* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#12151 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

So the days of this week will be Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?   I can deal with no more Mondays.

Negative. Google is apparently also involved. They're reportedly creating a whole new day.

#12152 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7559 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

Can't tell if you typing Nintendo like that is a new fad or just you? 

I've been using "N" to reference them for years, as I found myself commenting on them more than anyone else in gaming, as they seem to  Fuck up the most. It is also a slight to how BIG they think they actually are, and nothing could be further from the truth.

I have had others ask me about it, as they have seen it other places, but it could just be me and your seeing my post, or others have adopted it. It doesn't matter, they don't deserve me to type "Nintendo", as they have lost any and all of my respect over the last several years, with threads full of dumb shit like this one. 

#12153 SteveSnowmn  

SteveSnowmn

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

My Majora's Mask LE game came from Amazon today. A day late but no big deal since I'm waiting to download the game until I get my New 3DS from Best Buy.... cue the skeleton image

#12154 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

What's the fastest way to do the system transfer? I read that you should transfer the SD card data via computer first. If you do that, do you still have to do the system transfer? How long does the transfer take if the SD card stuff is already transferred to the new SD card?

#12155 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7559 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

What's the fastest way to do the system transfer? I read that you should transfer the SD card data via computer first. If you do that, do you still have to do the system transfer? How long does the transfer take if the SD card stuff is already transferred to the new SD card?

There's some video's out there, I'll try and post the link. the card transfer method just switches the ID system "N" uses from one unit to the other, and then you do the rest with the card transfer.

Edit: 

#12156 Clessasaur  

Clessasaur

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

This applies to in store shipments too. In my area, only 3 Target's got apparently 5 red and black systems left. BestBuy has none, Gamestop you can only get in store but most stores have none. Every other store follows this.

I expected MM XL to be sold out instantly since it's a limited edition but for the regular black and red, that is just bad on Nintendo's part.

Looking at the Best Buy forums, it turns out people are also not receiving their black units which are still on stock at bb.com

So yeah. It is partially Nintendo under producing, but it also looking like Best Buy being Best Buy.

#12157 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

Of course this is "N", it's always "N", and always will be "N"(at least in North America). I can't believe how a once great company has fallen so far from grace. It's obvious to anyone with a brain who is at fault here.

Yes, we have all seen issues at certain retailers for certain games over the years, but they are normally isolated issues. NOA is always at the center of these shit storms, and I can't for the life of me understand why consumers defend these clowns.

Profits are down, and interest is high, and yet they find it impossible to produce enough products of anything that is selling. Of course they have the typical excuse of not knowing how popular a particular item will be. If they used those lame ass surveys on CN for anything besides those crap questions they actually ask, they would know how interested consumers are. Or read any gaming site, how hard is it?

End Rant!

You have to look at it from it's business structure since in the end that's how everything is determined.  Nintendo's big decision makers live in Japan.  NOA is just a sub of Nintendo.  Depending on the company, subs have much less say in how things are run and managed.  I can't remember who posted it on here but somebody referenced a well placed source that was familiar with Nintendo's management structure and he basically said that a lot of the decision makers are old school Japanese managers that are slow to change.  Just looking at how Nintendo games are far behind with the online features is proof.  

Other companies like Sony allow their US subs to have a lot more decision making power.  SCEA is pretty well run at this point and in lockstep with what fans want.  They're continuous acknowledgement of gaming forums like GAF just prove that they are well connected to the gaming community.  The success of the PS4 was no accident.  They made their mistakes, listened to the feedback, and responded accordingly and their sales are huge result of this.

My point is Presidents like Sean Layden and Phil Spencer have a lot more say in their respective regions than Reggie Fils-Aime has.

#12158 RealySleepy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

RealySleepy

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

Looking at the Best Buy forums, it turns out people are also not receiving their black units which are still on stock at bb.com

So yeah. It is partially Nintendo under producing, but it also looking like Best Buy being Best Buy

I had a black unit and normal version of MH4U pre-ordered. Both have been in preparing order since Friday. Not very happy seeing both are still being able to be bought right now.

:/

#12159 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7559 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

You have to look at it from it's business structure since in the end that's how everything is determined.  Nintendo's big decision makers live in Japan.  NOA is just a sub of Nintendo.  Depending on the company, subs have much less say in how things are run and managed.  I can't remember who posted it on here but somebody referenced a well placed source that was familiar with Nintendo's management structure and he basically said that a lot of the decision makers are old school Japanese managers that are slow to change.  Just looking at how Nintendo games are far behind with the online features is proof.  

Other companies like Sony allow their US subs to have a lot more decision making power.  SCEA is pretty well run at this point and in lockstep with what fans want.  They're continuous acknowledgement of gaming forums like GAF just prove that they are well connected to the gaming community.  The success of the PS4 was no accident.  They made their mistakes, listened to the feedback, and responded accordingly and their sales are huge result of this.

My point is Presidents like Sean Layden and Phil Spencer have a lot more say in their respective regions than Reggie Fils-Aime has.

I would agree with this, if I hadn't seen others do it better years ago. Howard Lincoln and those that ran NOA at that time,"ran" NOA. I agree, that Reggie has no control in this current climate, but to say Japan controls everything seems kind of off to me. If this was indeed true, why has NOE gotten so much better over the last few years, and NOA gone down so far? Does Japan hate America?

I've always thought Japan controlled all regions, but EU is just so much better than NOA currently and I just can't believe Japan is in full control. I agree completely that "N" is old school, as that is why Iwata still has a job, but it doesn't explain the HUGE differences between the US and the UK currently.

#12160 RenoVatio  

RenoVatio

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

I don't. See what the problem is. I'd much rather wait some extra days than have to wait outside in the cold for hours to get a game or console. Grow up.

#12161 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

I had a black unit and normal version of MH4U pre-ordered. Both have been in preparing order since Friday. Not very happy seeing both are still being able to be bought right now.

I preordered the standard edition game weeks ago and was able to receive the game in the mail on Friday.  I'm an Elite Plus member though.

I would agree with this, if I hadn't seen others do it better years ago. Howard Lincoln and those that ran NOA at that time,"ran" NOA. I agree, that Reggie has no control in this current climate, but to say Japan controls everything seems kind of off to me. If this was indeed true, why has NOE gotten so much better over the last few years, and NOA gone down so far? Does Japan hate America?

I've always thought Japan controlled all regions, but EU is just so much better than NOA currently and I just can't believe Japan is in full control. I agree completely that "N" is old school, as that is why Iwata still has a job, but it doesn't explain the HUGE differences between the US and the UK currently.

I don't profess to know exactly the political landscope with "N" but with what I've been exposed to in my professional career with regards to corporate America is that the climate will always change.  Perhaps when Reggie took over when the Wii launched, he had his control weakened compared to Howard.  Although the Wii was a hardware success, it was a software failure (in my eyes).  Maybe the lack of third party support and inability to gain enough backers hurt his position?  Who knows?  Managers will come and go and depending on who's the manager's manager at the time, some guys will just have more creative control than their predecessor and vice versa.  The one obvious conclusion everybody has made thus far is that NOA has been less of a priority compared to other regions.  That doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. 

#12162 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3792 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

Cloudx9, on 15 Feb 2015 - 1:03 PM, said:

Yea I know, I just find it funny that it's more reliable getting your red N3ds from Groupon than from BestBuy. It also cost only $180 on Groupon too since there was a universal 10% off code.

Does Groupon still have that deal? I might as well cave and get a dumb, red one.

#12163 NeoMonk  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

I don't. See what the problem is. I'd much rather wait some extra days than have to wait outside in the cold for hours to get a game or console. Grow up.

ezgif-410877c5.gif

#12164 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

Does Groupon still have that deal? I might as well cave and get a dumb, red one.

Looks like they sold out!!!

#12165 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3792 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

Cloudx9, on 15 Feb 2015 - 2:14 PM, said:Cloudx9, on 15 Feb 2015 - 2:14 PM, said:

Looks like they sold out!!!

Crap. *sigh* I just can't win. LOL

#12166 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7559 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

The one obvious conclusion everybody has made thus far is that NOA has been less of a priority compared to other regions.  That doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. 

Sadly, this is very true^ What hurts the most is that the USA helped build "N" up, and now there is little to no regard for that from anyone within the company.

#12167 lastreward24  

lastreward24

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:20 PM

So i emailed bestbuy about my concerns and this is what they had to say to reassure me.
Due to the limited availability of this item we are unable to modify the fulfillment method. Products pre-ordered through BestBuy.com will ship on or around the release date. We cannot guarantee the exact ship date, but it is possible that your item may be delivered before the currently provided ETA.

If you have not received it within the given time frame, please let us know and we will be happy to investigate the situation with you

#12168 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3021 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:20 PM

Ebay takes 10% , Amazon takes 15%
So if you sold one for $450, ebay would take $45 PayPal would take $14 plus shipping priority mail is $11 . So $70 in fees and shipping
You walk away with $380 - $215 = $165 profit
Seems like a worthwhile resell value
It would be fair to ask $400 on Craigslist and avoid all the fees and shipping worry

eBay only charges 4% on consoles if you have a store.

#12169 chestnutticus6d9  

chestnutticus6d9

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

Got a Majoras Mask 3ds and sold the sucker after seeing the ridiculous amount of money people are paying for the thing.

Went to TRU last night, bought a black N3DSXL and purchased a gold Triforce decal for it. 

This whole deal with amiibos and these 3DS' is beyond nuts. 

#12170 apokalypse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

apokalypse

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

Was browsing gamefaqs and allegedly someone emailed BB and they sent him this reply:

"We sincerely apologize if your Nintendo New 3DS XL Legend of Zelda Majora39s Mask Limited Edition GoldBlack has not been shipped out yet. Let me help you. 

About 500 orders shipping from a specific warehouse will be delayed beyond the release date, 02/13/2015. However, all orders should still arrive by or before the original "get it by" date which is 02/19/2015 but will be past the release date. Once you will receive the tracking number via e-mail, you may check the status of the order from time to time via UPS.com. We will also do a follow up on the order and we will provide you further update about this matter. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience."

#12171 Kranekinjar   Scrappy Doo on Xanax CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Kranekinjar

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

Got a Majoras Mask 3ds and sold the sucker after seeing the ridiculous amount of money people are paying for the thing.

Went to TRU last night, bought a black N3DSXL and purchased a gold Triforce decal for it. 

Honestly, who the F Fuck k cares?

#12172 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

Lol do this at your own discretion, don't share it. Now you're gonna start another dumb debate by few members on here.

#12173 Lazerack   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Lazerack

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

I had a standard edition of MH4U preordered since September. It was doing what my MMXL was doing and sitting on Payment Validated for a while. The morning before release day it was at Preparing Order and I wasn't able to cancel it down to the first step of "Order Received" then at the end of the day back up to Preparing Order with an expected ship date of 1-2 weeks. Needless to say, I cancelled it and just went and bought it in store. I had ordered it originally when it was $30 and got the GCU discount on top it. With the free $10 GC they had, it was essentially the same if you factor in the GC. Saved me having to deal with it any further.

#12174 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3792 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

chestnutticus6d9, on 15 Feb 2015 - 2:22 PM, said:

You're just cruising for a bruising.

#12175 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

Was browsing gamefaqs and allegedly someone emailed BB and they sent him this reply:

Maybe a warehouse worker at one spot went nuts and drove a forklift around wrecking everything, and is currently holed up in a fort of Majora 3DS XL's demanding that Zelda come over and make out with him.

I definitely blame Nintendo for being total fuk wits as usual, but Best Buy also handled this really badly for reasons we just don't really know.  In the grand scheme of things its just no big deal, but it woulda been nice to have gotten an email friday from them saying "Ok somethings gone wrong, we WILL send out your Majora LE/3DS' but its gonna take a few days and they will start shipping out Feb 18th or so.  Here's a $20 RZ cert as an apology and call 1-800-BESTBUY if you want to cancel your order."  Right now most of us don't even know if we are going to get our units or when, just knowing those two things would have helped a lot before the weekend.

#12176 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

Unsurprisingly my order from 12:45 AM EST last night has already shipped and no update to the systems.

post-483249-0-84437100-1424010442_thumb.

And they were willing to sell the red or black at the same price?  What a deal!

Get_252520Along.jpg

What's not visible in this photo is that the lion is a Templar and was just assassinated by the zebra and one of those death bed cut scenes is about to start.

You don't remember that it took people like six months to get StarFox 64 3D from them?  Will still have it a bit quicker than from BBY but still.

#12177 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

So I ended up with an extra one that I was going to sell to mostly pay for mine. Then one of my best friends tells me he wasn't able to get one and badly wanted one. Well, guess it's back to paying for mine out of pocket. I guess I'm the moral scalper... Lol

#12178 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3021 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

I said I could get one easily, and as of this time there are still 4 sitting in the target near by:

Check-Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Majoras-Mask-E

Matter of fact I could have drank coffee. Drove up to the store. Mire the boxes, go home, go back to sleep. Wake up, eat dinner, go back to sleep for the night, eat breakfast, eat lunch, eat dinner, and maybe go purchase all four of them right now. But why buy all 4 now when I can go to sleep and pick them up tomorrow if I feel like it?

Sorry you peasants don't live near a god tier target like I do.

(jk)

Brick seek is definitely wrong, you have no consoles there lol

Does it show the Majoras Mask in the ad? If it does they are supposed to guarantee stock or it's considered a bait and switch.

That's just false.

Damn, Amazon is a piece of work. Yesterday morning my LE MM game sets still hadn't yet shipped, so I wanted to make sure that their slow shipping didn't effect me getting my order, and that they ship them in a durable manner due to there fragile nature.

The CS rep promised me they would not combine my orders, and that my LE sets would be shipped ALONE. Does anyone want to guess the email I received from Amazon this morning?

Yep, you guessed it, ALL of my current orders have been shipped and combined in to one. WTF, are they serious? I had two different reps yesterday assure me how these would be shipped safely and alone, and I wake up this morning to how they shipped everything together. 

So I replied to that **** from last night who promised me they wouldn't combine these orders and asked that my emails be forwarded to a supervisor due to being lied to twice in one day.

Amazon customer service is horrible, never trust anything they say. They try to say they have the best customer service but they out source it, at least Walmart,besbuy, toysrus you get America. All Amazon does is slap on some gift cards if you complain and pretend like they're so awesome, and then ban you if you ask for too many refunds. I hate Amazon customer service so much.

post-483249-0-84437100-1424010442_thumb.

That picture is so satisfying. I have been saying that was what they were going to do for the last 100 pages of this thread. People arguing with me piss me off.

#12179 NostalgiaNikki  

NostalgiaNikki

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

I'm very curious whether or not these are going to come back in stock in the future. Like if they won't really end up being all that rare. I'm wondering if a large part of the scarcity issue is due to something with the strikes on certain ports.

#12180 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

You guys are great :D  Despite the arguing and entitlement for what people should do with their money, I love CAG.

I know the community has changed over the decade but still the same great group of people for the most part.

I'm very curious whether or not these are going to come back in stock in the future. Like if they won't really end up being all that rare. I'm wondering if a large part of the scarcity issue is due to something with the strikes on certain ports.

Not to shot your hopes down but just look at Nintendo's track record. They don't even make popular games anymore despite the fact that people want it.

Ever notice that popular games from Nintendo just disappear from stores. Pikmin 3, Zelda: OoT 3DS, Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold, etc. And all those are gone within a year of release. I doubt Nintendo is going to rerelease these rare ones. If they do, it'll be different editions for other games. That may not seem like a big difference but check eBay if and when that happens and you'll see it is to a collector.