* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#121651 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15253 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 10:58 PM

Posting this here mostly because the Steam thread seems to have the oldest, most jaded members of CAG as regular posters ... so clearly it’s the most relatable place for me ... anyway ...

Is anyone else having issues actually playing games as they get older ... Case in point, I recently “acquired” Trails of Cold Steel I and II because I’ve heard you really have to play them to appreciate the story in III and IV. Tried playing the first game and was immediately bored. Couldn’t even play for 10 minutes before I just shut it off. Maybe it’s just JRPGs ... but I just couldn’t care about the slow moving plot and what seemed like way too many characters. I also had issues with Kingdom Hearts 3, which felt plodding and just awkwardly paced.

Is it just me? Is this what getting old is? It just seems like it takes way more to actually hook me on a game these days ... and it’s easier to just buy games than actually play them. I’m considering a moratorium on new games and forcing myself to Marie Kondo my game collection where I just sell it if it doesn’t bring me joy ... shame that won’t work in a Steam library .

I've felt this way since graduating college, but I still managed to buy and redeem 10,000 games on Steam.

I've played about 200 of them.

Life is just one big disappointment, and games only provide a momentary reprieve. My biggest joy is playing with friends, though I would also enjoy making money off from it.

#121652 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26636 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:35 PM

Anyone have experience with Gamesplanet? If I get something from, say, the UK or FR site, that’s not going to be a problem unless the key is regional to begin with, right?

Depends on the DRM and its region locks (if there are any).

And they usually are pretty good about stating what games what regional locks; and game-clients and/or DRM (if there are any) on the page.

Besides US version of GamesPlanet - I have bought Steam-keys from also UK, German, and French sites b/c of better pricing reasons for Steam-keys that don't have any USA region locks.

Also, I'd check their Reddit threads on r/GameDeals sub, too - as they usually are pretty good w/ questions about Region Locks and stuff of that sort.

#121653 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:18 AM

speaking of disappointment/self-flagellation, i play 2 games regularly/semi-regularly these days and they are Diablo III and Path of Exile. i usually play these games solo, with the exception of giving someone a boost in D3. and boy when these games that i play solo have server issues, i take the time to stare into the abyss and assess my life choices, and howdy they are in multitudes. what i'm saying is, Fuck ing helll GGG get your shit together i wanna play league start.

#121654 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:29 AM

Didn't realize The Show wasn't GamePass playable until next week, so I guess we're all waiting.

Edit: Totally unaware how I posted that in this thread, but whatever.

#121655 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 17 April 2021 - 02:59 AM

Didn't realize The Show wasn't GamePass playable until next week, so I guess we're all waiting.

I hope the character creator is just as robust, if not even better than it was in previous entries. I've never been able to make characters quite as ugly in other games as the ones I made in The Show on PS3. Watching this guy become the greatest slugger in the history of the game is among my all-time life achievements:

mBgnelv.jpg

#121656 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11209 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2021 - 04:10 AM

Case in point, I recently “acquired” Trails of Cold Steel I and II because I’ve heard you really have to play them to appreciate the story in III and IV. Tried playing the first game and was immediately bored. Couldn’t even play for 10 minutes before I just shut it off. Maybe it’s just JRPGs ... but I just couldn’t care about the slow moving plot and what seemed like way too many characters. I also had issues with Kingdom Hearts 3, which felt plodding and just awkwardly paced.

Sounds like it's just your taste in games improving!

#121657 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:40 AM

Posting this here mostly because the Steam thread seems to have the oldest, most jaded members of CAG as regular posters ... so clearly it’s the most relatable place for me ... anyway ...

Is anyone else having issues actually playing games as they get older ... Case in point, I recently “acquired” Trails of Cold Steel I and II because I’ve heard you really have to play them to appreciate the story in III and IV. Tried playing the first game and was immediately bored. Couldn’t even play for 10 minutes before I just shut it off. Maybe it’s just JRPGs ... but I just couldn’t care about the slow moving plot and what seemed like way too many characters. I also had issues with Kingdom Hearts 3, which felt plodding and just awkwardly paced.

Is it just me? Is this what getting old is? It just seems like it takes way more to actually hook me on a game these days ... and it’s easier to just buy games than actually play them. I’m considering a moratorium on new games and forcing myself to Marie Kondo my game collection where I just sell it if it doesn’t bring me joy ... shame that won’t work in a Steam library .

Honestly I would just say skip cold steel 1 and go straight to 2.  There's very little plot in the first game and what little there is was backloaded and happens right up till the cliff hanger where the game abruptly ends. cs1 is just really poorly paced and far too much of the content was bogged down with inane dialogue where every party member has to go me too/remind us that they are there. 

But really the games people play them for their on going slow burn story (despite 2 of the games still being unlocalized) npcs updating frequently and or the school sim stuff. The gameplay is good but lacks difficulty to probably keep you entertained as well. 

#121658 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8431 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:27 AM

Exit Limbo: Opening is free to own on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind...t-limbo-opening

Apparently, it can only be claimed this weekend, but it can then be downloaded later.

#121659 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26636 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:55 AM

I hope the character creator is just as robust, if not even better than it was in previous entries. I've never been able to make characters quite as ugly in other games as the ones I made in The Show on PS3. Watching this guy become the greatest slugger in the history of the game is among my all-time life achievements:

mBgnelv.jpg

eae9546e6e36f299a2bdbbad4684e635.gif

#121660 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:35 AM

Exit Limbo: Opening is free to own on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind...t-limbo-opening

Apparently, it can only be claimed this weekend, but it can then be downloaded later.

THANK YOU!  I played a demo of this on Steam and this game is GREAT.  Graphics are really good and unique and gameplay is fun but hard.  I got stuck at one part but I've been waiting for a sale on Steam.  Highly recommend it.

#121661 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 02:11 PM

Remember when I said Valeera's chapter in Book of Heroes was the worst thing Hearthstone had ever released, and possibly the worst videogame thing I've ever played? 

I take it back. The "Rokara" chapter in Book of Mercenaries came out, I'm currently playing the very first encounter, and I just passed seven turns in a row waiting to draw a playable card.

Still won the encounter. 

Riveting gameplay.

#121662 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8431 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 01:43 AM

I mostly play rogue-likes.  That way, I never get bored.  I play Caveblazers, Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, and Gonner once a day, post to the daily leaderboards, and then quit.  Once I'm done with those, I might download a new game or dial up something that I've already downloaded just to see what it's like.  If I enjoy it, then I will continue playing it.  If not, I'll quit.  No sense in wasting time with a game that I don't like.  I discovered that I enjoy the arcade racing game Horizon Chase Turbo the other day after testing it out.  But I can't marathon a 30 hour game anymore at my age, especially if I don't really like it.  :oldman:

#121663 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9619 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:28 PM

After putting it off for nearly one year I finally started Hades.  Holy cow this game is excellent.  Speaking of having a hard time getting into new games; this is a superb 30-60 minute diversion.  This is minimalist game design executed perfectly.  Love the art direction, voice acting, and the sound design.  I'm not sure how much staying power it will have; only time will tell.  I can see how people could sink 100+ hours into it.  But this is one of the best indies that I've ever played.  10/10.  :joystick:

#121664 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8431 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:00 PM

The game Balancity is free to own on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind...a.com/balancity

#121665 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:35 PM

The game Balancity is free to own on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind...a.com/balancity

If you don't get a claim link and just get a download link like me, note that his has been free on Indigala before. In fact, it's the first game I claimed on Indiegala, so to verify that it was indeed already in my library I had to find the obscure "showcase" tab in my Indiegala library (nestled amongst six other vaguely-named tabs) and click through 6 un-numbered pages to find it.

#121666 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8431 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:59 PM

If you don't get a claim link and just get a download link like me, note that his has been free on Indigala before. In fact, it's the first game I claimed on Indiegala, so to verify that it was indeed already in my library I had to find the obscure "showcase" tab in my Indiegala library (nestled amongst six other vaguely-named tabs) and click through 6 un-numbered pages to find it.

What year was that?  Just curious.

#121667 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:08 PM

What year was that?  Just curious.

I'm seeing a Reddit post from March 17th, 2020. Hard to believe I have six pages worth of IndieGala giveaways in just over a year, though.

Game is one of the better ones IndieGala has given away. Thanks for posting! 

#121668 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:57 AM

Just click the library link after claiming then go to showcase like per the instructions on the page. 2 clicks and done. 

#121669 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:14 PM

Just click the library link after claiming then go to showcase like per the instructions on the page. 2 clicks and done. 

I don't think you got my point ... 

#121670 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:41 PM

One of the better Fanatical bundles I've seen: https://www.fanatica...iller-bundle-16

Although not for me, as I already have the good titles.

Spoiler

#121671 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26636 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:50 PM

Updates for Beamdog EE versions of Classic Infinity Engine games on Steam.

Icewind Dale: EE, BG1: EE, and BG2: EE all got updates.

• Adds new portraits
  • 32-bit support removed
  • 64-bit support added
  • Bug-fixes
  • Other fixes/changes
  • Etc etc.

Updates news/patch notes:

#121672 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6043 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:57 PM

I'm all for 64 bit support but removing support for 32 bit from a game people already bought just seems shitty.

Yeah, it shouldn't effect many but they at least should have a final 32 version that they can download and still play.

#121673 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26636 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:53 PM

PC versions of L.A. Noire & Max Payne 3 got new updates to include ALL of the DLC (for all game-owners):

Eurogamer - https://www.eurogame...he-dlc-for-free

L.A. Noire Update news - https://support.rock...663-1-0-0-Notes

Max Payne 3 Update news - https://support.rock...1-0-0-255-Notes

#121674 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:08 PM

GkeKDOQHVLTHYBzoTIg31yODRUU=.gif

#121675 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5577 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:18 PM

PC versions of L.A. Noire & Max Payne 3 got new updates to include ALL of the DLC (for all game-owners):

Eurogamer - https://www.eurogame...he-dlc-for-free
L.A. Noire Update news - https://support.rock...663-1-0-0-Notes
Max Payne 3 Update news - https://support.rock...1-0-0-255-Notes

I think my grandfather used to tell me stories about those games when I was too young to blow his old man rambling off.

#121676 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:21 AM

Great news:

nwzei0H.jpg

#121677 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9255 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:51 AM

Free +1

https://store.steamp...1560330/Utopos/

#121678 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6043 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:03 AM

Great news:

nwzei0H.jpg

Boston jersey? Only Yankee pinstripes could make him uglier.

#121679 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3319 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:15 AM

Free game, claim until 1pm EST on 4/21 (about 12 hours from now):

https://store.steamp...1560330/Utopos/

#121680 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:26 PM

Boston jersey? Only Yankee pinstripes could make him uglier.

Bogral Dungus wouldn't be caught dead in a Boston jersey:

eKYhvmF.jpg