* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#122461 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 02:23 AM

My Steam Summer 2021 Haul:

Steam - 07-07-2021:

• NWN: EE - Deluxe Bundle (Complete The Bundle):
    -> Tyrants of the Moonsea DLC = $1.79
    -> Tyrants of the Moonsea OST = 53 cents
    -> Dark Dreams of Furiae DLC = 89 cents 
  • Way of the Samurai 4 (base-game) = $2.49
  • WoTS 4: Where Are They Now DLC Pack = 49 cents 
  • Wild West and Wizards = $1.49
  • Bloody Good Time = 99 cents
  • Deathspank Bundle (Complete The Bundle) = $2.80
    -> To get DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue.
  • Halo: Spartan Bundle (Halo: Spartan Assault & Halo: Spartan Strike) = $1.24

Total = $13.48

Steam (last minute purchase before 1pm) - 07-08-2021:

•  Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Expansion Pass = $4.77 (after tax).

Elsewhere:

Humble Bundle:

• July 2021 Humble Choice = $12
    (with DIRT 5, The Surge 2, Yakuza 3 Remastered, etc etc.)
  • Nioh 1: Complete Edition = $11.99

Fanatical:

• Persona 4: Golden = $9.89

GameStop (Brick & Mortar):

• Cyberpunk 2077 (PC version / retail box) = $19.11 (after tax)

#122462 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10609 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:03 AM

Steam Haul

+$22 Steam wallet from selling useless backlogged trading cards

fin

#122463 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11281 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:35 AM

I was going to grab some things, but then I came to my senses.

I'm sort of leaning towards this given the number of games I've bought in bundles over the last few months.  I'm sure stuff like Dark Souls 2 and Arkham Knight will be the same price during the Winter sale.

#122464 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 04:47 AM

I'm sort of leaning towards this given the number of games I've bought in bundles over the last few months.  I'm sure stuff like Dark Souls 2 and Arkham Knight will be the same price during the Winter sale.

This is my problem.  I look at the stuff I have installed waiting to play, then the list of things I have uninstalled that I want to play.  I pretty much won't buy something directly from steam unless I'm going to play it right away and there's nothing that I need now.

EDIT:

I'm not even talking about any +1's, just games that I actually want to play.

#122465 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5744 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:57 AM

Picked up Dusk Diver just now. Haven’t heard much about it, but gameplay videos remind me of PS2-era 3D brawlers in a good way, and the idea of exploring a neighborhood of Taipei virtually appeals to me.

#122466 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10700 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 06:03 AM

For me pickups are VNs with launch discounts really and trying out some rogue deck builders. I'll try them 2 hours or less and decide on them later. Also Card City Nights 2 since I enjoyed the first a lot although I hear 2 has a worse battle system. Will see in 2 hours if I agree.

Card City Nights 2

Chrono Ark
Erannorth Reborn
Island Diary
Slobbish Dragon Princess LOVE + PLUS
Vault of the Void

#122467 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8606 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:49 AM

Grabbed a few games before the Steam sale ended.

Fishing Adventure - 49 cents

Jack & Jill DX - 49 cents

Way of the Samurai 4 + all the DLC - $6.49

Earthworms - 59 cents

Gutwhale - $2.24

I also paused my Humble Monthly to see if I could get a coupon, but nothing doing, so I'll prolly unpause it later today.

#122468 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5804 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:40 PM

I had a little fun with the Summer Sale. I spent some time looking at SteamDB's filter tool and saw that a few of my wishlisted games were at all-time lows. Mostly, others just matched their all-time low (read: regular sale price).

So I checked into wishlisted games that had Complete the Bundle pricing to find some decent further discounts. DiRT 4 was one that caught my eye. One more decent racing game to throw on the backlog.

I also watched my activity feed to see if anyone else picked up anything interesting.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
MX Nitro
Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn  

This was a trio of well-reviewed games in a nice bundle price.

I also saw these in my Discovery Queue:

The Room

The Room Two
Glass Masquerade
Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions    

And I've actually already started The Room. I really like puzzle games and, though the series has been around a while, they were new to me. They seem to revolve around discovering how to operate and get into highly complex "physical" objects. Three dimensional decorative boxes and that kind of thing. The puzzles are not overly difficult, but they do challenge your observational ability and I've never come across a solution that I felt was unfair. I actually liked the first so well that I bought a second before I was even finished,

Time spent looking through Steam's front page: zero

#122469 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3345 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:59 PM

Just went for a handful of cheap games this time.

Now You See - $0.49
Last Room - $0.51
Dead - $0.49
50 years - $0.49
Valakas Story - $0.51
Harvester - $0.89
FATE - $0.79
Jack & Jill DX - $0.49

Debated the Wolfenstein 2-pack at $5.99 but I am still holding out for the Humble Bethesda Bundle.

#122470 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:20 PM

Epic Store:

Free Games Page:

This Week's Free Games:

• Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
  • Ironcast

Next Week's Free Games:

• Obduction
  • OffWorld Trading Company

#122471 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1500 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:35 PM

I'm a little late to the Death Stranding discussion but I played it late last year and it was one of my favorite games I played in 2020. I was really into the overall aesthetic and gameplay loop, but what really hooked me was building roads (and later the ziplines). It was incredibly satisfying to complete the routes for making deliveries. The story, of course, was absolute trash and the ending was a joke, but this is a Kojima game we're talking about here so what else is new, right?

In other news, I'm playing Ass Creed Valhalla right now and the game has crashed to the desktop 4 times in the last few days. Again, what else is new, right?

#122472 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10609 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:51 PM

The Room

The Room Two

I absolutely love all of Fireproof's Room games. I just finished Old Sins (iOS), but I think 2 and 3 are my favorites. I'll play through them, let them sit, and because I'm getting old, play through them again because I'll forget what to do. 

#122473 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 08 July 2021 - 07:21 PM

There's something immensely satisfying about the puzzle design of the Room games and the way everything transforms and unfolds as you progress.

#122474 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3723 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:14 PM

Might & Magic X has been delisted from Steam:

https://www.pcgamer....its-drm-issues/

What a crock all this has been.  Is there a way to get a refund?  I was looking forward to playing that!  I have no idea what I paid for it.  I think I might have paid full price in autistic glee, only for it to gleefully join my caglog.

#122475 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3821 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:38 PM

I splurged a bit on my B-day, earlier in June, and bought a VR game, but for the Steam Sale, my haul was commensurate to the quality of the sale:

Death Trash (Demo)

#122476 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:40 PM

Remember in the old days when you could buy a couple magazine and get a floppy/CD with a dozen demos once a month or connect to a BBS or website and download hundreds of demos whenever you want.

Now we have to get demos during seasonal sales.

#122477 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3821 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:00 PM

Shareware, PCGamer, ComputerGamingWorld and MaximumCD kept my young, poor, game craving, dumb-ass afloat for longer than I care to admit. I don't remember where it came from, but I played Half Life:Uplink over and over and over and over, for days worth of hours.

#122478 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:25 PM

Until like 10 years ago, had you asked me "Did you ever finish Wolfenstein 3d" I would've said yes.  Because I had it in my mind that the shareware version that I played constantly was the full game.

But demo and shareware CDs (similar to pic) and the discount rack at stores kept me going.  It was amazing when a magazine would include the full game.

Spoiler

#122479 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10700 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:30 PM

Yeah I had about 2-3 shareware CDs. They were awesome and half the fun was figuring how the hell to get things working haha. Some of those games were such low quality, but I had fun with everything from Wheel of Fortune rip offs to Apogee platformers (one of the reasons I loved platformers during the 8 and 16 bit eras). Good times.

#122480 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10609 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:33 PM

What a crock all this has been.  Is there a way to get a refund?  I was looking forward to playing that!  I have no idea what I paid for it.  I think I might have paid full price in autistic glee, only for it to gleefully join my caglog.

You can still download/play delisted games. They are just removed from the store and are unavailable for purchase.

Edit: Ah, didn't realize there was an issue with this particular game becoming unplayable (not familiar with the M&M games).

Spoiler

#122481 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:30 PM

No clue. Might be worth checking with support with Uplay or Steam on this one, depending on where you have it, if you are looking to refund.

Or...you could hope modders fix it or somehow Ubi actually officially fixes it.

#122482 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:49 PM

As much as I have nostalgia for the 90s and demo discs, I much prefer the modern conveniences of fast internet and actually having money to buy full games that I will never have time to play.

#122483 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15334 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 11:32 PM

Haul post:

Spoiler

#122484 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:23 AM

Does anyone know if the $10 Amazon Prime Day credit needs to all be used in one purchase?

edit: The answer is no, it doesn't all have to be used on one purchase (at least, that's how it's working for me after checking).

#122485 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6240 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:32 AM

The Might and Magic thing reminds me of my ongoing experience with iOS … just over the weekend realized that Monster Hunter Freedom Unite no longer works on the current iOS. At least most PC games have some level of compatibility, but building a game library on mobile is just a joke. I guess I’m the stupid one for continuing to buy mobile games … but damn is it annoying when a good, solid port stops working.

#122486 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5744 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:40 AM

The Might and Magic thing reminds me of my ongoing experience with iOS … just over the weekend realized that Monster Hunter Freedom Unite no longer works on the current iOS. At least most PC games have some level of compatibility, but building a game library on mobile is just a joke. I guess I’m the stupid one for continuing to buy mobile games … but damn is it annoying when a good, solid port stops working.

That’s the danger of any evolving platform, and why it’s often a good idea to keep an earlier version of the platform on hand, at least if you’re into legacy software. Mobile is absolutely the worst place for it, though, which is why I don’t believe in buying anything on mobile for more than five bucks; no matter how good the game, there’s just no telling if you’re going to be able to run it the next time you upgrade your OS or device.

#122487 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8837 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 05:18 AM

Hauls? Why not.

Spoiler

I basically used this sale to complete a bunch of sets and got some extra cheap stuff in case I'm not capable of getting these prices in the future. The most expensive thing in this lot was Team Sonic Racing, because who knows if that'll ever be put on sale again.

#122488 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3723 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 09 July 2021 - 05:33 AM

You can still download/play delisted games. They are just removed from the store and are unavailable for purchase.

Edit: Ah, didn't realize there was an issue with this particular game becoming unplayable (not familiar with the M&M games).

Spoiler

Yeah, it was a goofy setup to begin with, which is why a lot of people really rail against that type of DRM.  I'm no fan, but it's usually okay.  In this case, it was not okay, but it sounds more like a security vulnerability.  They probably won't make this mistake again... I'd like to say...

No clue. Might be worth checking with support with Uplay or Steam on this one, depending on where you have it, if you are looking to refund.

Or...you could hope modders fix it or somehow Ubi actually officially fixes it.

No dice on the refund.  They might actually fix it, though, or someone might!  Pretty sad.  M&M deserves better.  It was once a great franchise, and they seemed semi-serious about rebooting it with M&M X, and now it's practically abandonware.  Poo on Steam but also can't really blame Steam...

#122489 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, it was a goofy setup to begin with, which is why a lot of people really rail against that type of DRM.  I'm no fan, but it's usually okay.  In this case, it was not okay, but it sounds more like a security vulnerability.  They probably won't make this mistake again... I'd like to say...

No dice on the refund.  They might actually fix it, though, or someone might!  Pretty sad.  M&M deserves better.  It was once a great franchise, and they seemed semi-serious about rebooting it with M&M X, and now it's practically abandonware.  Poo on Steam but also can't really blame Steam...

The problem w/ games leaning into proprietary platforms like Uplay, Steam, Origin - yeah, is just that. Who knows on some games, what the back-end requires, even if it's a Single Player game. 

I also suspect this is why we see Xbox for PC Games on Steam also requiring Xbox PC app; Origin games (since BF3) finally coming to Steam and also still requiring Origin; UPlay games on Steam requiring UPlay; etc etc.

All these games, they just get built from the ground-up w/ Proprietary stuff (Client's Cloud Saves; client-DRM built-in & phone home check; Client's Multiplayer suite; Client's Achievements suite; etc etc) & they just slapped together w/ all that junk & port it over to Steam lazily b/c there's probably more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about - like with what M&MX is doing probably w/ its UPlay client-app crap of suite features.

All these games w/ single-player content - especially once they get old - yeah, they should be able to work offline; work without any client-app; and be able to save my game locally to the hard-drive.

Yeah, would be nice if my single-player Shenmue 3 copy worked in an offline mode on Steam or Epic - but nope, it doesn't.

But, they probably won't do that and re-work or fix  games to work properly offline b/c they probably plan to Remaster the game and re-sell it to me again, a few years down the road. [shrug]

{sarcasm} Can't until required game-streaming becomes our dystopian gaming future. {/sarcasm}

#122490 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3723 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 09 July 2021 - 04:34 PM

The problem w/ games leaning into proprietary platforms like Uplay, Steam, Origin - yeah, is just that. Who knows on some games, what the back-end requires, even if it's a Single Player game. 

I also suspect this is why we see Xbox for PC Games on Steam also requiring Xbox PC app; Origin games (since BF3) finally coming to Steam and also still requiring Origin; UPlay games on Steam requiring UPlay; etc etc.

All these games, they just get built from the ground-up w/ Proprietary stuff (Client's Cloud Saves; client-DRM built-in & phone home check; Client's Multiplayer suite; Client's Achievements suite; etc etc) & they just slapped together w/ all that junk & port it over to Steam lazily b/c there's probably more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about - like with what M&MX is doing probably w/ its UPlay client-app crap of suite features.

All these games w/ single-player content - especially once they get old - yeah, they should be able to work offline; work without any client-app; and be able to save my game locally to the hard-drive.

Yeah, would be nice if my single-player Shenmue 3 copy worked in an offline mode on Steam or Epic - but nope, it doesn't.

But, they probably won't do that and re-work or fix  games to work properly offline b/c they probably plan to Remaster the game and re-sell it to me again, a few years down the road. [shrug]

{sarcasm} Can't until required game-streaming becomes our dystopian gaming future. {/sarcasm}

I had never considered this in the depth you've presented here.  At this point, I can see no alternatives.  You're probably right.  Eventually we're just going to be streaming literally everything.  It might be considered "retro" to run anything locally at all.  We'll just fiddle around on terminals all day every day and do everything on them.  They might not even be desktop things.  Maybe we'll just have shit wired into our brains and get our reality streamed to us.

Okay I am taking this a little far and getting freaked out.  But I still think you're right about the platforms, DRM, the issues that necessarily causes, and the fact that there is simply no impetus for them to care since, as you said, they can happily just remaster everything and sell it over and over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic