Major shake-up at EA on-going regarding the Battlefield Universe:
- DICE GM Oskar Gabrielson is leaving the company to pursue a new endeavor outside of EA.
- Rebecka Coutaz, the former studio director at Ubisoft Annecy, is taking over for Gabrielson as GM of DICE going forward.
- Gabrielson is staying on with DICE & EA for the rest of the year to help Coutaz with the transition to the role of GM.
- Respawn's Vince Zampella is taking on a bigger role as the new overall boss of the Battlefield franchise
- Halo designer Marcus Lehto is building a new development team in Seattle.
- Letho's team will be focused on injecting more storytelling into the Battlefield universe.
- Lehto, the man who designed Master Chief & played a major role in making Halo what it is today.
- Whatever Lehto's team creates, it will show up in "later seasons" for Battlefield 2042 and "beyond."
- Ripple Effect, the developer of Battlefield 2042's Portal mode, is developing a new Battlefield experience in the Battlefield 2042 universe; and they will continue to support Portal.