* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#115711 itsmedave   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:49 PM

Humble Bundle Freebies for anyone who wants them

Darkness 2

KT5BA-GQFVZ-WJZ5N

Spec Ops

N2CIB-QF8AR-J243M

Carnival Games VR

MLQC0-6DW34-WFN45

Borderlands GOTY Enhanced

9QTDP-FZMCB-PYYK3

#115712 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25712 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

Lots of EA Stuff on sale on EA Origin and Amazon Digital Video Games.

Madden NFL '20 is around $14.

BF1 is $3.

ME: Andromeda is $4.

ME2 DLC Pack, ME3 DLC Pack, and DA2 DLC packs on Origin are at a new low of 70% off each.

#115713 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9046 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:49 PM

Titanfall 2 is $2.99 on Amazon and Origin.

#115714 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:08 PM

BF1 is $3.
ME2 DLC Pack, ME3 DLC Pack, and DA2 DLC packs on Origin are at a new low of 70% off each.

The ME DLC packs historic lows like 10 years after the games were released cost as much as or more than the decidedly not historical low for the entire trilogy currently available at Amazon.

EA’s funny. I’ll kill them first.

#115715 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:55 PM

What are some great PC exclusives from the last few years? Finally decided to build a new computer which I hadn't done in 10 years, had just been using a laptop. I got Bannerlord, and Disco Elysium. Let me know of any other good exclusives.

Not necessarily the greatest PC exclusive, but I'll mention it anyways: American Truck Simulator. And I'm being totally serious. Very niche game but it and Euro Truck 2 have given me so much more enjoyment than I ever would've previously expected. ATS has become my go-to game for just relaxing and listening to music. Has a demo and goes on sale for $5 every month. Huge modding community and excellent developer support.

#115716 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2020 - 10:16 PM

Thanks! Some of those games I haven't heard of.

I am constantly looking for another game to get me hooked like Slay the Spire and Into the Breach did. Both are easily my two most played games in the last decade (outside of Hearthstone). I was trying to figure out why I like those games so much versus other games and I think it is because of the three things. One is the deep strategy planning that both need for you to be successful. Plus turn based combat. But the third reason is something unique to them versus most games, and that is that you know what the enemy is going to do next turn and thus you need to respond to that move. For some reason that very specific mechanic is what really draws me to these games. Needing to solve that puzzle is what hooks me. Or at least I think....

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but Monster Train is very similar to StS, but has a nice twist where you're putting down minions to defend and placement is important. I've played a few different deck-builders and I was pretty impressed by this one. There's a decent number of options they have while playing to keep it fresh. It also does a decent job of showing you what the result of your actions will be for the next turn. 

The beta ended recently and they haven't announced the release date yet, but it'll be some time in the next 2 months: https://store.steamp.../Monster_Train/

I decided to use my $10 Epic coupon on Griftlands before that expired. I haven't been able to really get into it though. It's a deck-builder, but they filled it with more rpg trappings like adding a bunch of reading. I'm not against reading, but I'm not sure if that's what I want in a rogue-like. I also don't think I like the plot, characters or world here. I'm kind of sad because Klei is usually such a good developer. Oh, well, it's still early access and I should give it more chances before I judge it too harshly. In case you are interested in it, they are going to raise the price to $20 soon, but it's also been on sale in the past.

#115717 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10014 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2020 - 10:45 PM

The Monster Train beta rocked. It got challenging quickly but I ended up winning twice I think with each of the starting heroes in the beta. I am ready to buy that one whenever it comes out. Very good. 

#115718 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1564 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:28 AM

I played the Monster Train beta, I think due to nitrosmob recommending it. I thought it was good, but I think I am bit spoiled by StS. I also tried Nowhere Prophet and it is also good and see why people like it, but again for me, not near StS levels. I do want to try Griftlands eventually but I think I will wait for a Steam release.

A game by the name of Trials of Fire looks very promising to me. The first review mentions it being mold of StS and Battle Brothers. Two games that I really enjoy. I think I will give that a go soon. 

Speaking of Battle Brothers, I highly recommend it for those of you who like turn based, grid based strategy games. It is very hard and very good. It is also going to release on the Switch this year and can't wait to play it on the go.

#115719 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8934 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:53 AM

Apparently you can get a copy of Gato Roboto for creating a new Alienware Arena account.

I'm not going to bother trying.

http://devolver.link/GatoAW

Saw it here.

https://www.steamgif...to-on-alienware

Game link...

https://store.steamp...30/Gato_Roboto/

#115720 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:09 AM

BF1 is $3.

I finally bit when the DLC hit 50% off thinking EA wouldn't lower it for those 3 anymore... Oh well. Still hoping they put Unravel 2, Fe, and A Way Out for 75% off soon. A couple of those have been 75% off on Switch of all places.

#115721 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2250 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:15 AM

Apparently you can get a copy of Gato Roboto for creating a new Alienware Arena account.

Saw it here.

Game link...

Worked for me with a new email address. It also put me at Level 2 of their rewards program which is somewhat helpful.

#115722 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:45 AM

Saw it here.

Game link...

I hope there are silver points for beating up Mr Gato Roboto.

#115723 bers817  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:59 PM

Can anyone here recommend a good pair of gaming headphones for PC/PS4? I currently have the Gen1 PS Gold wireless headset but I don't like them enough to buy the Gen2's, I prefer my mics to have a boom. I was looking at the Steel Series Arctis 5 mainly because they are on sale at GameStop for $60. I was also thinking about Astro A20's or Turtlebeach Stealth 600's.

Edit: I don't mind wired headsets, my main concern is great audio input/output.

#115724 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:25 PM

You know, I don't know why, but I've got a sudden overwhelming urge to play the original SimCity, specifically on an iPad. It's not even my favorite SimCity, but that's the version it needs to be, and it has to be on a tablet for some reason.

And of course EA doesn't sell the original SimCity on any mobile device, so now I've somehow managed to depress myself for no real reason. Fuck

#115725 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:25 PM

Can anyone here recommend a good pair of gaming headphones for PC/PS4?

I use a HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset for PS4.  My exact model seem to have been retired.  Its wireless.  I'm pretty happy with it and it works with all three platforms but Ive never used it on anything but PS4.  (I use a different headset for my PC.)

#115726 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1786 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:51 PM

You know, I don't know why, but I've got a sudden overwhelming urge to play the original SimCity, specifically on an iPad. It's not even my favorite SimCity, but that's the version it needs to be, and it has to be on an tablet for some reason.

And of course EA doesn't sell the original SimCity on any mobile device, so now I've somehow managed to depress myself for no real reason. Fuck

Theres some alternatives, mostly theotown, and pocket city

#115727 bers817  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:51 PM

I use a HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset for PS4.  My exact model seem to have been retired.  Its wireless.  I'm pretty happy with it and it works with all three platforms but Ive never used it on anything but PS4.  (I use a different headset for my PC.)

What do you use for PC?

#115728 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:02 PM

Theres some alternatives, mostly theotown, and pocket city

I'm aware, but like I said, it has to be original SimCity for some reason, and it has to be on a tablet (otherwise I'd just play it on one of those DOS abandonware sites). It's a really weird compulsion.

Thanks for the tips, though.

#115729 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4831 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:20 PM

Just got a key for Mars or Die on Alienware Arena. Tremendous!

#115730 kemosahbe  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:30 PM

Tremendous? Sounds like fake news

MjFknF0.png

#115731 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8934 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:33 PM

Tremendous? Sounds like fake news

You say that like he's gonna play it.

#115732 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10014 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:07 PM

I fell for the cheap price of Driftlands after lastemp3ror mentioned it, but honestly I heartidly agree with their sentiment. I also feel it's way too bogged down in characters and story I frankly don't give much of a care about. The UI is a freakin' mess too. I like some ideas like leveling up cards and enhancements (like artifacts in Slay the Spire), but I feel it's missing something. The art is really great looking. I feel the game is so slow at times. Everything feels like a drag and some battles take way longer than needed. Also they have separate negotiation battles, which take a bit of getting used to, but are kind of OK afterwards. The problem is they get old extremely quickly. The physical battles feel very similar to Slay the Spire but way more clunky. In STS choosing cards is quick and here everything just feels a little jank with selecting cards and all. It's hard to explain, but it never feels 100% clean. It's very full featured even not being the full game yet. I like the game but I don't love it. I'm pretty sure I may put this one to rest for good. I honestly don't like how long it takes to get quests and the story is just filled with terminology I don't care about. The negotiation battles are also flawed and feel too similar most of the time. I'm going to give it a not recommend just because I feel Slay the Spire just does everything it does and better. 6.5/10

#115733 elessar123  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:07 PM

I have a HyperX Cloud Pro, wired. My only complaint is that it gets really uncomfortable after a couple hours. But I do like the overall design of it. They made the things you usually wish for on headsets available.

Sennheiser 598s are really comfortable, but they're not headsets. Just good headphones. And then you can add a Boom mic. I think some people here do that.

#115734 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11115 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

I'm aware, but like I said, it has to be original SimCity for some reason, and it has to be on a tablet (otherwise I'd just play it on one of those DOS abandonware sites). It's a really weird compulsion.Thanks for the tips, though.

If you were really serious, you'd buy a Windows tablet or folding laptop to run it on from an abandonware site!

#115735 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:25 PM

If you were really serious, you'd buy a Windows tablet or folding laptop to run it on from an abandonware site!

But laptops are de debil, everyone in this thread tells me so.

Also don’t tempt me.

#115736 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8934 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:14 PM

I'm aware, but like I said, it has to be original SimCity for some reason, and it has to be on a tablet (otherwise I'd just play it on one of those DOS abandonware sites). It's a really weird compulsion.

Thanks for the tips, though.

Could always get dosbox on that ipad.

#115737 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:12 PM

Anybody been playing anything good of late?

Well, I believe Persona 5 Royal is good. Yes, I already played P5 on the PS3, but still bought Royal day one. I'm about 74 -75 hours in according to the game clock. I'm infiltrating the 4th Palace currently. There have been a number of changes to both the story content and the combat portions. The story additions have been so far good. The combat changes...well, I think they have made a simple game almost too easy now. I hadn't used any of the DLC Personas or items through the third palace, and I still ended up with almost half a million yen just from the palaces and a single Mementos run (admittedly, on a rainy day). That allowed me to buy the (still) most broken item in the game: SP Adhesive 3. Now I really am just breezing through the battles for the next story bit. I definitely still love the game. Perhaps I should have started on a harder difficulty, but now, even if I raised it, it wouldnt be that much different.

The other game I bounce to is Mass Effect Andromeda. As I mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I enjoy playing the game. It might even be fair to say that I enjoy the 'play' of the game as much, if not more than any of the original trilogy. However, I still dont really *care* about the game. I barely know what the main thread is anymore, partially because the game is lousy with side content. I'd rather do a side mission where I have to get into combat rather than talk with the people around the Nexus and settlements - even though those characters tend to have a lot of backstory to them. I just dont care. BUT I still think I'm going to finish the game with a high completion percentage as I really like the mechanics. Go figure.

#115738 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25712 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:27 PM

Looks like Assassin's Creed: Valhalla will be revealed tomorrow at 8AM EST:

https://www.theverge...ncement-ubisoft

#115739 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:25 AM

Could always get dosbox on that ipad.

Yeah, I'm gonna jailbreak it one of these days. Or figure out whatever the trick is to installing that kinda stuff without jailbreaking, I dunno. I'm lazy.

#115740 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2675 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:35 AM

Well, I believe Persona 5 Royal is good. Yes, I already played P5 on the PS3, but still bought Royal day one. I'm about 74 -75 hours in according to the game clock. I'm infiltrating the 4th Palace currently. There have been a number of changes to both the story content and the combat portions. The story additions have been so far good. The combat changes...well, I think they have made a simple game almost too easy now. I hadn't used any of the DLC Personas or items through the third palace, and I still ended up with almost half a million yen just from the palaces and a single Mementos run (admittedly, on a rainy day). That allowed me to buy the (still) most broken item in the game: SP Adhesive 3. Now I really am just breezing through the battles for the next story bit. I definitely still love the game. Perhaps I should have started on a harder difficulty, but now, even if I raised it, it wouldnt be that much different.

Taking over this thread with P5R discussion?  Excellent.

And yeah, I'm lv49 and difficulty has evaporated due to some ridiculous persona builds.  Especially once Network Fusion opens and makes endgame persona traits accessible.  But building them is fun in itself.  That said, there are some difficulty spikes which are real even with an OP deck (such as the "space" palace boss).