Wii hits coming! Super Mario Galaxy 2 out today!

Is this on the eShop? I'm not at home so I can't check on my Wii U but I'm not seeing anything on the website.

Is this on the eShop? I'm not at home so I can't check on my Wii U but I'm not seeing anything on the website.
eShop. I got the news from Nintendo Direct this AM then from IGN. I wish N had a webstore. I havent been down to the cave yet to fire up any game systems. But I wanna know how much!

Detroit, what! *pounds chest*

Regarding SMG2, you have to use the Wii remote for... pointing at shit and shaking.
Ugh! Deal breaker on these games. If I can control the game with the pro controller I would be all over these, but the last thing I want to do is use a wiimote and nunchuck to play anything. $9.99 is a great deal for these though.

Nintendo announces Wii games for download through Wii U eshop and states that games with classic controller support will have Wii U gamepad support.......then proceeds to release the first three games with no Wii U gamepad controller support.

Brilliant!! At least, NoE released Donkey Kong Country Returns within the first month. That has classic controller support, ie gamepad controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable, Nintendo gives us two awesome, and one great game, and people still find shit to bitch about.  (and yes, I did like Punch out!)

Nintendo announces Wii games for download through Wii U eshop and states that games with classic controller support will have Wii U gamepad support.......then proceeds to release the first three games with no Wii U gamepad controller support.

Brilliant!! At least, NoE released Donkey Kong Country Returns within the first month. That has classic controller support, ie gamepad controls.
You sure about that? I thought one of the main complaints about that game was that you had the required waggle to roll, and the classic controller wasn't supported.

[quote name="coolz481" post="12413727" timestamp="1421320770"]You sure about that? I thought one of the main complaints about that game was that you had the required waggle to roll, and the classic controller wasn't supported.[/quote]

Yup. DKCR needs motion control. On the other hand, Punch-Out!! allowed a side Wiimote control scheme. I wonder if that will be game pad supported.

Last edited by a moderator:
All games will be half price the first week! Next week is Punch Out then Detroit Prime TRILOGY!
Detroit Prime!

11.jpg

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask,but am I missing out on anything if I skip galaxy and go straight to Galaxy2. And I'm not talking about story stuff, just good gameplay.

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask,but am I missing out on anything if I skip galaxy and go straight to Galaxy2. And I'm not talking about story stuff, just good gameplay.
Yeah, you are. Some of it is more of the same while other bits are same but different, if that makes sense. You don't have to play one before the other really, though. I would say go for SMG2 now, then grab Galaxy 1 when/if they stick that on here, too. It's weird they went with 2 instead of 1, but maybe they figured more people had 1 on disc and skipped 2 in the waning days of the Wii.

[quote name="Jesse_Dylan" post="12416527" timestamp="1421385588"]Yeah, you are. Some of it is more of the same while other bits are same but different, if that makes sense. You don't have to play one before the other really, though. I would say go for SMG2 now, then grab Galaxy 1 when/if they stick that on here, too. It's weird they went with 2 instead of 1, but maybe they figured more people had 1 on disc and skipped 2 in the waning days of the Wii.[/quote]

The first one was also re-released as A Nintendo Selects game so it's more readily available then the second one.

This is awesome. I've wanted the MP collection for ages but didn't want to pay the ridiculous resale prices. I'm also glad that DKCR and Kirby will be coming, too. Those are some other games that I've wanted to pick up now that I've got my Wii U.

I'm actually hoping that we might see Pikmin 1 and 2 in this list eventually. Those still seem to be relatively pricey used (a trend for that series, ugh) at around $45-$50. If they could put those on the eShop like they have with Pikmin 3, I'd pick them up in a heartbeat.

Suddenly interested in Punch-Out... Didn't realize I could play it without the waggle business.
Yeah I plan on getting Punch-Out. I wish Mario Galaxy 2 didn't require the wiimote and nunchuck. I have a wiimote, but no nunchuck and I don't plan on buying one as I hate that control scheme with a passion, it's so cumbersome. I wish Nintendo would re-release more Wii games on the eShop, but support the pro controller for those of us who want to play these games and not have to use the wii controls.

I've got Super Mario Galaxy 2 saves on my Wii which I can transfer to Wii U using an SD card. Does anyone know if they work with this version of Galaxy 2?

If you have the SMG2 save file on the Wii U Wii Mode, it should work.
Thanks for the info. Having just tested it, I can confirm that the save files are 100% compatible and shared between the Wii U Super Mario Galaxy 2 (launched from the main Wii U menu) and the disc version of Super Mario Galaxy 2 (launched from the Wii Menu inside a Wii U). I created a new file using the Wii U SMG2 icon and collected a few stars. Then I quit out and inserted the physical SMG2 disc and continued the file. After collecting a few more stars, I quit the Wii Menu and ejected the disc. I restarted the Wii U SMG2 and all progress was shared correctly. Good job, Nintendo, you did something correctly. :)

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on Metroid Prime Trilogy. I tried the original (MP1) and never gave it a true chance. For $10, I'll happily buy it as a Bday gift for myself. ;)

This is brilliant by Nintendo, very little work for them, reasonably priced quality content for Wii U owners, and I'm sure they'll sell a ton of copies of these games.  I hope the strategy of games being $10 the week they come out continues past the first few games.  Everyone who doesn't own Super Mario Galaxy 2 should buy it, that game is the finest of the 3D Mario games in my opinion, and the two player mode is great if you have someone who isn't really a gamer (girlfriend, young child, etc) but wants to play with you.  I never played any of the Metroid games, I always planned on picking up Trilogy but didn't find a copy before the prices got crazy, so I'm looking forward to picking that up.

I wonder if/when we'll see 3rd party Wii games released like this.

Prepared a 16 gig flash drive in preparation of Metroid. Hopefully it lives for a while, but I plan on grabbing a HDD soon. Might grab SMG and Punchout, but just grabbed No More Heroes 2 on disc so I'm not starved for games.

If you can play punch out with the pro controller then I will get that on day one also.
I hope this is the case too. It doesn't support the classic controller pro, BUT you can play it with just the wii remote, so it seems like you should be able to play it on the gamepad only since the nunchuck is not needed.

I hope this is the case too. It doesn't support the classic controller pro, BUT you can play it with just the wii remote, so it seems like you should be able to play it on the gamepad only since the nunchuck is not needed.
NES VC games are like this, too, but they require the remote. I know that might be because they want us to buy the Wii U versions instead, though! Here's to hoping for Wii games we can just play with the dang gamepad or pro controller.

It'll be a hard swallow for me at $20, but at $10, instant purchases.
This. Nintendo can (and will) make a fortune just by re-releasing these titles. And for stuff like MPT/Kirby, I appreciate it as a CAG because it is significantly undercutting the current used/marketplace prices. Keep these titles rolling.

I really hope that Kirby's return to dreamland gets released on here. I love telling people about that game, but hate telling them the price.

bread's done
Back