* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#119341 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:37 AM

I have so many mixed emotions right now.

I never imagined 45 could make my wildest dreams come true.

tenor.gif

#119342 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5532 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:57 AM

Can I talk about my fetish if it involves cheap games and pizza?

Depends on where you’re inserting them.

#119343 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15226 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:57 AM

Yeah that was the brand I think was on sale yesterday for like $148.  I have no issues spending a bit more for a more notable brand.  There's a Vizio 50" 4K UHD LED Quantum whatever that means up now for $298.

I bought a 50" 4K UHD Vizio at Walmart in 2018 for $250 and found it to be worth the cost. It's not the best TV I've ever owned or seen, but it does its job well. It's a flat panel, so I bought a good sound bar and hooked it up via HDMI ARC; Vizio apparently has issues with audio lag, but this was fixed for me with a firmware update. It also has 4 HDMI ports, but I needed more, so I bought an HDMI switch, and it works great. Haven't had any burn-in or dead pixels, and the picture quality is good (my couch is 8 feet away). Not looking to get a different TV anytime soon.

Most functional televisions aren't the big investment they used to be, especially since the lifecycle of cutting edge technology is continuously decreasing. The best 4K ultra-super-LGBTQLED televisions today will be superseded by even better ones within 5 years. Unless you're an aficionado who sits in front of your TV for 5-6 hours every night, I personally don't see a reason not to get one.

Btw, I think of Vizio as the gateway brand between the other cheap brands--RCA, Westinghouse, TCL, etc--and the well-known "quality" brands like Samsung, LG, and Sony.

#119344 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5532 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:59 AM

screen-shot-2017-02-17-at-9-14-34-am.png

Four more years! Four more years!

#119345 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9238 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 05:30 AM

Almost "Liked" that...

SvcKc11.gif

#119346 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6038 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:01 PM

So appearently Ubisoft is no longer doing Achievements for PC games.

https://www.altchar....pc-aVIi65b7pEfA

I'm not a big Achievement hunter but this seems to be really odd when you consider every other platform still has them. Just really super lazy if you ask me.

#119347 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5095 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:55 PM

So appearently Ubisoft is no longer doing Achievements for PC games.

https://www.altchar....pc-aVIi65b7pEfA

I'm not a big Achievement hunter but this seems to be really odd when you consider every other platform still has them. Just really super lazy if you ask me.

slackers.jpg

#119348 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:44 PM

I think at this point you're obliged to.

#119349 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11391 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:54 PM

The only reason I half cared about Ubi achievements was for the Uplay points but it sounds as though you no longer get coins/points for achievements anyway.  From the article...

The Original Poster got a bunch of responses, among which were the ones from players who have played the game for dozens of hours. From the responses, it looks like the players will soon start asking for refunds left and right.

Some people care about achievements WAY more than I do, I guess.

In GPU news, 3060 Ti releasing in December; 3080 Ti, 3060, 3050 & 3050 Ti releasing in January.  3060 rumored to be about RTX 2080 performance for three hundred bucks.

#119350 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10510 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:17 PM

Yeah people are more excited for their platinum trophies or getting the max gamer score for a game. I myself just want to beat the games and if I'm close to a plat/perfect score I'll go for it. I hate grinding or wasting time just to get a platinum if I'm already done with the game. An example of this is Ghosts of Tsushima, which is a pretty decent open world game, but by the time I got near the end I was massively burned out and bored of the story. The story never recovered for sure, but I got the ending and I was like okay I can waste my time liberating so many places and getting like 8 more fox dens or whatever and a bunch of treasures, but I was already done and moved on. I don't use trophy guides or walkthroughs and any game that requires that to 100% it is likely not worth my time. I do use walkthroughs on puzzles I'm banging my head on the wall about, but that's about it. I did 100% most of Persona 3 FES (the main game at least) without a guide, but that took starting over the game and making my own personal notes about all the social links. I wouldn't do it again at least. Still think FES is the superior version of the game even with the non player controller AI.

#119351 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26582 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:27 PM

I like to just play the game and whatever I do Achieve from Achievements, well...cool. [shrug]

I can't deny it - even when I'm not trying to get an Achievement and do achieve one, I'm usually like: "Oh, cool! I got an Achievement."

But, surely...those who are Achievements hunters and trying to get maximum time; find every nook, cranny, and secret here; and get whatever whatnot out of a game - especially if they don't buy many titles - yeah, they should be pissed.

Especially if every other damn version has these Achievements.

All these games these days anyways should have Achievements section built in-game at the very least (even if it's just for personal use and offline Profiles) - and it should be up to the dev's decide and implement if they want to support uploading of those Achievements on Steam, GOG, PSN, XBL, or whatever.

EDIT:

It would've been nice to have had Achievements in Control (Epic Version) even if it was just offline and for Personal use in-game, especially since they are there in the Steam-version. But, nope - not here in this version. Still, not the end of my gaming world and whatnot. [shrug]

#119352 weretable   is that you baby, or just a brilliant disguise CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:32 PM

There was a lot of stuff you could get in games with uplay points and a lot of people love achievement hunting in general.  I only care on a game every once in a while but I can understand people being pissed off if they messed that up.  

#119353 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11391 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:41 PM

There was a lot of stuff you could get in games with uplay points

You don't get Uplay points for achievements anymore anyway.  So, if that was your motivation, this shouldn't affect you.

I mean, I still agree that it's weird and lazy to exclude PCs from achievements.  Just saying that this doesn't exclusively affect PC players in terms of Uplay points.

#119354 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26582 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:53 PM

I mean, I still agree that it's weird and lazy to exclude PCs from achievements. 

Yep, I agree. This is foolish entirely. It's as if, for Achievement hunters, they are making sure they sell console versions of this game, just by leaving PC out here.

This is "weird and lazy" (as you put it) and also annoying - as many people love this Achievement stuff. It makes the PC version, in one way, inferior to other versions. It's lacking something...other versions have.

Regardless, this is all still "whatever"...for me. [shrug]

I'll still get this on PC at some point and likely when it's cheaper (much cheaper), but...it won't be anytime soon. Still behind on my main AC games, anyways.

Still got AC: Syndicate's Season Pass, AC: Origins Gold, and AC: Odyssey Gold to play anyways...for the main AC titles that I want to eventually get into.

Still ain't finished AC: Rogue; still never played AC: Liberation Remastered; and still got all the DLC's from AC3: Remastered to play.

#119355 weretable   is that you baby, or just a brilliant disguise CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:30 PM

You don't get Uplay points for achievements anymore anyway.  So, if that was your motivation, this shouldn't affect you.

I mean, I still agree that it's weird and lazy to exclude PCs from achievements.  Just saying that this doesn't exclusively affect PC players in terms of Uplay points.

Yeah but that was a recent change too wasn't it?  It was part of why I understand people being mad if they cared about that stuff.   The way people were ranting on reddit about no longer being rewarded for individual achievements, I thought that was also something they just changed a few days ago.

#119356 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9238 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

Free GOG +1.  Teleglitch: Die More Edition.

Banner at top of page.

https://www.gog.com/

#119357 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26582 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

Banner at top of page.

Nice.

Now I got this on Steam and GOG.

#119358 weretable   is that you baby, or just a brilliant disguise CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:46 PM

Nioh 2 Complete coming to PC in Feb.  Also Nioh 2 and a remastered version of the first Nioh coming to PS5.

Edited by weretable, 13 November 2020 - 06:50 PM.

#119359 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:31 PM

Nioh 2 Complete coming to PC in Feb.  Also Nioh 2 and a remastered version of the first Nioh coming to PS5.

I wanted to like Nioh.  I played through to the, I think, second to last boss and tried too many times than I needed to beat him.  I realized that I needed to grind more and I already put in too much time and effort to get to that point - grinding included.  Mind you, I have played and beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and recently beat Sekiro.  

Nioh has some good mechanics, such as the various stances, but it the difficulty seems too unbalanced to be enjoyed.  

#119360 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:47 AM

You're complaining about the game being brutal and "off" and unbalanced yet you weren't guarding, weren't equipping better weapons, not being mindful of your equip load, and only using one stance, apparently.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#119361 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6218 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 14 November 2020 - 06:02 AM

Last game I bothered to get all the achievements/trophies for was ff13. I used to be one of those completionists who did everything possible in a game. Star ocean series killed that for me though ff13 had already pushed me with its grindiness. 

as for persona 3 fes I find p3p better for more than just the manual party member control.  You have the new characters including the femc and new s links on her side that include all your party members instead of just the 3 girls in vanilla and 4th in fes when they added Aegis to the list.  Oh and the dungeon portion of fes with Aegis sucks due to them stripping most of the gameplay mechanics.  Another thing in the plus column is that the moon s link on mc's side sucks horribly and Shinjirou replaces him on the femc side.

#119362 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26582 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2020 - 07:28 AM

AC: Valhalla PC stuff and future UbiSoft Connect stuff.

Ubisoft responds that the no Achievements on AC: Valhalla PC is intended & future games on PC won't have them:

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer....creed-valhalla/

Info:

- Achievements are gone from PC versions of their games, starting w/ AC: Valhalla.

- Ubi says removing Achievements from UbiSoft Connect with PC versions is as intended.

- They are going to expand their Challenges system, which rewards players w/ more than just a badge on PC.

- Challenges can provide XP, Rewards, and other stuff via UbiSoft Connect.

#119363 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8378 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:18 AM

Banner at top of page.

Nice.

Now I got this on Steam and GOG.

:applause:

#119364 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5532 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2020 - 04:47 PM

I actively dislike achievements. They aggravate my completionism OCD, and I always turn off notifications for them when possible to make them easier to ignore.

I wanted to like Nioh. I played through to the, I think, second to last boss and tried too many times than I needed to beat him. I realized that I needed to grind more and I already put in too much time and effort to get to that point - grinding included. Mind you, I have played and beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and recently beat Sekiro.

Nioh has some good mechanics, such as the various stances, but it the difficulty seems too unbalanced to be enjoyed.

I don’t know how representative my experience was, or how representative the PS4 beta of Nioh 2 ended up being of the full game since I haven’t played the full game yet; but while I never got very far in the original because I kept losing interest, I actually kinda enjoyed the Nioh 2 beta and got through all the content except the optional human boss which just crushed me over and over until I gave up on him. Which is more than I played the original.

Anyway, I liked it enough that I’ll probably pick it up someday. When it’s like $15 or less. Or maybe I’ll wait till it’s monthlied. I mean, the character creator would be worth the price of admission alone in an otherwise halfway decent monthly, it’s my favorite one to date.

#119365 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11385 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:33 PM

I tend to find achievements pretty easy to ignore, and typically only go looking for them if I'm looking for an excuse to keep hanging around in a game that I've already completed.  

Or, if they're build in to the mechanics of the game and the rewards are crafting materials for some item you need for progression. 

#119366 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26582 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:38 PM

I tend to find achievements pretty easy to ignore, and typically only go looking for them if I'm looking for an excuse to keep hanging around in a game that I've already completed.

THIS.

Though, I do go when they pop-up: "Oh, cool; an Achievement!"

I usually try to do as much interesting and unique content, as possible in a game; even if I'm done w/ the main stuff. If there's interesting side stuff, I'll find it - namely, story & character related stuff.

If after I finish the main stuff, all that's left is just the typical grind-y UbiSoft or MMO-style kill X enemies; find X things; visit X areas; etc etc - yeah, no thanks.

#119367 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11385 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 14 November 2020 - 06:26 PM

THIS.

Though, I do go when they pop-up: "Oh, cool; an Achievement!"

I usually try to do as much interesting and unique content, as possible in a game; even if I'm done w/ the main stuff. If there's interesting side stuff, I'll find it - namely, story & character related stuff.

If after I finish the main stuff, all that's left is just the typical grind-y UbiSoft or MMO-style kill X enemies; find X things; visit X areas; etc etc - yeah, no thanks.

I'm ok with some of the MMO style loops if well, it's an MMO.  
Especially if it's a free MMO.  I'll start and play one every so often.  Currently I have Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Black Desert and Genshin Impact installed.  I'll typically play them, enjoy the world building the normal story content while mostly play them solo and then after starting to get into the really grindy parts that some people love about MMOs, I drop them,  head to the backlog pile and play some other stuff, and then maybe come back in six months when they've introduced new content or are willing to throw piles of free stuff at me to make me play for a couple more weekends. 

#119368 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10510 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2020 - 07:03 PM

Sounds like me with MMOs and RPGs. Usually if the story becomes paper thin (In RPG sense) and the gameplay grindy and not as fun, I usually want to quit on a game. Happens a lot with open world games too like Ghosts of Tsushima. I enjoy it for a while and then am like just end this somewhat meh story already. I pretty much try to bulldoze the remaining main story missions at that point. I have very little patience with games wasting my time, though I  love rogue lites and rogue games and they're generally extremely punishing with weak stories. Just a masochist I guess. I always feel good when I finish them though. I think Slay the Spire may be my most played game on the Switch because of that gameplay loop.

#119369 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21392 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2020 - 01:41 AM

For me, if I love a game and achievements are reasonable - meaning you can mostly get them just playing the game - then I'll go for them to give me an excuse to spend more time in the game.  But if it's some of those super specific or super grindy ones I just let them go and get what I can.  Playing Watch Dongs 1 right now and while I like the story and the world okay enough to finish it, none of the side activities have really grabbed my attention so I'm not even worrying about any achievements (if it has any).

UPlay was always sort of bad/annoying with their achievements.  I only ever paid attention to the challenges for ucoins or whatever.

#119370 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11385 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 15 November 2020 - 01:59 AM

All the achievement talk kinda makes me miss Playfire.  
Not that it ever amounted to much and I'm pretty sure anything you might have bought on Greenmangaming with the credits has probably been bundled a dozen times since, but it was a interesting while it lasted.