* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#12301 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

The missing Credit charge now sent me into a state of panic. It's the last thing I wanted to see right now, I was hoping for a nice shipping confirmation instead...

Did you try changing the date range of transactions. Mine was gone from my list until I changed it to last 30 days instead of since last statement date.

#12302 apokalypse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

apokalypse

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

Well the math would be accurate if that's the case based on my available credit, so the plot thickens. 

#12303 CAG of Duty  

CAG of Duty

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

I live in CA, and the warehouse that mine is in, is in Oklahoma if that helps? Maybe some distribution centers are just having issues. The weight on my package however is more than double what it should be, so that's interesting haha.

#12304 basbrian   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

basbrian

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

http://forums.bestbu...p/899250/page/3

Hello again everyone-

I’m sorry to see that there was a flurry of activity on this thread over the weekend and I can understand how some of you may be upset with the status of your orders.  Regrettably, we do not offer coverage for the gaming boards on weekends, so we were not here to respond.  

As we have mentioned a number of times here on the gaming forums, we ship all pre-orders when they are available, with the caveat that vendor agreements and shipping issues can impact when those items ship.  What also impacts when you will receive your pre-order is the shipping method you choose.  Since UPS does not deliver on weekends, the date many of you are seeing for delivery would be correct based on the minimum days for standard shipping. 

If you used a credit/bank card for your order, you would not be charged until your order ships.  You would see an authorization to make sure that funds are available, which typically drops off your account in 3-5 business days.  This authorization dropping off does not mean that your order has been cancelled.  If your order were to be cancelled or backordered, you should receive an email indicating this.

I’m truly sorry to hear about the frustrations that you are experiencing with our pre-order process and hopefully you should have your games and systems soon.  If I receive any new information as to the status of these orders, I will post it here.

#12305 apokalypse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

apokalypse

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

some good news?

#12306 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

pvBZnGk.jpg?1GjTk2qC.jpg?1

So this just happened.

#12307 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Every time I get a new email notification my heart skips a beat hoping it's BBY telling me my console has shipped. But alas, it's nothing. I guess it's better than a cancellation email...

#12308 kilenem   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Freaking Nintendo. Why would you produce enough units to meet demand? Just advertise it nationally in Target's ad but be sure that no one can actually purchase it. I am so close to being done with this crap.

end rant

In there defense look at the DSi and 3DS launch. Granted those were in a recession and people didn't go freakin mental.

#12309 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Just an update for those who had messaged me, I was ready to go to the target that apparently had 4. I called them up and they told me they did not have any in stock and they had received a lot of calls about them. I am sorry I couldnt help any of you out here, I was going to purchase all 4 had they had them.

So for now it looks like its up to gamestop for me, who still have not shipped my order yet (despite everyone else's getting shipped). They must be trolling me due to the fact I have been so outspoken about there business strategies throughout the years. (selling used crap is used, pressuring customers to preorder, pressuring employees to harass customers to preorder, being absolute assholes when you go in there to cancel an order)...... Isn't that right gamestop???

#12310 Clouded_Squall   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Clouded_Squall

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Just for the sake of awareness, talking about locales and distribution warehouses, CAG here reporting in from Virginia. My items always ship from the Durham, NC warehouse, so my guess is that most of us east coasters are seeing a delay, perhaps due to weather in that area. It seems like the general consensus from BBY reps is that its a delay, not a cancellation, and we should see shipment today or tommorow, since so many people have been given that 19th date. Charge is stil pending, whether its yet another hold or an actual hard charge, and all of our orders still have a "preparing" status. If they could not meet demand, I think a cancellation would have already been handed down, and if they were indeed backordered until march like AUS and UK, I think we would see it slide back to "payment validated". I know the seas have been rough, fellow CAGers, but don't lose hope just yet

#12311 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Every time I get a new email notification my heart skips a beat hoping it's BBY telling me my console has shipped. But alas, it's nothing. I guess it's better than a cancellation email...

Same, mines from gamestop, but I keep checking my phone......either cancellation or shipped order at this point.

#12312 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

So this just happened.

this is bullshit

#12313 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8566 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

SO what that CS rep is saying...is that Nintendo is making more of the console or that NOA is witholding a bunch?

#12314 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

For you bestbuy guys, bestbuy should give you all Elite status for 6 months to a year.

#12315 chasedown   Local Lurker CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

chasedown

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

Maybe they're waiting for us customers to call in and cancel our preorders so they won't have to hand out more $50 codes.

#12316 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

SO what that CS rep is saying...is that Nintendo is making more of the console or that NOA is witholding a bunch?

Sounds like BB hasn't received the consoles they thought they'd have. Who knows what that means now.

#12317 Clouded_Squall   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Clouded_Squall

For you bestbuy guys, bestbuy should give you all Elite status for 6 months to a year.

Already Elite here and will be again next year, but I'll take Elite Plus and a $50 reward cert for all the BS if it is indeed on backorder

#12318 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

a best buy rep responded on the forums

link: http://forums.bestbu...p/898285/page/8

Hello again everyone-

I’m sorry to see that there was a flurry of activity on this thread over the weekend and I can understand how some of you may be upset with the status of your orders.  Regrettably, we do not offer coverage for the gaming boards on weekends, so we were not here to respond.  

As I originally stated on Thursday, we ship all pre-orders when they are available, with the caveat that vendor agreements and shipping concerns can impact when those items ship.  What also impacts when you will receive your pre-order is the shipping method you choose.  Since UPS does not deliver on weekends, the date many of you are seeing for delivery would be correct based on the minimum days for standard shipping. 

If you used a credit/bank card for your order, you would not be charged until your order ships.  You would see an authorization to make sure that funds are available, which typically drops off your account in 3-5 business days.  This authorization dropping off does not mean that your order has been cancelled.  If your order were to be cancelled or backordered, you should receive an email indicating this.

I’m truly sorry to hear about the frustrations that you are experiencing with our pre-order process and hopefully you should have your games and systems soon.  If I receive any new information as to the status of these orders, I will post it here.

#12319 mathyou   Fart berries CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

I can't figure out if Nintendo are marketing geniuses or bumblefucks that have just lucked in to favorable scenarios of late. I originally didn't care about the New 3DS, but figured it was worth standard MSRP for the MM console. When I couldn't get one, my interest was piqued, and I half-heartedly decided I might get a standard console. And, of course, now that I can't find one in store I'm on a the hunt. I've gone from shrugged shoulders to rabid search. It's the same with Amiibo.

I don't remember seeing these pre-order issues with other console launches (limited stock, yes, but not unfulfilled mass pre-orders) which is why it seems like Nintendo's doing. Retailers are too smart and have been burned too frequently to be fully behind this. Their short responses - accidental order cancelations, etc. - may even be diplomacy to cover for Nintendo.

So I say "kudos" to the endlessly dopey Nintendo, with their absurd naming conventions and overly inflated sales projections for behind-the-times hardware. I love their products, and if these recent clusterfucks continue to push sales and their marketplace relevancy, I'm all for it.

#12320 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2187 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

Unfortunately what the rep is saying is they are awaiting more stock from Nintendo which they are assuming will come. Problem is this stock does not exist seeing as how it was a limited edition item...

#12321 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

That rep, in my mind, confirmed BB's long standing practice of NOT going by the people first in line is still happening.I remember there being people going nuts over a CE like 5 years ago because of this.

In that case, the difference wasn't order time, it was order DAY. People who ordered day one didn't get it, people you ordered days later did.

Wish they would just send their "We suck, here is a gift card" email already.

#12322 Clouded_Squall   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Clouded_Squall

So this just happened.

I can't believe that. How many CS reps confirmed that there was just a delay in shipment and the 19th would be our golden day? If this really is the case, this may be the only time I've ever raised hell with a company and their CS department. If this is true, they should have at least let it be known so some of us could have attempted getting one through Target on Friday

#12323 apokalypse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

apokalypse

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

I call bs on that BB CS chat. I learned over the weekend no one knows shit and each employee has their own theory/take on what's going on. I have heard different stories from different reps. I have spoken to 2 people via chat and 3 via phone and not one story matched, so basically we are no closer to a firm answer than we were on Friday.

#12324 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

I can't believe that. How many CS reps confirmed that there was just a delay in shipment and the 19th would be our golden day? If this really is the case, this may be the only time I've ever raised hell with a company and their CS department. If this is true, they should have at least let it be known so some of us could have attempted getting one through Target on Friday

I call bs on that BB CS chat. I learned over the weekend no one knows shit and each employee has their own theory/take on what's going on. I have heard different stories from different reps. I have spoken to 2 people via chat and 3 via phone and not one story matched, so basically we are no closer to a firm answer than we were on Friday.

I'm really hoping she was wrong, but she said she was speaking to her back office before she came back with that answer.

#12325 Cloudx9  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

It doesn't really make sense if Bestbuy already have everyone's on backorder unless Nintendo meant to send Bestbuy only a few hundred units. Very few people actually had theirs Shipped out. Now it could be possible most of Nintendo's shipment to Bestbuy were delayed for whatever reason. So far seems like what Bestbuy shipped out already is wayy less than even Fry's preorders that were fulfilled, and Frys had extra couple hundred units for their stores

#12326 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

It doesn't really make sense if Bestbuy already have everyone's on backorder unless Nintendo meant to send Bestbuy only a few hundred units. Very few people actually had theirs Shipped out. Now it could be possible most of Nintendo's shipment to Bestbuy were delayed for whatever reason. So far seems like what Bestbuy shipped out already is wayy less than even Fry's preorders that were fulfilled, and Frys had extra couple hundred units for their stores

It also doesn't make sense to move into the preparing order stage and charge someone for an item they don't have.

#12327 KemperJones   MSRP is for suckers. CAGiversary!   1213 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

KemperJones

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

How did you even get to chat with a bb.com rep?

#12328 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

thats what i would like to know as well, i couldnt find a chat option

#12329 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

thats what i would like to know as well, i couldnt find a chat option

The button only pops up for me on the cart page.

#12330 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

a best buy rep responded on the forums

link: http://forums.bestbu...p/898285/page/8

Kudos my post, I think I was fair.