* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#114751 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1428 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:31 PM

Fanatical is doing their "Bundle Blast" promotion now and one of the bundles they put up is pretty damn good:

https://www.fanatica...iller-bundle-12

Killer Bundle 12 - $3.99

Atari Vault

SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV STEAM EDITION

The Surge

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

I know a few of these have been bundled before, but I've never seen KOF XIV, SNK 20th Anniversary or Wonder Boy bundled before.

#114752 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21127 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

This is their big bundle for the event, so expect everything else to be repeats or tweaks of old bundles.

#114753 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Sorry to hear about the job situations, guys. Best wishes moving forward.

:grouphug:

Blade, if you're so inclined you may consider taking the C. Thomas Howell approach from 'Soul Man'...

Spoiler

Actually, don't do that.

#114754 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

"Your payment has been declined. Please try again." I used a vanilla visa prepaid card and checked the balance, way above $10. Also, the expiration date is years from now. Can't order :-(

Fanatical is doing their "Bundle Blast" promotion now and one of the bundles they put up is pretty damn good:

https://www.fanatica...iller-bundle-12

Killer Bundle 12 - $3.99

Atari Vault
SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV STEAM EDITION
The Surge
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

I know a few of these have been bundled before, but I've never seen KOF XIV, SNK 20th Anniversary or Wonder Boy bundled before.

#114755 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

Wonder Boy and Sherlock have been in recent Twitch Prime Loot promos, but this is still a good bundle.

From Feb. 20 to 27, Assassin's Creed Syndicate will be given away on Epic Games Store.

*Reminder that Ubisoft games on Epic redeem on Uplay and don't subsequently require using Epic's launcher.*

Looks to be a good complement to my unplayed Unity copy from last year's Ubisoft giveaway. I would love to see a Watch_Dogs 2 giveaway in the future, but slim chance of it on Epic as it's already in the store. Little Inferno is the only exception that I can think of.

#114756 Reds303  

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:25 PM

"Your payment has been declined. Please try again." I used a vanilla visa prepaid card and checked the balance, way above $10. Also, the expiration date is years from now. Can't order :-(

Did you register a shipping address with the card? Sometimes that is why they get declined.

#114757 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7827 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

Do you have a PayPal account?  I use prepaid debit cards on my PayPal to purchase Fanatical bundles all the time.  Just make the prepaid card your preferred form of payment on your account.

#114758 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:23 AM

Man, that SNK 40th Anniversary Collection brings back some memories, both arcade and NES. Crystalis, Ikari Warriors series, and Street Smart bring back all kinds of old school memories.

#114759 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:40 AM

Man, that SNK 40th Anniversary Collection brings back some memories, both arcade and NES. Crystalis, Ikari Warriors series, and Street Smart bring back all kinds of old school memories.

I spent nearly $50 on Beast Busters at my local skating rink when I was roughly 13. Only $20 of it was money that I arrived with. Had to... "make" the rest, but I beat that game. #TurningTricksForTokens

#114760 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:25 AM

Update on the Space Elite Force post I made...

Done with all cheesemos.  Total time 114 minutes (including an extra 20+ minutes replaying infinity mode).

I think there are 7 stages.

Hardcore mode just cuts health in half and you have to start from the beginning if you die.

Infinity mode is what it sounds like.  You can buy upgrades when you die.  It's fun, but either the game is crap at pulling enemy patterns or it just liked throwing a certain enemy set at me.  I didn't count, but it was the same group of enemies for at least a couple minutes.

I kept having slowdown issues where it seemed the game was freezing while loading a sound or something, but I don't see any complaints in the steam forums, so it was probably some weird bug on my system.  It's why I wound up dying during my final run of infinity mode.

Corrections.

There are two types of 2x powerups.  One for upgrade points and one for score.  There also a health powerup that restores some health.

The ship speed is fine.

There are some baby's first bullet hell patterns in earlier stages.

I still say not worth full price.  Unless you're super into shmups and/or getting highscores on leaderboards.

#114761 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:43 AM

Do you have a PayPal account? I use prepaid debit cards on my PayPal to purchase Fanatical bundles all the time. Just make the prepaid card your preferred form of payment on your account.

I have a paypal with the card and it seemed to work but after the transaction it took me back to fanatical saying payment provider refused this order. no idea why. i am able to normally make transactions and have over $30 on the card. oh well. thanks for the help, regardless.

#114762 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:24 AM

Oh... fun story about SNK arcade machines.

It was my last real birthday party, I was in 2nd or 3rd grade.  I talked my mom to letting me have the party at the local arcade.  Sounded like a great idea, until only 3 people came... and to have a party at the arcade you had to buy $100-200 in tokens.  So I got to walk around the arcade with like, $50+ in tokens in my pockets and I just kept putting quarters tokens in a SNK Baseball Stars 2 for some reason.

Also, another fun arcade memory...

I was probably about maybe 7ish, with my older sister.  I was playing Goonies, or watching her play Goonies...  When some old man grabs me and drags me a few machines away.  He let me go though, so no full kidnapping.  :whee:

#114763 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:15 AM

Oh... fun story about SNK arcade machines.

I was probably about maybe 7ish, with my older sister. I was playing Goonies, or watching her play Goonies... When some old man grabs me and drags me a few machines away. He let me go though, so no full kidnapping. :whee:

source.gif

#114764 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:51 AM

I was probably about maybe 7ish, with my older sister.  I was playing Goonies, or watching her play Goonies...  When some old man grabs me and drags me a few machines away.  He let me go though, so no full kidnapping.  :whee:

Pedophiles have standards?  Who knew...

#114765 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5190 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition is coming to Steam (and XBox) on Friday, March 13th, 2020:
https://www.stateofd...ernaut-edition/

As a fan of the first game, I found the sequel incredibly disappointing. It felt like 1.5 ... I really hope they launch a third game that significantly enhances what the first game did right.

#114766 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5650 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

Pedophiles have standards?  Who knew...

Nah, he just greased himself up before he went, so the guy lost his grip. . . .

#114767 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4720 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:46 PM

Nah, he just greased himself up before he went, so the guy lost his grip. . . .

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a31a77d666d7a7f9134

#114768 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1784 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

A little somethin for all the toasters in the audience:

https://www.pcgamer....eyre-very-cheap

#114769 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:11 AM

A little somethin for all the toasters in the audience:

https://www.pcgamer....eyre-very-cheap

Both Dishonored series & MachineGames' Wolfenstein Reboot series are awesome.

Glad to see these go DRM-FREE on GOG. Hopefully, these both get GOG Connect support with Steam, as I own these all on Steam - so I can be the happy toaster that could have them both on Steam and GOG. :)

Speaking of Wolfenstein, since it's in the XB for PC Game Pass, I need to play more of Youngblood; it's solid, so far.

#114770 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:36 AM

Apropos of nothing, I never used to have an opinion about kazoos, but Facebook’s new YouTube ads have made me loathe them. I imagine I’ll have to fight the urge to punch anyone I see playing a kazoo for the rest of my life. Thanks for making my life that little bit less genial, Facebook, Google, you guys suck.

#114771 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:01 AM

I imagine I’ll have to fight the urge to punch anyone I see playing a kazoo for the rest of my life.

8ZAkuzB.gif

#114772 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11322 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:24 AM

Apropos of nothing, I never used to have an opinion about kazoos, but Facebook’s new YouTube ads have made me loathe them. I imagine I’ll have to fight the urge to punch anyone I see playing a kazoo for the rest of my life. Thanks for making my life that little bit less genial, Facebook, Google, you guys suck.

I thought there was nothing that would make me hate kazoos more than vuvuzelas. I was wrong. 

#114773 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9027 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:29 AM

lol you use Facebook.

tenor.gif

#114774 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:35 AM

lol you use Facebook.

lol you can’t read

tenor.gif

#114775 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:05 PM

These two above posts are cool - heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

tenor.gif

#114776 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

Two new free games on My MysterD the Epic Game Store:

Faeria:

https://www.epicgame...uct/faeria/home

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate:

https://www.epicgame...-syndicate/home

Next week's freebie = Inner Space.

#114777 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:02 PM

Just accidentally erased the drive I had all my old Desura and Indie Royale shit (and a bunch of other stuff) archived on. Running data recovery now, but as an incurable packrat, I’m feeling a bit woozy.

#114778 SeriousGeorge   horrendusness CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SeriousGeorge

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

Verbose discussion of backup strategy from MysterD in 3, 2, 1

#114779 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21127 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

Just accidentally erased the drive I had all my old Desura and Indie Royale shit (and a bunch of other stuff) archived on. Running data recovery now, but as an incurable packrat, I’m feeling a bit woozy.

Seagate was giving out a free recovery software in case that might help. Search on SD for it.

#114780 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:11 PM

Seagate was giving out a free recovery software in case that might help. Search on SD for it.

Thanks for the tip, though I was already able to grab a free tool that seems to be doing the job.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic