG elements and gun-play. I also enjoyed the open-world of Boston, too.

Special mention for FO4: Far Harbor DLC, as I thought that was more of what I was looking for FO4....w/ choices/decision-making, story, characters, and personality.

It's almost as if FO4 base-game got the foundations down of majorly improved gunplay, gameplay, and ARPG-upgrading equipment...whereas Far Harbor DLC was what we all really wanted out of FO4 content.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah; definitely looking forward to The Outer Worlds. Sounds and feels like to me a spiritual successor to FO: NV with a similar type of sci-fi Borderlands-like future/universe (where mega-corporations rule).

#112565 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, I always liked Fallout 4 - but FO4 ain't as great as FO3 in the choices department; and especially NV in the character, story, narrative, writing, dialogue, and/or voice-acting. Seriously, Obsidian is just flat-out better at that stuff; no comparison.

last year i made the mistake of replaying fo3 immediately after nv, the dialogue in three is kinda tough to get through after playing nv

#112566 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10766 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:37 AM

Fallout 4 is fun in the same way Skyrim is fun.  The writing and quests are terrible but you just treat it like the shallow dungeon/world crawler it is and have fun.

#112567 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:18 AM

wow i think mooby is high

#112568 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:58 PM

Not sure why they would do it when they have a PTS for major changes going on but... Well, it is Massive/Ubisoft and they constantly step on their own game's toes by scheduled multiple events/betas at the same time.

Anyhow, a new Apparel Event started in the Division 2 today...  (I guess I'll be playing the Division for the next couple of weeks.)

#112569 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20997 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

Not sure why they would do it when they have a PTS for major changes going on but... Well, it is Massive/Ubisoft and they constantly step on their own game's toes by scheduled multiple events/betas at the same time.

Anyhow, a new Apparel Event started in the Division 2 today... (I guess I'll be playing the Division for the next couple of weeks.)

I think Syntax mentioned there seemed to be less items this time around.

#112570 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11004 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:50 PM

The prematurely Tweeted announcement from Europe/Asia showed four costumes.  Could be more, but four would match the first Event (the enemy factions one); the others were more like 5-6 outfits.

#112571 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:59 PM

The prematurely Tweeted announcement from Europe/Asia showed four costumes.  Could be more, but four would match the first Event (the enemy factions one); the others were more like 5-6 outfits.

Three costumes sets, 30 keys total needed (which is what I think the last one ended up being), and one costume for getting it all.

#112572 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11004 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

So even smaller than the first event!  I could have this knocked out by Thursday (unless they screwed with the key drop rates)

#112573 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1820 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

Fewer.

You're welcome.

#112574 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

Fewer.

You're welcome.

That's still alot. ;)

#112575 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1820 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:28 PM

That's still alot. ;)

Douche Touché.

#112576 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20997 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

Fewer.

You're welcome.

I think if we had less grammar nazis the internet would have fewer annoyance. 

#112577 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:13 AM

If we had fewer people in general this would also be true.  This is why I do not understand why more people are not cheering on the many wonderful, beautiful asteroids floating around out there.  I mean without asteroids there might be a bunch of dinosaurs eating us right now so another big impact can only be a good thing!

I'd say something about a video game or a sale but the sales all suck and I have not had time to play anything in weeks, so...

#112578 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

So even smaller than the first event!  I could have this knocked out by Thursday (unless they screwed with the key drop rates)

Someone on Reddit has it done already (without buying keys) while others have leveled up 8 times without getting a key.  It seems very much the normal RNG.

#112579 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:18 PM

The secret is to pre-purchase through 2021 so you still don't feel any pressure to play anything.

There is still a little pressure to play stuff since you never know if something will be taken off the service. I imagine the first party stuff will be there indefinitely, but for everything else, I have no idea how often they'll remove games and with how much notice. 

#112580 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14552 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:14 PM

ftfy

#112581 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4606 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:09 PM

Anyhow, a new Apparel Event started in the Division 2 today... (I guess I'll be playing the Division for the next couple of weeks.)

Sou you guys play Division 2 so you can place in a virtual fashion show?

giphy.gif

#112582 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11004 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:43 PM

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

lWBWcQ9.png

#112583 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20997 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:37 AM

giphy.gif

Basically. That and place in a virtual build show. Either you're grinding for cosmetics or trying to complete a build. I've been running with a shotgun/sniper build for a few months but I think I'll change it up soon. Probably do something stupid like Tommy gun as my main.

#112584 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:08 AM

so for some goddamn reason i wanted Snake Pass. two choices

1. get the bundle on fanatical bundlestars for five bucks

2. buy it on g2a for like a buck and change... i am NOT sifting through the cesspool.

after thinking about it for a minute, i got the bundle. i dont wanna get into some egs 2deep4u bullshit, but ya know seemed like the better thing to do. anyways, to counteract my sacrifice i' gonna go pirate some stuff.

#112585 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:43 AM

Just checked; didn't realize I already owned Snake Pass. [shrug]

#112586 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5562 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

Just checked; didn't realize I already owned Snake Pass. [shrug]

So it's great, then?

As a public service announcement, the Solasta Kickstarter I alluded to a few weeks ago made 100% last night, so if anyone's interested in fakeybro'ing a tactical RPG, you may want to check it out. 

#112587 cobolatrix  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:15 PM

so for some goddamn reason i wanted Snake Pass. two choices

1. get the bundle on fanatical bundlestars for five bucks

2. buy it on g2a for like a buck and change... i am NOT sifting through the cesspool.

after thinking about it for a minute, i got the bundle. i dont wanna get into some egs 2deep4u bullshit, but ya know seemed like the better thing to do. anyways, to counteract my sacrifice i' gonna go pirate some stuff.

It was also in the xbox game pass for pc.

4c0af3beb4.jpg

#112588 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:47 PM

So it's great, then?

As a public service announcement, the Solasta Kickstarter I alluded to a few weeks ago made 100% last night, so if anyone's interested in fakeybro'ing a tactical RPG, you may want to check it out.

Pretty sad they have to address Epic Game store exclusivity in their FAQ... They say they won't do it.

Anyhow, I'm glad they made it... but my days of Kickstarting are pretty much over. It would have to be perfectly in my wheelhouse for me to consider otherwise.

#112589 Baltore  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

Metro 2033 Redux and Everything are now available for free on Epic Games Store.

#112590 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20997 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:19 PM

It was also in the xbox game pass for pc.

4c0af3beb4.jpg

I could never get it to run, but this was pre-Xbox App so maybe they fixed it.  I know I couldn't get Metro Exodus to run without crashing every few minutes for a few weeks until they updated it and the app.