* * * * * 59 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#24061 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9808 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago   Has been playing PC
PC

Posted Today, 07:09 PM

I'd gladly whisper sweet nothings into anyones ear that would power me to a 70 for the season. I haven't played at all this season.
synnarc#1676 is my battle.net

Added you. (Neuro5i5#1692)

So is gamersgate ok buy from? I remember some time back they were charging extra for exchange rates, or something, when the bill was coming to people.

Also, what version /Gane do you get for titan quest? I always prefer drm free, but does it offer a steam copy /where are you downloading the game from?

I was just going to get it from indie gala since they had it for 4.99, but the price jumped back up to regular for some reason (the rest of the other games are still on sale). The indie gala deal would give a steam copy.

GamersGate is OK to buy from. They have been more skidish in honoring some more recent price glitches, but they're an authorized distributor if that's what you mean. As for TQ on GamersGate, it should have key activation for the downloads, but no to Steam keys.
Remember Sammy Jankis.

#24062 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13228 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:13 PM

GamersGate is OK to buy from. They have been more skidish in honoring some more recent price glitches, but they're an authorized distributor if that's what you mean. As for TQ on GamersGate, it should have key activation for the downloads, but no to Steam keys.

y u sadpanda GamersGate??

#24063 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   4935 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Moon Patrol

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 07:22 PM

Assuming that you're using Paypal, Gamersgate doesn't directly charge for foreign (US) sales but your specific credit card might.  My own debit and credit cards never did but some people report getting an extra ding.

Nuuvem is the big one for getting hit by conversion fees (again, it's really Paypal) and I mentally round up to the nearest quarter when converting prices.  A game that comes out as $3.81 when adjusted on XE.com will probably be more like $4 via Paypal.

I assume the difference between the two is that GG is charging you in US dollars and Nuuvem is charging you in converted Brazilian reals.

#24064 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18062 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted Today, 07:24 PM

How does key activation exactly work? I've never bought from gamersgate before. All I remember was there was some pissed off who bought from them 2/3 years ago. Also, I'm just surprised that there's a drm free version and it's not from gog or on gog

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#24065 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   4935 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Moon Patrol

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 07:29 PM

For non-Steam/Uplay/Origin games, you usually download it directly from Gamersgate and, depending on the game, may get an activation key that you paste into a pop-up window the first time you play it.  You'll find the key (if you need one) in your GG games library just like you would a Steam activation key.

#24066 Master Miguel   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted Today, 07:36 PM

I'd gladly whisper sweet nothings into anyones ear that would power me to a 70 for the season. I haven't played at all this season.

synnarc#1676 is my battle.net

Is there anyway to check what seasons you've reached level 70 in?  I know I did the first season but can't remember if I missed the 2nd or not.  If I didn't miss the 2nd season I might be interested as well, 30 minutes is a lot quicker than the weeks and weeks it seems to take me solo.

#24067 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:20 PM

Is there anyway to check what seasons you've reached level 70 in?  I know I did the first season but can't remember if I missed the 2nd or not.  If I didn't miss the 2nd season I might be interested as well, 30 minutes is a lot quicker than the weeks and weeks it seems to take me solo.

Your seasonal stats should be in your profile. It is the helmet icon on the main menu (shift+P) or right click on your own character portrait in game and select view profile.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#24068 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18062 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted Today, 08:29 PM

I guess my last question is whether you should just get the game from gamersgate or wait for it from somewhere else?

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#24069 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   4935 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Moon Patrol

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 08:39 PM

I guess my last question is whether you should just get the game from gamersgate or wait for it from somewhere else?

If Steam isn't important to you, go ahead and get it from GG.  If you feel more comfortable with it on Steam, you'll have to wait.  Indiegala had it for $5 yesterday but that sale ended.