* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#121111 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9295 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:31 PM

I never had one around me, but saw plenty of people talk about them...
Funky electronics chain Fry’s is no more

394Qm3p.gif

#121112 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26768 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:22 PM

Anthem support dropped by EA and BioWare, as they'll now work on the next Mass Effect & Dragon Age titles:

https://www.ign.com/...age-mass-effect

#121113 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:33 PM

Place was a wasteland in the Houston locations at least. Always was having stock issues and the stock in store kept shrinking and shrinking. I will miss it, but the writing has been on the wall for these locations anyway.

Anthem support dropped by EA and BioWare, as they'll now work on the next Mass Effect & Dragon Age titles:

https://www.ign.com/...age-mass-effect

giphy.gif

#121114 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:43 PM

Place was a wasteland in the Houston locations at least. Always was having stock issues and the stock in store kept shrinking and shrinking. I will miss it, but the writing has been on the wall for these locations anyway.

Yep, the two I used in houston area have been 80% empty for some time.  Last thing I bought from them was a 7600k.  For a while now I've been driving directly past 2 Frys to go to Microcenter across town.  I stopped taking them seriously once they started the "be one of the first to get a secret password" discount gimmick.

#121115 elessar123  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:51 PM

One of the last time I went was when they started price matching, finally.

So I go to price match something from Amazon to support B&M. They gave me a hard time, insisted on charging me for shipping or the equivalent of a Prime annual membership (for something that had free shipping on Amazon, and I didn't have Prime).

I walked out and price matched it at Best Buy.

#121116 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:53 PM

On another note has anyone played Curse of the Dead Gods? Seems to be my type of game. I will likely do my less than 2 hour trial on Steam.

#121117 jboy   redcross.org CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:51 PM

On another note has anyone played Curse of the Dead Gods? Seems to be my type of game. I will likely do my less than 2 hour trial on Steam.

It's excellent. I got it on Xbox yesterday. If you liked that Skul game you were playing enough to finish it, you will more than likely love Curse. It is another hard one. It got a 9 on ign.

#121118 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:24 PM

If I can manage to beat Skul fully only twice in almost 60 hours (I really got decent at it despite these horrible win totals), I'm sure I'll have a blast with it. Skul I'm done likely forever with. It's just unfair. I like hard games, but not ones where you blink and you lose like 1/4 of your life in one or two hits. I do like roguelite/like games, so I will try it for sure.

#121119 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3312 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:40 PM

Man, that hurts.. I'd get something from them every time I flew to Vegas.... we don't even have Microcenters in FL... it's like living in the stone age.

#121120 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5802 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:37 AM

This has been bundled and on sale plenty before, but I feel the need to say, "If you are even remotely interested in tactics, you should check out Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun."

It's on sale on Steam right now for 90% off. It's $3.99. Three freaking ninety nine.

If the word "tactics" sounds a little dry, don't be put off. That's in there basically to give a little thoughtfulness to the stealth elements required to take on a rebellion in Edo-period Japan with a small team of assassins. It's a long and beautiful game that moves at your speed.

Easily one of my favorite games of the last ten years.

#121121 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:45 AM

The only thing I ever bought from Fry's was a can opener. One of those electric ones that you place on top of the can and then it automatically does everything else. The best thing about the can opener was that it would create a smooth edge on the lid so you couldn't cut yourself on it. Word has it they also sold computer stuff and various high-end electronics. I can't confirm those rumors, I only ordered the can opener.

It broke a few years back, BTW.

#121122 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26768 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:36 PM

Epic Store Freebies:

Free Games Page - click me.

This Week:

• Sunless Sea

Next Week:

• WarGame: Red Dragon

#121123 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26768 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:11 PM

Dragon Age 4 is going back to being a Single Player Game without Multiplayer.

Sources:

IGN - https://www.ign.com/...-no-multiplayer

Jason Schreier - https://twitter.com/...005940739743745

Info:

- DA4 is no longer a Live Service Game.

- DA4 is back to being a Single Player Game, after the success of Jedi: Fallen Order (from Respawn)...

- ...and also b/c Anthem failed as a Live Service & Multiplayer game.

- EA has given BioWare the greenlight to remove all Multiplayer & online "games as service" components of the game.

#121124 weretable   is that you baby, or just a brilliant disguise CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:58 AM

So after the last patch Valheim completely kills my fiber if I try to play multiplayer.  A few minutes of playing and I lose tv and internet and my modem/router restarts and after a couple minutes everything is back but if I try to play Valheim MP again, it dies within minutes.  Single player is fine.   So that is bad.  Found a few more people saying the same thing and some complaints of it eating a TON of bandwidth.  

#121125 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1482 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:37 PM

Monster Hunter Rise now confirmed to be coming to PC in early 2022:

https://www.gematsu....c-in-early-2022

Sucks that it's going to be a similar case to Monster Hunter World (where the PC version didn't come out until much later), but at least they're being upfront about it again.

#121126 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:43 PM

The only thing I ever bought from Fry's was a can opener. One of those electric ones that you place on top of the can and then it automatically does everything else. The best thing about the can opener was that it would create a smooth edge on the lid so you couldn't cut yourself on it that you would place it on the top of the can and then step back and watch it automatically move around and do its thing like the little magic can opener it is while you frantically clap your hands in joy and jump up and down. Word has it they also sold computer stuff and various high-end electronics. I can't confirm those rumors, I only ordered the can opener.

It broke a few years back, BTW.

ftfy

#121127 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6060 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:13 PM

So after the last patch Valheim completely kills my fiber if I try to play multiplayer.

Might I suggest a nice multivitamin?

A few minutes of playing and I lose tv and internet and my modem/router restarts and after a couple minutes everything is back but if I try to play Valheim MP again, it dies within minutes.  Single player is fine.   So that is bad.  Found a few more people saying the same thing and some complaints of it eating a TON of bandwidth.

Maybe not...

#121128 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:42 PM

Monster Hunter Rise now confirmed to be coming to PC in early 2022:

https://www.gematsu....c-in-early-2022

Sucks that it's going to be a similar case to Monster Hunter World (where the PC version didn't come out until much later), but at least they're being upfront about it again.

Neat. I still want a Switch eventually, but I don’t do enough MP to justify paying for it on console, so it’ll be nice to have the option on PC with Rise.

#121129 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3325 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:23 AM

It's been awhile since pizza discussion.

#121130 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2021 - 04:42 AM

It's been awhile since pizza discussion.

https://www.youtube....h?v=tGHZxV1UDEE

“The best pizza [...]”

I didn’t watch the video but I feel justified in assuming the video maker’s opinions are bad and that he should feel bad.

#121131 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15301 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:39 PM

“The best pizza [...]”

I didn’t watch the video but I feel justified in assuming the video maker’s opinions are bad and that he should feel bad.

Yeah, pretty obvious where that guy is located given his ratings.

#121132 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9295 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:41 AM

Not safe for life

Spoiler

#121133 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8528 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:46 AM

The game Press X To Not Die is free on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind...ss-x-to-not-die

#121134 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:05 PM

Not safe for life

I mean, there are just "dessert pizzas", which are literally any sweet pastry (yeasted or otherwise) shaped like a round pizza and cut into wedges like pizza. Which is like, do whatever you want with it, my concerns for pizza toppings do not extend to every single object which is vaguely pizza-like in geometry. 

The only thing that makes this not just a dessert pizza is the added touch of mozzarella cheese, which is definitely bit more bold, but mozzarella cheese on desert pastries is not totally unheard of. Kanafeh is a Lebanese dessert often made with mozzarella, and I've seen Cheesecakes that add mozzarella. 

#121135 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:42 PM

WTF Iowa?!

#121136 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26768 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:37 PM

"Best Ever" Sale from GreenManGaming (GMG):

https://www.greenman....com/hot-deals/

#121137 UberZerstorer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

UberZerstorer

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:00 PM

"Best Ever" Sale from GreenManGaming (GMG):

https://www.greenman....com/hot-deals/

Disclaimer: It may not be the "best ever" sale. Results may vary. Contact your primary doctor if this sale causes you not to have an erection in 746 hours. Restrictions may apply. Praise Jeebus.

#121138 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5130 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:45 PM

I mean, there are just "dessert pizzas", which are literally any sweet pastry (yeasted or otherwise) shaped like a round pizza and cut into wedges like pizza. Which is like, do whatever you want with it, my concerns for pizza toppings do not extend to every single object which is vaguely pizza-like in geometry.

The only thing that makes this not just a dessert pizza is the added touch of mozzarella cheese, which is definitely bit more bold, but mozzarella cheese on desert pastries is not totally unheard of. Kanafeh is a Lebanese dessert often made with mozzarella, and I've seen Cheesecakes that add mozzarella.

giphy.gif

#121139 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:03 PM

Here is my Curse of the Dead Gods mini review after beating it a few times including one of the 3 boss long temples. I think I'm close to being done with this game. It's most similar to Hades crossed with a souls game. The game begins with you just walking into a temple. There is close to no story. You have a stamina meter to use for 3 weapons, of which you can charge. The main and sub hand weapons take less stamina. Everything feels weighty and slow. It makes it very challenging, but also feel alright. It's not the fast paced action fest that Hades is. I do like the graphics and they remind me of Hades , as well as a little bit of Darkest Dungeon. There is a curse system in place where you usually get 20 curse points a room and at every increment of 100 you get a new curse. There are five levels of curses, with the last being terrible and usually losing health every few seconds to 1 HP. This is a very flawed, but decent game. The challenge can get extreme (I can't even get close to beating the 3rd snake dungeon boss), and 1 mistake can cost you a lot of health. All this dungeon crawling is done in fighting arenas against enemies which can be a pain when you have 5 or 6 enemies on you. It's hard to predict the attacks then. There is a clunky dodging system, as well as an extremely precise parrying system. You need to master both or fail. I played this for a bit over 27 hours, and have unlocked most of the weapons and god blessings. These god blessings are passive and chosen before you enter a dungeon compared to getting them in game in Hades. Frankly some of the rooms in the temples feel overly long and boring. It takes a while to do the full 3 course dungeon. I do like that there are traps everywhere, so you can never be calm. It just feels like a good game, but may be a bit too punishing, and a bit bland with no story whatsoever. I think it's still worth a 6.5/10 trending toward 7, but likely is better for a good sale or bundles. Frustrating, slow at times and repetitive in scenery and gameplay sometimes as well, leads to a decent game overall. Hades is highly recommended over it. It's frustrating, which is why I'm likely slowing my time down with it.

#121140 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6060 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:08 PM

I tried the Outriders demo this weekend... What I read was mostly positive but I didn't think it would really grab me but it did.

Gameplay was fun, the voice work was really surprising strong as was the story. Hoping I can find a better deal on it before launch. So far the best I've seen is 10% off.

Anyhow, demo is obviously free so I recommend trying it out.