* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#114061 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:01 PM

Why not PM the one person you want to have your username rather than share it publicly and get mad at friend requests? Honestly, you don't sound like a very cool friend to have.

Also seems like a good way to for sure get your profile name added to a ton of spam lists.

Eh, I replied in the thread too in public instead of PM. Thought came to my mind but I figured no one would mind.

landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.

P.S. - We both got sorted.

#114062 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:31 PM

Final Fantasy 14 consumed my life for a month and a half this past summer. Couldn't say no to Shadowbringers for $15.

Shadowbringers was pretty good. A much better story than Stormblood and the ability to choose between a player party or NPCs for dungeons was nice, particularly if you’re farming for gear.

#114063 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4787 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:57 PM

(Warning: statement is in fact false and nobody should buy unless they want to give 30 bucks to charity)

Or, and hear me out here, or you could just give $30 directly to the charity of your choice instead of letting IGN and/or some stupid streamers claim your $30 as part of their tax returns.

#114064 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10500 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:13 AM

Why not PM the one person you want to have your username rather than share it publicly and get mad at friend requests? Honestly, you don't sound like a very cool friend to have.

Also seems like a good way to for sure get your profile name added to a ton of spam lists.

Because...reasons?

Actually, that's how I got lots of the friends on my list. We used to just throw our profiles out there so regulars could connect. It feels a lot less creepy that going "pssst, you don't know me...wanna be my friend?"

And  Fuck you, I'm an awesome  Fuck ing friend! 

#114065 zippybox   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:14 AM

No way I will be anywhere close to finishing Death Stranding during my one week borrow from the library.  Unfortunately, still popular and I can't renew.  Oh well, back to the end of the line for another borrow.

#114066 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3234 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 01 January 2020 - 01:11 AM

This feels like this could be the spiritual successor & evolution to Freelancer that I've actually been waiting for. Only time will tell, if this space-sim (RGO) can fully live up to that space-sim's greatness (Freelancer).

The fact that you hold things up to FREELANCER and not PRIVATEER tells me your Space Sim background.. but you really feel that way with a reported 8 possible ships?  That's like.. zero choice.  Hell, No Man's Sky had that many....

#114067 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3234 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 01 January 2020 - 01:22 AM

I think the worst part about all the Steam achievement stuff is how they're forcing me to try to find friends who are online to chat with.  I mean, I'm casually friends with some of ya'll but like you I'm "away" most of the time.  I never broadcast what I'm playing.  This is silliness.

#114068 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:20 AM

The fact that you hold things up to FREELANCER and not PRIVATEER tells me your Space Sim background.. but you really feel that way with a reported 8 possible ships?  That's like.. zero choice.  Hell, No Man's Sky had that many....

Freelancer was one of my first space-sims. I played Starlancer first, but I preferred Freelancer. Yes, that game was what got me into the genre - and will always hold a special place for me.

To me, that was Morrowind in space.

From there, I've played EgoSoft's X games since X3 Reunion and newer. Haven't got X4 yet though.

Keep in mind, I've been a PC Gamer since 1995, not before. While I should get caught up w/ older games like Wing Commander series and Privateer series - well, I just haven't.

#114069 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3234 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:50 AM

Keep in mind, I've been a PC Gamer since 1995, not before. While I should get caught up w/ older games like Wing Commander series and Privateer series - well, I just haven't.

You didn't respond to the lack of content in the game.  That's been something holding me back.  

It's next to impossible to go backwards.  Some of those games didn't age well, particularly when games like Freelancer came behind them.  

#114070 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:37 AM

You didn't respond to the lack of content in the game. That's been something holding me back.

It's next to impossible to go backwards. Some of those games didn't age well, particularly when games like Freelancer came behind them.

There is supposed to be DLC coming:
https://rebel-galaxy...september-2019/

Notes:
- There will be a free update w/ more ships coming
- Plans for DLC's with more content at some point
- ModKits are also planned sometime after console versions arrive

#114071 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAG in Training   21 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:28 AM

Shadowbringers was pretty good. A much better story than Stormblood and the ability to choose between a player party or NPCs for dungeons was nice, particularly if you’re farming for gear.

Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool. Admittedly, I still have quite a way to go before I get to Shadowbringers content. Still trudging through the base game's story, but I think I'm nearing the end. 

#114072 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1323 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:35 AM

And  Fuck you, I'm an awesome  Fuck ing friend! 

THIS IS HOW YOU END THE YEAR!!!

Happy New Year morans!

#114073 weretable   I'm your huckleberry CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:49 AM

Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool. Admittedly, I still have quite a way to go before I get to Shadowbringers content. Still trudging through the base game's story, but I think I'm nearing the end. 

They are reworking the base game stuff in the near future to make it less of an ordeal to get through.  It has too many quests that exist just to take up your time, especially the end right before you get to the first expansion.  A fair number of people quit before reaching Heavensward, which is a shame because the game is far more enjoyable once you get into that stuff.

#114074 zippybox   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:59 AM

From a central time zone McDowell's - Merry New Year!

YoD8dTF.png

#114075 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8806 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:35 AM

I think the worst part about all the Steam achievement stuff is how they're forcing me to try to find friends who are online to chat with.  I mean, I'm casually friends with some of ya'll but like you I'm "away" most of the time.  I never broadcast what I'm playing.  This is silliness.

This is why you have a farming alt.  Then you can do what I did and chat with them and view their stream (on old laptop), etc, etc.

EDIT:

I'm more annoyed at the stuff that require the new library interface, cause I blocked update because it sucked so bad.

#114076 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7413 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:40 AM

Speaking of humble. They keep emailing me warning this month is almost past and I should indeed not stay paused.

I do have humble choice so I get it all.

Ignoring Tomb Raider is this bundle actually worth the cost and is there any games that are suprisingly good? I don't own any of them except TR

I was going to pause for a month, but I bought it for Horizon Chase Turbo.  Reminded me of Outrun, and it's been one of my most played games ever since.  I know there were some people in the trading thread who wanted to buy or trade for some of the other titles though.  

#114077 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

REMEMBER GUYS JUST 12 HOURS TO PICK UP THE YOGSCAST BUNDLE

tenor.gif

#114078 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

Tim Swine gave 3 free games for New year's.
Thanks but you're still gonna need to try harder to get me to buy a game from EGS.
But keep it up Swine, free games are free after all.

#114079 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:00 PM

What % of people played even a single free game from EGS?

#114080 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10843 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:15 PM

#NeverEpic

#114081 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:37 PM

Put a few hours into Impossible Lair so far and my goodness, there is nothing in this God forsaken world that's as pure as a David Wise/Grant Kirkhope soundtrack.

#114082 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:43 PM

Heh, I was just looking at my playtime on the Epic app since I was curious how much time I actually put into the free games:

Subnautica 2 hours

Rayman Legends 45m

Everything 35m

Enter the Gungeon 50m

City of Brass 30m

I do plan on putting some time into Yooka Laylee in the next couple days and I would like to try Axiom Verge some day, but it's never been able to motivate me to move it up in my backlog.

Of course there's also games that I now have access to in multiple places. Steam is obviously the default preferred place to play something, but if I have it on Twitch and Epic, which version should I play? If I have it on Epic and Xbox Game Pass, do I play it on Epic since I own that version or do I play it on XGP and get achievements?

#114083 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:50 PM

I've spent more money at EGS than Steam this holiday season.  I'm over bitching about clients, I just wanna buy and not play my games in peace.

#114084 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8806 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

if I have it on Twitch and Epic, which version should I play?

I prefer youtube games over twitch.  Easier to find games to play that don't focus on the player.  Too many face-cams on twitch.

#114085 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   1426 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

Anyone want to team up and finish some of these silly holiday quests?

I still need:

• Invite a friend to play a game
  • Watch a friend's broadcast via chat 

EDIT - All done, still happy to help if anyone needs a hand.

I was getting a lot of server load error messages during the watch a friend's broadcast quest. This may help if you are getting those: https://steamcommuni...92655526258006/

#114086 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8806 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:22 PM

• Invite a friend to play a game

A heads up to anyone that didn't do this one yet.

It's seems to be kinda glitched for some games.

People had the most luck by using a game that supports "Remote Play Together" and inviting someone to "Remote Play Together" instead of just "Invite to Lobby" in any random multiplayer game.

When I did it, I didn't have to actually accept the invite.

#114087 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4787 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

This is why you have a farming alt. Then you can do what I did and chat with them and view their stream (on old laptop), etc, etc.

Oh, so like I used to do back in the day with Pokemon, a GBO and a GBC, and a link cable.

I haven’t even made an account. Selling my information to the Chinese gub’mint aside, I really don’t need yet another games client to juggle on my computer just for the sake of a bunch of free games I either have zero interest in or already own, nor even for the highly occasional halfway decent sale. #fakeassgamer

#114088 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8806 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

Putting this out there for anyone that needs "Watch a Friend's Broadcast"

This guy auto-accepts friend invites and is streaming 24/7.

https://steamcommuni...92655526258006/

I forgot to get that on my alt originally and I was getting "Steam broadcasting is overloaded" constantly when trying to get it today.  This guy's stream was quick and easy.

#114089 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

Played a little of Yooka2 and a little turned off by the atmosphere of the game, but I'll probably play some more. Also, the keybindings are insane and don't allow you to rebind. Did they choose those bindings to force you to use a controller? I'm not totally against using a controller, but in general I prefer using my keyboard. Guess this will have to be a controller only game for me.

#114090 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:49 PM

Good news... it's a brilliant team tactics game. The levels are huge and varied and it's just a remarkably well done game. If you even sort of like the genre, you should try it.

PSA: do not let this game sit unplayed on your Tim Sweeney's EGS account.

Its sat mostly unplayed on Steam, GoG and Humble DRM free so far. Why should Sweener's Epix gamez store be any different?