* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#114241 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21037 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

Nooo!  I was hoping they were remaking GTA IV in Unreal 5 with 4K HDR support and removing all DRM and making DLC for it.  

#114242 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:30 PM

Picked up a few open world Ubisoft games recently and so far I have not been disappointed:

Spoiler

#114243 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3570 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:00 PM

In olden times, grievances not even nearly as severe as GFWL were punishable by death. It's mere existence borders on evil, while it's nonexistence now causes much pain, suffering and minor inconveniences, some like the world has never known. This lapse in logic seems painfully obvious and unavoidable, considering it's been like 5 years since that shittyness got the axe.

#114244 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:38 PM

People play GTA IV?

#114245 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

GFWL sucks, but Rockstar sucks even more for not removing it by now.

#114246 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10843 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:14 PM

People play GTA IV?

Would have actually liked to play it but for SecuRom.

#114247 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10843 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:16 PM

Bill O'Brian is terrible.  One of those "we play to win every time" coaches.   Nice fake punt moron.  You were up 24-0. 

Look at the bright side: the Houston Oilers are in the AFC Championship game!

But speaking of Houston teams blowing massive leads...

#114248 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:57 PM

Would have actually liked to play it but for SecuRom.

Single-player campaign in GTA4 base-game actually is really good. That GTA probably has my favorite story & lead character (Nico) out of the GTA games. Mind you, GTA4 is way more realistic & grounded, compared to pretty much...every other GTA game since GTA3. Each DLC for Episodes from Liberty City got less (The Lost and the Damned) and less (The Ballad of Gay Tony) with each DLC.

Don't get me wrong, I really loved GTA5 and all - but that's the best overall package of all of the GTA games, IMHO. The game's a blast (especially as Trevor!!); the characters are really good even though they all remind me of another character from a GTA title (i.e. Michael reminds me of Tommy Viccetti; Franklin reminds me a lot of CJ from SA; and Trevor....is just basically Trevor as he plays like how most players play GTA in wanton destruction & madness mode).

Vice City is my favorite GTA and always will have a special place in my heart. Might not be the best one overall (i.e. that's GTA5 for me) and not have aged entirely well - but it was so great & fresh, back in the day. A stunning improvement over GTA3 for me (yes, also loved GTA3 - but GTA was a technical mess when it hit; Vice City was not). I really just loved the whole Miami vibe, the cast of characters, the Scarface references (yes, I love that movie!), the 80's setting/era, the music stations (it['s so 80's!!), the look, and everything about it. It felt like GTA went artsy & did a period piece.

#114249 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:18 PM

Nooo!  I was hoping they were remaking GTA IV in Unreal 5 with 4K HDR support and removing all DRM and making DLC for it.

All great ideas, IMHO...but probably not happening.

If anything, I'd guess...they'll move it over the Steamworks or (more likely) their own Rockstar Launcher.

While we're at it, I'd love to see some GTA5 Single-Player DLC too...but probably not happening either.

GTA Online, for better and/or for worse, is where the real $'s at for them.

#114250 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21037 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:58 AM

Picked up a few open world Ubisoft games recently and so far I have not been disappointed:

Spoiler

Okay, I've seen this happen a lot, not just here, but on Discords I'm on, but do people not know how to take screenshots?  Too lazy to do so?  Taking a picture of a computer screen just seems so dated. 

#114251 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:35 AM

Okay, I've seen this happen a lot, not just here, but on Discords I'm on, but do people not know how to take screenshots?  Too lazy to do so?  Taking a picture of a computer screen just seems so dated.

Lazy and dated...sounds about right! I take in-game pics so rarely that I wouldn’t know what key to hit or where to find a pic I took in uplay. Not to mention I’m sitting away from the screen using a gamepad. Thanks for caring though, Fox.

#114252 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3158 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:04 AM

That sounds like a pet peeve.

#114253 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21037 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:14 AM

Lazy and dated...sounds about right! I take in-game pics so rarely that I wouldn’t know what key to hit or where to find a pic I took in uplay. Not to mention I’m sitting away from the screen using a gamepad. Thanks for caring though, Fox.

Gamepad makes sense.  Ubi is actually way easier.  F12 just like steam and default is a folder in your pictures or documents.  Steam is a PITA.  F12 but then hidden in each games folder within the steam folder in program files so "easiest" way is to navigate to screenshots in Steam and hit the "Show on disk" button.  That button is harder to find with the new "improved" UI.  

That sounds like a pet peeve.

No, just curiosity, more so on Discord than here because I assume the Discord crowd is a little more tech savvy than your usual CAG boomer.  I assumed on Discord it's people using their phones and easier to just snap a pic and upload than go through the trouble of a screenshot.  

#114254 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3158 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

https://www.epicgame...e-games-in-2020

Epic Games Store Weekly Free Games in 2020!

Happy New Year!

New decade means new games and we’re looking at a great start with tons of amazing titles coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store in 2020. To kick things off, we’re extending our weekly free game program throughout 2020. Every single week, come back to claim your game. Once claimed, it’s yours to keep forever.

Thanks, MysterD!

#114255 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1401 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:06 PM

First gameplay trailer for Huniepop 2: Double Date

Can't wait.  It's a shame they still haven't given a release date yet.

#114256 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

photo-121564.png

#114257 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:15 AM

Anyone have any insight into the overall value of the Humble Sweet Farm Bundle?

#114258 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6576 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:18 AM

Anyone have any insight into the overall value of the Humble Sweet Farm Bundle?

Wario's tweet about it was something like "Stardew Valley + 6 other games for $10."

#114259 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1127 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:16 AM

I don't already own Stardew Valley, so I'm checking the Barter cesspool. Third tier Humble Bundle titles remain in relatively low supply.

#114260 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:39 AM

I'm of the general belief that if a game takes 10+ hours to finally start becoming enjoyable, it's probably not that good of a game to begin with. The lone exception to that was Stardew Valley. Those first 10 hours were such a boring, tedious grind-fest but the next 109 hours were pretty cool.

#114261 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14663 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:09 AM

photo-323588.png?_r=1467522551

#114262 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:27 PM

I played 3 new games on game pass this weekend. I was really looking forward to Lonely Mountain Downhill since it had gotten some acclaim and it sounded like my kind of game. It's cool, but the presentation is a little lackluster and the perspective is kind of a cool choice, but I feel like it makes the game overly difficult to play. Not that the game is hard, but with the low quality visuals and the game focusing almost entirely on you navigating terrain, choosing that camera angle seems like a bad idea.

While that was a bit of a disappointment, the other 2 were nice surprises. My Friend Pedro is a side-scroller shooter/platformer with the vibe of Hotline Miami mixed with Deadpool. It's not a really hardcore game like Hotline though; it's more of a casual shooter so far and I'm really enjoying the gameplay and tone.

Played a game of Frostpunk and lost because I didn't know what to prioritize. Started another game and ended up winning on Monday night. Pretty surprised I won my second game, but there's other scenarios, difficulties and an endless mode so there's definitely more to do although I feel like I might've seen most of the game in that 1 playthrough. I really enjoyed it, but strategy games can get repetitive so fast.

#114263 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

I started playing Witcher 3 for the very first time, am 32 hours in, and enjoying myself immensely. 

#114264 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:36 PM

Duh.

I started playing Witcher 3 for the very first time, am 32 hours in, and enjoying myself immensely. 

#114265 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:50 PM

You're welcome.

Hope you've enjoyed the free games that you've probably backlogged.

#114266 kemosahbe  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:53 PM

You're welcome.

Hope you've enjoyed the free games that you've probably backlogged.

Wait a minute, are we supposed to be playing these things? Thought it was a Pokemon situation and just have to collect them all.

#114267 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:53 PM

I'm of the general belief that if a game takes 10+ hours to finally start becoming enjoyable, it's probably not that good of a game to begin with. The lone exception to that was Stardew Valley. Those first 10 hours were such a boring, tedious grind-fest but the next 109 hours were pretty cool.

I think a lot of this long games that take a bit going - once, they (dev's realize) it's an issue, they really should supply a save, chapter start, or something...just to get past the boring and/or tutorial parts.

I'm sure games like DA:I (i.e. Hinterlands problem); ME:A (has the Hinterlands problem AGAIN on first planet!); Witcher 1 (the game & story takes a bit to get going); Assassin's Creed 3 (base-game) [it gets going once Connor gets older]; FF13-1 (takes a while to teach you the game's lingo, tutorials for game systems, etc); and probably numerous others that are loaded w/ tons of systems, content, story, backstory, complexities, and/or anything of that sort....could really use this.

#114268 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:50 PM

Wait a minute, are we supposed to be playing these things? Thought it was a Pokemon situation and just have to collect them all.

As long as you buy games from my Epic Store & continue to blow money on Fortnite skins, do what you like w/ those games.

#114269 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:17 AM

Finally got off Game Pass and bought a game. Picked up God of War (2018), pretty good stuff. Think I might have posted in the wrong thread. 

#114270 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:26 AM

Finally got off Game Pass and bought a game. Picked up God of War (2018), pretty good stuff. Think I might have posted in the wrong thread. 

Yeah, this is the Epic Game Store Thread.