Puyo Puyo Tetris (JP), has anyone played this?

Sigma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
puyo-puyo-tetris-378347.7.jpg

Giant Bomb Quick Look 

I have been debating on importing this for a little while now. I was wondering if anyone has it yet and has some thoughts. I love the Puyo Puyo series and Tetris. This also looks like one of the best things Sega has put out in sometime. It will unfortunately not be released in the States due to the Tetris licenses being with Ubi right now. This game is region free and available on Play-Asia for about $54, which is steep for a puzzle game, but for an import the price isn't too bad. 

Our friendly neighborhood game journalist, EastX, has had some coverage of it and he digs the game. Here's a link to a recent twitch stream.

http://www.windowscentral.com/japanese-games-twitch-contest

I believe he was working on a guide for the game, as well.
Seems like people are really digging. Giant Bomb loved it as well, I'll probably import a copy soon considering the flow of new releases has died down for me until March. I always enjoy having a few imports in my collection so this will be a nice addition to my growing Xbox One library.

I just ordered a copy for my X1 today from Play Asia.

I'd keep an eye on stock, GiantBomb Quicklooks sometimes have an odd effect on inventory of weird/import games like this. The copy I ordered isn't shipping until 1/17/15 as that's their estimated stock arrival. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is so fantastic.  I imported it for the PS4, and have been steadily working my way through the various modes.  Just beat the first world in Adventure.  Played for a couple of hours with my brother, working through all the multiplayer modes.  My favorite is the competitive puzzle mode, where you need to quickly solve puzzle patterns.  The Tetris ones are easy, but I can't wrap my head around some of the Puyo Puyo ones yet.

bread's done
Back