* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#115771 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14962 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know about the bundle or the sale and snapped it up. Seven Capcom arcade brawlers for $10!

We should have a thread here at CAG for deals like this!

Pfft, who needs that? I went to TrumpCat's thread (who is mine and your purrsident, so suck it off Gorbachov!) and saw some tremendous deals for Arcade1UP cabinets that were ONLY $50!

So I went to my local Walmart (thanks Jesus for capitalism, those poor dumb retail workers should feel lucky to even get paid at all to be part of such a great company) because I noticed that there were 7 Pac-Man cabinets with risers in stock for $50. Turns out some libtard drove 4 hours to buy them all (probably an illegal immigrant with his unemployment check!) and I ended up having to buy a RAMPAGE cabinet and a riser SEPARATELY.

Now all I need to do is buy another Pi, new controls, a new circuit board, a new power supply, and a new monitor, then put in a day of work to set it all up, and I'll be able to play those games too! Might cost me $200 total, but it's totally going to be worth it! Thanks for all the money the Democats didn't want to give us, TrumpCat! #MakeArcadesGreatAgain

#115772 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25861 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:16 AM

Played some Streets of Rage 4 on XB for PC Game Pass yesterday and today.

And finished it!

Took about 5 hours to go through Story Mode and its 12 Stages/Levels, on my first run. I was playing on Normal, so...those finishing earlier must be great at this game, speed-runners, and/or maybe playing on Easy Mode. The game does have its difficulty spikes here and there - but, I still managed my way through it, somehow and some way.

The game's awesome. This game has no performance issues or hiccups on anything I tossed it at. I tried my Acer gaming laptop (i7 4720HQ; 16 GB RAM; 4GB GTX 960m; W10 x64) and also my SC15 laptop (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64) - and it run perfect. Runs smooth as can be and plays great, feeling like another old-school Streets of Rage game. If that's what you wanted - i.e. another Streets of Rage game - you're going to feel right at home here. Butter smooth controls. It just feels great, on my Xbox for Windows PC Gamepad (USB-based).

While SoR4 doesn't entirely look like the old-style of SoR games with their graphics in style here, as that was in a much different style - well, this game with its new look really looks great, with a lot of its graphics looking like a mixture between cel-shaded, comic book look, and a hand-drawn painting. No matter what, it still just looks fantastic here, in its new art style.

Plenty of nods and nostalgia to other classic SoR games are here - characters, enemies, levels, and whatnot. Music sounds like it could've also been plucked right out of that era, also - with some synth-pop, House music, and other things that were popular in the 80's and 90's; especially in these kind of brawlers. And it all has that electronic and MIDI-feel & video-game type of sound to it, from that era...and also some from this current era. And it all sounds great.

Taking something from MK games & Tekken games, in combat (which is most of this game, BTW), you can also juggle opponents in the air with more hits and attacks. Hit enemies in a row fast and/or without taking hits, you can pull off combos. And yes. combos are counted on-screen for number of hits, too. You get graded and scored per each level, so if you're looking to beat your friends' online score and/or Grade...or just trying to do better, you can go ahead and do so. You also have a Lifetime Score you accumulate for your play-through, so there's that too.

Once you finish Story mode once, you can unlock Stage Select (for whatever difficulty you finished). This way, if there's a certain stage you want to re-do and take on, go at it. Have at it! Also, there seems to be unlock-ables here - i.e. unlock-able characters, that you can play as in the game - as I've unlocked one character while playing mid-game somewhere and another after finishing Story Mode for my first go around here.

The Story itself here is not anything special, as you'd expect from a SoR game. I don't think most came here for that anyways. Don't expect depth, character analysis, or any of that. Though, it'll still cool enough, nostalgia-like enough, and 80's/90's enough with its cheese, over-the-top ridiculous-ness, and style that it will still make you smile. But since there are a bunch of more levels - often shorter per Stage, by the way - compared to the old games, this means you have more variety for its locations and more cut-scenes between stages to make this game feel even bigger & have more meat to it than the old classics.

Also, there's a Versus Mode, where your fighters can go at it. Unfortunately, you can't do this solo. You'll have to do it with another player, either locally or online. Feels like a missed opportunity, to not have a solo mode where you can battle AI here. Haven't checked this out yet.

Simply put: Streets of Rage 4 is a great old-school style brawler/beat 'em up with some twists of its own and its shouldn't be missed by anyone.

#115773 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:24 AM

Pfft, who needs that? I went to TrumpCat's thread (who is mine and your purrsident, so suck it off Gorbachov!) and saw some tremendous deals for Arcade1UP cabinets that were ONLY $50!

So I went to my local Walmart (thanks Jesus for capitalism, those poor dumb retail workers should feel lucky to even get paid at all to be part of such a great company) because I noticed that there were 7 Pac-Man cabinets with risers in stock for $50. Turns out some libtard drove 4 hours to buy them all (probably an illegal immigrant with his unemployment check!) and I ended up having to buy a RAMPAGE cabinet and a riser SEPARATELY.

Now all I need to do is buy another Pi, new controls, a new circuit board, a new power supply, and a new monitor, then put in a day of work to set it all up, and I'll be able to play those games too! Might cost me $200 total, but it's totally going to be worth it! Thanks for all the money the Democats didn't want to give us, TrumpCat! #MakeArcadesGreatAgain

I actually have one of those A1ups that I got for $75 when the clearances first started and modded it with a Pi. I had my panel made by a company called 99livesArcade that does really great work. I am using the Wolfanoz image, and all but 2 or 3 roms have worked great. My kids love it, and I have a good time playing through the games I remember and a lot I don’t remember from my childhood.E3A61DC2-2F87-4E0E-A91A-0E9C28793D55.jpeg

My only complaint is that I can’t get the trackball and spinner working properly and I’m not really adept at fixing that sort of thing. In hindsight I would have gone with a 3 player panel and skipped the trackball and spinner

#115774 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5112 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:11 AM

While we’re on the subject of emulating, does anyone know where to get a relatively high quality USB or bluetooth spinner/paddle/whatever you call those things? I’ve got a pretty nice emulation setup on my computer right now, but games designed for one of those things just don’t feel quite right with my arrow keys, d-pad, or analog stick.

#115775 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8539 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:21 AM

While we’re on the subject of emulating, does anyone know where to get a relatively high quality USB or bluetooth spinner/paddle/whatever you call those things? I’ve got a pretty nice emulation setup on my computer right now, but games designed for one of those things just don’t feel quite right with my arrow keys, d-pad, or analog stick.

There are many options available. It mostly depends on how handy you are.

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B07RYT7YXJ

https://www.amazon.c...=osi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NKJ3SKH

#115776 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14962 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:48 AM

I actually have one of those A1ups that I got for $75 when the clearances first started and modded it with a Pi. I had my panel made by a company called 99livesArcade that does really great work. I am using the Wolfanoz image, and all but 2 or 3 roms have worked great. My kids love it, and I have a good time playing through the games I remember and a lot I don’t remember from my childhood.attachicon.gifE3A61DC2-2F87-4E0E-A91A-0E9C28793D55.jpeg

My only complaint is that I can’t get the trackball and spinner working properly and I’m not really adept at fixing that sort of thing. In hindsight I would have gone with a 3 player panel and skipped the trackball and spinner

That extended board looks awesome. I will definitely check out 99livesArcade. The Rampage cabinet has the same in-line board as all of the first generation cabinets, only it has built-in controls for 3 players, so the buttons are cramped together. Was also wondering how I would be able to play games that require different buttons or other special controls that the Rampage package might not be equipped to handle.

Thanks for sharing your build. I'd love to have a full-size cabinet so friends aren't on top of each other while playing, but this is a nice and frugal alternative.

#115777 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25861 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:03 PM

More info on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla:

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer....ailer-gameplay/
VG247 - https://www.vg247.co...lcNFBQdeXW78icw

Info:
- RPG elements that were in AC: Odyssey will continue to be here in Valhalla.
- RPG elements will include decision-making, player choice & branching dialogue paths.
- Eivor is the lead character, in which you can decide to be either the male or female version of Eivor.
- Both the male & female protagonists of Eivor will be considered canon in the AC franchise.
- You can dual-wield almost anything, including having two shields.
- You can toss axes.
- Valhalla takes place in 9th Century England, beginning around the year 873.
- You will manage & grow a Viking settlement in England.
- You can customize your base & it will have a major role in the game.
- You can upgrade & manage your blacksmith, tattoo parlor, barracks, etc.
- You can share your Viking raiders with your friends.
- There is romance options in this game, just like AC: Odyssey.
- There are 15 studios working on AC:V, including UbiSoft Montreal.
- Layla Hassan's modern-day story from AC: Origins & Odyssey will continue here in Valhalla.

#115778 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5112 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

In other words, we’ll be forced to have a baby in the DLC with some vapid, pre-selected character again?

Oh god, that sounds awful. Why would anybody subcommittee the creative process out to that extent oh wait it’s Ubisoft.

- Layla Hassan's modern-day story from AC: Origins & Odyssey will continue here in Valhalla.

Why is the modern story even still a thing, does anybody actually give a crap about that stuff? This is one of the main things that holds me back from buying AC games every time they manage to release one with a moderately interesting setting.

#115779 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25861 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:10 PM

Why is the modern story even still a thing, does anybody actually give a crap about that stuff? This is one of the main things that holds me back from buying AC games every time they manage to release one with a moderately interesting setting.

I think the original idea was: Desmond was going to become the Ultimate Assassin, by experiencing all of his ancestors' memories & learning all of the skills in the numerous Animus machines that he used, over the course of numerous games.

Of course, they ended that idea, by AC3....

Spoiler

AC3 is pretty much, the game where the series jumped the shark, in numerous ways.

And it's been continuing down the path and continuously shark-jumping, for a LONG time.

Sounds like w/ modern AC's (since AC: Origins) they are following the AC1-3 formula of Desmond here for Layla, but...the problem is, people don't really care about Desmond or Layla. I think what they need to do is - well, obviously - at some point, do a modern day AC game, where you are one of those characters. I always thought it was a missed opportunity, not doing a full AC game as Desmond. In this case w/ the reboot, they could have a modern AC where you are Layla.

I do think AC: Syndicate had the best formula for the modern-day AC stuff - as that was all NOT playable at all and that part was told through cut-scenes, feeling like a reward for everything you were doing in Syndicate.

#115780 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7932 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:22 PM

Newegg is sending out targeted emails to their customers with $10 off codes in them.  Not valid on gift cards.  Check your email.  

Edit: I tried to use the code on a $19.99 purchase.  It didn't work.  I contacted Newegg customer service by chat to see if they will do anything, but no such luck yet.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Customer service claimed that the code wouldn't work because I wasn't signed up to receive emails from Newegg.  How I wasn't signed up to receive emails is confusing since I received an email from Newegg in the first place.  But then it won't work on a third-party purchase through Newegg either.  Forget it.

#115781 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

The modern day AC stuff is essentially the ketchup on the AssCreed pizza.

Incidentally, I've been playing AC: Origins again to do all the DLC stuff and that game always had the distinction of being the only modern-day Ubisoft game where I haven't glitched through the bottom of the game world. Well, not anymore!

ZbNdb9E.jpg

#115782 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:47 PM

Incidentally, I've been playing AC: Origins again to do all the DLC stuff and that game always had the distinction of being the only modern-day Ubisoft game where I haven't glitched through the bottom of the game world. Well, not anymore!

giphy.gif

#115783 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25861 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:11 AM

ZbNdb9E.jpg

akqmvdd29hkw6wr4bvts.jpg

#115784 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:25 AM

I picked up 10 Star Wars games from the Humble May 4th sale for $22. I played a ton of Episode 1 Racer and Rogue Squadron today.

#115785 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4786 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:44 AM

More info on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla:

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer....ailer-gameplay/
VG247 - https://www.vg247.co...lcNFBQdeXW78icw

Info:
- RPG elements that were in AC: Odyssey will continue to be here in Valhalla.
- RPG elements will include decision-making, player choice & branching dialogue paths.
- Eivor is the lead character, in which you can decide to be either the male or female version of Eivor.
- Both the male & female protagonists of Eivor will be considered canon in the AC franchise.
- You can dual-wield almost anything, including having two shields.
- You can toss axes.
- Valhalla takes place in 9th Century England, beginning around the year 873.
- You will manage & grow a Viking settlement in England.
- You can customize your base & it will have a major role in the game.
- You can upgrade & manage your blacksmith, tattoo parlor, barracks, etc.
- You can share your Viking raiders with your friends.

I know you couldn't cover all 78,332 features of AC:Thor but waaaaaaay down the feature list at 78,301 (right below 'watch character defacate in real time') this was added to maintain historical accuracy:

Only one form of assassination allowed in AC:Valhalla - Viking Dance-off

giphy.gif

#115786 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5167 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:18 AM

EJZWM-G7I8T-LTIW3

#115787 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5112 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:28 AM

EJZWM-G7I8T-LTIW3

Thanks for Goet Simulator GOETY Edition w/Extra Goets.

#115788 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25861 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:56 PM

Flashback (1993 version / Remastered) on Steam = 99 cents.

https://store.steamp...1620/Flashback/

In addition to the original 1993 game, this version includes a Modern mode, with :

- Post-FX graphic filters,
- Completely remastered sound and music,
- A brand new "Rewind" function, variable according to the level of difficulty
- Tutorials for those who need a boost!

#115789 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3719 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

I know you couldn't cover all 78,332 features of AC:Thor but waaaaaaay down the feature list at 78,301 (right below 'watch character defacate in real time') this was added to maintain historical accuracy:
Only one form of assassination allowed in AC:Valhalla - Viking Dance-offgiphy.gif

Wait... so they did or did not confirm a synchronized dance number feature for your crew in this new AC?

I'm pretty sure in one of the last couple entries you could find/learn songs they'd all just break out into, so this is clearly the next logical step.

#115790 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9128 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

oh man I haven't thought about Techno Viking in years.  He was one of the earliest memes. 

#115791 Astinus Majere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Astinus Majere

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:39 PM

Wait... so they did or did not confirm a synchronized dance number feature for your crew in this new AC?

I'm pretty sure in one of the last couple entries you could find/learn songs they'd all just break out into, so this is clearly the next logical step.

Don't know about dance numbers, but it is going to include Viking rap battles:

https://www.ign.com/...ing-rap-battles

#115792 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4838 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

Many, many people are aware I recently purchased a beautiful, truly beautiful MSI laptop. It's a tremendous, powerful laptop. RTX2060 graphics ... many, many beautiful RAMs ... 32 I think ... tremendous i7 processor with the most GHzs the world has ever seen!!! It's the most powerful laptop ever, everyone says so. To test out this powerful computer I searched for a suitable game to showcase it's most powerful power. I eventually picked a tremendous game ... Kingdom Rush. It's an amazing game, believe me. This powerful laptop played this game beautifully, very beautifully. I have achieved all this games many, many achievements due to my great and unmatched wisdom. I know strategy better than all the generals, everyone knows it. I can honestly say without doubt, Kingdom Rush is the very best Tower Defence game ever. Believe me. You should play it. What have you got to lose?!?

#115793 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8978 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, but it's a laptop, so it's automatically trash.

#115794 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4838 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, but it's a laptop, so it's automatically trash.

That's a NASTY REPLY! You're FAKE NEWS and your ratings are going down the toilet! Everyone knows it!

#115795 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25861 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

Many, many people are aware I recently purchased a beautiful, truly beautiful MSI laptop. It's a tremendous, powerful laptop. RTX2060 graphics ... many, many beautiful RAMs ... 32 I think ... tremendous i7 processor with the most GHzs the world has ever seen!!! It's the most powerful laptop ever, everyone says so. To test out this powerful computer I searched for a suitable game to showcase it's most powerful power. I eventually picked a tremendous game ... Kingdom Rush. It's an amazing game, believe me. This powerful laptop played this game beautifully, very beautifully. I have achieved all this games many, many achievements due to my great and unmatched wisdom. I know strategy better than all the generals, everyone knows it. I can honestly say without doubt, Kingdom Rush is the very best Tower Defence game ever. Believe me. You should play it. What have you got to lose?!?

But...can it run Crysis? Or Crysis Remastered? ;)

#115796 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3719 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:55 PM

Many, many people are aware I recently purchased a beautiful, truly beautiful MSI laptop. It's a tremendous, powerful laptop. RTX2060 graphics ...

tumblr_mnxovqsGeo1r8dy8go4_250.gif

#115797 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:04 PM

Flashback (1993 version / Remastered) on Steam = 99 cents.

https://store.steamp...1620/Flashback/

man i had this as a kid, got all the way to the lat level or two and got stuck

#115798 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:31 PM

I know strategy better than all the generals, everyone knows it.

Every one of these generals said, '"How do you know so much about this?" Maybe you have a natural ability.

#115799 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4786 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:12 AM

Every one of these generals said, '"How do you know so much about this? FOX News? " Maybe you have a natural ability for watching TV.

Ftfy

#115800 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3177 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:21 AM

Any current Steam wallet discounts going on anywhere? 

Whenever I look at something on Steam, it's the one store I can never find any deals on the credit.