* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#13021 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:50 AM

Wow didn't actually expect everything to be delivered today. Had to wait till 6:30pm before UPS guy finally shows up. Even the Red N3DS XL ordered from Groupon showed up. decided to sell red one to a colleague. Now to decide which to keep for myself, and which is the leftover for my wife =D

edit: Wife already claimed the Majoras Mask, guess its Monster Hunters for me.

attachicon.gifOptimized-2015-02-17 19.01.07.jpg

That skull kid box looks in great shape.  Which store was it from?

#13022 Cloudx9  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:51 AM

That skull kid box looks in great shape. Which store was it from?

Gamestop

#13023 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:51 AM

That skull kid box looks in great shape.  Which store was it from?

Probably best buy, GS did a great job packing it but if they would have put it face down instead of against an air bubble it would have been great.

#13024 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:00 AM

I've never used screen protectors or hard cases on my red 3ds and aside from hand smudges here and there and some dust/dead skin it's in tip top shape. I keep it in a the club nintendo pouch then in case when not in use. Is a TPU protector really necessary? screen protector I understand but a hard shell?! IDK i never use my 3ds outside my house but that's because i don't leave the house to play video games.

Let's just say a TPU cover is fingernail insurance.

#13025 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

*Patiently still waits for a MM 3DSXL to pop up. One can dream, right?

#13026 Velmeran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Velmeran

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

3ds trifecta complete.

4vpv87.jpg

Love how the packaging gets smaller and smaller -- and the 25th Anniversary packaging is smaller than the Phantom Hourglass DS Lite bundle.

Though we've also seen how what's included shrinks...
DS Lite - Included physical copy of PH, and a charger.
3DS - Included physical copy of OoT, and a charger.
3DSXL - Included digital copy of ALBW, and a charger.
N3DXL - Nothing extra included.

#13027 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

Eh, you guys notice no seal stickers on your MM 3ds xl?

#13028 rilgerton41   Pax Dei, Treuga Dei CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

rilgerton41

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

That's how they are now, apparently. They are really cost cutting.

#13029 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

Love how the packaging gets smaller and smaller -- and the 25th Anniversary packaging is smaller than the Phantom Hourglass DS Lite bundle.

Though we've also seen how what's included shrinks...
DS Lite - Included physical copy of PH, and a charger.
3DS - Included physical copy of OoT, and a charger.
3DSXL - Included digital copy of ALBW, and a charger.
N3DXL - Nothing extra included.

Hey, why must you remind me i dont have the PH DS lite...

And yep totally agree... Nintendo cutting more and more till nothing left to cut. I mean the power adapter!

#13030 NeoMonk  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

That's how they are now, apparently. They are really cost cutting.

They're banking that fingerprints are enough of a proof that it was touched if someone tries to return one.

#13031 Schuey   Nintendo Nerd CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

Man, I wish I didn't have to wait until Friday to pick up my stuff at home. Can't wait!

#13032 rilgerton41   Pax Dei, Treuga Dei CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

rilgerton41

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

And yep totally agree... Nintendo cutting more and more till nothing left to cut. I mean the power adapter!

I read (with no real citation) that the lack of the non-XL models for the N3DS are at least partially because they are worried about (us dumb American) consumers getting confused with the models. A valid concern, when you name your item after the adjective that applies to every item in the store.

Wait until they see how confused they are that they can't charge the damn thing.

I still want one though...here's to a March shipment.

#13033 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

wow is buying that many 3ds's that necessary? and no I don't believe they're to give away to family and friends

#13034 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

3ds trifecta complete.

4vpv87.jpg

Ya need the Wii U now to =p

#13035 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

Gamestop

You got the Hori screen protectors from TRU?

Friggin should have ordered them a couple days ago, I didnt want to yet because I thought my order was getting cancelled. Turns out now its going to get delivered thursday. I could temporarily take the ones off my 3DS XL but id prefer to just put new ones on.

#13036 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:44 AM

You got the Hori screen protectors from TRU?

Friggin should have ordered them a couple days ago, I didnt want to yet because I thought my order was getting cancelled. Turns out now its going to get delivered thursday. I could temporarily take the ones off my 3DS XL but id prefer to just put new ones on.

I guess so... + $6 for shipping =/

UPS lost mine, I'm thinking about ordering a few, I haven't opened my 3DS because of it.

#13037 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:44 AM

Saw this on Neogaf, this guy is the king:

BJVnNzj.jpg

He needs the Ganondorf statue, I would have given it to him for free but I just sold it today......

#13038 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:46 AM

I guess so... + $6 for shipping =/

UPS lost mine, I'm thinking about ordering a few, I haven't opened my 3DS because of it.

I meant if they had it in store. I actually bought one about a week or two ago, but I ended up putting it on my 3DS XL because I decided I wasnt going to get the MM 3DS XL.....that changed though when "add to cart" button was right in front of me lol.......

#13039 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:46 AM

Missing the ganon figure from WIndwaker LE, and no gold pro controller!

#13040 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

I noticed it with the crystal 2DS, but some other DS bundles do still seem to have stickers.  Not sure how they choose which get them now.

#13041 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:49 AM

Saw this on Neogaf, this guy is the king:

BJVnNzj.jpg

He needs the Ganondorf statue, I would have given it to him for free but I just sold it today......

Wow the Majora's system looks like butt compared to the others.

#13042 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

Wow the Majora's system looks like butt compared to the others.

The gold on the Wii remote and nunchuck look the best.

#13043 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4350 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

Well, if you have something good to trade I have Zelda DSL with a broken screen. I was going to fix it with a white or black replacement screen, but just never got around to it. If you have something good to trade or want to make a cash offer, let me know.

#13044 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

4gn9yv.jpg

Sorry for the crappy low light ipad picture... and trust me i have the WWHD Wii U...

I wanted to pull out it all...  but its all in bins and this was hard enough.

that missing PH DS lite

#13045 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:05 AM

Well, if you have something good to trade I have Zelda DSL with a broken screen. I was going to fix it with a white or black replacement screen, but just never got around to it. If you have something good to trade or want to make a cash offer, let me know.

oh hey...   i have a cobalt blue DS lite...   maybe i could replace the screen...  idk last time i replaced a screen (laptop monitor panel) it just didnt end up the same way as when i took it apart.    I'll google that replacement process and message you if i feel adventurous.

#13046 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

This is my first personal themed system, I've always been an early adopter and never double dipped. I'm glad Nintendo upped there game and released one with the new release of the system.

This is what UPS did with my screen protectors, have to wait till next week =/, the worst thing is that they were shipped out 8 miles down the road from my house and now 1500 miles away. #*)(@*#%)

February 17, 2015, 8:04 pm, Tulsa OK US Package has left the carrier facility February 17, 2015, 6:16 pm, Tulsa OK US Package arrived at a carrier facility February 17, 2015, 9:05 am, Tulsa OK US Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility February 13, 2015, 1:43 am, Riverside CA US Package arrived at a carrier facility February 13, 2015, 1:23 am, Moreno Valley CA US Package received by carrier February 13, 2015, 1:21 am, Ontario CA US Package has left the carrier facility February 12, 2015, 8:34 pm, Ontario CA US Package arrived at a carrier facility February 12, 2015, 8:32 pm, US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

#13047 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

February 17, 2015, 8:04 pm, Tulsa OK US Package has left the carrier facility

February 17, 2015, 6:16 pm, Tulsa OK US Package arrived at a carrier facility

February 17, 2015, 9:05 am, Tulsa OK US Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility

February 13, 2015, 1:43 am, Riverside CA US Package arrived at a carrier facility

February 13, 2015, 1:23 am, Moreno Valley CA US Package received by carrier

February 13, 2015, 1:21 am, Ontario CA US Package has left the carrier facility
February 12, 2015, 8:34 pm, Ontario CA US Package arrived at a carrier facility

February 12, 2015, 8:32 pm, US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

fixed so i could read it.

#13048 Elevander   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:23 AM

My MH one is playing ping-pong :-P

Louisville, KY, United States 02/17/2015 11:40 P.M. Departure Scan  
                                               02/17/2015 5:37 P.M. Arrival Scan  
                                               02/17/2015 5:22 P.M. Departure Scan  
                                               02/16/2015 11:00 P.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. /
                                               We’re working to deliver your package as soon as possible.
Louisville, KY, United States 02/16/2015 6:00 P.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. /
                                               We’re working to deliver your package as soon as possible.  
                                               02/16/2015 11:09 A.M. Origin Scan United States
                                               02/13/2015 8:57 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

#13049 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

Not as described. You can search paypal all you want but you won't find anything that can prevent it. Only Unauthorized or Not Received can be POTENTIALLY covered as you can still lose. The ahole stated the console was used when it clearly wasn't. CCs and Paypal only can see tracking and DC. The buyer could have even stated that he received a box of rocks and he'll still win. To paypal, ebay and amazon: you are guilty until you proven innocent. I still can't believe the government yet to step in to reinforce a law requiring online retailers to accept prepaid cards.

There is a very clear cut way to protect yourself from a SNAD case as a seller but it takes some work. Not going to go into detail in this thread because that's not what it's for and also I don't mind the eBay fear mongering because it keeps the thrill seekers off the site. But eBay isn't 100% pro buyer; it just doesn't side with lazy sellers who don't take the time to read the user agreement and don't spend any time reading how to use the seller protection (or law) to their advantage.

No lol some people were posting stories like that and I read a whole article about how ebay is anti sellers. So what is the plan is everyone that is planning to sell gonna do it on craigslist

See above

For anyone that received their MM 3dsxl recently (or any New 3dsxl)

Do the boxes not have that clear plastic tape on the opening tabs that all previous 3ds systems came with?

(You know, you have to peel the tape back to be able to open the tab on the side of the box)

I received my system today and there was no tape on the box, but the tab was closed.  

Just wanna make sure my system wasn't pre-opened. (I know im a little paranoid) 

Thanks. 

I noticed it with the crystal 2DS, but some other DS bundles do still seem to have stickers.  Not sure how they choose which get them now.

None of the new nintendo hardware have security seals. Not the Wii U, 2DS, newly manufactured old 3DS XL, or the New XL. I pointed this out to someone I know who works at Target and he said it "shouldn't" be an issue because returns aren't supposed to be put back out on the floor anymore but of course that is YMMV. 

But of course in most instances a security seal is just a feel good measure. Most can be removed fairly easily and replaced. 

#13050 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

GBAstar, on 18 Feb 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:GBAstar, on 18 Feb 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:GBAstar, on 18 Feb 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

There is a very clear cut way to protect yourself from a SNAD case as a seller but it takes some work. Not going to go into detail in this thread because that's not what it's for and also I don't mind the eBay fear mongering because it keeps the thrill seekers off the site. But eBay isn't 100% pro buyer; it just doesn't side with lazy sellers who don't take the time to read the user agreement and don't spend any time reading how to use the seller protection (or law) to their advantage.

There is no clear cut way.

We launch an investigation on this years ago. All ebay, paypal and amazon will do is wash their hands. They'll pretend they be on your side and secretly side with the buyers completely. The only way you'll really win is if the buyer long history indicates similar frequent incident. PM me your clear cut method to protect yourself because I am interested. The police nor paypal could give me one.