* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#12181 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3021 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

Bestbuy still hasn't sent my red 3ds I bought a week before release.. So it's not only the MM ones that are delayed.

Really? Best Buy fucked up big time? How are they supposed to ship units that they didn't receive in a timely fashion? Not to mention Friday was Valentine's Day (A high volume shipping day); Monday is a Federal Holiday; And the weather has been shitty in most parts of the country all month.

Maybe I'm just old or wasn't raised to be an entitled shit but I can remember ordering clothes out of magazines as kid and having to wait 2-4 weeks for them to arrive with no tracking updates ever.

You're just old

All this and yet Groupon was able to ship their Red ones out on Thursday lol. And you could still buy them yesterday at 10% off too. Haven't checked yet if it's still in stock today.

Groupon shipped their consoles already? I don't believe it.

#12182 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5208 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

TLDR ...*

*in regards to the entire thread ;)

#12183 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3021 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

Of course this is "N", it's always "N", and always will be "N"(at least in North America). I can't believe how a once great company has fallen so far from grace. It's obvious to anyone with a brain who is at fault here.

Nintendo is a horrible company. I don't know what they were trying to get with all these supply issues but it has left nothing but hatred from me. I used to only buy nintendo as a kid but I just can't stand them anymore. Add in their horrible online network and their horrible account system. It's 2015 and nintendo is still living in the early 2000s.

Just the name NEW 3ds xl proves how horribly their company is run.

Looking at the Best Buy forums, it turns out people are also not receiving their black units which are still on stock at bb.com

So yeah. It is partially Nintendo under producing, but it also looking like Best Buy being Best Buy.

The black one is sold out at bestbuy.com

Does Groupon still have that deal? I might as well cave and get a dumb, red one.

If it's still for sale don't buy from groupon.. you might get it before the end of the year.

#12184 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

TLDR ...*

*in regards to the entire thread ;)

Whenever I wake up I check CAG. For the amiibo and this thread, I just jump to the last page and pickup from there.

IYbDE8U.gif

#12185 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

Got a Majoras Mask 3ds and sold the sucker after seeing the ridiculous amount of money people are paying for the thing.

Went to TRU last night, bought a black N3DSXL and purchased a gold Triforce decal for it.

This whole deal with amiibos and these 3DS' is beyond nuts.

Where did you get the triforce decal?

#12186 chestnutticus6d9  

chestnutticus6d9

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

Where did you get the triforce decal?

ebay for $6 

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#12187 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

my nearby target has 5 of them, just called and asked

#12188 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3682 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

My skull kid le from amazon ordered friday now shows status "on the way" arriving tomorrow.  I have never seen that status.  Is that new? I thought it should say "shipped".  

It's like they handed them over to some guy with a truck and asked for status and he told them "On the way" and they just put that on the order page.

#12189 Schuey   Nintendo Nerd CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

Has anyone with a Best Buy order waiting to ship not been charged, or had the charges put back?

#12190 dagdaniel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

dagdaniel

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

my nearby target has 5 of them, just called and asked

doubt.png

#12191 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

doubt.png

omw to see, will post results later ^^

#12192 chasedown   Local Lurker CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

chasedown

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

So funny thing. I remember responding to GMC97 about the Commerce Target in CA had 4 or 5 MM N3DSXLs according to Brickseek.  I decided to check today and it's now down to 1 on Brickseek and the Target website still says In Stock while the Red and Black are still sold out. Not fishy at all. :-

#12193 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3682 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

For anyone without GCU and wanting the regular console and regular majoras mask game, toys r us has a deal right now where you save $10 if you buy majoras mask and ANY 3DS XL system (including non-new).  Website has black and red in stock for shipping.

#12194 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

What I want to know is if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about ?

#12195 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1743 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

Has anyone with a Best Buy order waiting to ship not been charged, or had the charges put back?

Still pending for me, which is funny since GS shipped both systems already and hasn't charged me yet. 

#12196 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3792 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:58 PM

the_vahngo, on 15 Feb 2015 - 3:36 PM, said:

omw to see, will post results later ^^

Waiting.

#12197 Schuey   Nintendo Nerd CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'm wondering if the charges aren't there because it is in the process of being shipped, and the pending charges went away for the same reason.

#12198 KilKarazy  

KilKarazy

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

I'm wondering if the charges aren't there because it is in the process of being shipped, and the pending charges went away for the same reason.

plot twist, bbuy gives them all away for free on accident

#12199 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

I figured out what I want to use my $15 gift card on for Target. They have Game of Thrones Seasons 1-3 for $30 each. Gonna get season 1 Seems like a lot for one season but I'll probably sell it when I'm finished with it.

#12200 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

Nintendo is a horrible company. I don't know what they were trying to get with all these supply issues but it has left nothing but hatred from me. I used to only buy nintendo as a kid but I just can't stand them anymore. Add in their horrible online network and their horrible account system. It's 2015 and nintendo is still living in the early 2000s.

Just the name NEW 3ds xl proves how horribly their company is run.

The black one is sold out at bestbuy.com

If it's still for sale don't buy from groupon.. you might get it before the end of the year.

Groupon shipped the Red one I ordered last Wed on Thursday lol. I was originally planning on cancelling it after on Friday after scoring an MM edition at Target. They shipped it before I even had a chance.

#12201 DarkSignerKiryu   But Nep Nep... CAGiversary!   285 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DarkSignerKiryu

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

Just curious, did anybody get a shipping confirmation on the majora 3ds from best buy?

#12202 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7559 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

Amazon customer service is horrible, never trust anything they say. They try to say they have the best customer service but they out source it, at least Walmart,besbuy, toysrus you get America. All Amazon does is slap on some gift cards if you complain and pretend like they're so awesome, and then ban you if you ask for too many refunds. I hate Amazon customer service so much.

Yeah, I haven't dealt with them much, but this was beyond terrible. It's like the CS reps just made shit up to sound cool and keep me happy for the moment. It was obvious from the first message this was outsourced, as every name that was signed was as non American as it could get. I really don't care where the CS rep is from, or where they are in the world, but I do care about proper information being given and following through with what is promised.

#12203 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, I haven't dealt with them much, but this was beyond terrible. It's like the CS reps just made shit up to sound cool and keep me happy for the moment. It was obvious from the first message this was outsourced, as every name that was signed was as non American as it could get. I really don't care where the CS rep is from, or where they are in the world, but I do care about proper information being given and following through with what is promised.

non-American... Not as "non-American" as you may think. 

But I agree. I usually have a great time w/ Amazon CS but I know that sometimes they BS to get you off. Often times they're willing to compromise and update you with information later.

#12204 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:36 PM

Just curious, did anybody get a shipping confirmation on the majora 3ds from best buy?

Yea like 3 people on here.

#12205 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:43 PM

Brick seek is definitely wrong, you have no consoles there lol

That's just false.

Amazon customer service is horrible, never trust anything they say. They try to say they have the best customer service but they out source it, at least Walmart,besbuy, toysrus you get America. All Amazon does is slap on some gift cards if you complain and pretend like they're so awesome, and then ban you if you ask for too many refunds. I hate Amazon customer service so much.

That picture is so satisfying. I have been saying that was what they were going to do for the last 100 pages of this thread. People arguing with me piss me off.

Amazon CS is horrible? I've been a Prime member for years and I've NEVER had an issue with them. Their CS department is hands down the best CS department I have ever dealt with. Not only do they reply to my emails within a few hours of sending it, but they'll issue me random credits when I'm not even asking for one. They also tend to find an answer to any of my questions in a timely fashion and do a fantastic job in assisting me with any disputes between 3rd party sellers. Maybe it's because I've been a Prime member for so many years, but in my opinion, no retailer has a better CS department than Amazon.

#12206 DarkSignerKiryu   But Nep Nep... CAGiversary!   285 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DarkSignerKiryu

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yea like 3 people on here.

That's it? Everything else I've ordered from them has shipped except that, getting a little worried here, especially since I didn't bother going to try to get one on Friday since I had my preorder.

#12207 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

That's it? Everything else I've ordered from them has shipped except that, getting a little worried here, especially since I didn't bother going to try to get one on Friday since I had my preorder.

I wouldn't be too worried just yet. See what happens tomorrow. I think 80% of people who ordered Majoras Mask 3ds xl are in the same boat as you. Now if majority of people got theirs shipped and yours haven't. Then I'd start panicking.

#12208 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Groupon shipped the Red one I ordered last Wed on Thursday lol. I was originally planning on cancelling it after on Friday after scoring an MM edition at Target. They shipped it before I even had a chance.

Not doubting what you're saying but it is still very likely that others will receive their BB orders before anyone receives a groupon order since groupon is infamous for A) uploading a tracking number once they've created a label (not when it actually ships) B) almost exclusively ship via SurePost or Smart Post which to many parts of the country take 5-7 business days.

#12209 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

Not doubting what you're saying but it is still very likely that others will receive their BB orders before anyone receives a groupon order since groupon is infamous for A) uploading a tracking number once they've created a label (not when it actually ships) B) almost exclusively ship via SurePost or Smart Post which to many parts of the country take 5-7 business days.

Well mine tracking for Groupon order says UPS, schedule to be delivered Tuesday. Yes I was shocked as well. I used free SH.

#12210 KilKarazy  

KilKarazy

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:07 PM

Read like a couple pages into this thread, Best Buy has told multiple people they will probably ship monday-tuesday and will be delivered by thursday.