* * * * - 85 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#127021 elessar123  

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, the atmosphere and lore of Bloodborne definitely keeps me coming back to it. Even the arcane mechanics, which I haven't dabbled with beyond pyromancy in DS were fun and interesting. And I've always had more of a thing for the medieval vibe that DS has vs far Eastern settings. I just keep trying to convince myself because I feel like I should like these similar, but very different games.

Most of what you say you enjoy, you should like Elden Ring quite a bit. Assuming you haven't played it.

#127022 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5301 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 13 August 2022 - 05:05 AM

AbsoluteChiefDolphin-size_restricted.gif

magnumpi-magnum.gif

#127023 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6232 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 13 August 2022 - 02:38 PM

Trying to clean up my wishlist...

That seems really similar to trying to take care of the ole backlog... I wish you luck!  (I honestly think half my wish list is games that are negative to mostly negative ratings that I'll never buy but caught my eye before they released.)

Alone in the Dark, the first one was such a joy.  Honestly, I think the first scary game I played.  I don't think it would be scary today due to the tech but I might try it again...  I never got through the whole thing.  I got stuck in the area where there's a maze you have to find a way though with a lantern.  At least that's what I thought. Whomever mention it being obtuse with some puzzles wasn't kidding.  I spent days trying to get past a set of armor in a hallway. You end up having to throw a statue at it.  (If I remember correctly.)

I picked up all the Alone in the Dark games...  Illuminati, which I've never played, is a shit heap that was designed (poorly at that) for co-op. I really think that all that needs to be said.

The new hunting game, Way of the Hunter, looks really awesome in youtube videos.  I never thought I would be interested in such things but I've put in lots of hours in theHunter CotW and found that I really do enjoy it. (I think some of it might just be walking through the forests and other environments.  Something I really can't do in real life anymore.)

#127024 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2022 - 05:34 PM

AbsoluteChiefDolphin-size_restricted.gif

magnumpi-magnum.gif

RIP TC

#127025 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2022 - 04:11 PM

See, normally if you flip a coin, you got a 50/50 chance of guessing right. But this coin is a genetic freak and it's not normal. So you got a 25% at best, at getting it right. And then you add a third side to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down.

This and Brett going "tell it to my face BILL GOLDBERG" are my favorite promo's ever.

#127026 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11461 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 15 August 2022 - 12:33 AM

Scott Steiner went to University of Michigan after all.

#127027 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6232 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 August 2022 - 03:58 PM

We probably all have it as I have no idea how I got it.

Call to Arms - Basic Edition 4Z8QG-56ZQ*-4T92L

*George Brett's number

Gone!

#127028 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2022 - 04:22 PM

Call to Arms - Basic Edition 4Z8QG-56ZQ*-4T92L

*George Brett's number

Thanks.

#127029 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 15 August 2022 - 04:27 PM

People who don't already have it after finding out it's been grabbed:

lYYW9M.gif

#127030 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8203 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 15 August 2022 - 05:19 PM

#127031 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6232 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 August 2022 - 05:29 PM

People who don't already have it after finding out it's been grabbed:

Such a crazy incident in sports... One of the few times were a appeal was granted and the teams had to finsh the game a few weeks later.

Of course, today people couldn't fathom an actual rivalry between the Yankees and the Royals but it existed and the two teams hated each other. (They even had a good fist fight in the postseason that resulted in no one getting thrown out of the game.)

#127032 Baltore  

Posted 16 August 2022 - 07:18 AM

Such a crazy incident in sports... One of the few times were a appeal was granted and the teams had to finsh the game a few weeks later.

Of course, today people couldn't fathom an actual rivalry between the Yankees and the Royals but it existed and the two teams hated each other. (They even had a good fist fight in the postseason that resulted in no one getting thrown out of the game.)

George Brett is an a-hole. As a kid I was at a game really late on the parking lot when he came out to leave with another player. A kid approached him with a pen and a ball for him to sign. He took both from the kid and threw them as far as he could. Kid just sat down and cried, and Brett laughed at him. 

#127033 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6381 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2022 - 06:37 PM

POE2 Obsidian at a new historical low (near as I can tell) at Fanatical for their daily flash deal.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/

#127034 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2022 - 06:46 PM

Is it all one key for the obsidian version?

#127035 elessar123  

Posted 16 August 2022 - 09:43 PM

I played an hour of the DioField Chronicles demo.

<snip>

I finally tried it yesterday (on PS5 though).

1. The controls also feels like it was designed for a PC in mind, but then people playing on PC say they wish it was designed with PC in mind. So maybe they tried to compromise and missed both targets.

• The movement queue is a little limited. You only get like 3 waypoints per character.
  • Some of the QoL is odd. I keep leaving the shop purchase screen because if you hit back, it doesn't go back to the weapon categories; it goes back a page.
  • Unsure how it is on PC, but on PS5, prompts appear before you can actually input something. So at least a few times, I'll see a prompt <Yes> <No> or whatever, hit confirm, and nothing happens. Because you have to wait like half a second before the input registers.

2. The 2D art is fine, but the 3D is lacking in details. It's passable, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

3. At the beginning, it felt very much like a MOBA, where you just send a unit and it auto attacks. But it quickly got past that where you'd want to use skills, and you're issuing a lot of movements and commands.

4. I played on hard, and while most missions have been easy, I've been stuck on at level 11 side mission. I've failed 3x so far and I don't really know how to beat it. Unless I'm supposed to grind, because my characters die in a couple of hits when a strong unit shows up.

While I was initially unimpressed, I did enjoy it more than I expected to. Should it be $40 instead? I don't know, because I don't know how much is in the main game. But the demo itself was quite lengthy.

#127036 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6659 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2022 - 12:04 AM

Is it all one key for the obsidian version?

One key, covers all the dlc that appears on Steam.

#127037 MysterD   42 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2022)) CAGiversary!   27970 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2022 - 03:03 PM

Epic Store - Freebies:

This Week:

- DOOM 64.

- RumbleVerse: Boom Boxer Content.

Next Week:

- Ring of Pain.

EDIT:

- Shout-out to Insomniac below for pointing out Doom 64 as free. Added it to my post here.

#127038 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 18 August 2022 - 03:15 PM

Doom 64 is also free from Epic, but it's like a buck and a quarter on Steam and is worth all 124 pennies.

#127039 MysterD   42 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2022)) CAGiversary!   27970 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2022 - 03:44 PM

Doom 64 is also free from Epic, but it's like a buck and a quarter on Steam and is worth all 124 pennies.

Awesome. Added that news to my post. Nice catch.

Doom 64 is also $1.24 over on GOG too.

A total steal on all of the stores, no matter where you grab it from (if you are "okay" w/ Epic and their shenanigans) or buy it from (such as Steam or GOG).

#127040 MysterD   42 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2022)) CAGiversary!   27970 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2022 - 03:55 PM

Embracer Group buys out more stuff - LOTR/Hobbit IP's ; Tolkien IP's; TripWire and more.

Embracer is back to buying everything again.

First, they bought a ton of THQ-Nordic stuff, then Square Enix Non-Japan Stuff...
...now add TripWire Interactive (makers of Killing Floor games & Maneater).
And they also bought the IP's for both Lord of the Rings IP & The Hobbit; and any other Tolkien-related stuff.

News/Sources:

#127041 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 18 August 2022 - 05:42 PM

True to their word, my steam order email just came in.

Anyone know of any legitimate steam wallet code discounts? I've already cashed in all my GameStop credit but I've got another $200 to go. Seems I can't even get Target's red card 5% off without a trip into the store. Not looking to risk my account with eneba or gameflip. Thanks!

#127042 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:25 PM

True to their word, my steam order email just came in.

Anyone know of any legitimate steam wallet code discounts? I've already cashed in all my GameStop credit but I've got another $200 to go. Seems I can't even get Target's red card 5% off without a trip into the store. Not looking to risk my account with eneba or gameflip. Thanks!

Got a Chase CC? If so, you might have an offer for 20% off at Gamestop (up to $20) so that would take care of half of what you need.

#127043 MysterD   42 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2022)) CAGiversary!   27970 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:51 PM

My laptop coolers arrived yesterday and I'm looking forward to my new gaming laptop showing up soon. So...yay. 

EDIT:

Yeah, my SC15 died last year and my Acer 960m laptop has been feeling like of late it's on its last legs. Time to move on to another laptop.

#127044 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8203 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 18 August 2022 - 10:41 PM

Rumor is that Death Stranding will get announced for Game Pass PC tomorrow. I started the game a few days ago and it's actually pretty good. Didn't thought I would like it because the basic premise was about delivering packages. The first hour of the game was really weird as hell too.

#127045 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2022 - 10:54 PM

Rumor is that Death Stranding will get announced for Game Pass PC tomorrow. I started the game a few days ago and it's actually pretty good. Didn't thought I would like it because the basic premise was about delivering packages. The first hour of the game was really weird as hell too.

Whole game goes way out of its way to be unnecessarily weird. It's still pretty good though. The gameplay does become interesting if you give it time. If the director's cut version goes up it'll give me no reason to consider the paid upgrade.

#127046 dualrec  

Posted 19 August 2022 - 01:25 AM

Death stranding... man.. I tried it. Hated it. Then took advice and stuck with it for a few hours. Weird as hell but blew me away. Story was very good at pulling me in after I committed.

#127047 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 19 August 2022 - 05:44 PM

Death Stranding confirmed for PC Game Pass on August 23rd. OG version, no Director's Cut. I don't expect an upgrade path either since it would be a separate listing and not just DLC added in-game.

#127048 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2022 - 05:49 PM

Can’t wait to get my deck so I can play some of these Sony exclusives handheld. My getmydeck % has been jumping since Monday was 6% now 34.99%. I still have a good while and hopefully Spider-Man is like $20 by then lol

#127049 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6381 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2022 - 11:08 PM

I'm having... something of a crisis, and I don't know where else to turn. I was having dinner at a restaurant with my father last night, and... well, we don't always see eye to eye on a lot of things—issues of science, politics, faith—, but something he said... I just don't know what to do about.

You see, I was asking him how his pizza flatbread thing was... and... and he said it could use some pineapple. I just... how do you even deal with something like that? Your own father?

junilo-sad.gif

#127050 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 19 August 2022 - 11:53 PM

If you think delivering packages is addicting just wait until you start building roads. I thought Death Stranding's story was absolute **** but goddamn it I could have spent the rest of my life building roads in that stupid game. And don't even get me started on crafting zipline chains.