* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#2131 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2981 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

K, I got my MH 3DS preordered in store. Traded in my X&Y Blue 3DS XL. Manager had to override the trade in value because it was trying to only give me $80. But, all is well. If anyone is after the MH one, try in store.

By the way: They didn't charge me for shipping through the in store web order. :)

That sells for around $175 on eBay

#2132 Shadowkiller97   He Who Comes with the Dawn CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Shadowkiller97

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

This is a person with good taste. Couldn't have plopped out a better list myself.

I agree, great list. But I would add the Mario platformers:

Super Mario 3D Land - great game and great use of 3D effect

New Super Mario Bros 2

Yoshi's New Island

Also, both Professor Layton games are lots of fun if you like puzzles and riddles.

#2133 M-10  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

This is a person with good taste. Couldn't have plopped out a better list myself.

No Bravely Default...

#2134 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

No Bravely Default...

We're only human!

#2135 Etneri  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

That sells for around $175 on eBay

I didn't see much actually selling on eBay. Especially now that the new3DS is announced. I'd rather just take the $100 than deal with eBay fees and such.

#2136 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3718 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

ctrl+f "virtue's last reward"

0 results found

Not a very good list. Unless you have it on the Vita. 

Also, if someone's never played Xenoblade, I would't recommend their first playthrough be on the fucking 3DS. 

#2137 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2981 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

Phoenix wright is one of my favorites

#2138 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:00 AM

I like making babies in FE.

#2139 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

WTF?

#2140 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6685 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

9e2fa2235490237715b2a64916e981b77f3c35e4

#2141 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

WTF?

You haven't played any Fire Emblem? You're missing out, I'm a little new to the series tho...

#2142 groundskeeper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

groundskeeper

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

I would remove most if all the physical cart Nintendo published games on this list and add these:

Inazuma Eleven

Fantasy Life

SMT: Soul Hackers

Cave Story

Zero Escape

Bravely Default

Persona Q

Project X Zone

SMTIV

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Etrian Odyssey Untold: TMG

Yes I tend to lean toward RPG.

#2143 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:39 AM

We're only human!

NO EXCUSES

But seriously, that list is a pretty complete must-haves aside from the aforementioned Bravely Default. And maybe Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies since it's been overlooked somehow.

#2144 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:45 AM

Glad i was able to get a MH4 edition before they went out of stock. Such a slick looking version.

#2145 DRCOOL   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:56 AM

Nintendo's US "store" now says both models are unavailable for preorder.  

http://www.nintendo..../new-3ds-xl-red

I can't believe they're all sold out now, but time will tell.

#2146 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

I'm keeping my cosmos black 3ds for the non-new-specific games. I still have my DSi....that I still need to play that exclusive Dragon Quest on....

Yikes, my backlog says no new consoles.

#2147 genesis49  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

I pre-ordered both the Zelda and the monster hunter version because I couldn't decide which I liked better and didn't want to miss out if I changed my mind one way or the other. Now that they both actually sold through at preorder I'm especially torn. Probably going to keep both and sell my current xl and upgrade my sons og model.

#2148 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:17 AM

9e2fa2235490237715b2a64916e981b77f3c35e4

"Ricks voice" Umm 5 bucks, that's the best I can do. Take it or leave it.

So I just watched a video on ign that you will have to remove the backing with a special 0 screwdriver. Sighs

I can not wait for this game ! It's going to be awesome !
Bummer that I have wait for shipping due to no in store pick up.

#2149 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16273 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

Can someone please tell me who Rick4Lifes previous alt is? It's driving me nuts.

You can get a 0 screwdriver as part of a set cheap on Amazon. Worth it if you also do any tinkering on electronics or computers.

Also, stop arguing with rcerboss. He has serious issues. It's just going to drive you crazy.

#2150 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

Can someone please tell me who Rick4Lifes previous alt is? It's driving me nuts.

You can get a 0 screwdriver as part of a set cheap on Amazon. Worth it if you also do any tinkering on electronics or computers.

Also, stop arguing with rcerboss. He has serious issues. It's just going to drive you crazy.

Seriously, so many things use tiny screws like that these days you have to have one around the house.

#2151 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:05 AM

This might be answered somewhere deep in this thread but I will ask it still.

How would you do a system transfer for the trade-in deal at GS? You won't have both systems on hand at the same time.

#2152 Modoru   ne, shitteru? ૮(◕ ᴥ ◕ ∪) CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:07 AM

How would you do a system transfer for the trade-in deal at GS? You won't have both systems on hand at the same time.

YMMV per GameStop. Have to ask if they'll let you.

#2153 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2063 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

I talked to a gamestop employee about that yesterday and he said he was trying to get more information from Nintendo and that they were making this promotion a pain in the ass for them. The promotion will be going until release date so if you have Mobile Mobile Hotspot on your phone you can use that to connect to the internet and do a transfer at the store. I'd be surprised if they didn't let you do it. But it doesn't help to ask to make sure.

#2154 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

Nintendo's US "store" now says both models are unavailable for preorder.  

http://www.nintendo..../new-3ds-xl-red

I can't believe they're all sold out now, but time will tell.

Interesting.

I don't see any reason why the official Nintendo store would go live with 'coming soon' a few days ago, then make this change (now of all times) if there is anticipated additional stock likely to be had for preorders.  Of course, there's always going to be some amount of stock that reenters the market from cancelled orders, etc. (such as the Gamestop over-reserves that may or may not have happened due to their system downtime)....but that is always sporadic (both in quantity and time it will be made re-available). 

I do think there's a good chance that some retailers will have stock available of the MM system in-store on the day of release, but probably not a huge quantity.  The MM system may not reach the low levels of the Pikachu 3DSXL release, but the limited preorders does not exactly help the case for a glut similar to the LBW 3DSXL.  As far as the MH4 system bundle, I'd be very surprised if any given Gamestop gets more than a couple (at most). 

If you managed to snag a MM or MH4 system, it seems that it would be prudent to hold onto it.

#2155 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:30 AM

At the moment, the only surefire way would be to pick up a third 3DS somewhere to transfer to temporarily until the New XL comes out.

#2156 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

I talked to a gamestop employee about that yesterday and he said he was trying to get more information from Nintendo and that they were making this promotion a pain in the ass for them. The promotion will be going until release date so if you have Mobile Mobile Hotspot on your phone you can use that to connect to the internet and do a transfer at the store. I'd be surprised if they didn't let you do it. But it doesn't help to ask to make sure.

Nintendo isnt making it a pain for them they are the ones choosing to end it the day the new 3ds comes out

#2157 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:35 AM

It's been said already but the fact that the release date is less then a month away and that both these special edition models are being released at the same time as the normal models is playing into low stock numbers. There's only so much they can produce.  I wouldn't hold out hope of finding these special editions on retail shelves.

#2158 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:39 AM

http://lexington.cra...4850446986.html
This guy is clearly trying to sell his gameboy to pay for the NEW 3DS:
Original Gameboy Color $230
One of the very FIRST GAMEBOY COLORS, does not have the battery cover for it, it works perfectly, these are a major collectors item and will only go up in value for their unique processing and savings systems inside the games they play, this comes with the very hard to find Pokemon SPECIAL EDITION PIKACHU YELLOW, and the also rare, POKEMON CRYSTAL VERSION! Do not message me and offer me 150$ I will NOT take it!!!! Txt or call me anytime! Willing to meet in Lexington or Louisville
show contact info

#2159 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:39 AM

At the moment, the only surefire way would be to pick up a third 3DS somewhere to transfer to temporarily until the New XL comes out.

Yeah, unfortunately this is the only way to do it. I also think one of the definitions of return fraud is buying something that you intend to return, so just another thing to think about.

#2160 Micadelic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:40 AM

Sooooo there isn't any way I can trade my ambassador 3ds for the new MH 3ds and maintain all of my games and keep MH as well?