* * * * * 64 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#29611 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:59 AM

How much time did you get out of DLC 1+2?

I don't know about 2, but the first one, Jaws of Hakkon, took me about 5 hours to do everything.

I thought it was good though. It had some challenging fights and gave some nice backstory about the Avaar.

#29612 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2797 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted Today, 05:02 AM

How much time did you get out of DLC 1+2?

Less than a handful of hours with each.

JoH has a short story and offers up some sidequests to pad it. With the sidequests I probably got about 4 hours out of it?

Descent also had a short story but it and the few sidequests it offered, which are collection sidequests btw, are all in a linear ~7 story dungeon. Before you get excited the layers are all short and I actually spent more time in combat than I did exploring. I got maybe 6 hours out of it but most of that was either in combat or me trying hard to find something other than enemies to fight. I really feel like I got <4 hours worth of content.

#29613 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   12135 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

I really liked DAI but I never bothered with the DLC. From everything I've read they've seem short and tacked on unrelated to anything to do with the main storyline.

This one from that Q&A sounds like it will give a chance to chat with companions post ending briefly and get some epilogue info, but the main story deals with Qunari invasion with is again just some side tangent. They've pretty much said the stuff in that sort of cliffhanger / twist ending isn't really going to be dealt with but saved for a future game.

Eh, I'll wait and see and read some responses and then maybe grab it on a sale. The value on those DLC is way less because I'm not getting 100+ hours for $50 I'm getting 4 hours for $15. Even heading south of the border for a bit of a discount still doesn't make it worth it for me if the DLC is short and the story is tangential and not really drawing me in.

2969.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#29614 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted Today, 11:36 AM

#29615 Gedemer   Boss CAG CAGiversary!   3727 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:45 PM

At this point, SE can go Fuck themselves

#29616 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted Today, 01:08 PM

At this point, SE can go Fuck themselves

Pretty much, I totally agree with you.

"Development of Final Fantasy XV began shortly before its unveiling at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade fair in May 2006, where it was announced for the PlayStation 3 under its original title Final Fantasy Versus XIII".

9 years.... have passed since that announcement.

inb4 another Duke Nukem twin fail.

Edited by Tomasety, Today, 01:09 PM.

#29617 ObsidianSpire   Obsidian FTW! CAGiversary!   1540 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ObsidianSpire

Posted Today, 01:59 PM

Azure Striker Gunvolt seems to be a really bad port from the 3DS.  :(  

Inti Creates is also behind Mighty No. 9 and Bloodstained for the majority of the versions.  Just makes me not want to try their upcoming games on PC. 

FreqFlux- small, simple rhythm game I'm working on. 

Currently in Alpha.  Try FF out and share your criticisms so it can get better. 

#29618 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   12135 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:06 PM

Inti Creates is also behind Mighty No. 9 and Bloodstained for the majority of the versions.  Just makes me not want to try their upcoming games on PC. 

I almost bought it but read up on it and seems like I dodged a bullet. Watched a Youtube video and it looks like half assed 3DS emulator complete with two screens and then a background on a bunch of unused screen space. There's a ton of complaints about it too.

Definitely not paying for that. Maybe it will sneak in with some other games I actually want in a bundle someday.

Again, I say Japanese should outsource their ports.

2969.png
-jle7385

#29619 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster w/ approx. 4GB VRAM CAGiversary!   17741 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:19 PM

Pretty much, I totally agree with you.

"Development of Final Fantasy XV began shortly before its unveiling at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade fair in May 2006, where it was announced for the PlayStation 3 under its original title Final Fantasy Versus XIII".

9 years.... have passed since that announcement.

inb4 another Duke Nukem twin fail.

9 years....not a good sign.

I hope that since this game has been in a very long-term Development Hell, they can straighten things out and get this game out of that and release something amazing.

We can only...

tumblr_mnei69lf9p1sqsmceo2_1280.jpg

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#29620 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13672 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:57 PM

At least they've patched the game and fixed a major graphics issue for AMD users, so it's showing some progress. Bloodstained will have a beta period on GOG/Steam before the full release so I'm hoping most potential issues will get patched before final release

#29621 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   12135 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

Spoiler

Is that the character from the new game? Their character designs this century all seem to have this creepy Asian person who got eye fold surgery, bleached their hair and put in blue contacts look.

2969.png
-jle7385

#29622 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster w/ approx. 4GB VRAM CAGiversary!   17741 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

Is that the character from the new game? Their character designs this century all seem to have this creepy Asian person who got eye fold surgery, bleached their hair and put in blue contacts look.

Naw.

That's Hope from FF13.

I was saying "We can only have Hope (that FF15 turns out well)".

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.