* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#11941 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:46 AM

Does it show the Majoras Mask in the ad? If it does they are supposed to guarantee stock or it's considered a bait and switch.

Yea it did show Majoras Mask in the ad, someone probably screwed it up. It was actually not in current weeks ad.

#11942 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

We have a term for that, it's called "deception". If you advertise something that you will have zero stock of, is that legal?

I recall bestbuy getting in trouble for this because they were advertising stuff for black friday, employees bought up the stock before the store opening, zero stock for the customers...

No and no and just no. That's not how it works.

Retailers had HP Touchpads listed in their weekly ads weeks after the were bought up during the fire sale because you know.... those ads are printed weeks to months in advance and sometimes things happen like Nintendo ships less consoles then promised.

That is why retailers post ad retractions in the front of stores and appropriate departments. 

Edit: In regards to the BB situation; if the ad says "guaranteed "X" units" or "Minimum of "X" units" then you would have a leg to stand on

#11943 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3680 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:49 AM

Yeah, why is nobody talking about lining up tonight?  That's probably the only (albeit very small) chance of people getting these unless they keep making them. Thought someone mentioned there was a corporate email saying to hold for sunday. The managers could probably hide stock somehow, especially if corporate sent some message.

hke4k.jpg

#11944 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Yea it did show Majoras Mask in the ad, someone probably screwed it up. It was actually not in current weeks ad.

It is in the ad that starts tomorrow. 

They are supposed to have stock of it...... Which we all know will not happen so they have tons of angry ranters.

#11945 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Nope. That's not how it works. A handful of times Kmart advertised games like GT5 that had been delayed in their weekly ads. Other retailers have done this too. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Junior lawyers and those that like to throw around the word "compensation" tend to think it means something though.

It depends on your jurisdiction, it's not legal in all parts of the world. Of course no one's going to actually sue over 200 dollar console....

#11946 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:50 AM

No and no and just no. That's not how it works.

Retailers had HP Touchpads listed in their weekly ads weeks after the were bought up during the fire sale because you know.... those ads are printed weeks to months in advance and sometimes things happen like Nintendo ships less consoles then promised.

That is why retailers post ad retractions in the front of stores and appropriate departments. 

Edit: In regards to the BB situation; if the ad says "guaranteed "X" units" or "Minimum of "X" units" then you would have a leg to stand on

If they post a ad retraction then they cover themselves.

#11947 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:51 AM

What the actual Fuck?

Hey that's me

#11948 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:53 AM

It depends on your jurisdiction, it's not legal in all parts of the world. Of course no one's going to actually sue over 200 dollar console....

You sure? lol 

Do you forget this America where someone can hand you a cup of fresh brewed coffee, spill on themselves, sue, and win....

Or eat McDonalds every day for 3 years, and sue them for being obese. 

#11949 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3680 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

Now that I think of it, when I visited a few Targets yesterday for the heck of it late in the day, I noticed they didn't have any shelf tags for the zelda system left up, so maybe they know they will never have any more and wanted people to stop seeing it and asking.

#11950 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

You sure? lol

Do you forget this America where someone can hand you a cup of fresh brewed coffee, spill on themselves, sue, and win....

Well let's get a class action lawsuit going, free 3ds's for all!

#11951 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6790 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:59 AM

You sure? lol

The coffee situation was actually valid. It really should indicate the temperature on it. Its assumed itsnhot but places like Star Bucks do offer cold coffee.

The obese situation was dumb. But technically anywhere in the world you can aue someone for something. Doesn't mean you'd win though

#11952 rp71284   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:00 AM

Did anybody who ordered a MH4 n3DS from GameStop on Friday get theirs? My order is just sitting as open.

Oh and the MM Skull Kid at Amazon is even worse... Mine is giving me an expected date of April 17. Does Amazon think Nintendo is going to make more or do they have a hidden stock somewhere?

#11953 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

Did anybody who ordered a MH4 n3DS from GameStop on Friday get theirs? My order is just sitting as open.

Oh and the MM Skull Kid at Amazon is even worse... Mine is giving me an expected date of April 17. Does Amazon think Nintendo is going to make more or do they have a hidden stock somewhere?

Got mine. They sent it next day shipping.

#11954 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3680 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

There have been some rare situations where they take more orders expecting more stock, keep asking you to ok the delay, and then eventually cancel with no consolation.  Did you also order yesterday?  I don't remember seeing a "only x amount left" for the item, and I doubt they had more than a few left from cancellations to actually sell during that 3 minute window.

But it is also possible nintendo is sending a 2nd wave of these like they are in australia, but just not telling anyone in the US yet so the hype stays high.  No retailer has cancelled skull kid orders that I know of.

#11955 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:05 AM

According to NoE, they stated on their website that there will be more mm 3ds xl in march coming. Perhaps the same for NoA.

#11956 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

According to NoE, they stated on their website that there will be more mm 3ds xl in march coming. Perhaps the same for NoA.

Well then its not a good sign that NOA took down the Majora's Mask 3ds page.

#11957 NeoMonk  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

If Best Buy cancels on me now after "preparing order" for 3 days... AND AFTER they charged my credit card over a month ago... (already got the bill & it's due in a few days so I might have to pay it...) I fully expect them to give me more than a $50 voucher and some generic apology Or I will be raising hell.

QD5Ae.gif

#11958 ads_2006   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ads_2006

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

Does it show the Majoras Mask in the ad? If it does they are supposed to guarantee stock or it's considered a bait and switch. 

Car dealerships do that all the time don't they?

Hey heres a car with all the bells and whistles for like 20'gs, but we only have 1 in stock.

I believe the ad says limited quantities so they are covered. 

#11959 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

If Best Buy cancels on me now after "preparing order" for 3 days... AND AFTER they charged my credit card over a month ago... (already got the bill & it's due in a few days so I might have to pay it...) I fully expect them to give me more than a $50 voucher and some generic apology Or I will be raising hell.
QD5Ae.gif

If they were generous enough like walmart we will proabably recieve a free n3ds instead?(most likely not lol, and im referring to when walmart had the tv's for 200$ and the people that ordered and got cancelled recieve equal value to buy another tv..)

#11960 rp71284   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

Is it in the weekly ad that was in newspapers today, or was that just the electronic version? I wouldn't be surprised if the electronic version that goes on Target's ad for tomorrow has it changed, or with a note about it being unavailable

#11961 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

Car dealerships do that all the time don't they?

Hey heres a car with all the bells and whistles for like 20'gs, but we only have 1 in stock.

I believe the ad says limited quantities so they are covered. 

You sir are correct. Limited quantities. I can barely barely make it out since I am looking at a scanned image with water marks.

#11962 rp71284   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:35 AM

Is it in the weekly ad that was in newspapers today, or was that just the electronic version?

#11963 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3786 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:53 AM

I guess you're forgetting that this is NoA. NoA hates us; they've proven this time and time again.

Is it in the weekly ad that was in newspapers today, or was that just the electronic version?

Newspaper. No idea if it's on the online version though.

#11964 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

I skipped past the couple hundred posts of arguing today, I assume we're all in the same boat with BBY still?

#11965 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2219 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:05 AM

I skipped past the couple hundred posts of arguing today, I assume we're all in the same boat with BBY still?

Yup no change. Contradicting tweets from BB support.

#11966 SteveSnowmn  

SteveSnowmn

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

Yep

#11967 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:10 AM

So I guess we should start pressuring them to not only get us our systems but $50 on top of them.  If we team up with SD we can make it happen!

#11968 Clessasaur  

Clessasaur

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

Yep. Either they're sitting in the warehouse and haven't shipped because the workers are too busy circle jerking or everything is backordered and we're totally gonna get them in a couple weeks.

#11969 dagdaniel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

dagdaniel

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

HERE'S THE AD PAGE:

http://imgur.com/sRkA930

#11970 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:16 AM

I say we go to Best Buy headquarters with machine guns and demand some answers lol