* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#112831 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10992 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Yesterday, 01:27 PM

You probably not like the patch then... I certainly didn't have lower level mods and had issues. Seems like I needed a 20% boost in skill power to get back into my mods but I think my skill power was at most around 2700.

It actually wasn't that bad.  I had to juggle a bunch of talents & mods and recal some stats but I got my stuff up and running.  Still feels cobbled together but I ran some challenging missions and mostly did fine.  I went from 10s cool down to 15s but my damage went up and with cool down affecting talents, it's workable.  I think once I get some more gear, I'll be doing better than I was in TU5.  I'm running the new Technician specialization but only unlocked the skill boost and +damage against bots.  The +SP is enough though that I'm over 3k on both and trying to adjust for more skill haste -- and I haven't unlocked all the +power boosts yet.

My AR build and Pistol build largely received straight upgrades since neither depended on skill power or stacking talents.  I did get the Unstoppable Force nerf though but didn't feel it much.

Targeted loot feels really nice and I think will help people a lot.  Expanded name sets are also nice.  Between the two, I might be able to get a third RK piece for the +Shield power on my pistol girl.  Carbine 7 went from trash to being pretty sweet; glad I kept mine.  Haven't played the new Pentagon mission but did the two new Classified missions.  Overall, I think TU6 will be very positive for most players.

#112832 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5655 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Haven't played the new Pentagon mission but did the two new Classified missions.  Overall, I think TU6 will be very positive for most players.

I should have mentioned this yesterday...  but when you finish the Pentagon mission (which is the second mission you do as you have a side mission to breach the Pentagon open the barrier before exiting to sell loot or whatnot.  If you don't you won't have access to the DARPA mission and will have to run the Pentagon mission again.

#112833 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Pinball FX3 Universal Monsters Pack on the 29th

#112834 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:42 PM

Ampere will be here in 6 to 8 months and I hope, hope, hope AMD steps up it's comparative game on the high end GPU scale to force the greedy Nvidia to drop their prices for the sake of competition,plus whatever discrete graphics card biz Intel is planning. New consoles around the corner always seems to force hardware/software makers to push the ball forward. That's my take, anyway. ymmv

Well, supposedly, the new consoles are going to have hardware based ray-tracing support so it stands to reason that the next Navi revision will have that same tech. That's when, I'd guess, that Navi will make a serious run at the 2080s.

#112835 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:08 PM

Borderlands 3 has already dropped to $33.74 for PS4/XB1 at Amazon. 

Certainly not on the Epic Game Store though.

#112836 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3096 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:08 PM

Alan Wake American Nightmare and Observer now free on Epic Store.

• HBX likes this

#112837 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10992 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 06:37 PM

Borderlands 3 has already dropped to $33.74 for PS4/XB1 at Amazon. 

Certainly not on the Epic Game Store though.

Just buy an AMD processor and get it for free, duh!

#112838 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:42 PM

Just buy an AMD processor and get it for free, duh!

It has definitely crossed my mind a dozen times.

"Let's see, it would only cost about $400-500 out the door to get a brand new Ryzen mobo + CPU but then I get BL3 FOR FREE."

#112839 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8726 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:45 PM

Yeah, but you'd also get The Outer Worlds!

Or you can just get a RX570 to get BL3!

#112840 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:48 PM

So if I spend $130 and get a shitty RX570 then I'd get Borderlands for free, and then maybe I could sell the GPU to some Craigslist degenerate for a hundred bucks, carry the 1 and....

#112841 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20975 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:58 PM

AMD, on top of having the best parts at the best prices, also has the best promos.  Not sure why anyone would sell off AMD parts.  If you still have shitty Intel or Nvidia parts replace them ASAP is my advice. 

#112842 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:08 PM

See this is why you just have the G7 summit at your own resort in Miami. Just write the AMD builds off as business expenses.  Free Borderlands for you and your entire guild/clan. 

#winning

#112843 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4592 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:29 PM

Yeah, even if I didn't work for the state, making such a random move impractical at best, I don't think that reason alone would justify it.

Look, obviously you move for the barbecue, the ISP stuff is just a bonus.

#112844 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20975 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:55 PM

Look, obviously you move for the barbecue, the ISP stuff is just a bonus.

I thought he said they had good ISP in Kansas, not Texas.  

#112845 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1940 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:01 PM

I thought he said they had good ISP in Kansas, not Texas.  

Austin area would probably be comparable.  My area near houston is rough, held hostage by extortion thugs comcast.

alcs game 4 tonight!  :whee:

#112846 Epic_Bean  

Posted Today, 10:19 PM

It has definitely crossed my mind a dozen times.

"Let's see, it would only cost about $400-500 out the door to get a brand new Ryzen mobo + CPU but then I get BL3 FOR FREE."

<_< I just bought a New Ryzen 7 2700X, AsRock B350M Pro4 Mobo, and 16Gb 3200Mhz ram for under $300. And have a free copy of BL3/OuterWorlds waiting to see if outer worlds is the better flip, I also got 4 free months of Xbox PC with it.

Idk whats up but everyone and there mother is discounting Ryzen 5 3600s at around the 175 mark currently.  Ryzen 2600X's are like 129 on discount most places. I got mine from Mircocenter for $159, and combined it with a deal for 30 dollars off a compatible Mobo. So I got the mobo for like 60 dollars? I upgrading from a i5-3570K Ive been sitting on that while its nice at a 4.2 OC just wasnt pulling its weight anymore

With Black Friday around the corner I wouldnt be surprised to see 2600X under 100 3600's around the 150 mark?

#112847 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1940 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:36 PM

<_< I just bought a New Ryzen 7 2700X, AsRock B350M Pro4 Mobo, and 16Gb 3200Mhz ram for under $300. And have a free copy of BL3/OuterWorlds waiting to see if outer worlds is the better flip, I also got 4 free months of Xbox PC with it.

I feel ya.  I currently have a pickup reservation for an open box 3600x for $160.  Don't need it, but was thinking of upgrading a machine currently running a 1600.  And would be looking to do do the same thing with the free game.

The $30 off motherboard offer doesn't strike me as great since board prices are all on the high side.  Will probably pass on that.  Back when zen2 launched, the motherboard combo was temporarily $50.  Now that was glorious since it made the Asus x370 prime essentially free.  Snagged two then.

Anyway now that newegg and ebay rolled out sales tax for me I'm more inclined to make the 45 min drive to MC.