* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#120631 xanchui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:39 PM

Looks like Little Nightmares is available without eu/sea proxies proxies now --> https://www.bandaina...le-nightmares-2

#120632 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26288 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:19 PM

I wonder if the open-world Ubisoft Star Wars game will be one planet with cut-and-paste palette-swapped regions, or more of an open-galaxy game with cut-and-paste palette-swapped planets...? In any case, I can't wait to experience all the glitches!

acu-640x400.png

#120633 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5806 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:54 PM

I wonder if the open-world Ubisoft Star Wars game will be one planet with cut-and-paste palette-swapped regions, or more of an open-galaxy game with cut-and-paste palette-swapped planets...? In any case, I can't wait to experience all the glitches!

You play as a lone Republic trooper, running through the streets of Coruscant and taking on 3 varieties of Empire troops that have taken over the city and are all bullet sponges. They’re adding an innovative dark zone feature where enemies have double the bullet sponginess and can one-shot kill you. Oh and Coruscant has been ravaged by an intergalactic pandemic, so it’s really just you and the three types of troops. Enjoy!

#120634 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21364 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:58 PM

If BidenCat takes over you BETTER ALL LEARN CHINESE!!!!!

FYI, you've been kicked out again.  Maybe you'll take the hint this time!

#120635 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26288 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:28 PM

Epic Game Store:

Free games Page:

This week's freebie:

Next week's freebie:

#120636 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11335 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:58 PM

Free games Page:

If I did that, what would you post about every week?

#120637 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21364 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:04 PM

It's a cry for help.  MysterD wants to stop but he can't without our help.  Everyone bookmark the free games page, let MysterD know, and then tag 5 friends and ask them to do the same.  Once you do, please quote this post and type only these words "I am your true CAG friend."  I am doing this social experiment to see which of my CAG friends are my true CAG friends and read my posts.  Do this if you care about MysterD and me, BaeStuped.

#120638 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:11 PM

Bomber Crew is FREE on Humble Bundle when you subscribe to their newsletter:

https://www.humblebu...-crew-free-game

Game is free to claim until January 17th or while supplies last.

#120639 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26288 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:29 PM

I do post my thoughts, impressions, and/or reviews on games - so there's that.

I do post some news on game dev's, games, whatnot, etc - so there's also that.

I do post stuff on upcoming tech, PC deals, GPU deals, hardware deals, etc etc - also that too.

I sometimes post thoughts on TV show, movies, etc etc - add that to the list.

And in general, I always find something to post about, so... [shrug]

#120640 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9103 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:58 AM

Saw this on reddit and figured I'd spread the news...

https://www.bleeping...his-files-icon/

EDIT:

Forgot about forum software truncating urls...

"Windows 10 bug corrupts your hard drive on seeing this file's icon"

#120641 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5348 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:51 AM

Is this like those viruses back in the 90s that infect your drive if you so much as look at a certain phrase?

#120642 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9103 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 03:19 AM

Is this like those viruses back in the 90s that infect your drive if you so much as look at a certain phrase?

or like those iphone emojis that brick the phone

#120643 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4980 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:16 AM

or like those iphone emojis that brick the phone

Is that like prices bricking down? MysterD hasn't used that one in a while. I GUESS IT'S ALL THE FREE STUFF FROM TIM SWARTHY'S E-PIC STORE!!!

#120644 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:01 PM

Finished the last story DLC for Borderlands 3 (Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck) tonight. People had made mention of bulletspong bosses and, holy hell, they weren't lying... Some of it was my fault. I skipped from Mayhem 5 to Mayhem 10. I eventual changed my class and shield mods to ones that focus on Mozie's mech and that fixed some of it but not all.

The story for the DLC was pretty solid, might be tied or the best. I'm not sure. Very solid. I would recommend the first season pass.

#120645 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26288 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 03:35 PM

Is that like prices bricking down? MysterD hasn't used that one in a while. I GUESS IT'S ALL THE FREE STUFF FROM TIM SWARTHY'S E-PIC STORE!!!

Too busy not playing games and actually watching TV, to brick-down more expressions of that sort.

Maybe this weekend, I'll spend some more time with Disco Elysium from The House of Sweeney.

#120646 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:51 PM

Bomber Crew is FREE on Humble Bundle when you subscribe to their newsletter:

https://www.humblebu...-crew-free-game

Game is free to claim until January 17th or while supplies last.

Nice freebie, tis a fun little game. What is more amazing though is that Humble is having a two week Winter sale now. Two weeks after the Christmas sale ended.

#120647 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26288 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:58 PM

Finished the last story DLC for Borderlands 3 (Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck) tonight. People had made mention of bulletspong bosses and, holy hell, they weren't lying... Some of it was my fault. I skipped from Mayhem 5 to Mayhem 10. I eventual changed my class and shield mods to ones that focus on Mozie's mech and that fixed some of it but not all.

The story for the DLC was pretty solid, might be tied or the best. I'm not sure. Very solid. I would recommend the first season pass.

First Season Pass??!?!

Wait. Are there plans for a 2nd Season Pass with more DLC's?

EDIT:

Checked Steam; there's a 2nd Season Pass. Sheesh.

I wonder if there'll be a 3rd Pass...

#120648 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:32 PM

Saw this on reddit and figured I'd spread the news...

https://www.bleeping...his-files-icon/

EDIT:

Forgot about forum software truncating urls...

Currently the only fix is to show someone else the icon within seven days, otherwise your hard drive dies.

#120649 weretable   is that you baby, or just a brilliant disguise CAGiversary!   1084 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

The second season pass for BL3 is cheaper on Nuuvem for anybody who wants it.  $22.49 vs the $29.99 on Steam.  I picked it up the other day because I am going to play soon and I was actually interested in the Arms Race mode although it seems to get a lot of hate in reviews.  

I was thinking I would play BL3 next but before the holidays I was going through BL2 DLC that I never got around to playing so I decided to finish that stuff off first.  I still have all of the BL games installed because I intended to go back and do more in all of them and just never did it.  So I decided that I am going to get at least part of them finished and uninstall them.  I am not going crazy and leveling every class or anything, but I am finishing all of the DLC and doing the achievements as long as none of them require a huge time investment or grind.  I wonder if the first one is going to feel too dated though, I might change my mind about finishing it when I go back to it. 

#120650 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10558 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

Finally getting to watching the entirety of BSG for the first time. Currently a quarter of the way into season two.

Keep thinking of CAG for some odd reason...

#120651 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5776 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:07 PM

First Season Pass??!?!

Wait. Are there plans for a 2nd Season Pass with more DLC's?

EDIT:

Checked Steam; there's a 2nd Season Pass. Sheesh.

I wonder if there'll be a 3rd Pass...

The first season pass is absolutely worth it -- four solid story-based add-ons that may even be better than the main game.

I've held off on the second and I understand why it gets so much hate. All it consists of right now is a sort-of rogue-like game mode, an additional skill tree, some cosmetic stuff, and talk about a "director's cut". So far they haven't been very forthcoming about what kind of content a director's cut might include.

The real pisser is the price -- $30.

The combination of "stuff no one really asked for" and Gearbox not being more specific about what is else is coming makes that price hard to swallow. And it kinda makes it feel like they're doing a cash-grab that just requires you to believe that they'll come through with the remaining content because "we can totally trust them."

#120652 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9469 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:26 PM

Finally getting to watching the entirety of BSG for the first time. Currently a quarter of the way into season two.

Keep thinking of CAG for some odd reason...

Nice.  That's right around the time that Starbuck starts giving you a weird halfsie. 

#120653 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 AM

Armello

CJZPX-06P*C-P0QCN

* Ovechkin's jersey number

#120654 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5776 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 AM

Armello

CJZPX-06P*C-P0QCN

* Ovechkin's jersey number

Managed to grab that -- looks interesting... thanks!

#120655 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11335 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Yesterday, 02:32 PM

my current case (https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B0058P5S9A/) has room enough for children to live in, but it is getting a bit dated so it'd probably get replaced.

Coincidentally, I just bought that same case.  While it does show some age (no SSD mounts except to screw them to the HDD drawers, a bunch of 5.25" mounts for reasons, etc) it was still the most "modern" case I could find with a side vent which also had room for my AIO and everything else.

Loaded everything into it last night (plus a new PSU and two more 1TB SSDs) and I like it.  The giant fans and tons of ventilation have really paid off -- 5C lower GPU temps in Time Spy and my 3080 has gone from 75-78C in Red Dead Online to 65-68C.  The thing is friggin' massive though.

#120656 ToddManG   The one with the cape CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 PM

Coincidentally, I just bought that same case.  While it does show some age (no SSD mounts except to screw them to the HHD drawers, a bunch of 5.25" mounts for reasons, etc) it was still the most "modern" case I could find with a side vent which also had room for my AIO and everything else.

Loaded everything into it last night (plus a new PSU and two more 1TB SSDs) and I like it.  The giant fans and tons of ventilation have really paid off -- 5C lower GPU temps in Time Spy and my 3080 has gone from 75-78C in Red Dead Online to 65-68C.  The thing is friggin' massive though.

Funny how cases can stick around like that; I bought it back in 2012 and you've picked it up for a new build almost 10 years later. Maybe it's worth keeping around after all...

Apparently there's some trick to get the front panel fan controller to work but I never bothered

#120657 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11335 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Yesterday, 03:06 PM

Apparently there's some trick to get the front panel fan controller to work but I never bothered

The instructions for hooking up the fans are awful.  I muddled through and put the front/side fans on one of the controllers mainly to save on MB fan headers. But, in the process, I saw some older reviews for the case and think they HAVE upgraded some features since its earlier days (for example, they mention (2) USB 3.0 pass throughs for the front ports but now it has a standard connection to the USB 3.0 header).  But the pamphlet makes no mention of how to set the fans up and the Molex power connectors are cheaply built and required some pin-fiddlin'.  Just a reminder that your case was made by Rosewill!

#120658 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Managed to grab that -- looks interesting... thanks!

That's awesome! And unexpected. I figure if I get doubles from bundles that all the regulars have at least one copy too.

I haven't played it either but the reviews are solid.

#120659 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 PM

Control coming to PC Game Pass on the 21st.

#120660 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26288 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Disco Elysium.

After almost approximately 25 hours of my 1st play-through with this, according to Epic Game Store, this fantastic game is now in the books.

And what a great book and CRPG this one certainly was!

The game's writing, dialogue, prose, story, plot-twists, reveals, characters, world-building, the actual role-playing, the decision-making, and whatnot - it's all just fantastic. This might be more than just a candidate for numerous awards from me for Best Game That Played in 2021 (already, and it's January 2021 here!), but this is more than that.

Disco Elysium is one of the Best CRPG's Ever Made, belonging in the leagues & conversation of The CRPG Greats, joining the likes of CRPG's like Baldur's Gate II, Dragon Age: Origins, and Planescape: Torment.