* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#11671 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8331 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:47 AM

so we are moving from discussing the existence of these games to the stability of the table? 

:- Wait until the day your false God Gaben shut down Steam and revoke your "ownership,"  you will wish to have a table to cry on, biatch!!!

Where did mysterd get all this attitude from

#11672 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4268 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

I see the Steam version of MKX is only 3GB. What happened to the other 30GB? NetherRealm really needs to pay somebody else to port their games to PC. They are lucky that half the reviews are jokes or they would be 100% negative. At least MK9 is playable if you edit some files.

#11673 ShadowEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:00 AM

I see the Steam version of MKX is only 3GB. What happened to the other 30GB? NetherRealm really needs to pay somebody else to port their games to PC. They are lucky that half the reviews are jokes or they would be 100% negative. At least MK9 is playable if you edit some files.

This happened.

http://steamcommunit...196249418263249

#11674 Flowette   Level 112 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   2165 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

UK site with some decent discounts and a decent voucher. Problem is the MSRP for most games is higher than US MSRP so.. if the same game is available at GMG, you're better off waiting for it to go on sale there.

Top tip: UK sites will likely show the price as standard price +VAT, which is 20%. Yeah, sales tax. And completely unavoidable for all involved.

Shut up. We get free healthcare.

#11675 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23652 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Where did mysterd get all this attitude from

Everybody has a little bit of MysterD somewhere from within.

Once displayed by someone, they automatically join ToasterNet.

#11676 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

i read this and was like, maybe i'll play BL2 again. then i remembered i cheated and game myself all pearl weapons. basically, if it's a loot based game where the drops are handled locally and not by a server, i'm gonna cheat.

and btw neuro, we all saw you sneak in some DIII last night, you loot whore you :) ...

#11677 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

Console peasant talk here, but actually I put ToEE's combat at about even with D&D Tactics for PSP (which also uses a relatively faithful adaptation of 3.5). I like a few things better about ToEE's, and a few things better about D&DT's. Of course, D&DT's story is even less present than ToEE's, and whether it actually qualifies as a CRPG is questionable, since the gameplay is pretty much nothing but combat (and it's not on a PC).

As much as I'd like to go full rage mode here, I never played a PSP game in my life so I won't bash it. I can't imagine anything on a portable could be tactical or good but I will concede someone might have accidentally made one good portable game at some point in the history of mankind (purely by mistake, mind you).

#11678 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

I liked the little bit I played of Final Fantasy tactics. Many years ago, through emulator.

#11679 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3101 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Wow, someone poured a hell of a lot of sand into their underwear today to be so grumpy.  Even console peasants and mobile phones have "tactical" games that rank higher than some on PC/Steam (gasp).

Just off the top of my head.. mobile tactics games that are more fun than PC...

Final Fantasy Tactics

Tactics Ogre

Disgaea 3 & 4

Rondo of Swords

Just to name a few.

#11680 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

While it wasn't on mobile, Vandal Hearts for the PS1 was fantastic. One of the best Tactics games I've ever played. Great story and music as well.

#11681 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

Wow, someone poured a hell of a lot of sand into their underwear today to be so grumpy.  Even console peasants and mobile phones have "tactical" games that rank higher than some on PC/Steam (gasp).

Final Fantasy Tactics

Tactics Ogre

Disgaea 3 & 4

Rondo of Swords

Just to name a few.

LOL, no, just no. Oh man, no. LOL. Unless you mean consoletard tactical? In which case sure thing, sport.

#11682 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5251 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

http://steamcommunit...091947276853924

It’s your last chance to grab Virtua Tennis 4, at the great discount of 80% off!

From the 23rd April 2015 onwards, Virtua Tennis 4 will be unavailable to purchase digitally.

Sega's marketing team knows what to do to sell copies.

#11683 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

I hate them for exploiting my weakness!

#11684 indef  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

Jebus, almost 300k playing GTA V on Steam right now.  Should be reunited with my computer on Thursday, which coincidentally is the same day my new video card is scheduled to be delivered :whee:  

#11685 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Today we published my review for Gurumin: a Monstrous Adventure, which came out on Steam recently. Gurumin has previously been released in English on PSP, and comes from the developers of the Ys series. Please check out my review and the video review:

#11686 erectiontown   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

erectiontown

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

The standalone PC forum doesn't seem too active, so forgive me for posting this here.  I got royally boned by Digital Storm on a pre-build, so I'm going back to building my own PC, but I haven't done it a while.  I'm trying to balance power with price. This is what I'm thinking:

CPU: Intel I5-4690K

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series (2 x 8 gb) (this is probably overkill)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO Series 250 gb, Seagate Barracuda 3TB

GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card

Case: NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

What do you guys think?  I've always used NVIDIA cards, but the price vs. performance against a 970 card seems like it's not worth the extra $100+. 

#11687 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Wow, someone poured a hell of a lot of sand into their underwear today to be so grumpy. Even console peasants and mobile phones have "tactical" games that rank higher than some on PC/Steam (gasp).

Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre
Disgaea 3 & 4
Rondo of Swords

Just to name a few.

More fun that which game/s on pc?

#11688 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

The standalone PC forum doesn't seem too active, so forgive me for posting this here.  I got royally boned by Digital Storm on a pre-build, so I'm going back to building my own PC, but I haven't done it a while.  I'm trying to balance power with price. This is what I'm thinking:

What do you guys think?  I've always used NVIDIA cards, but the price vs. performance against a 970 card seems like it's not worth the extra $100+. 

I've had terrible luck with seagate drives and stay away from them now.  I think you are right about the price vs performance for the 970 plus there is that "big deal" about the memory with the 970.  

deal talk -LODT 7.49

#11689 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8331 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

As much as I'd like to go full rage mode here, I never played a PSP game in my life so I won't bash it. I can't imagine anything on a portable could be tactical or good but I will concede someone might have accidentally made one good portable game at some point in the history of mankind (purely by mistake, mind you).

I see you're controlling your anger...perhaps you're not the sith lord i thought you were

#11690 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8362 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

Looks great.  But as mentioned stay away from Seagate non SSD's.  Also I would save up more for a 980 personally.  AMD cards in my opinion are just obnoxious when it comes to drivers (but the 970 sucks for the memory "issues")

#11691 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

I see you're controlling your anger...perhaps you're not the sith lord i thought you were

It was early morning, just got to work and all was quiet, was enjoying my breakfast. A brief moment of weakness, I assure you.

#11692 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5251 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

Looks great.  But as mentioned stay away from Seagate non SSD's.  Also I would save up more for a 980 personally.  AMD cards in my opinion are just obnoxious when it comes to drivers (but the 970 sucks for the memory "issues")

And some games are optimized exclusive for nvdia and/or hate AMD due to other reasons...

gtav_vhigh_1920.png

V3Kynr.jpg

#11693 erectiontown   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

erectiontown

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  And yeah, my biggest worry about going for a non-NVIDIA card was the driver issues I've read about.  I would love to do the 980, but it's so hard to pull the trigger on a card that expensive. And yeah, I'll probably go WD for the non-SSD HDD as well, as I've heard some not great things about Seagate (just found that one on super sale, so I was tempted).  My two existing WD drives are 7 and 11 years old and are still kicking. 

#11694 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20288 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

I've never run into any horrible driver issues with AMD cards.  Not saying they don't exist, just that they've never really affected me.  I've had AMD cards most of my life save for one Nvidia.  Nvidia card was fine too but then it started giving me issues after a year, but that can happen with any card.  

#11695 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5251 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

I have been fine with my AMD too. But nvidia is better choice ATM. That's why I'm waiting for AMD's next GPUs before updating. (In hopes AMD releases competitive product and/or nvidia drops 970 price).

#11696 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13840 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

Final Fantasy Tactics

Tactics Ogre

Disgaea 3 & 4

Rondo of Swords

Just to name a few.

Rondo of Swords is a pretty bad game, so replace that with Fire Emblem and you've got a solid lineup. I loved FFT on PS1, haven't played it on PSP though. I played the other handheld versions, but their stories aren't as epic as the original. Disgaea, while different at first, gets pretty boring after a while. I think that's a problem that most TRPG games face, especially when battles last for hours.

#11697 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2870 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

I think this applies to you two except for the tower:

Here are a couple of changes to look at and research: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fqdZD3 (all prices from Amazon)

You are getting an overclocked processor so I would go for a better board and MSI Z97-GAMING 5 is better for overclocking according to Overclock3d. I switched out your psu for an EVGA 750 G2 because it has the best score from JonnyGuru gave it 9.8 and it is fully modular so you only use the wires you need. Two optional switches is the case for a mid tower same brand just one step up to the 300R personally I would go for a full tower but some will say it is over kill even though I filled all slots through small upgrades and easier to get to things and cable management and gpu here is an article comparing gtx 970 to amd 290 less heat, noise and wattage for nvidia and better fps overall.

#11698 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

They call me Double O Soul.

#11699 erectiontown   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

erectiontown

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

I think this applies to you two except for the tower:

What's the difference between the two mobos aside from OC?  I've always used Asus and never had any problems, hence my choice here.  Plus, I  hear the BIOS on this one is super easy to use, which I like because I tend to overthink things.

#11700 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5617 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

I love that they're giving everyone a chance to buy it (at a discount no less) before yanking out of the store. I just wonder why they'd pull the game?