* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#116251 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:46 PM

Apparently VIP status goes away? Says I'm not eligible. That or they ran out of codes already.

#116252 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:54 PM

Apparently VIP status goes away? Says I'm not eligible. That or they ran out of codes already.

According to Reddit, sounds like it went OOS about 2 hours ago.

#116253 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:17 PM

if any regular here wanted the game (to actually play) and could not longer get it, shoot me a pm. 
Edit: UberZerstorer'd.

#116254 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:07 AM

A gift(?) from GMG to me which I'm dumping here. Hopefully it's less of a disappointment than your first sexual encounter:

GH??I-34G20-7P45V

Spoiler

#116255 jrc84  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:29 PM

Might be wrong on this but I think Torchlight 2 is actually free to download from the Humble Trove if you happen to subscribe to Humble Choice.

Apologies for my ignorance. I am not familiar with Humble and it has been years since I bought a new PC game. Back when I was buying PC games regularly I never used Humble. It seemed like a lot of indy games that I was not really interested in and I never really learned how it worked. Seemed like some kind of weird subscription/auction concept but I really never looked into it that much and this was years ago. I just always used Steam and gog mostly.

I would like to grab a 2nd copy cheap or free since I already own one on steam. When I looked up Humble Choice it appears to be a pay subscription service and since the gog version is at the $5 price point during the summer sale, not sure I would save anything. Of course, I could be misunderstanding this Humble thing....

#116256 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:14 PM

That's fucking unlikely.

A gift(?) from GMG to me which I'm dumping here. Hopefully it's less of a disappointment than your first sexual encounter:

#116257 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10943 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 07:12 PM

Apologies for my ignorance. I am not familiar with Humble and it has been years since I bought a new PC game. Back when I was buying PC games regularly I never used Humble. It seemed like a lot of indy games that I was not really interested in and I never really learned how it worked. Seemed like some kind of weird subscription/auction concept but I really never looked into it that much and this was years ago. I just always used Steam and gog mostly.

I would like to grab a 2nd copy cheap or free since I already own one on steam. When I looked up Humble Choice it appears to be a pay subscription service and since the gog version is at the $5 price point during the summer sale, not sure I would save anything. Of course, I could be misunderstanding this Humble thing....

Yes, it's a sub service you can sub to monthly.  I was just mentioning it in case you happened to be subbed.  Otherwise the $5 GOG version is a decent price.

#116258 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4378 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:38 PM

First bundles are live for the fanatical bundle fest. There’s a Payday 2 bundle with a ton of dlc that’s too rich for me, and a Neverwinter bundle I can’t really speak on and the Kingslayer 2 bundle that seems like a good value at $4.99 for Party Hard 2, Vikings Expedition, Grid (2019) and Guilty Gear (I’m considering DNF a throwaway because everyone probably owns that already).

#116259 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4817 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:06 PM

Steam has the SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics bundle at an 85% discount if anyone is missing any of the games.

#116260 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:38 PM

Steam has the SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics bundle at an 85% discount if anyone is missing any of the games.

Really confused how I'm missing so many of these titles because I have zero doubts that I bought several of these classic Sega game packages in the past.

#116261 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:28 PM

$0.30 for the ToeJam & Earl games... nah I'm good.

#116262 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:04 PM

First bundles are live for the fanatical bundle fest. There’s a Payday 2 bundle with a ton of dlc that’s too rich for me, and a Neverwinter bundle I can’t really speak on 

[snip]

Neverwinter Nights talk.

For people with zero NWN and love BioWare RPG's - this one is a no-brainer, even for just the NWN: Diamond stuff. There's at least 100 hours of content out-the-box, right there. The rest will probably be gravy on top.

It might get a little difficult here to decide, if you own some or all of NWN content and/or versions already. Depends on how much of the tons of content of NWN1 most people own already and/or really need & have missing; the quality and/or quantity of anything NWN1 here that you're missing; and/or if you really need the new EE edition with better resolution, performance, and whatnot (if you don't have it yet).

NWN1 and its first 2 expansions (Shadows of Undrentide & Hordes of the Underdark) - overall, great package. Single player campaign talk incoming, which is probably about 100 hours or so.

NWN1 base-game was good, but not as great as say DAO or BG series. Solid foundation, but needed lots of work - as this felt thrown together (b/c originally, the game was just going to ship w/ the toolkit and people would build their own modules; this game was built for that and has tons of mods).

One of NWN1's base-game's campaign problems is that it really was built around 1 player with a companion they have little to no control over (out-the-box). The other, is that while I loved the stuff about NWN and the city with its politics and important characters (The King, Fenthick, and Aribeth) - eh, I didn't care much for the predictable, cliche, half-baked, and whatnot story about the revival of an ancient enemy.

Shadows of Undrentide improved, giving you more control over your companion and having a much more consistent campaign. BioWare didn't develop this, but FloodGate did. And it was good and solid, IMHO.

Hordes give us 3 party members with full control and tons of callbacks & returning characters from both NWN1 base-game (Original Campaign) and SoU. Hordes was great, as it offered-up tons of choice throughout, at the very end, and also lots of different permutations in the final game's outcome/ending(s). It felt like Hordes completed the saga in a great and fantastic way.

This is as far as I've played. Can't speak on the next stuff after Hordes (i.e. Premium Modules), so...maybe someone else can?

If you got from GOG the NWN: Diamond version (old one), especially when it was free giveaway - you got NWN1, the two expansions (SOU & Hordes), and also the Kingmaker pack (which includes the Premium $-modules of Kingmaker, Witch's Wake, and Shadowguard).

The Fanatical NWN EE pack/bundle here includes all of the NWN: Diamond stuff listed above (NWN: original, SOU, Hordes, Kingmaker, Witch's Wake, Shadowguard) and also paid-modules of Pirates, Wyvern, Infinite Dungeons; and also a Heroes of NWN character pack.

Also, stuff which is NOT in this Fanatical NWN bundle - NWN:EE has also paid module versions (with more content, expanded story, some voice-acting, etc) from Ossian's modules of Darkness over Daggerford and Tyrants of the Moonsea; and there's some other module called Dark Dreams of Furiae by someone else (with not-so-great reviews on Steam). Anyone played any of those in the EE version?

There, there's plenty of thoughts and info on the overall excellent & classic NWN1 stuff.

#116263 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4378 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for the info, maybe I’ll buy NWN and never play it.

Is anybody playing Valorant? I missed the beta but it released today and would like to give it a shot. Sounds like it’s much better going in with a group though

#116264 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the info, maybe I’ll buy NWN and never play it.

That's the spirit!

Spoken like a true CAG! 

EDIT:

Really confused how I'm missing so many of these titles because I have zero doubts that I bought several of these classic Sega game packages in the past.

Did you buy the DRM-FREE versions of these from AmazonTony, back in the day?

Tony sold on AmazonDVG both Steam and Non-Steam DRM-FREE versions, IIRC.

#116265 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:26 PM

11:30 AM EST or so - EDITED:

New bundles up on Fanatical.

There's a Leisure Larry Bundle.

There's an Enhanced Bundle, consisting of what looks to be a bunch of Microids games (Syberia 3 and DLC's; Mysterious Island; Agatha Christie: ABC; Moto Racer 4; etc).

And there's another bundle w/ Dead or School; Cat Quest; XBlaze games; and Ninja Showdown.

#116266 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

A Total War Saga: TROY is coming out August 13.  It will be free for the first 24 hours on Epic.

#116267 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4378 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:46 PM

Might grab the Bento Bundle even though I own the xblaze games already.

Pass on the LSL and Enchanted bundles I’m thinking

#116268 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:08 PM

*twitches*  This is the only thing they have offered for free that tempts me to install their stupid client.  I'll probably forget about it when it is free though since it is just 24 hours and it will not be an issue and I can get it in a bundle cheap in a couple of years and then not play it on Steam instead of not playing it on Epic.  

Fanatical offering some decent bundles.  

#116269 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

That's the spirit!

Spoken like a true CAG! 

EDIT:

Did you buy the DRM-FREE versions of these from AmazonTony, back in the day?

Tony sold on AmazonDVG both Steam and Non-Steam DRM-FREE versions, IIRC.

I dunno. Don't think so. Doubt it.
Never trusted Amazon to host anything consistently after they removed a bunch of digital video content from my account circa 2008/2009, so I'm pretty sure I'd have only bought something with a key.

I can't seem to find the specific og Sega games I do have (Sonic Spinball, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, etc) in my Steam account licenses/purchase/keys/whatever

#116270 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

Fanatical offering some decent bundles.  

Fanatical's bundle-mania/bundle-a-thon/bundle-fest certainly makes up for Humble not dropping a weekly today.

#116271 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:21 PM

What was it Skitty always called them? Bundle Saviors?

#116272 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5338 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:03 AM

Fanatical used to be called bundle stars sp? if that's what you are mentioning.  It is nice that their bundles are good again since for a while after the name change they wern't.  I got a pretty nice bundle from them yesterday for 2$.

#116273 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:43 PM

CAG's, if you're looking for a new solid laptop for gaming and/or desktop for dirt-cheap - check Reddit BuildAPCSales.

WalMart's been cheaping some laptops & desktops.

Laptop w/ 4gb 1050 Ti as low as $249 from MSI; MSI laptop with 6gb 1060's for $349; and seen even a HP desktop listed with 1660 Ti for $150.

None around my area, according to Brickseek.

Since YMMV on availability & prices - check Brickseek and your local store in-store, if you're actually willing.

Good luck w/ finding them and stay safe as you can, if you're out & about. 

#116274 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:21 PM

Following another post about laptops, I feel the need to mention that tomorrow shipments will begin for the AMD 3300x, an excellent gaming cpu for $120-130.

#116275 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:48 PM

Well, I just tore through Star Trek Enterprise and really only had two complaints. The title song being changed/sped up after season 2 when they should have just gone to a more fitting instrumental piece like you see in two episodes of season 4 and, well, the last episode itself. The desire/need to tie it into a random episode of TNG is disheartening at best and really disrespectful. I'm actually surprised that Frakes and Sirtis agreed to do it consider that the Next Gen crew was so annoyed with their first movie being tied to Kirk and the rest of TOS. (Also 12 years after that episode neither Frakes and Sirtis looked like their old characters making the ties to that episode even more confusing. Not to mention a serious disconnect in my eyes.

It really is one of the worst finales ever. Which is a shame because Enterprise deserved better. It also deserved more seasons but at the same time... I pretty much told the tales it needed to, it made connections to other Star Trek series, told the early days of Starfleet, showed the struggles of the Human and Vulcan relationship, showed the creation of the alliances that would form the Federation... And, well, it also showed why the Klingons from TOS had smooth foreheads. (We all know it was because of the simplistic special effects of the 60s and likely budget concerns but it told a rather good story for it anyways.)

Also, I think the story arcs of season 4 (and too a lesser extent the season long story arc of season 3) were really well done. Its a shame that TOS or TNG never got to enjoy them. Voyager certain would have been better served by them as it would allow them to better explain time between episodes. DS9 with its war sort of hit on it... but doesn't need it with it being a long war and they did a good job making it feel like it.

Lastly, I want to mention just how amazing of an actor Jeffery Combs is. He played three major characters in two different Star Trek series. Shran, an Andorian in Enterprise, and Weyoun, a Vorta often seen negotiating for the Dominion on DS9, and Brunt, a Ferengi on DS9 that was Quick's nemesis. He often steals the scene, and his work in Enterprise is no different, but I still think his best work was in the DS9 episode Treachery, Faith, and the Great River (S07 E06). Anyhow, I hope they find a role for him in either Discover, Picard, or the newly announced Strange New Worlds. (He also did an episodes of Voyager so he's been in three of the live action series.)

Anyhow, I guess I'll work on Discovery now... Though with only 30 episodes (I assume) of Star Trek left I'll likely slow down and not watch basically only one show but we'll see.

#116276 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3267 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:57 PM

Really?  Because I thought the show was terrible until the Time Travel episode that fixed some of the silly shennanigans...

#116277 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

Really?  Because I thought the show was terrible until the Time Travel episode that fixed some of the silly shennanigans...

Any idea how far into the series that is..?

#116278 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

CAG's, if you're looking for a new solid laptop for gaming and/or desktop for dirt-cheap - check Reddit BuildAPCSales.

WalMart's been cheaping some laptops & desktops.

Laptop w/ 4gb 1050 Ti as low as $249 from MSI; MSI laptop with 6gb 1060's for $349; and seen even a HP desktop listed with 1660 Ti for $150.

None around my area, according to Brickseek.

Since YMMV on availability & prices - check Brickseek and your local store in-store, if you're actually willing.

Good luck w/ finding them and stay safe as you can, if you're out & about. 

This post offends me because it's not about EPIC game deals.

#116279 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:28 PM

New Indie Gem Game Bundle [Steam keys] on Fanatical for $2.49:

https://www.fanatica...die-gems-bundle

This bundle includes:

• Opus
  • Tri
  • Brawlout
  • Dead Age
  • Beholder
  • Distrust
  • Donuts 'N Justice
  • Crimsonland

#116280 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5338 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

scott bakula star trek I enjoyed until the awful nebula arc. the stupid alternate time line eps that served no purpose and then the rushed time skips at the end.  That nebula section was just so badly written for the most part and with all the war crimes they committed they really had no moral standing once it was close to being finished.  It also started to get into voyager territory where they didn't explain how they were able to replace all the frequently dying crew members and repair and resupply the frequently severely damaged ship.  The dr and tpol were pretty awesome characters. It's weird that they never mentioned a female vulcan was the longest lasting member on a non vulcan ship.  Seeing most of her back story and character development was impressive and I kinda wish the other characters had even remotely close to hers.  British guy was a tool and I really wish they had killed him off.  I honestly couldn't stand him for most of the series.

Oh and I agree on the tng cross over one as that was badly done and must have been one of those alt timeline things since in tng he had already confronted his past by that point.

I'm kinda bothered that you never see prettymuch any of the species from the series again though.  Especially the blue antenna ones since i would think they'd show those again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic