* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#122701 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 06:30 PM

Thank god you answered my simple question with a simple yes. 

However, it's not enough that my question was already answered by someone. For if anyone should later come into this thread, seeing my question was already answered, and attempt in any way to be snarky or humorous, let alone do such through the use of animated gifs, my brain aneurysm shall surely return, and I will perish.

I demand that at least the next three pages of this thread consist solely of other people confirming that indeed, Postal has been given away before, and not one post attempting to be humorous or snarky in any way.

Oh, I like all of this ideas and options! Should I use a Daniel Bryan "YES" GIF? Should I use the baby "HELL YES" GIF? A Snoop Dogg "Yes sir" GIF? A Jack Nicholson "YES?"

Or something else for a GIF?

Decisions, decisions. [shrug]

#122702 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6253 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 06:32 PM

Bethesda themselves normally don't make those kind of turn-based isometric & strategic-CRPG's.

Though, Microsoft owns both InXile & Bethesda - I'd love to see Brian Fargo (one of the creators of Fallout) do a Fallout 1, 2, and/or Tactics Remaster or Remake.

I’d love to see Bethesda remake Fallout 1 and/or 2 in 3D … probably won’t ever happen, but it would be a great side project by a team like Obsidian. The stories and lore in the original 2 games is just as strong as the newer Bethesda entries … we’ve never seen a modern, 3D Fallout game return to California … which is basically where the series began (the closest we got was New Vegas) … I know people want Chicago or some other city for Fallout 5 … but I’d love to see the series return to its roots with a California setting and the addition of vehicles in some capacity (customizable car or bikes or something).

#122703 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 06:41 PM

I’d love to see Bethesda remake Fallout 1 and/or 2 in 3D … probably won’t ever happen, but it would be a great side project by a team like Obsidian. The stories and lore in the original 2 games is just as strong as the newer Bethesda entries … we’ve never seen a modern, 3D Fallout game return to California … which is basically where the series began (the closest we got was New Vegas) … I know people want Chicago or some other city for Fallout 5 … but I’d love to see the series return to its roots with a California setting and the addition of vehicles in some capacity (customizable car or bikes or something).

Obsidian, InXile, or both together would be great to remake Fallout 1 and 2 in 3D. I'd love to see that happen. I think Wasteland 3's engine would be perfect for this.

For new Fallout locations - I'd like to see New Orleans/Louisiana; and Miami (FO4 mod is being worked on & coming based on Miami).

Since you mentioned it - yeah, Chicago could and would be cool.

#122704 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4878 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 09:33 PM

I demand that at least the next three pages of this thread consist solely of other people confirming that indeed, Postal has been given away before, and not one post attempting to be humorous or snarky in any way.

How you got it is not important. What's important is that when people see the thousands of hours you've put into it on your Steam profile, they know to stay the clear f* away from you. :twoguns: :whee:           (yw)

#122705 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11402 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 25 July 2021 - 10:34 PM

The Steam Deck is totally going to launch with no major issues or problems.   Which is really important for the discerning buyers we have on here who have really fine taste in high quality home furnishings and modern interior decor.  It's a premium handheld for the refined gentleman.

Arguably, the Steam Deck is more of a Contemporary design and would probably fit more into the sleek glass and metal furnishings that would be in a home with such a design. 

I'd rather have something that was just a bit more sleek, but playing up that it is a rugged plastic case... something more Mid-Century Modern inspired, especially some pops of contrast color... like pearl inlays showing the Valve/Steam logos. 

#122706 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:44 AM

Bethesda themselves normally don't make those kind of turn-based isometric & strategic-CRPG's.

Though, Microsoft owns both InXile & Bethesda - I'd love to see Brian Fargo (one of the creators of Fallout) do a Fallout 1, 2, and/or Tactics Remaster or Remake.

Wasteland 3 was awesome - so, yeah; they'd be perfect to FO1,2 and/or Tactics Remaster or Remake properly.

EDIT:
I found this recent post on Reddit useful from a player, about what that person thinks players should use to mod Fallout 1 & 2 and even other classics:

https://www.reddit.c...web2x&context=3

Some other Bethesda/Id/Zenimax classics on that list - Quake 1 & 2; Arx Fatalis; Doom games; Heretic & Hexen; RTCW, Morrowind; etc etc.

On that note, are there any Bethesda games that I should purchase on the current GOG sale that have better versions on GOG?  

I already own the Fallout games up to New Vegas on GOG.  I'm considering Arx Fatalis and Morrowind at the moment because I keep thinking that Microsoft is going to pull these at any moment.  I know that the sale ends on Monday.

Edit: I went ahead and bought Arx Fatalis, Morrowind GOTY, and Oblivion GOTY before I got an answer because I'm impatient. 

#122707 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:13 AM

Oh, I like all of this ideas and options! Should I use a Daniel Bryan "YES" GIF? Should I use the baby "HELL YES" GIF? A Snoop Dogg "Yes sir" GIF? A Jack Nicholson "YES?"

Or something else for a GIF?

Decisions, decisions. [shrug]

giphy.gif

#122708 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6253 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:20 AM

On that note, are there any Bethesda games that I should purchase on the current GOG sale that have better versions on GOG?

I already own the Fallout games up to New Vegas on GOG. I'm considering Arx Fatalis and Morrowind at the moment because I keep thinking that Microsoft is going to pull these at any moment. I know that the sale ends on Monday.

Edit: I went ahead and bought Arx Fatalis, Morrowind GOTY, and Oblivion GOTY before I got an answer because I'm impatient.

All three of those are great … Prey, Call of Cthulhu and The Evil Within 2 are all underrated imo … Prey is probably the most polished, Cthulhu has some issues but it’s fun for the price.

#122709 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:37 AM

All three of those are great … Prey, Call of Cthulhu and The Evil Within 2 are all underrated imo … Prey is probably the most polished, Cthulhu has some issues but it’s fun for the price.

I should get another Microsoft Rewards Rebates deposit to my Paypal account in the morning, so I might grab Call of Cthulhu in the morning before I go to work.  And I'm mainly looking for low-end games, and that one should qualify.  Thanks!

#122710 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:47 AM

giphy.gif

...And so do I.

300px-Rick_Astley_balla.gif

#122711 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:54 AM

I already own the Fallout games up to New Vegas on GOG.  I'm considering Arx Fatalis and Morrowind at the moment because I keep thinking that Microsoft is going to pull these at any moment.  I know that the sale ends on Monday.

Don't know. I own most of the Bethesda stuff - for better and/or for worse - at retail and also on Steam. I never really looked into the benefits of GOG versions of Arx, Morrowind, and Oblivion.

Though, you're probably best off w/ Arx Libertatis Source Port for running Arx Fatalis; and also using OpenMW Port to run Morrowind.

[Googles around]

Interesting. Oblivion GOTY on GOG comes w/ a 4GB RAM patch, so....that's good. Just saw that on PC Gaming Wiki for Oblivion - https://www.pcgaming...ls_IV:_Oblivion

#122712 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:20 AM

Don't know. I own most of the Bethesda stuff - for better and/or for worse - at retail and also on Steam. I never really looked into the benefits of GOG versions of Arx, Morrowind, and Oblivion.

Though, you're probably best off w/ Arx Libertatis Source Port for running Arx Fatalis; and also using OpenMW Port to run Morrowind.

[Googles around]

Interesting. Oblivion GOTY on GOG comes w/ a 4GB RAM patch, so....that's good. Just saw that on PC Gaming Wiki for Oblivion - https://www.pcgaming...ls_IV:_Oblivion

Thanks.  Since I am still somewhat new to the world of PC gaming, I will have to do some research on how to use the source ports.  And I was able to get Call of Chtulhu for free this morning with my Paypal balance.

In other news, Overkill Software is giving away Steam codes for cosmetic DLC for its Payday 2 game as part of its Social Safe campaign.

https://www.overkill...y2-social-safe/

The keys are available while supplies last, and some of them were already sold out by the time that I found out about the offer.

#122713 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:07 PM

Thanks.  Since I am still somewhat new to the world of PC gaming, I will have to do some research on how to use the source ports.  And I was able to get Call of Chtulhu for free this morning with my Paypal balance.

I always recommend before people mess & mod-up w/ game-folders - might be worth backing-up the original folder elsewhere, just in case, so you don't have to re-download and re-install the game again; especially if you have a data-cap from your ISP for downloading limits. If you mess-up, you can always delete the screwed-up folder and put your back-up folder back where it was in the 1st place.

For Source Ports - first you have to install the game and do know where you actually installed it. You often have to use the installer-file of the Source Port to patch the game and point at wherever the game's installed; or if it's a ZIP file you just extract the files directly normally into the game folder.

For example - let's do Arx Fatalis.

Of course, first download & install the game from wherever you got it; GOG in your case.

For Arx Libertatis Source Port, it's on this website - https://arx-libertatis.org/download
Click on Patch 1.2 Windows Installer;  download it; run that patch & point at where you have the game installed; and let it patch it.

Then, you run Arx Libertatis port. Good to go.

#122714 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:41 AM

RunnerDot free on Steam
https://store.steamp...2740/RunnerDot/

#122715 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11285 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:54 AM

Arx is a great game if not a little rough around the edges.  Shame Arkane never revisited it.

#122716 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:20 PM

Back 4 Blood beta key giveaway
https://game.intel.com/giveaways

#122717 elessar123  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:30 PM

Won Newegg Shuffle for a 3060, but do I really want to pay $600 for a 3060?

#122718 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:31 PM

Winning an opportunity to pay nearly 2x MSRP:

vIf0lAD.gif

But I suppose it depends on your level of desperation and how much it's worth to not have to worry about the price gouging BS any more.

#122719 elessar123  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:28 PM

Yea, I ended up passing in the end. It'd be 3x the price of my 1660 Super for a 30% upgrade, which isn't worth upgrading my CPU over.

#122720 Spuke   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:49 PM

Free Steam Games:

Human: Fall Flat - W7JHG-WTNLW-TGWDP

Pang Adventures - FCTVY-ADPJ3-EC2XH

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell - QTW80-JXR6I-K5C08

The Flame in the Flood - 5K77Z-WKRWL-9LNL3

ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ Premium Edition - TVKHE-7BNIT-RZHV4
Puzzle Agent - KWBW4-GWDNV-AXFAC
Puzzle Agent 2 - JADX4-F0F2D-XLMBY

Thomas Was Alone - 6VJC3-CQJ8P-PHMA2

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 2K28K-C3DT9-CP0GH

The Walking Dead: Season 1 - PVWLV-B678C-IFHXT

:wave:

#122721 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3369 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:55 PM

Puzzle Agent

Puzzle Agent 2 

:wave:

Grabbed these, thank you.

#122722 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11285 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:26 PM

So... will GPU prices ever 'normalize?'  Two years?  Five years?  Fifty?

#122723 elessar123  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:31 PM

Doesn't seem like it will in the next year still.

In 2 years, maybe?

#122724 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9325 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:41 AM

394Qm3p.gif

Spoiler

But I'm more sad by this one... cause while I liked some ZZ Top songs, I spent countless late nights watching his infomercials.

Spoiler

#122725 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:16 AM

Set him but don’t forget him.

#122726 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6092 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:15 AM

Won Newegg Shuffle for a 3060, but do I really want to pay $600 for a 3060?

I never did figure out how to get in the drawing... which, ultimately, means I guess I didn't really care but I think I would have jumped on that it if was just in a store.

#122727 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:30 PM

Epic Game Store:

Free Games Page - click me!

This Week's Freebies:

• Mothergunship
  • Train Sim World 2

Next Week's Freebies:

• A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Speedbrawl

#122728 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:42 PM

So... will GPU prices ever 'normalize?'  Two years?  Five years?  Fifty?

ya know you asked if the beer plague would lower hardware prices and i feel like you jinxed it. so i think you should keep these things to yourself... lol jk, i don't know when they'll normalize.

#122729 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2021 - 06:13 PM

Forza Motorsport 7 is reaching "End of Life" status & this game and its DLC's are getting de-listed on Sept. 15:

https://forzamotorsp...t-7-end-of-life

Forza Motorsport 7 Versions are on sale on the Windows Store:

• Standard Ed. (Base-game only) = $9.99
  • Deluxe (FM7 base; and DLC's for VIP, Fate of the Furious, Hoonigan) = $14.99
  • Ultimate (FM7 base; and DLC's for VIP, Fate of the Furious, Hoonigan & Car Pass) = $19.99

#122730 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26913 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 01:08 PM

Still Life is Free over on IndieGala:

https://freebies.ind....com/still-life

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic