* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#115651 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5596 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 April 2020 - 01:21 AM

I just can't see spending 1200 or more on a tv.  The most I have ever spent is around 400-500 range for my 60+ inch phillips smart tv. 

#115652 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 01:36 AM

I'm playing metal gear solid 5, it was in a humble bundle a long ass time ago just got around to it...it's good! I've played MG 2/3/4 and this is easily my favorite one. Gameplay is the best of the series and there hasn't been any 700 hour long cutscenes so far (i know that's a feature of the series and a lot of people like it but it's not for me). Solid, i recommend it if you like stealth

#115653 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25891 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 02:39 AM

Flawlout 76 update:

Ahhh, good old Fallout 76.

The game that keeps on giving (in entertainment to us, with more issues & problems than you can mention)....

...and also now taking too (from players - literally).

#115654 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 25 April 2020 - 03:52 AM

I'm playing metal gear solid 5, it was in a humble bundle a long ass time ago just got around to it...it's good! I've played MG 2/3/4 and this is easily my favorite one. Gameplay is the best of the series and there hasn't been any 700 hour long cutscenes so far (i know that's a feature of the series and a lot of people like it but it's not for me). Solid, i recommend it if you like stealth

As much as I wanted to enjoy MGSV, I just couldn't get into it. The core gameplay is damn near impeccable but the open world and Mother Base stuff just wasn't for me. And unfortunately those seemed to be significant parts of the game. Now Ground Zeroes, that was much more my speed: One single, dense, expertly-crafted base to infiltrate and explore with decent replayability. I know it got a lot of shit for being a glorified paid demo but it was legitimately one of the best stealth game experiences I've ever had.

#115655 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 05:10 AM

As much as I wanted to enjoy MGSV, I just couldn't get into it. The core gameplay is damn near impeccable but the open world and Mother Base stuff just wasn't for me. And unfortunately those seemed to be significant parts of the game. Now Ground Zeroes, that was much more my speed: One single, dense, expertly-crafted base to infiltrate and explore with decent replayability. I know it got a lot of shit for being a glorified paid demo but it was legitimately one of the best stealth game experiences I've ever had.

The gameplay is great but yeah the mother base stuff is meh and the open world is pretty lame, there's not really much there, just selecting missions out of a menu and then going to the outpost to do the mission. But the gameplay is fun enough that for me it doesn't matter. I'm not a huge stealth fan so i'm not the best arbiter probably but i'd say this is looking like one of my top 5-10 stealth games i've played (thief 1 is still my favorite). 

#115656 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6762 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:17 AM

The gameplay is great but yeah the mother base stuff is meh and the open world is pretty lame, there's not really much there, just selecting missions out of a menu and then going to the outpost to do the mission. But the gameplay is fun enough that for me it doesn't matter. I'm not a huge stealth fan so i'm not the best arbiter probably but i'd say this is looking like one of my top 5-10 stealth games i've played (thief 1 is still my favorite).

MGSV is a great stealth game. It’s not a great Metal Gear game. Still dig it for what it is though and honestly, MGS4 was such a good swan song there wasn’t anything else to add to the story.

#115657 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:56 AM

I just can't see spending 1200 or more on a tv.  The most I have ever spent is around 400-500 range for my 60+ inch phillips smart tv. 

It all comes down to value and it''s going to be different for everyone. I bought my first 4K OLED just after I had a kid. I knew I wouldn't have as much time for gaming and I knew I'd be home a LOT. It ended up being an incredible investment and it really opened my eyes in terms of what I'd been missing out on with 4K content, and like Nothing said, it brought the older non-4K content I already owned to another level. I mentioned this before, but if you enjoy film at all, it is at least worth looking into. You're finally able to see films at home the way they were meant to be seen and it's pretty great. And my wife doesn't care about it at all so if nothing else I know I'll get all this shit in the divorce.

#115658 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 25 April 2020 - 09:07 AM

I will say this--if you do start upgrading I highly recommend selling the digital copies that come with the physical UHD. No joke I have made over a thousand dollars selling those things and they practically paid off my entire OLED65E8.

I've saved even more money... I buy those codes. Cheaper than a movie ticket.

#115659 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25891 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:03 PM

Man, all of this Metal Gear talk.

I would love for PC ports of all the old NES Metal Gears (since they did release all Castlevania & Contra classics) and all of the Metal Gear Solids since MGS1 on PSX.

I really enjoyed Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge on the NES.

Port the rest here to the PC, Konami!

I need to get at MGSV: Definitive PC someday, since I have that...

#115660 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5139 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:58 PM

Imagine liking the bastardized NES versions of Metal Gear instead of the glorious MSX versions.

#115661 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25891 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 01:08 PM

Imagine liking the bastardized NES versions of Metal Gear instead of the glorious MSX versions.

I didn't have my first real Windows computer until 1995.

Anyways, I'd be fine w/ other versions - especially if they're better - coming to the PC officially with a re-release too. Since Konami packed in other versions of Contra and Castlevania into their Collection; and even SNK put multiple versions of their games (NES, Arcade, etc) in their 40th Anniversary Collection - can't see why Konami also can't do the same.

Historic stuff like the MG series/MGS series should be preserved officially by these companies.

#115662 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11345 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 25 April 2020 - 09:58 PM

I didn't have my first real Windows computer until 1995.

Anyways, I'd be fine w/ other versions - especially if they're better - coming to the PC officially with a re-release too. Since Konami packed in other versions of Contra and Castlevania into their Collection; and even SNK put multiple versions of their games (NES, Arcade, etc) in their 40th Anniversary Collection - can't see why Konami also can't do the same.

Historic stuff like the MG series/MGS series should be preserved officially by these companies.

That's easy... they'd not do it because they're Konami.

#115663 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5167 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:47 AM

FIIN4-I03GY-2WLXF

Town of Herpes

IL3A5-GJBIX-D2C43

Planet COVID-19

#115664 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:25 AM

FIIN4-I03GY-2WLXF

Town of Herpes

IL3A5-GJBIX-D2C43

Planet COVID-19

I acquired herpes.....thanks!

#115665 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:32 AM

0708_Crab_People03.gif

#115666 UberZerstorer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

UberZerstorer

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:46 AM

I acquired herpes.....thanks!

WHAT! lol

#115667 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:24 PM

Alien Isolation is only $2 today (less for Monthly subscribers):

Steam

Humble

EDIT: Just realized there's already a dedicated thread for this.

#115668 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3737 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:39 PM

Steam

Humble

tenor.gif

#115669 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:01 AM

Steam

Humble

if you don't have it, buy it, it's really good. it's too long is the only complaint i have, but it's well worth 2 bucks

#115670 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5139 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:19 AM

Eh, it’s no Colonial Marines.

#115671 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5167 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 06:26 AM

PDGFH-MHE4K-3PBEW

Dead Age

#115672 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25891 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:33 AM

Eh, it’s no Colonial Marines.

Wait. Tebow, is that you? ;)

Have you spent another 200+ hours w/ Gearbox's "best" game?

aliens-colonial-marines-dance-600x338.gi

#115673 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10122 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:52 PM

Decided to take a chance on another rogue like card game. This one is Meteorfall: Krumit's Tale still in early access.

I have played a decent amount of this (very addicting) and it's a good one. First of all the graphics are very Adventure Time like and quite nice. The sounds are also excellent and sound very action packed and all. The gameplay is unique where you have a board that I believe is 3x4 that has enemies as well as your own decks items. There are 4 characters that all play differently and get their own unique cards and some powers. You pretty much have to clear out every enemy and after that you move onto the next area. Everything other than the order the cards come out in is very deterministic. If you do 2 damage every turn in battle you will do that. It makes the numbers add up easier though abilities and cards make some of the math a little harder to predict. You can have 4 items on your character at a time that could be weapons, items, potions, armor, abilities, etc... Balancing when you can take out enemies easily or with just some damage is the draw of the game. There are some status ailments in freeze, poison and burn, which can help you out. Frankly it gets hard quickly after a few stages and becomes punishing later. I think a decent problem is in the later stages figuring out how to build yourself up early as all the fights are hard. Every few stages has a boss in it too which are difficult. Another major flaw is that every enemy has a set attack pattern, but in the actual fights I'm not sure if there is a way to check them. In the before you enter an area screen there you can click the enemies and see the attacks, but I'm not sure how to do it when the level starts. This is needed as I said everything is deterministic in battles. Honestly the whole game is very original and very unique. It's super fun and I'm sure will be great when released. It's fully featured already in its early access form. 8/10

Edit: You can get in and back out of a battle you don't want to fight to see the enemies attacks. I would prefer to see them on mouse over or right clicking them or something. A bit cumbersome.

#115674 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25891 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:56 PM

Looks like XCOM-style strategy/RPG fans, can rejoice again!

Last week was the really good XCOM Chimera Squad...

...but this week, it's in the Gears franchise!

Gears Tactics is also reviewing very well:

https://www.bluesnew...threadid=210425

#115675 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5139 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:01 PM

Wait. Tebow, is that you? ;)
Have you spent another 200+ hours w/ Gearbox's "best" game.

I can only rate Isolation at 14 spanskys out of 9001 hours of Colonial Marines.

#115676 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:18 PM

Decided to take a chance on another rogue like card game. This one is Meteorfall: Krumit's Tale still in early access.

I have played a decent amount of this (very addicting) and it's a good one. First of all the graphics are very Adventure Time like and quite nice. The sounds are also excellent and sound very action packed and all. The gameplay is unique where you have a board that I believe is 3x4 that has enemies as well as your own decks items. There are 4 characters that all play differently and get their own unique cards and some powers. You pretty much have to clear out every enemy and after that you move onto the next area. Everything other than the order the cards come out in is very deterministic. If you do 2 damage every turn in battle you will do that. It makes the numbers add up easier though abilities and cards make some of the math a little harder to predict. You can have 4 items on your character at a time that could be weapons, items, potions, armor, abilities, etc... Balancing when you can take out enemies easily or with just some damage is the draw of the game. There are some status ailments in freeze, poison and burn, which can help you out. Frankly it gets hard quickly after a few stages and becomes punishing later. I think a decent problem is in the later stages figuring out how to build yourself up early as all the fights are hard. Every few stages has a boss in it too which are difficult. Another major flaw is that every enemy has a set attack pattern, but in the actual fights I'm not sure if there is a way to check them. In the before you enter an area screen there you can click the enemies and see the attacks, but I'm not sure how to do it when the level starts. This is needed as I said everything is deterministic in battles. Honestly the whole game is very original and very unique. It's super fun and I'm sure will be great when released. It's fully featured already in its early access form. 8/10

I am loving these mainly because I have noticed you also have an interest in card games like I do. I would love to get a ranking list of all the card games that you have played if you don't mind. 

#115677 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3737 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:39 PM

it's really good. it's too long is the only complaint i have

That's what she...

No. No, she didn't say that... Nevermind.

#115678 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10122 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:46 PM

I am a mad consumer of rogue lite/like games and card games in general. I'm not going to be as original in saying Slay the Spire is likely the one I've played the most. It's one of my go-to games on the Switch and the mods are neat on the PC version with The Animator and The Duelist being my favorites. Ascension is my go to game on mobile though I own it on PC too. Plays quickly and is a nice deck builder. Honestly I feel too many games are just trying to be the next Slay the Spire and borrow too heavily, such as Neoverse, which is very decent though flawed. My favorite deckbuilding game so far is Dominion, though I haven't played all the newer ones. I don't know why an official application of that one never panned out. Would be my go to on phone if it existed, though Androminion was good though wasn't updated after a while. I just hope more games get a bit more creative like Krumit's Tales.   

#115679 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1579 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 06:04 PM

I am loving these mainly because I have noticed you also have an interest in card games like I do. I would love to get a ranking list of all the card games that you have played if you don't mind. 

Out of curiosity, do you partake in any deck building physical card / board games?

#115680 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9161 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2020 - 06:43 PM

As much as I'm not in love with what we did over the weekend, it's nice to see the Vikings "winning the draft" through the collective grades of analysts and analytics and the Packers at the very bottom.  I was actually pretty upset that they didn't move up and grab another top WR in this "deepest WR class ever", nor target and move up for any particular talent from rounds 2 through 4 at all.  So they got the autodraft right, congrats.  Sucks to be Aaron Rodgers lol.  I laughed when I opened Twitter on Thursday and read the "he's going to treat him (Jordan Love) like family" comments. 

EWi-Ye-Qo-Xg-AMljz-G-1.jpg

Are you happy with your team's draft?