* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#119011 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2020 - 11:21 PM

5 year old tech? Slumming it, aren’t you?

Better?

tenor.gif?itemid=9212971

#119012 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3767 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, that makes no sense to me.  Better to sell as much as possible while you have the entire market than to wait until people have options before saying "Oh, hey, we have cards for sale now"

In the current world we live in, of all the many, many things that make absolutely zero sense, I'm hoping against all logic that this one is actually true. So tired of all the product page refreshing, praying I get "add to cart". My F5 key is shot to shit.

#119013 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2020 - 06:20 PM

Just a heads up, Alienware's gonna do some Dead By Daylight giveaways this upcoming week:

https://na.alienware...a-for-halloween

GIVEAWAYS

You requested it, and we're back with more chances to grab Dead By Daylight full game copies and DLCs, including the latest chapter, Descend Beyond.

Dead by Daylight is an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game where one player takes on the role of a brutal killer and the other four play as Survivors. As a Killer, your goal is to sacrifice as many Survivors as possible. As a Survivor, your goal is to escape and avoid being caught and killed.

Join us as we get ready to celebrate Halloween and grab a key in one of our Dead by Daylight giveaways happening all week long, starting Monday, October 26. Every day from October 27th-31st a new DLC will also be available to claim. But beware... You can only claim ONE DLC before you are locked out. Choose carefully...

So it sounds like each day will have a different DLC you can choose to claim, but you can only claim one during the entire promotion.

#119014 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:06 PM

Just a heads up, Alienware's gonna do some Dead By Daylight giveaways this upcoming week:

https://na.alienware...a-for-halloween

GIVEAWAYS

You requested it, and we're back with more chances to grab Dead By Daylight full game copies and DLCs, including the latest chapter, Descend Beyond.

Dead by Daylight is an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game where one player takes on the role of a brutal killer and the other four play as Survivors. As a Killer, your goal is to sacrifice as many Survivors as possible. As a Survivor, your goal is to escape and avoid being caught and killed.

Join us as we get ready to celebrate Halloween and grab a key in one of our Dead by Daylight giveaways happening all week long, starting Monday, October 26. Every day from October 27th-31st a new DLC will also be available to claim. But beware... You can only claim ONE DLC before you are locked out. Choose carefully...

So it sounds like each day will have a different DLC you can choose to claim, but you can only claim one during the entire promotion.

Where's the fine print that says you have to be Alienware level 721 or greater to get this free key? They're not just giving one to any peon are they???

#119015 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

Alienware needs to give out more xbox game pass time!

#119016 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8542 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:21 PM

Aren't GPUs requiring less power as technology evolves?

I'm so old I remember when a top of the line gaming card ran off bus power and had no fans.

#119017 Fatality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2341 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:51 PM

I'm so old I remember when a top of the line gaming card ran off bus power and had no fans.

remember-when-a-779d28e290.jpg

#119018 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:38 PM

I remember pulling the CGA graphics card out of my PC XT and installing my first VGA card to drive a 14" monitor that I ordered from the cheapest random retailer through the computer trader catalog. I later learned how lucky I was to have just happened on one of the few VGA cards that worked in the XT I had. Oh and the whine from that monitor still haunts me.

I've spent the better part of the day building my kid a PC out of my spare parts housed in a super sweet classic case from 2006, and I've come to learn that people might consider this case retro? Kids today...

Check it out. She sure is beautiful coffee:

https://www.amazon.c...w/d/B000KMT3CO/

#119019 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:09 PM

I've come to learn that people might consider this case retro? Kids today...

Check it out. She sure is beautiful coffee:

https://www.amazon.c...w/d/B000KMT3CO/

Doesn't look aesthetically out of place from anything I've seen recently. I think mid-2000's gaming-PCs were already getting pretty "gamer" aesthetic'd, although we didn't hit peak RGB/display windows etc until the mid 2010's. 

#119020 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:25 PM

Glad that some folks are lucky enough to buy one of the 3080 cards.  Has anyone signed up and received an email from EVGA's queue-based notification system yet?

#119021 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11257 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:52 AM

Glad that some folks are lucky enough to buy one of the 3080 cards.  Has anyone signed up and received an email from EVGA's queue-based notification system yet?

I signed up but not until Oct 6th and, from the forums, it sounds like they're up to the neighborhood of Sept 20th right now.  Varies a bit by what flavor of card you signed up for.

#119022 Smkane112  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:57 AM

alienware arena has codes for dead by daylight for people over level 20

#119023 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:09 AM

Doesn't look aesthetically out of place from anything I've seen recently. I think mid-2000's gaming-PCs were already getting pretty "gamer" aesthetic'd, although we didn't hit peak RGB/display windows etc until the mid 2010's.

I would have thought the generic black box would have been timeless, but there are plenty of small details that date it: Firewire port up front (USB 2.0 too), top mounted PSU, and an Intel "TAC" porthole in the side of the case that's just the wrong size for any fan I can find. TAC apparently was a standard from Intel called the "Thermally Advantaged Case" which was the name for that goofy black plastic tube that went right to where your CPU was on Intel motherboards of that vintage.

I'd rather have all of that than a clear window and a blinding RGB rave, truth be told.

#119024 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:16 AM

Z8UfYhd.gif

#119025 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10251 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:25 AM

Z8UfYhd.gif

The system is down.

#119026 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5269 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

The system is down.

#119027 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26134 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:48 PM

Finished up Vampyr the other day, which was a great flawed-gem. Cult classic written all over it.

Like Vampire: Bloodlines - the combat in Vampyr isn't spectacular and isn't super-deep (and it's not as clunky as Bloodlines was, since Bloodlines is often based on stats & "dice-rolls"), but everything else about Vampyr was fantastic: writing, dialogue, story, plot, characters, narrative, plot, voice-acting, atmosphere, immersion, music & decision-making.

There were times I had a lot of difficulty getting through the game on Normal, especially later on, as I was trying to stay good and save everyone (or close to it), but the game was so out-leveling me big time. Had to kill some NPC's and many other NPC's died on me, as I wanted to push this story ahead...and make the game easier, more or less. The more quests you do and more NPC's that you max-out their Blood Pool (to get XP from them, if you bite them) by doing their quests, finding out info about NPC's from doing stuff (finding Lore in the game-world, doing quests, talking to other NPC's, etc) - the better off you can be, if you need to bite NPC's to level-up faster.

So, I do wonder if it would be best for many to start w/ Story Mode on Play-through 1 (especially if you are trying to be a "Good" character to save as many as you can) and then replay on Normal? Or if some people that finish it on Normal (who don't do so well, in the end & grand scheme of things) might in a 2nd run-through go right into Story Mode?

Also went through Injustice 2: Legendary Edition's very own Story Mode yesterday.

Took about 5.5 hours to get through it, according to Steam. It was really good and I had a blast w/ it. Like the original Injustice - lots of action; tons of story & Lore; tons of characters; and all kind of madness happening. The game often gives a chapter to certain Superhero...or Superheroes, as sometimes you can pick b/t two different characters to fight as, when about to do a fight. Basically, combat is Mortal Kombat's systems and combat, but with a few twists of their own and Superheroes are here: there's Super Moves; Clash special moves (which feel like Rock/Paper/Scissor type of special move). Really enjoyed it. Game ran great and played game on my old desktop at 1080p60 at mostly a mix of Medium & High settings. This isn't even getting into the game's other modes - such as Multi-Player (which has modes for Enabling Leveled-Gear or Disabling Gear to play old-school style; Ladder Mode like the old MK's have and Injustice with an ending for each characters; and who knows what else is here.

#119028 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26134 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:17 PM

RTX 3070 reviews popping up everywhere.

Tons of links in Bluesnews compiled over here:

https://www.bluesnew...threadid=216157

TL;DR = Reviews mostly say this: at $500 for the 3070, you're getting 2080 Ti performance...give or take a few frames or percentage either way.

#119029 cobolatrix  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

So, I do wonder if it would be best for many to start w/ Story Mode on Play-through 1 (especially if you are trying to be a "Good" character to save as many as you can) and then replay on Normal? Or if some people that finish it on Normal (who don't do so well, in the end & grand scheme of things) might in a 2nd run-through go right into Story Mode?

Its not that hard, just remember to level up your claws and stuff, there was something like a blood bubble that would give you cc and damage, I managed to beat it in hard with the best ending.

#119030 xanchui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed again, this time until Dec 10.

https://www.gamesrad...delay-december/

#119031 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5269 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:09 PM

tenor.gif

#119032 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:12 PM

This-Dog-Will-Kill-You.gif

#119033 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:26 PM

tenor.gif

#119034 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:28 PM

Damn, only Level 17. Wonder if all the DLC will be level 20+. 

#119035 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:28 PM

This-Dog-Will-Kill-You.gif
q3iCWqE.gif

#119036 AAK_SO_COLD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   492 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

AAK_SO_COLD

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:49 PM

Isn't the delay good? They can polish up the game a bit more and continue to work their employees like dogs... No? They should just pushed CP2077 to next year to be safe.

#119037 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

Isn't the delay good? They can polish up the game a bit more and continue to work their employees like dogs... No? They should just pushed CP2077 to next year to be safe.

I think they should just push out the release date to 2077...Then I can just 'jack into The Net' and download it directly into my chainsaw hands...

https://www.youtube....e&v=qQDJsRB9vDc

#119038 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21320 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:23 PM

I say keep delaying Cyberpunk.  I'd rather keep hearing the complaints about the delays than the game come out and people complain about not being able to find a 3080 to play it on.  The more it gets delayed the more likely everyone will have a 3080 by then. 

#119039 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8072 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:17 PM

itch.io actually has a decent Halloween sale.

https://itch.io/games/on-sale

What I wouldn't give for a cart on their website though.

#119040 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 01:54 AM

ZZdRriL.jpeg