* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#117001 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

I like Nacho though. 

C0Fg.gif

Nacho was awesome as Vaas on Far Cry 3 and also on Better Call Saul. 

Really looking forward to FC6 with Giancarlo as Anton. And especially since the kid in the picture, has that eyebrow...just like Vaas. Hoping the child is either Young Vaas (before FC3's events) or Vaas' kid (and that FC6's events are after FC3).

Especially w/ the connections of Michael Mando and Giancarlo to both Breaking Bad/Saul series and Far Cry series - they better tie FC3 and FC6 together. ;) This just seems like the perfect thing to do here.

Really looking forward to Far Cry 6: Better Call Breaking Bad Actors To Steal The Show As The Villains.

#117002 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11343 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:09 PM

When you die and reach the pearly gates, do you think God's gonna be more inclined to let through a Level 2 or a Level 200?

Matthew 20:16
So the last shall be first and the first last. 

Matthew 19:24 
Again I tell you that it is easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the Kingdom of God.

I'm thinking the level 2. 
More people need to read the documentation and the User Agreements. 

#117003 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:18 PM

I'm thinking the level 2. 
More people need to read the documentation and the User Agreements. 

Alright, it's time to crack open the Good Book of Gaben:

https://store.steamp...iber_agreement/

#117004 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14963 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:17 PM

SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE will be added to owner's accounts automatically on Steam, GOG, and EGS:

https://superhotgame...d-faq/#giveaway

Do I get a cookie for being on topic?

#117005 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:20 PM

Hey now, even I bought stuff this time.  Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2 seemed unlikely to be bundled (watch me be wrong in the next month) at this point.  Fortress Zombie is so old I doubt it would even show up in an Indie Gala.

Also, this new Fanatical FPS build-a-bundle has some pretty solid titles in it:

https://www.fanatica...wn-f-p-s-bundle

Dead Space 2 was Bundled before in EA Origin Humble Bundle #2 with both Steam and Origin keys in 2015:

Dead Space 2 on ITAD - https://isthereanyde...adspaceii/info/

EA Origin Humble Bundle 2 on ITAD - https://isthereanyde.../filter:id/1789

Dead Space 2 was in the $1 tier.

#117006 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:41 PM

Dead Space 2 was Bundled before in EA Origin Humble Bundle #2 with both Steam and Origin keys in 2015:

For anyone that doesn't speak toaster, allow me to translate.

YUNOWEN!?!?!

#117007 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:41 AM

For anyone that doesn't speak toaster, allow me to translate.

YUNOWEN!?!?!

I'm glad someone else - yeah, besides me of course - can speak Toaster and understand where I'm going w/ this all here; especially since I so can ramble on and on and on with that "blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda" non-sense like there's no tomorrow, with tons of run-on sentences, long-winded sentences, and maybe even paragraphs of more non-sense. It so really helps, that someone can simplify and streamline all of my thoughts, musings, and whatnot...into much less.

TL;DR - Thanks.

#117008 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11051 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:36 AM

Wonder how I missed that.  Looks like I bought the Origin 1 Bundle in 2013, though.  Can't say I can remember what I was doing that week five years ago.  Also funny is that an Origin copy of Dead Space 3 came in the Humble Origin 1 bundle.

#117009 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6231 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:06 AM

Quick question. Generally speaking, is there a time of year that the newest GPUs (graphics cards) get released? Kinda like how Apple used to unveil the newest models for their products in September.

My GTX 750 Ti aint cutting it anymore, and it's time for an upgrade. I'm just trying to get a sense if I should hold off for a few months, or jump on the next deal that pops up.

#117010 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11051 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:28 AM

Apparently the latest rumors are that we'll see the new line of Nvidia and AMD cards in September but don't hold me to that.  I'd definitely wait another couple of months until Black Friday/Holiday sales as, if they do push out the new line of cards, you'll see some pretty good discounts on the older stuff.

Still using my AMD 580 I bought a few years ago... and it was mid range even then.

#117011 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:30 AM

Apparently the latest rumors are that we'll see the new line of Nvidia and AMD cards in September but don't hold me to that.  I'd definitely wait another couple of months until Black Friday/Holiday sales as, if they do push out the new line of cards, you'll see some pretty good discounts on the older stuff.

Still using my AMD 580 I bought a few years ago... and it was mid range even then.

This, theres been reports that the third party builders have already started making the gtx3xxx's, and AMD already said that covid has not affected their output and they are still cranking out both the new cpus and gpus on time for this sept/oct time frame

#117012 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1393 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:04 AM

welp it's  a good thing i saved my stimulus check for those cards, then.

jk, lol, i make way too much much money to qualify for the stimulus. heh, heh, yeah.....................................

#117013 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

Wonder how I missed that. Looks like I bought the Origin 1 Bundle in 2013, though.  Can't say I can remember what I was doing that week five years ago.  Also funny is that an Origin copy of Dead Space 3 came in the Humble Origin 1 bundle.

Maybe you were busy playing Hearthstone. [shrug]

#117014 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11051 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:29 PM

This, theres been reports that the third party builders have already started making the gtx3xxx's, and AMD already said that covid has not affected their output and they are still cranking out both the new cpus and gpus on time for this sept/oct time frame

Although the pandemic didn't impact their ability to manufacture them I wonder if the state of the economy will impact pricing.

#117015 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11168 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Although the pandemic didn't impact their ability to manufacture them I wonder if the state of the economy will impact pricing.

For the negative, probably.  Guess PC building/upgrading is on an upswing with people working from home and going out less.  A lot of people turning their older home boxes into nascent gaming rigs.  So more demand for components.

#117016 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:49 PM

Watching the devolver presentation and the games trailers are all meh, but the other stuff is great. So weird to be so underwhelmed by the games at this game presentation, but enjoy the rest of it so much. Their final announcement was pretty great though, a playable virtual game expo  in their over the top style available for free right now: https://store.steamp...olverland_Expo/

Also, Carrion is launching with Game Pass this month. I played the demo for that and it was pretty fun, so happy to see that.

#117017 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:11 PM

Devolver Expo game was kinda lame, but did kinda recreate the feel of being at a ridiculous marketing booth. 

The worst part is you can find pieces for unannounced games, but it looks like all you get from that is a teaser image at the end of the game. Doesn't even really look like game footage either. 

#117018 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11051 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

For the negative, probably.  Guess PC building/upgrading is on an upswing with people working from home and going out less.  A lot of people turning their older home boxes into nascent gaming rigs.  So more demand for components.

Well those people have to have jobs and disposable incoming to buy the components which isn't a given!

#117019 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:50 PM

*political comment in response to people having jobs/money that will be removed by Trakan later*

AMIRIT!?!?!

#117020 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14963 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:31 PM

Don't worry, I already reported you both.

Devolverland has some cool looking games in it.

Fall Guys seems like it's going to be a rush with 60 people competing to be the last person standing.

Spoiler

Weird West also looks cool. It's an isometric action RPG where you can shapeshift.

Spoiler

Olija also looks interesting, but only because of the fighting style.

Spoiler

The rest were meh. Serious Sam 4 looks like DLC for Serious Sam 3. Shadow Warrior 3 is the same. Disc Room reminds me of Binding of Isaac, minus the shooting. Carrion seems like a cool premise, but I didn't notice if the people were other players or not; also reminded me of a reskinned World of Goo. Blightbound looks like Dragon's Crown without Jiggly Boobs the Witch and Kim Kardashian the Amazon, so automatic pass.

Will probably end up owning all of them from some bundle next year...

#117021 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:43 PM

Walking Dead Season 1

6KLP4-ALDE2-3G2G5

#117022 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11051 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:06 PM

The rest were meh. Serious Sam 4 looks like DLC for Serious Sam 3.

Said the same thing to a friend of mine when the first gameplay videos came out a few weeks ago.  No idea why it took so long to develop when it seems like there was zero done engine or graphics-wise.

#117023 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:08 PM

QwR5g1R.gif

#117024 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:27 PM

Took almost 11 hours in total, but Beyond: Two Souls is finished.

And I really liked it.

And that is even despite feeling uneven, at times in its gameplay here and there; with certain scenes feeling too long; and  the writing not always being that great either.

There is really...just something about this game.

There is just a lot of interesting things in here, in this story and its characters. With its concept of dealing w/ life, death, paranormal, military, the homeless, identity, and other things - it's just always intriguing. I won't go into spoiler turf here, but this game seems to go everywhere and in all kinds of directions; and it's always interesting. There's some interesting twists & turns here and decisions to make, as you play the game.

Even with selecting to play the story out of order (in its Original Format), I was always intrigued to see where the story goes, what happens to these characters, what blanks I can fill in from what is being shown, what dots I connect here, and see where a game's chapter actually fits in the story's chronology.

This felt like it was part old-school adventure game (i.e. solve a puzzle of some kind, even though most aren't difficult); part "walking simulator"; part QTE-fest (which is par for the course w/ Cage's games since Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy); part cinematic/interactive movie; decision-making games with branching narratives/sections/numerous endings (RPG's often use these); and then some (i.e. the Aiden mechanics, where you control a floating entity that you can control which can control others, move things w/ telekinesis, and then some).

Also, the graphics in this remaster here on the PC looked really good and ran really well here. No real performance issues on my SC15 laptop, maintaining 1080p60fps on High here: i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64.

With the way Cage directs a game and all, he's pretty much been on a roll since Heavy Rain. I really enjoyed Heavy Rain and now also can say the same for Beyond: Two Souls. If Fahrenheit was the flawed gem of an introduction to us with Cage's style of cinematic adventure games, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls feels like they are getting much closer to the near perfection of his style of cinematic games.

And now, I can pretty much say this: I'm even more so now really looking forward to Detroit: Become Human, whenever I get around to buying that one.

#117025 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2790 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:00 AM

I'm even more so now really looking forward to Detroit: Become Human, whenever I get around to buying that one.

I would ease back on the hype biscuits unless you happen to be really into constantly being reminded that
Spoiler

#117026 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:05 AM

I would ease back on the hype biscuits unless you happen to be really into constantly being reminded that

Spoiler

original.gif

#117027 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:17 AM

*political comment in response to people having jobs/money that will be removed by Trakan later*

AMIRIT!?!?!

1RMKRAr.gif

Now for the DEALS*:

Project Warlock - 65% off, $4.20

One of the better reviewed retro FPS games of the last couple years.

Vasilis - 90% off, $0.89

Looks like a neat horror adventure game, but the few reviews suggest the gameplay doesn't live up to the visual presentation.

* to grant post exemption from off-topic banhammer

#117028 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1113 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:59 AM

Hmmmm

giphy.gif

Guitar.gif

#117029 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25870 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:58 PM

Hmmmm

giphy.gif

Guitar.gif

Not sure if it's paying homage, ripping off, or a mixture of both - as Ellen Page long ago did take shots in 2013 at ND w/ the TLOU1 ripping her likeness off.

Also, I remember this guitar scene in Indigo/Fahrenheit, from another earlier David Cage game:

#117030 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:23 PM

I would say it’s neither ripping off or paying homage. It’s directly related to the plot of the game in LoU2.