* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#116311 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1811 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

For those who do get that itch.io bundle, follow this guide on reddit on how to add all those games on each page to your account instead of clicking Download one by one.

Edit: It seems the script was taken down by request of itchi.io staff, but all games are properly owned and they will eventually have an option to display your entire purchases in your library.

#116312 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:19 PM

For those who do get that itch.io bundle, follow this guide on reddit on how to add all those games on each page to your account instead of clicking Download one by one.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. 

#116313 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3267 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:08 PM

Fanatical's got all their bundles up now... lots of stuff to sort through, not sold on any of it honestly.

#116314 Lumas101  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

I’m hoping that I did this properly: I purchased an itch.io Racial Justice Bundle to gift. Please DM me if you would like one. After I confirm with the first person that the link works, I’ll buy a few more and share them out to other people who DM me.

I hope that there are no issues with me making this offer. I’m just trying to help but will remove this post if there are any issues.

#116315 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:52 PM

I’m hoping that I did this properly: I purchased an itch.io Racial Justice Bundle to gift. Please DM me if you would like one. After I confirm with the first person that the link works, I’ll buy a few more and share them out to other people who DM me.

I hope that there are no issues with me making this offer. I’m just trying to help but will remove this post if there are any issues.

You're a good woman, Charlize Brown. 

#116316 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:27 AM

The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day is free to own on Steam until June 9th.

https://store.steamp...Last_Quiet_Day/

#116317 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:30 PM

The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day is free to own on Steam until June 9th.

https://store.steamp...Last_Quiet_Day/

Soundtrack and Artbook also free it seems.

#116318 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

I actually finished categorizing every game in my Steam library to just 1 genre for now. Hopefully this will help me in future playing. For those curious I actually eliminated from playing 1655 probable bad games and 250 not playing games maybe cause they're superseded by a newer or more complete version, or frankly I just don't want to play it even if it has good enough grades. That's a whole lot of bundle garbage, dead multiplayer games, and maybe stuff that just doesn't work anymore on Windows 10. Took a heck of a long time, but I'm glad my Steam library is a lot cleaner looking now. I think i'll go back to the playing a few games most days for like 3 minutes or something just to get an idea of what I want to play.

#116319 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10523 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:12 PM

My library is categorized using time to beat and release date. 

Still only playing Mass Effect and Skyrim.

#116320 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:30 PM

Backlog / New (6)

Installed (7)

Uncategorized (1246)

#116321 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:30 PM

I actually finished categorizing every game in my Steam library to just 1 genre for now. Hopefully this will help me in future playing. For those curious I actually eliminated from playing 1655 probable bad games and 250 not playing games maybe cause they're superseded by a newer or more complete version, or frankly I just don't want to play it even if it has good enough grades. That's a whole lot of bundle garbage, dead multiplayer games, and maybe stuff that just doesn't work anymore on Windows 10. Took a heck of a long time, but I'm glad my Steam library is a lot cleaner looking now. I think i'll go back to the playing a few games most days for like 3 minutes or something just to get an idea of what I want to play.

My dream is to do this for my library one day.  Did you use that steam depressurizer?

#116322 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:02 PM

When I did the same thing I used depressurizer to get a good start on the process just by letting it organize all uncatagorized games by review score.  It makes catagories using the same terminology on Steam so Overwhelmingly Postive, Mixed, etc.  Between bundles and whatever that site was that half of us watched stupid commercials on and shit to get free games, I have so much trash.  So that gets the most obviously bad games grouped together so you can ignore them all or save them for when the urge to play something awful strikes or whatever and then go from there. 

I started with the top reviewed stuff (overwhelmingly positive) and put them in the categories that made the most sense to me and worked my way down to mixed and scrolled through those and picked out ones I recognized and might actually play and anything below that can just be left in the void until I somehow run out of better things to play, 100 years or so after I die.

#116323 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

When I did the same thing I used depressurizer to get a good start on the process just by letting it organize all uncatagorized games by review score.  It makes catagories using the same terminology on Steam so Overwhelmingly Postive, Mixed, etc.  Between bundles and whatever that site was that half of us watched stupid commercials on and shit to get free games, I have so much trash.  So that gets the most obviously bad games grouped together so you can ignore them all or save them for when the urge to play something awful strikes or whatever and then go from there. 

I started with the top reviewed stuff (overwhelmingly positive) and put them in the categories that made the most sense to me and worked my way down to mixed and scrolled through those and picked out ones I recognized and might actually play and anything below that can just be left in the void until I somehow run out of better things to play, 100 years or so after I die.

I forgot the name recently too, but someone reminded me it was TremorGames

#116324 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

I did it one by one. I actually made sure every game was in my howlongtobeat list (about 85% were already). It was pretty much something mindless to do before I slept for quite a few days. depressurizer looks interesting though. I mainly just had like if it's an action game, shmup, FPS, RPG, simulation... blah blah. Every now and then I had no idea what to categorize something as, so I put it as other. I still probably will only be able to really play maybe like 50% of it, but it's a start. Some of the games I categorized and am playing haven't been very good so more will be joining my bad or not playing categories.

#116325 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11113 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

Seriously?  How the hell do you take a song a song that's primarily about disappointment and disenfranchisement and completely invert it?

Some folks were born made to wave the flag; oh, the red, white & blue...

I bought the itch.io bundle and, since I'm sort of between games, decided to pick a game via random number generator on each page and try them out.  Preliminary thoughts from the ones I tried last night:

Guppy: A "guppy simulator" where you swim around, eat bugs and wait to die.  So probably pretty faithful to real life.  Use two keys to swish your tail around and try to find food and avoid the big fish who'll chase and eat you.  Hand drawn style minimalist graphics.  Was amusing for maybe five minutes but gets samey real fast.  Guppies probably feel the same way.

Keep It Together: Interact with people and respond to them in conversation.  Answer correctly and you learn a little bit about them to help you next time.  Answer wrong and build stress.  After maxing your stress, you need to hold a key down the rest of the game, eventually turning it into a sort of Keyboard Finger Twister.  Ultimately you'll explode into a swarm of rats.  Did I mention that you're a swarm of rats in a trench coat trying to fool people into thinking you're human?  Talk about burying the lede.  This was fun except my old keyboard could only accept five keys held down before it stopped responding to my pressing conversation replies so I guess you need one of them fancy keyboards that lets you mash fifty keys at once.

Pet the Pup at the Party: You're at a house party but all you really want to do is find the host's dog and pet it.  Run through a maze of rooms and dodge guests as you search for the dog before time runs out.  You can "talk" to guests but it doesn't seem to actually do anything.  Also, when you click to talk to someone, your hand does the petting motion so you wind up inadvertently pawing at hipster chicks.  Was fun for a couple rounds; feels more like something you'd want to play with people watching or for a streamer.  They should combine this with Keep it Together so you can be socially awkward at the party and explode into a swarm of rats all over their dog.

A Game of Changes: A puzzle tile game where you're Confucius wandering along, trying to collect I Ching symbols to open a gate to the next level.  Slow paced and not very well animated but it might be fine if you like puzzle games.  I'd try to say something more clever here except this was a pretty boring game.

Ecchi Sketch: This was a Visual Novel which isn't really my thing and still isn't my thing after clicking through page after page of plodding "story" about a lesbian who is supposedly unattractive but it's because she wears glasses and her hair in a bun.  She meets another chick who gives her a job drawing smutty lesbian comics.  The second chick is supposedly really beautiful which I guess is because her hair color is different and she's not wearing glasses.  Will they find love?  Lust?  Something?  I dunno, maybe.  I didn't click enough to find out.

Fossil Hunters: Whack piles of sand, stone and, uh, other stone to uncover fossil tiles, brush them clean and assemble into skeletons.  You have an anonymous benefactor who wants you to assemble certain combinations such as a skeleton with a head on each end and a skeleton with a crapload of spines linked together.  I'm not sure if that's how paleontology works but I'll do it for the piles of dino-gold (?) and giant pink gemstones it gets me.  There was some slight adventure aspects like needing to leap chasms or avoid falling stones but otherwise was pretty rote.  I only made it to Mine #3 so maybe it gets more adventurous later on.  Can be played in up to 4-player co-op and is probably more fun then, avoiding other players' cave-ins and getting through levels faster.

Out of the heap, I'd say Keep It Together is worth downloading if you have a keyboard that can handle it and Pet the Pup was fun for a little bit.  Fossil Hunters might be fun with friends.  Guppy, Ecchi Sketch and Game of Changes weren't really worth the minimal effort.

#116326 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

Some folks were born made to wave the flag; oh, the red, white & blue...

I bought the itch.io bundle and, since I'm sort of between games, decided to pick a game via random number generator on each page and try them out.  Preliminary thoughts from the ones I tried last night:

Snip

In between Division 2 and Division 2?

#116327 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:03 PM

Sounds like some unique games. I actually went and played 7 games from my Steam library. These were mainly about less than 10 minute plays, but one was for a decent bit more.

Spoiler

#116328 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11113 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:05 PM

In between Division 2 and Division 2?

Pretty much.  No events and TU10 & Season 2 probably won't drop for another 2+ weeks.

Never a better time to play 1¢ indie games!

Nitrosmob, we've played Action Henk on Bro Nights once or twice.  Was positively received and I remember it being pretty fun.

#116329 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

We've played Action Henk in a group before and that one is fun.

I played Gunman Taco Truck the other day and recommend it.  It's like a scrolling shooter and cooking game hybrid.  You're goal is to make it to Canada, you drive in between cities shooting zombies and creatures with your gun truck and collect their meat for your tacos.  When you get to a city you open up shop and have to fill customer orders to make money for gas, more ingredients, truck upgrades, etc. 

I haven't made it to Canada yet, but it's good enough that I'll keep trying.

#116330 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5834 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

Pretty much.  No events and TU10 & Season 2 probably won't drop for another 2+ weeks.

Never a better time to play 1¢ indie games!

Its got to be a better use of your time than watching Star Trek Discovery... Like, holy shit, even after I convinced myself that it must be a third separate universe from the other shows and orginal movies (Prime) and the recent movie reboots (Kelvin) the show still manages to sabotage itself whenever it manages to get out it's own way and does something clever/interesting.

Anyhow, season 1 is finished.

#116331 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:49 PM

Total War: Warhammer 2 is $16.99 at Gamesplanet. I've logged close to 100 hours in this over the last 3 weeks. 

#116332 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:02 PM

Total War: Warhammer 2 is $16.99 at Gamesplanet. I've logged close to 100 hours in this over the last 3 weeks. 

Just wait for the free war game on Epic in August

#116333 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4329 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

Just wait for the free war game on Epic in August

That's not Warhammer though...

#116334 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:37 PM

How many Fanatical bundles did they put Toki into?

#116335 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25667 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:32 PM

How many Fanatical bundles did they put Toki into?

#116336 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5008 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:15 AM

Fossil Hunters: Whack piles of sand, stone and, uh, other stone to uncover fossil tiles, brush them clean and assemble into skeletons. You have an anonymous benefactor who wants you to assemble certain combinations such as a skeleton with a head on each end and a skeleton with a crapload of spines linked together. I'm not sure if that's how paleontology works but I'll do it for the piles of dino-gold (?) and giant pink gemstones it gets me. There was some slight adventure aspects like needing to leap chasms or avoid falling stones but otherwise was pretty rote. I only made it to Mine #3 so maybe it gets more adventurous later on. Can be played in up to 4-player co-op and is probably more fun then, avoiding other players' cave-ins and getting through levels faster.

Okay, sounds like your anonymous benefactor is Albert Koch.

#116337 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:19 AM

I can second this. If you've been wanting to get into a total war game I would give warhammer 1 or 2 a shot. They're both great fun and you can combine their maps into a giant map if you desire. I hope total war troy will be good, but its going to be hard to go back to other total war games after the diversity of warhammer.

I finished gears of war 4 on gamepass the other day. Pretty fun game even if you're mostly doing the same stuff level after level, plus the banter was pretty funny at times. I thought I remembered people having issues running the game, but I only had one crash towards the end which wasn't that big of a deal. Overall I would give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, definitely worth trying out if you have gamepass and are looking for something to play.

#116338 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11113 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

More itch.io bundle stuff:

CityGlitch: A puzzle game in the same basic model as Slayaway Camp -- shuffle your figure around the board trying to cross over and light up runes while avoiding skull-ghosts and flying spikes and manipulating cats into running defense for you.  I played the first ten boards or so and enjoyed it but man, is this game ugly.  Also, the High graphics version is even uglier than the Low graphics version due to some noise filter.  Pity, because the basic game play is fun.

Water's Fine: An arcade game that places you in the role of a diver, exploring the oceans for treasure (and air bubbles) while avoiding toxic seaweed and dangerous fish.  It looks and plays like a c.1990 shovelware title; plodding and ugly with black & white graphics that belong on a Gameboy.  Maybe it's "retro" but it doesn't feel nostalgic. 

Village Monsters: A pseudo-3/4s top down RPG with unattractive pixel graphics and uninteresting characters.  You're a human and awaken to find yourself in a village of friendly monsters.  But, to them, you're the scary one!  I know, you can't believe it, right?  I spent maybe 20min wandering around, talking to NPCs, catching bugs in a net and never once stopped being bored. 

Sewer Rave: Maybe I was hurting from Water's Fine & Village Monsters but I took a shine to this weird-ass game right off the bat.  Supposedly it's a real game but feels more like a surreal experience as you run through a crudely animated sewer full of even more crudely animated rats at a rave.  Pulsing dance beats surround you as you talk to partying rodents, collect cheese and fruit, run through some pretty weird rooms and try to figure out what's going on.  I have a feeling you'll either get into it or immediately hate it.

Test Tube Titans: Back in my Commodore days, a favorite game was Mail Order Monsters where you would start with a stock critter, genetically enhance it, fight in arenas, use the money to buy more enhancements, etc.  The elevator pitch for Test Tube Titans was similar so I was pretty excited to try it.  Unfortunately, the concept is immediately undercut by a lame 3D physics style where you have to move each leg and arm independently, watching your creation awkwardly shamble in circles when not falling over.  It's the Mail Order Monsters+QWOP mashup no one ever asked for.  Graphics aren't great and the default is an awful filter that the game helpfully informs you is part of its aesthetic (though you can turn it off).

Going through new pages in the bundle list on itch.io had me looking at games I'd already seen, making me wonder if it randomly sorts them each time you look at the bundle.  Also, the bundle comes with a bajillion one or two page mini-RPG tabletop systems so I kept having to pick a different title after my randomly selected one was actually either a PDF file or some game engine assets package.  Man, itch.io's library management is awful.

#116339 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

I decided to play some itch.io stuff too. I also played Nightline which is 100% free currently. I also agree library management is awful and maybe somewhat am disappointed I have so much more junk clogging it now. I already clogged it up before when games were given away to help dealing with social isolation.

Spoiler

#116340 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:02 PM

I can second this. If you've been wanting to get into a total war game I would give warhammer 1 or 2 a shot. They're both great fun and you can combine their maps into a giant map if you desire. I hope total war troy will be good, but its going to be hard to go back to other total war games after the diversity of warhammer.

I finished gears of war 4 on gamepass the other day. Pretty fun game even if you're mostly doing the same stuff level after level, plus the banter was pretty funny at times. I thought I remembered people having issues running the game, but I only had one crash towards the end which wasn't that big of a deal. Overall I would give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, definitely worth trying out if you have gamepass and are looking for something to play.

Any "mandatory" DLC for Warhammer II?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic